Discussion Hypothetical Questions(Slightly Depressing)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Twilight Fox, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, leaving the first one aside, the rest are tragic and I am not sure if I will be able to do what I will be saying here. Neither do I want to, God keep us all healthy and fit.

Case 1 (Candy Allergy)
    Well who wears superman costume on halloween? You are supposed to scare people, wearing an underwear outside your pants will make you look like a joker and give you a really tight feeling at your balls.
    Plus are my parents idiots? Telling me at the last minute, after I have worn the stupid costume, this so much valuable intel that I will die if I eat a candy?
    Anyways, if its just candy,I think I could live with it.

Case 2 (Going blind over the years)
    Really try to stop it, get it diagnosed and stuff. If not, then learn sign language. Learn about different pictures, shapes and colors. Relate vision with touch and hearing, for eg drawing with a thick ink pen and trace the lines with my fingers and imagine a drawing in my head as I touch it. (so mybe I could still read after all)
    I learn sign language because it is easier now, since I can see signs. Aftwerwards things might get tricky even if I want to learn it for some reason.
    Watch a lot of pictures, the sky, the sun, the planets, the stars, the colors etc so I can relate to other people well in future.

Case three
    If it must happen, we will see what happens whenever it happens and see what to do when it happens.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    mir likes this.
  2. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to answer since I'm neither allergic to candy or going to blind. But life must go on.

3. JerryHatrick

JerryHatrick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking it over, asking you to clarify was unnecessary and silly. If it's already happened and it's now 10 or 20 years later, I've already dealt with it and it's no longer hypothetical.
    So I will answer for the gradual loss that is still happening.

First, it would depend on the impairment. If I'm going to end up a paraplegic who can't even wipe my own ass, before it reaches that point, I will take my own life. Therefore I would live my life like I was going to die. Take the bull by the horns and experience as much of life as I could.
    If I was just going to lose one of my senses, I would follow what my first response was, and learn about/use that sense as much as possible so I have a reference to use in the future.
    If I was going to lose my legs, well there's already many ways to cope with that.
    If I was going to lose my arms, I can use my feet pretty well. I don't think it'd be a huge problem. Life would be much slower. Especially typing.
    I feel like the hardest of the senses to lose would be eyesight.

Ultimately, I would probably find a way to compensate or learn to live without, and if it's something I absolutely can't live without, then I won't.
    Edit: Though if I had children, I would try to persevere more.

Naraku likes this.
  4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Talking about it seriously ?

Alright for the first thing, alergic to candy (so sugar I think), guess I won't kill myself with sugar ( oh wait... ), it'll be ridiculous, I'll get flustered at the beginning, be jealous of the guy who can eat this wonderful and heavenly sweet things... but then I will get old, get a wife, get a little bit of pitifuls and annoyings kids that I'll be forced to take care because I forgot to take condoms... anyway, I will probably die as an old man, tasting candy with a big smile... except if I notice that it's disgusting and will cry on my deathbed...

Let's get started with the next !
    ...The worst... considering I was already a bit perverted at that time... oh wait, I'm becoming blind at ten ? Damn, I though I started being gradually blind at ten... well I was perverted when I was eight, so that seemingly alright to hypothetize 'bout it.
    How could I live without seeing my future beautiful wife ? I'll never be able to see the next of Naruto ? (though now I think it's really a shitty manga/anime compared to before) And how handsome will I become ? (hopeful dream brat)
    But then, is my life screwed up ? Will I get bumped by a random car on the road ? Will I need someone to always keep his awful eyes on me like a puppy ? Is independence a dream now ?
    Will I burden my family ? During the rest of my life ?
    (Yeah, at that's time, I already thought that I should avoid trouble... because of some kinds of accident before my seventh year of life.)
    => Well, it's that kind of thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the last one... losing a part of your life ?
    It depends, if you say I'm going to die at my 50th year, alright, just need to have kid around 25 year old so I can eventually become grandfather and give them some useless lessons on this worthless life that us humans care so much since it's in our nature to care about meaningless things... (as long as death is the most useless thing in this world, I can continue to say that ^w^)
    Not a lot of problems in this case...

If it's around forty, it's still... alright... not really... quite hard, I mean... you're really going to leave halfway unlike 50th which is still... tolerable, but not 40th, half of your life in school and the rest at work, ( well it's like 50th homever you don't have enough time to save up money to get a few years of holidays.) And your children will be feeling the worst... if you get them at well let's just say 25th, the father will leave them when they are at 15 years old, damn depressing.
    And it's when you get child earlier, imagine if they are 10 at that time ? It feels despairing, no ?

If it's around thirty, no time for kids, no time for love, no time for holydays, no time for relationships. So let's juste not work. Let's just be a burden to your family if you want to at least appreciate your life.
    Wel just kiddingl, not really, but... I mean, you can't get real love relationship in that short time, no ? So, your life is already screwed up but not that must, at least, I will try to 'solve my debts' toward my family who took care of me, that's the minimum.

But if you make it likfe Ze Tian Ji, and dying at twenty... let's stop school the earliest possible and fuck this world.
    I mean it seriously, c'me on, you're not going to stay quiet if you only a few years alive, no ?
    Worst than dying at thirty, this time, you don't have enough time to help your family, so what do you have ?
    I'll throw every morals possible and get fun 'till my death, not going to research a way to change this fate since, I don't have enough time anyway, don't wanna waste my time.
    So let's just fuck everyone and everything.
    I will try to do that but I'll also try to help my family homever not by legals means, just to make them realize that they didn't really lose something after educating me (or let's just get a life insurance), I mean... it's kinda look like my parents took care of... nothing...? Because I'm not going to have a real life, not going to get through aging, not going to experience real love, kids, work, things that most people can experiment... unlike this pitiful child who will die earlier and appreciate this time with every means possible while trying not to be a worthless and ungrateful child.

- - -

Damn, never though I will write that much in my first time on this forum xD
    ( that's quite depressing somehow...)
    Welp, I'm new on the forum anyway.
    Let have fun together, will we ?

Recouer likes this.
  5. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i'm smart and apathetic does that count as a disability like i will never know happiness?

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd tell them you are pretty stupid, since you can't be allergic to candy. Maybe to specific things like chocolate, nuts or the like but you can't be allergic to all candy.

But in all seriousness, if that was the case it meant I never ate candy to begin with. As for being denied going on halloween, well since that happened to me when I was a child I was upset, mostly because I promised to go and wasn't allowed.

If I had my conscious now then I would see as many things as I could so I have memories of how they look. But as child I'd be confused and not understand really.

Same as above.

Prey to the cat gods! (pun intended)

mir likes this.
  7. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be scary but I'll deal with it...I mean wat can a kid do, all I know about is playing anyway

8. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    Being allergic to candy isn't a big deal, it doesn't mean I can't have a good time with my friends. But as a child, I suppose that would be devastating...
    As for going blind, well, I would get used to it as time goes on. It's not like there aren't blind people, so that isn't really a big problem.
    Now, losing a chunk of my life. I'd just make peace with the fact that I would die young. And YOLO everything.

9. Skullie

Skullie [Lonely][I want cat :(]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll just live my life like i always do. It's not as if killing yourself helps

10. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    Make the best out of what you already have. I know disabled people, those with terminal illnesses, and some who have lives that make them seem like the most damned people on earth. These are also some of the happiest people I know.

11. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For all of those, I would cry first, since 4 year olds do that alot.
    After that, if I understood what was going on, I'd just try to use the sense or ability to the fullest while I still can and carefully remember things I wouldn't be able to experience later.
    For the candy one, if I was one of the parents, I'd just find something else the kid likes to replace it, have them go trick-o-treating anyway and get then trade the candies collected candies for an equal amount of the replacement snack so the kid feels like they earned it/ accomplished something. If I was the kid, well, I gave up coffee which I used to love, so I'd be fine giving up candy.

Midnight Rain and Tramsloof like this.
  12. Drakolous Maxima

Drakolous Maxima 《一条龙》

Reading List:
    Link
    I would accept it, because I don't know anything else.
    I would like to fight it and recover, whatever the f happens

13. Midnight Rain

Midnight Rain The 5th is around~

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Letting go of candy isn't something big since I rarely ate them when I was a child
    2.if I were to lost my eyes, I will try to look around and memorize as much "color" as I can
    3.if there's nothing I can do about it then I need to accept it.. I can't change anything.. Looking forward.. There will be something I gain when I lost something..

14. Skullie

Skullie [Lonely][I want cat :(]

Reading List:
    Link
    True, real life won’t always work in your favor

Midnight Rain likes this.