Discussion Hypothetically, can blood become plasma energy?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I gave up after a hour or two of reading information on blood and its possible correlation to plasma energy. I searched up the components of blood and plasma; and I soon individually read up their definitions and relations in chemistry. After all that, I looked up the physics about the elements existing in the human body and laws of thermodynamics. In conclusion, fuck it all.

To those fluent in these subjects, is it possible to transform blood into plasma energy? I can't explain it or picture the whole process clearly, but I like to believe it should be possible if done in extreme lengths. I know we're already entering fiction, but this is a hypothetical question, based on my half-baked knowledge. Just use a superhuman as the model to generate plasma energy at will using their own bodies composition.

2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Plasma energy?

Plasma is just a state of matter ( solid>liquid>gas> plasma) , when matter exists in ionic state.

Anything heated to a certain degree can turn into plasma.

Not sure about this plasma energy.

Please don't go into the thought that blood has mystical potential like in cn novel, it's nothing more than a carrier of nutrients to our body.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Nightow1, mir, TamaSaga and 8 others like this.
  3. Molen

Molen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's possible.
    If you superheat anything, it will become plasma (well, the water in the blood would become plasma before the solid elements though)

Nightow1 and TamaSaga like this.
  5. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    All matter can be converted to plasma at extreme temperatures, so yes blood can also be transformed into plasma and no its not something bullshit like blood plasma or whatever the Chinese authors like to tell in their stories:facepalm:

Nightow1 likes this.
  6. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as the matter itself is able to enter fusion, it should be.

You should ask these question in r/askscience or another place, I don't think that we have many people who studied physics here.

Fulminata likes this.
  7. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    distinction
    plasma in biology: solvente medium (water) with some few small particle and proteins, that is the majority of your blood, basically blood minus red blood cells, white cells and platelets

plasma in physics, fourth state of matter, basically super hot material with enough termal energy that electron can no longer remain in their atomic orbit creating a mixture of positve (nucleous) and negative (electron) charge

plasma energy, there is no such thing, there is only one type of energy, what change is how it is stored aka kinetic energy (energy from movement- depend of referencial), gravitic potential (from gravity- also depend from referencial), thermic energy (basically average value of kinectic energy of large number of small particules), electromagnetic potential (from electromagnetic interaction), chemical potential (energy that can be released or stored through chemical process, think batteries)....and any other type useful for an physics calculation

Nightow1, mir, TamaSaga and 3 others like this.
  8. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    This plasma and the plasma he's asking about are different. That's why he used plasma energy instead of plasma i think. The plasma he's asking about is just a state of matter.

9. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Think of how lightning happens and the lightning itself. You can also picture DOOM's plasma gun or BFG.
    Then if the body is capable of doing so, what catalyst is needed for it to charged said (plasma) energy outside the body?
    That's the reason why I'm trying to apply quasi-science instead. I really don't want to reply on nonexistent elements like "blood" or "vampire" Qi. Qi does exist, but it's not that powerful enough to become a leading edge weaponry in the military.
    Can a superhuman body become the system for fusion and emit it outwards? Simply conversion and loss of mass.

10. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, if you can replace eggs with blood then maybe even this is possible.

I think you should adk Reddit however, since they're generally more knowledgeable.

11. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theoretically? Yes.

Is it realistic? No.

Nightow1 likes this.
  12. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Then if the body is capable of doing so, what catalyst is needed for it to charged said (plasma) energy outside the body?[/QUOTE]

There's no use in converting blood into plasma, what would you gain by putting more energy into making it only to get nothing. It makes a great conductor and nothing else.

And the plasma gun part, it's a projectile, think of it like a flamethrower, except it's shooting at a much higher temperature. This doesn't make plasma a energy source. unless it's used to create energy like how steam is used to power generators from coal to nuclear power plants.

Nightow1 likes this.
  13. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Plasma is not an energy. It is an unstable form of matter which emits energy.

Blood can be converted to plasma. Anything can be converted to plasma, under right condition.

Energy harvesting is not a very efficient process here. When you went plasma from some gun, it deteriorates very quickly, the energy spread is in all directions. Like a bomb.

TLDR: issue is with efficiency. If eta is very less, then we may not have an energy source suitable to convert blood to plasma commercially/realistically.

Nightow1 likes this.
  14. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Your post actually coincides with my thought that our body could be transformed into a powerhouse.

Maybe if fusion becomes a parlor trick in future, some cyborg junkie could create a humanoid capable of holding it in our bodies and have a versatile use of it.

15. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't Reddit.
    Exactly! It doesn't break any laws of thermodynamics.
    True, but in a theoretical experiment, say the body's regenerative process is faster than its destruction? It should be possible to concentrate plasma energy on certain parts of the body, extending it as an energy attack, yes? But of course, it would require electromagnetic force fields to generate it, but the body is said to be a good medium for force fields, more so when it can conduct and generate electrical charges. This is under the assumption of extreme units.
    I'm trying to weaponize blood into plasma attacks. Plasma isn't the energy source, but the result of having blood undergo the same conversion in the internal workings of a body modeled to regenerate faster than its loss of mass, by using blood as a means to recharge loss energy in the cells deterioration.
    I'm not saying plasma is the source. I'm saying how can we theoretically charged plasma energy from the body, and release it outside as an energy attack, which may vary from projectiles to outright explosions.
    I rather not implement machinery into the project. Bio-engineering is what I'm in for.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  16. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    ( '-') I could "Reddit" for you.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  17. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, send me the link if you're done. Just don't link or share the existence of NUF to Reddit. We don't want prying eyes, do we? I like to keep the anonymity of our forum from other types of forums. This place is safer and friendlier compared to other forums.

18. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link

So a device or organ that could convert body mass or blood into plasma as needed?, Yes it's a good idea, but mostly we would have to inhibit the internal pain receptors ( imagine convulsing every time you have to use plasma, that would be a curse.). And we'd probably need a whale worth of calories everyday just to sustain the consumption.

19. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Have the brain selectively turn them off. Its possible since our model is not exactly human in a sense. The body without external factors is capable of self programming certain functions into habits within certain actions through muscle memory. We can simply program or train the experiment subject to adapt to the pain or make it automatically temporarily or permanently removed pain. Likely it could be a side effect of heavy body modification, but no matter. We are making bio-weapons.
    Consumption via cannibalism or devouring anything alive to supplement the lack of tissue and blood. We are bio-engineering humanoid weapons.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  20. Fp401

Fp401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So something like mirai from kyoukai no kanata but instead of blood it gets superheated and is released as plasma?

Nightow1 and SquadCammander354 like this.