Spoiler I’ll Divorce My Tyrant Husband 폭군 남편과 이혼하겠습니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by nightbutterfly, Mar 24, 2021.

1. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn’t die by her own choice tho ? She was burnt at stake. If he can’t even protect one person who he deems is weak and naive, can he really be a good emperor?? Well clearly not cos his world got destroyed. But I think they’re mostly mad because Robelia didn’t have to die the way she did

2. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She has died alone in her palace because of some illness. She wanted to catch the Emperor’s attention and was behaving frugally like the Saint. This is why her palace wasn’t properly heated and taken care of and it is something she has done herself, it wasn’t someone else’s scheme or anything. Moreover she was never abused by the Emperor, she had all of the power in her hands to live like an Empress, but because he didn’t return her feelings she just made the wrong choice which has led to her death alone.

3. TyShaye

TyShaye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't come here trying to act all high and mighty like you're better than anyone else when we're all reading bad webnovels and your English is this garbled. Being called a "kiddoe" made me physically recoil lol

4. The big fat webtoon fan

The big fat webtoon fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww how cute trying to undermine people just because they didn't about their grammar. What are you? An English teacher. And I don't think I am above anyone, quite the opposite actually u all are the one who are brainless

Darling I think you are reading a different story, she wasn't burnt at stake, she died of an illness after he abandoned her

sheisthedemon93, Fabicd and Ice_Rose like this.
  5. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so she asked for a divorce for the first time, he didn't want to give it to her, why? was it because she was just so good at her job or was it a pride thing?
    so there was a bit of confusion about her coming back after leaving, and it was because someone was gonna be killed? and they ended up having a child later
    so i'm a bit confused about where this love started to bloom because i was under the impression that she only came back to save someone's life and if that wasn't the case, she would have not come back so there is a gap between coming back and the pregnancy that made her be completely alright with staying
    (bit of a confusing question, i know)

nicomcla1995 likes this.
  6. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it has more to with his power base. He apparently killed his family to get to the throne after fighting a war. He hasn't been on the throne for more then a few years. His "Uncertain Goal" seems to be stabilize his power base. It's a big NO NO to divorce in that type of situation. Also we don't know what type of deal her family put forth for her to marry him.

From what I've gathered he ignored the OG Empress because she was a doormat puppet. She offered nothing but her skills in running the "inner palace". She was not an asset when trying to stabilize his base other then the fact that he didn't have to worry about his household not being paid or the food not being delivered so he ignored her and left her to it. Really common in political marriages. It's more uncommon to have a one-sided love in political marriages, that is fanciful story telling, lol. Really I feel for the OG Empress but even our FL said she wasn't fit for being an Empress which was true. If she had a backbone the OG wouldn't have died from a cold in a decrepit palace. She would have fired the servants not properly doing their jobs and asserted her power properly like the FL is doing. I DO put some blame on the ML as he was responsible to make sure she was properly caring for her duties and those ARE part of her duties... but I'm not on the hate train. I'm huge into history so the fact that we're getting a somewhat realistically based monarch is more fun to read for me. There's no sugar coating it. The guy is an Emperor and he's seeking to do THAT job well... As a husband he's in the dog house.

7. mozzybites

mozzybites Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think people are misunderstanding something. The ML didn’t kill her.
    I mean technically she didn’t have to stay in the palace, I believe she chose to (? I think, idk someone clarify). Why does he have to pay for someone he divorced? Im not saying he’s a good person or anything but why are we trying to justify anything when she had every right, reason and ability to get up and leave?? It just doesn’t make any sense to me. No one’s really explained why she chose to stay in that rotting castle and whether it was a choice or by force, so all I can really assume is that she chose to stay there and died because of it. But again I’m not sure since I haven’t seen anyone elaborate on the circumstances other than the fact she died.

(Pls let me know if she was forced to remain in the palace or chose to if it was ever explained. Or did she become a concubine after the divorce?? I’m so lost.)

One thing though, the ML in the original timeline isn’t the brightest is he. I get he didn’t want to be with her because he didn’t feel compatible or whatever, but he inherently chose someone so much worse, someone who has even less capabilities to be an empress. I get he was probably just using her for his plans, but he levied a decent empress for a shit that literally didn’t work or anything the entire time prior to making her empress. It’s just wild to me he chose to downgrade even further.

secondly, based off the reviews, the MC runs away?? And people die because of it? Is that true? If it is, I hope. PRAY that the author changes that in the manhwa.

I’m not sure if I’ll be reading this any longer though because the translations of the manhwa I’m reading are absolute dog sh**.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  8. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    makes sense

9. Deleted member 275719

Deleted member 275719 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me about Aisha's ending? Maybe the main couple too. Thank you.

10. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has already been explained earlier in the thread and in the currently available manhwa chapters.

1. ML wasn’t in love with the Saint in the first TL. He wanted to use her against the church, but she has fed him a love potion and this is how his attitude changed.
    2. Og-MC’s-body-owner was copying the Saint’s style and behaviour when she has realized her feelings for ML. He didn’t budge, so she shortened her palace budget to the minimum to look frugal and modest, this is when she became ill because her place was very cold and has eventually died alone. It was her responsibility to handle the palace, so it wasn’t anyone’s scheme to have her die like that.

11. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is she didn't choose to be in a rotting castle. OG Robelia made the castle rot by her own power. It wasn't rotted before, she cut her own budget, she let her place become underattended. She chose to turn the place she lived into an unhealthy place because she thought her frugality would impress the Emperor. She could have had an enjoyable healthy life if she choose to.
    The only thing the Emperor denied her was a place in his heart, everything else she did of her own accord.

And I don't think she was a good Empress at all. She was certainly a good administrator, but her ability was more related to doing a job within the budget than making good judgments. She was good at working to someone else, but she was not good at being the person who makes the call. The position of Empress needs someone more discerning.

Mikleo, salty25, Fabicd and 4 others like this.
  12. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just my guess but maybe his goal is to uproot the church. Since the church is the national belief, I think it's harder to uproot it. I am suspicious that the church is corrupt. (Since that's the trend in those novels)

Edit: Just read the Manga 1dt chapter. I think his goal is to destroy or take over the holy country. (judging by how they used saint and transmigration to make her the Concubine of an emperor, it likely that the holy country uses God's name to hide their corruption and evil) Maybe he wants to destroy that country by manipulating his Concubine (don't remember her name)

That's the only idea I have about his goals.

Feels like a side villain who will be squashed and has his ego trampled on.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  13. Reflinalina

Reflinalina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.. at least just read to the end. (If i want compare, Alexander better than ML from Abandoned empress :facepalm:)

I'm so sorry, i think it's different story my friend. Alexander didn't kill robelia. he just ignored or neglected robelia. and robelia die, with some illness because she's not take care her body even her own palace. because want follow aisha 'frugality' life.

The high priest died at Alexander's sword after Robelia shattered the High Priest's core. (High Priest is Alien)
    Aisha with her hand cut off by Alexander twice and given a sentence of hard labor at the border in the slums for life. (That sentence was given by Robelia, because it should have been a death sentence.)

14. Green_pattern

Green_pattern Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came here because i can't accept the emperor being the ML but turn out he is :blobsob:

sheisthedemon93 and bigredqueen like this.
  15. mozzybites

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for explaining. I really was confused about the circumstances around the og-wife staying in the palace and all, but this clears a lot of my questions up.

your comment about her qualities as an empress are good, I agree. I just couldn’t find the correct way to word what I wanted to convey.

16. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, another one bites the dust… I was excited seeing how she was treating him at the beginning only to come and see the spoilers stating that their child is old enough to buy soy sauce at the end!

Bloody hell! Can someone recommend me a novel that doesn’t make the MC end up with a SOB?

The job of an imperial concubine. (Similar story in the sense that the host was not favored; however the setting is much more ancient and patriarchal than this novel. I loved that the MC played her games, suffered losses, and ultimately came out on top without ever, ever falling for that bastard ML.

The beloved imperial consort. (Again more ancient and patriarchal setting; MC was already set to enter the concubine selections, ML in this case only ever neglected the host, like a prince would normally do if you can’t protect yourself or your children (especially coming from a lower background than the rest of the women in the backyard). More so, seeing that the host was just a concubine.

The legend of the concubine daughter Minglan. Kind of a different genre; however, it has the points I am talking about such as, pretty fuc**** independent MC, knowing her worth, playing the backyard games as best, as someone in her position could, and hell if that ML of hers had character development. He is honestly one of the best characters I have read about in a novel.
    I felt like he was my son, reading about how he grew from being an arrogant, useless, and naive playboy, to a responsible, reliable, scheming, protective, loving, supportive, albeit still arrogant man was inspiring.
    How he (forced) schemed the MC’s family into a corner just to marry her! Chefs kiss *muah*

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024 at 8:06 PM
    lylac likes this.
  17. mozzybites

Reading List:
    Link
    1: I know he wasn’t in love with the saint, and I knew he was using her for his plans which is what I stated?? But that does sorta clear up the attitude change, but I honestly still think that his behaviour prior to the live potion and afterwards are so similar it’s just funny that there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference with the way he acts.

2: thank you for explaining the circumstances as to why she stayed in the palace. It’s cleared up most of my questions:blobokhand:

sheisthedemon93 and Queenofmirth like this.
  18. asagisora

asagisora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They have some kind of events like ridibook where you could win points after reading a couple of chapters from selected novels (on naver it ‘s called cookie) just find it on their novel page. Sometimes you’ll get 2-5 cookies per period (usually per 7 days) but in a bigger event you’ll get up to 10 cookies. Rental per chapter costs 1 cookie, while buying chapters costs 3 cookies

https://imgur.com/a/B0cgSdh
    [​IMG]

19. JustATalkingOwl

JustATalkingOwl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG THANK YOU FOR VOICING THIS. I, too, am sick of that kinda bull. Disgusting this, disgusting that, what I hate the most (without considering the context).

Deaf Bunny, Fabicd, Hixki and 4 others like this.
  20. hilise_

hilise_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aliennnn???? HAHAHHAAHHAHAAH