Spoiler I’ll Live My Second Life!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by iampsyx, Jul 27, 2016.

1. IIboxmanII

IIboxmanII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok I have to know does the king ever pay for being an abusive jerk to fl like I need him to suffer.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    AnimeHuntress and bananaanna like this.
  2. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First 2 volumes are available on amazon!

3. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the king still oblivious even in the third novel? Maybe he won’t find out even until death? Tbh he would already know if he listened to the opinions of people who have actually met her ++ if one of his shadows didn’t have ulterior motives. I want to see her punished with exile or something. I don’t think it’s wrong for the king to be angry at Queen Fii, but I think it’s wrong that he won’t even bother to meet her. His prejudice based on being married half against his will is so deep, but he doesn’t even bother to find out that she was also married against her will. Bah. He deserves to spend 100 chapters chasing her for forgiveness.

I want to see his reaction to finding out Fii is already queen, but what if Fii finds out he is the king first?

4. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    00.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  5. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any new spoiler about the sister? She's utterly useless and just enjoying her life being pampered without any worry. If she really loves her sister, she should realize how the king treated Fii based on by his reaction to Fii everytime Fiiru bring up about Fii.

6. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Fiiru is a very timid person who used up all of her courage to find a way out of the hellhole for herself and her sister. Her inability to realize the drastic difference in their treatment is definitely her incompetence to carry out the rescue until the very end. However, an issue with her personality does not diminish her affection for her sister. The lack of confidence to speak up and clear the misunderstanding is not entirely Fiiru’s fault considering her circumstances. The ability to speak the good sides of her sister is based on the attitude of their nominal husband. Fiiru isn’t in a position to ask anything more of him as someone who only acted on the favor of a friend. There is no foundation of a relationship between them to actually discuss anything, despite the fact he could ask about his other wife at any time instead of insisting on his prejudice. This is a silly white sweet story on the surface, but you cannot forget that these are two traumatized girls practically living on the charity of a powerful man that don’t really know anything about. Her inaction shows an unwillingness to take risks that might break the current peace. I think she has noticed at least the King’s reluctance to talk about her sister. Think about it. What if the king decides to throw the trouble out if she brings up her sister too much? Not even the King realizes that the sister is practically being imprisoned without food, let alone Fiiru.

I also see the importance of action in displaying true feelings, so I don’t really like Fiiru either despite speaking in her defense. The misunderstanding as a whole is pretty silly, but who I dislike the most is definitely their original family rather than the King or Fiiru.

7. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I just feel like Fiiru didn't want to try enough since she's scared that the King will take her comfortable life away if she's raise too much trouble, and it make me more angry because above anything I hate that Fii is starved by those people, sobs. I have sister and brothers, and usually I got this feeling if I am talking with someone that didn't really like my sibling. That's why it's kinda hard to believe for me that Fiiru didn't get any feeling that her sister didn't get any flowery treatment like her.

8. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Which character type is actually worse:
    The scheming crazy jealous white lotus or the ignorant pampered privileged clueless sister?

Examples of the annoying so innocent sister with almost no evil intention:

• The Heavily Armoured Noble Girl Monette: How To Break a Curse You Don’t Remember Casting
    • I Swear I Won't Bother You Again!
    • My Fiancé is in Love with My Little Sister
    • The Evil Lady Will Change
    • Betrothed To My Sister's Ex
    • Limited Extra Time
    • The Real Daughter Has Returned
    • My Twin Sister Was Taken As a Miko And I Was Thrown Away But I'm Probably The Miko.
    • Kidnapped by a Crazy Duke/The Psycho Duke and I

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    lazynoodles and chamchaworld like this.
  9. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    You could make a thread with a poll. I’m not actually certain which I’d vote for. Sometimes the author is skilled enough to pull off such a character.

(I recently read a BL where the latter turned out to be an extreme version of the former. Now THAT was an intense plot twist.)

10. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    The last one the sister is actually the b*tch. I swear I wont bother you again more suited for this trope, I think. Here we got an innocent and pure but stupidly naive little sister. Personally I hate the ignorant sister trope more. While the white lotus one at least didn't justify their action, just "I hate MC so yessss murder" but the innocent sister trope always goes "I love my sister dearly but I have no idea she's abused even tho there are really so many signs that even some stranger can see it" and then in the end the author will write "in the end, she loves her sister anyway" and forgive their ignorance just like that. I HATE THAT TROPE.

11. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll think about it!
    Are you perhaps talking about Deliverance of the Counterattack/Counterattack Through Pregnancy?
    That story was so toxic, trashy and nuts.

I personally can't really decide which of the two annoying sister type I actually dislike more. :LOL:
    The Maryjune and Mielle Roscente type are both parasites that need to be exterminated. :mad:

Here is a list of many evil white lotus sisters:
    https://www.mangago.me/tag/evil+sister/?page=1

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    chamchaworld likes this.
  12. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn’t but maybe I should have been :blob-blank-reading:

No it was After the Vicious Cannon Fodder Was Reborn.
    The main story is not actually the first life. The ’protagonist shou’ has a reason for being massively stupid. They have been continuously consuming a part of themselves to maintain a time loop and the existence of the so-called protagonist halo using black magic cast in the first life. The character is both nowhere as simple as they let on, but also barely human since it no longer has enough left of itself to use rational thinking.

I like the convo, it’s just we shouldn’t discuss it too long here since it’s not really about ‘second life’. @ me when you do ;)

13. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil how the story ends? Does MC parents realize how terrible they were, does the terrible husband get his karma?

Also way is Fiiru so beautiful? Do we get a clear explanation on that?

AnimeHuntress likes this.
  14. Wen Rou

Wen Rou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I just finished reading the last volume of the LN (volume 3). Suffice to say, it was just really kind of disappointing.

She apparently fell in love with a prince from a lesser known kingdom during his stay in her country. This was before she "married" Yore. But get this, she's not really married to Roy at all.
    It was only a cover for her lover (who's Yore's friend) so that she could safely leave her parents' sphere of influence in her country. And also because some crazy jealous woman wants to kill Fiiru cuz she's lovers with Yore's friend.

She gets her identity revealed by some chancellor (he seems to know her from somewhere but I don't think it ever gets touched upon in the novel so it's like some kinda plot hole not unless I missed it during my read through) who's Yore's uncle. Things quickly get derailed and she's brought in front of Yore where she explains her circumstances. Yore gets ashamed for having neglected her so long and for believing all the rumours concerning her since he didn't even recognize that she was Princess Fii this while time lol.

Anyway, there's some kinda war brewing or something of the like (which is also somewhat connected to Yore's friend who's currently recuperating if I remember correctly) and he needs to deal with it asap. The squires are left out of this since they're newbies but they help around.

Fii gets separated from Queen and her squire friends, becomes lonely, eventually decides to visit Queen (while Yore the king is away dealing with the war) so she can ask him if he wants to marry her. He says yes.

This cements her decision to ask a dicorce from Yore so that she can marry Queen.

War ends with Yore's side winning, the chancellor asks him on their way back to think about his feelings for Fii which he realizes that he does like her.

Seeing that they're married, he excitedly is about to tell her about his feelings but Fii suddenly tells him upon his arrival that she wants a divorce.

This saddens him but he pushes his feelings aside to grant her request. Fii and Queen get married, have a baby a few years later. Fii with her baby daughter decides to visit her old squire friends bc it's Queen's graduation. Everyone's delighted but still occasionally calling her ex-queen cuz she had been married to Yore at some point and did some queenly duties while he was at war.

Fii gets asked if she regrets having her identity revealed because she could have joined the squires for their graduation, to which she replies yes but she had long decided to just deal with it.

It ends with her playfully joining the newly graduated knights after leaving her baby to someone.

The end.

This ending just made me mad. Vol 1 and 2 were great but 3 just made me annoyed and disappointed.

Fii does not become a knight despite her dream to become one. She just becomes some kinda housewife instead (there's no mention of what her job is). And she's disappointed by the fact.

Yore does get some character development in how to deal with women considering how he treated Fii but he just gets the "oh he'll probably find someone else but he really had some strong feelings for the MC (first love) vibes".

Queen and Fii's developing relationship was honestly lacking but I suppose more substantial than Yore and Fii's leader-subordinate relationship. But it really just felt the author tried to make the two end up together when they could have remained friends or something.

And Fii not realizing her dream just felt like a slap to the face considering the title was I'll Live My Second Life.

15. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that sucks. I think the webnovel is still going on though

Nom de Plume and AnimeHuntress like this.