Spoiler I’m Done with My Husband, I’ll Go and Make Money.

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lazy hypocrite, Jul 3, 2019.

1. YellowROSE

YellowROSE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does ML react to FL’s powers ?

Marchel.Way and Emma626 like this.
  2. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. Does anyone have a pdf with the raws?

H20 likes this.
  3. ditka623

ditka623 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! Finally! I was waiting for this adaptation since the promo and I was so disappointed because of the delay last year. The art is a little bit different than what I expected but I still like it, especially the use of the comic chibi style.:blobxd:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Big thank you to everyone who has shared some spoilers! I can't wait to see Aristine handling all those jerks or how Tarkan will try to seduce her! :blobpopcorn_cool:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  4. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I am getting tired seeing EVIL QUEENS always blaming/targeting the bastard-half-step-adopted-fake sons/daughters; basically the ML and FL. It is always her ambition and toxic, unbearable love towards her legitimate children that makes her easy to demonize her. She is always pitted against the younger more popular desirable Girlboss 'Princess' or innocent pure 'Saint' who will replace her for good.
    Are there actually any story where the queen/empress is scheming against the asshole king/emperor & humiliating/killing him ruthlessly?
    The only closest thing I can think of is: The Evil Empress Adores Me!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  5. IIVISS

IIVISS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much:)

6. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    When I discovered and started to read the story about Aristine, I was really intrigued about this character and premise.
    FL despised by the whole family & empire for being useless and 'ugly', hides her trump card/useful power to strike back, managed to stay sane + bitchy confident + self-aware while being isolated imprisoned and drives to build her own independant fortune/power to live a comfortable life... At the beginning I really identified with the concept of freeing yourself from your toxic bad enviroment and feeling no love loyalty for anyone who abused/mistreated you.
    But after reading the translated chapters + spoilers I realized that I don't find the whole story writing that great or nuanced.

Our MC Arstine has been always that special pure enough girl who is not aware of her ideal fair attractiveness, entitled of being super rich, easily loved/desired by powerful strong overprotective manchildren and deserving royal respect.
    It is basically about an effortless Girboss getting her rightful privilege back and being worshipped by anyone as a goddess. She has it all.
    She is literally chosen by god/heaven, her monarch sight often saves her, her royal brother is such a devoted siscon, the ML Tarkan can't help but love her because she is so different special + she saved him the past, the talented blacksmith becomes her loyal puppy, the son of the empress becomes so obsessed with her and the emperor is very very fond of her Cool Girl vibe. Everyone (who has a dick) is easily impressed by her. How can I as a reader with critical thinking still relate to her?

Many female characters like FL's Half-Sister, Rosayln & her goons, Diona, Yenica and The Empress are deemed very unworthy and are reduced to so jealous stupid incompetent backstabbing bitches who can only feel threatened by and envious of Princess Arstine.
    Blame the prettiest woman but never the asshole men.

Kinda funny that none of them despite being schemer themselves figured out that the FL had no interest in any royal men or that the men they want just don't like/love/respect them. The lack of maturity, self-reflection, rationality, intelligence or self-respect is really incredible in melodramatic fantasy, romance & isekai stories.

Why is the FL the only one who is smart enough to have basic agency, a complex inner life and attempt to create sth on her own?
    Because SHE IS NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS.The other women are just not allowed to break out from their stereotype roles.

I will always like some guilty pleasure aspects of this story but it won't age well for me.

7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If readers wanted a story about unremarkable female living unremarkable life and having unremarkable men showing interest in her, they would have turned to a different genre, e.g. slice of life. Though even there main leads tend to have something remarkable about them that makes others attracted to them. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a story.
    In general it is strange to expect that popular fiction would have very deep characters and deeply analyze any important topics. They are created for readers to feel a variety of emotions quickly and go back to their lives (and for aspiring writers to earn money for living).
    If these novels are too simple and repetitive for you there’s a whole lot of serious literature. It is unreasonable to analyze Twilight from the same perspective as Pride and Prejudice, because the context is different.

8. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    In other words this convenient simple dramatic premise about larger than life glamourous royals is just easy to sell to and marketing the readers.
    But I still believe we all deserve better because we all get older and change.
    It is more sustainable and fun to read a story that aged well or challenges us instead to consume or throw it away like fast food.
    I can be blamed for expecting too much but when I read the summary/promo that made me interested I as a reader can't possibly know which direction the writing goes or which annoying tropes are getting reused again.

sovokop, hyakkiiiii and Emma626 like this.
  9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally don't see anything glamorous in this story, where MC has been detained in a dungeon for all her childhood and learned common knowledge from her visions instead of her parents or teachers, only to be put in a life-threatening situation in another country because of politics and a forced marriage to someone she has never seen.
    • Yes, MC is staying in a royal palace, but is she leading a glamorous life there like a privileged rich person? No, she is not. Moreover she's working hard to avoid her own and her husband's death and to earn money to finally gain freedom and live her life the way she wants.
    • Has her power made her life easy? Also no, she was abused by her father specifically because of this power and most of the time she has used it for her survival.
    • Did she have everything from the start to say that there was no character growth? Also no, she had to go through a lot to get her position and earn respect of other people.
    • Was she "special" from the start? Kinda, but not in the way that makes the whole story pointless with OP main character and no conflict. Moreover it is a common sense that a main character has to have something special about them for readers to be interested, be it their worldview, backstory or special power.
    Seeing very similar comments from you in other threads it looks like your main goal is not to share or discuss spoilers, but to belittle users who enjoy these stories.
    Otherwise the solution would have been very simple: if these types of stories annoy or frustrate you because you think you deserve to have deeper characters and non-glamorous setting, then write a petition on change.org don't read them, you are simply not the target audience. Ropan novels written within a few months by mostly novice writers in their late teens and early 20s can't compare to the novels from the Bucker Prize short list, so it's better to go look for the stories that will make you happy.

10. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is I ve already read them and wanted to share my personal opinions about it.
    You can assume that I will be more and more selective.
    Shouldn't be surprise that I will meet (hardcore) fans defending their favourite stories.
    I am sorry that my arguments bother you too much. I guess I unintentionally hit a nerve.

I won't start a fight with you or try to convince you why I beg to differ. You made it clear that you won't try to understand or communicate with me friendly. I have to accept that.

Can only respectfully agree to disagree.

sovokop likes this.
  11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But are your opinions valid and well formed, or just the garbage of someone who did not properly read and is just looking for things to support their own (often unreasonable) biases?
    you do not need to be a hard core fan, if the series you like is being unreasonable attacked.
    Then read novels meant for older audiences, not novels meant for tweens/teens/etc. If your tastes change it is on you to shift what you are reading, not the authors to pander to 1 individual as opposed to the masses (in a different nation and culture) that are their intended audience.

sslsdm, babayagu and its0k like this.
  12. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    I can admit my mistakes and respect some of your counter arguments.
    You just recently pointed out my mistake where I forgot to write a title I wanted to recommend to someone. That I appreciate.
    I can argue with you that you misunderstood me or that you just wanted to win against me.
    But your comment towards me just confirmed that is really hard to communicate/understand with users in the forum threads. It doesn't matter how well thought and well intentioned I write here my comments, I can't control how others will perceive/receive my message.
    There is no point of getting insulted/offended by you or anyone here. None of us is really real here!
    You can only learn, don't take things here too seriously & navigate.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    sovokop likes this.
  13. Bonzai

Bonzai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    would you remember what chapter is this?

14. ReaderEli

ReaderEli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone spoil about the fl and ml past? how and why fl is ml's first love? i only read bits of it, with involvement of some kind of magic but i want to know the elaborated story. thanks!!

15. Tychona

Tychona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a long time since I read the novel, so I may have forgotten some things, so if anyone has anything to add or correct, please feel free to do so! :blobReach:What I remember is that FL and ML first met when they were little kids. FL had already been imprisoned by the Emperor and always saw the future, present and past in rain puddles. One day she saw a little boy (ML) fighting a beast king alone, and the moment it looked like the little boy might get seriously hurt, she wanted to help him and reached out her hand. FL got sucked into the rain puddle and landed on top of the ML. FL helped ML by telling him where the monster would attack next and with FL's help he was able to defeat the monster. When FL landed on top of the ML, she had a different hair and eye color, her hair turned blonde and her eyes turned green, making her look like her half-sister. ML and FL stayed together for some days in that hellish place and got to know each other better, but FL never really told him who she was. They became closer and ML fell in love with her, but the moment ML was rescued, FL suddenly disappeared. FL had returned and since that day ML has been looking for her everywhere. The reason FL could be sucked into the place where the ML was is because ML is the other counterpart to her. ML and FL are the reincarnations of the first emperor with God's power and the faithful knight of that first emperor. I can't remember the story 100% but if I remember correctly then in the past the knight was always there to protect the emperor but one day the emperor had to send his knight to fight the beasts that were out of control, knowing that he will be in danger if he sends the knight away. To keep the knight from dying, the emperor gave some of his power to his knight, but in the absence of his knight, the emperor died (or was killed?) and the knight, now alone, created a new country (ML's country). A hundred years passed and the Emperor and Knight were reborn in the form of FL and ML. Since some of FL's power resides in ML, she can only use her full power when he is by her side, and with FL and ML finding each other, the Emperor and Knight are also finally back together after hundreds of years being apart.

16. babayagu

babayagu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

There is no "deserve" when talking about creative works that you read more or less for free, and even then, if you didn't pay close attention to the genres and tropes, it's on you for not tailoring your experience to your taste. There is a reason 'grandma stories' or soap operas or airport reads are still as massive, why AO3 will NEVER die.

Some people like brain-rot stories, and equating that with age or maturity is an insult, especially when most of the people who consume and enjoy those type of stories are women. Context is important, genre awareness is even more so. When a story is presented as checking multiple boxes, and, romance is the first one, and even more importantly, presents popular tropes that are already familiar to the large public, expecting the new Pulitzer winning work is ridiculous, to say the least. Some people like to live vicariously through such stories and feel special, while acknowledging that some attitudes are contrary to feminism and wouldn't work in real life. And that is fine.

kaedeyuuki, Xlaude, cakepie6 and 8 others like this.