Spoiler I’m Done with My Husband, I’ll Go and Make Money.

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lazy hypocrite, Jul 3, 2019.

1. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EVERYONE has its own MY GUILTY PLEASURE MY TRASH. And that should be ok.
    But there are avid readers who can't just keep living on/off convenient easy to sell fast food stories that are oversaturating.
    I believe we need also more diverse +progressive/nuanced + thought-provoking works to be published/promoted as a balance.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    Viqt, sovokop and AnniePoo like this.
  2. ReaderEli

ReaderEli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg. this is what i want. thank you very much!!
    they really are match made in heaven.

but can i ask why the fl's hair and eyes color suddenly changed at that time? thank you!!

Am_elf, Xi-hime, nowaynoway and 8 others like this.
  3. Tychona

Tychona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome :blobsmilehappy: If I remember correctly, it was because of her power that she could only fully activate with the ML by her side. So when she's at her full powers, her godly appearance is having blonde hair and green eyes, which made it a lot harder for ML to find FL. And because he thought that the Emperor would never send his daughter to the beast plains, he never checked if FL is the Emperor's child. But after meeting FL again he saw his first love in FL but because of their different looks he always thought he was wrong.

Am_elf, Viqt, im_trash42 and 9 others like this.
  4. ReaderEli

ReaderEli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you very much!! ::bloblove::::bloblove::::bloblove::
    I'm really glad ml didn't even considered the trashy sister of fl as his first love due to same appearance.

Viqt, leyeh2 girl and Tychona like this.
  5. Tychona

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, thank godness there was no such drama in the novel, but there was a funny scene when the ML meets FL's half-sister for the first time. :D FL's trash sister tried to seduce the ML after seeing his memory of FL as a child and knowing that FL looked just like her back then, she tried to use that memory to confuse ML but that didn't work and ML even called the trash sister ugly and continued to compare FL and the trash sister by belittling the trash sister more and more :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  6. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to be so agressive,they/them didn't know.
    You should also delete your last post here too since it contains the site in the reply.
    Its ok,thankyou for your understanding!❤

ditka623 likes this.
  7. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But they did ?? The 4th princess did. Her reasons were explained as well as her intelligence was brought into light. Yerenica as well, at te end she’s shown to be someone who doesn’t like FL but is conscious enough to know she’s not to blame. I mean I think they did it really well. ATLEAST it’s a lot better to many out there so don’t show second chances of redemptions for anyone

Viqt and Heungbo like this.
  8. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    According to user tychona's spoilers
    Yerenika the dumb but not hopeless first princess & Paelamin the smart second princess are depicted as inferior than the FL Arstine since the narrative pit these two sisters against her.
    From my perspective Yerenika is easily put into her place by FL because she is a spoilt child who can only relies on her advantage of being cute and her one trump card (Knowing her father's illness) and Paelamin despite being threatened/oppressed by the Queen due to her being so intelligent couldn't free herself or scheme against her 'stepmother'. She could only be saved by the more cunning smarter FL.
    Both Yerenica and Paelamin are constantly compared to the more seemingly effortless talented beautiful (Girlboss) superior FL by everyone.

I have to say the Emperor is such a bad incompetent father who can't bring real order and safety for his children or consorts in his own family/royal home...
    He as a ruler has no idea what's going on around him.
    Don't care that he is 'ill' for the plot's convenience!
    He still is fit enough to rule and make decisions...!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    Am_elf, nicomcla1995 and syofiaa like this.
  9. Tychona

Reading List:
    Link
    About the characters, I wrote it from memory and it's been a long time since I read the novel so I may be wrong about some things but what I remember is that even FL would have real problems with the Queen if she didn't have her power to see the future, past and present and if she didn't have the right people by her side. So it's not just about intelligence, it's also about what power you have and what people you have around you (and the Queen, unlike other characters, has a lot of influence). Paelamin is smart, but she was just a small child when the Queen saw her as a threat, and that she is able to realize that at a young age, even before the Queen did anything to her and her mother, is remarkable. There wasn't really much we could read from Paelamin POV but I believe if Paelamin had the power of FL then she could be as strong as FL.

As for Yerenika, I think Yerenika is more of a comparison to FL's trash sister because FL always compared her to her sister and the reason she hates FL is also the same stupid reason the trash sister of FL hates FL but Yerenika shows the difference how one can change even if one is naive and delusional at first. Unlike FL's trash sister, Yerenika took her time to think about what happened and why it happened and what would be the right thing to do, and Yerenika was also able to put the feelings of those she loves over her own wishes (I'm referring to Hamel feelings) as opposed to FL's trash sister who puts all the blame on FL and her brother. Some might disagree, but I think Yerenika is special in that regard because she decided to not hate those who don't deserve her hate, and this is also a remarkable trait considering how many loved ones Yerenika lost at the end and how naive she was at the beginning. I think what seems special or not always depends on the readers perspective. But it's true that by the end many characters are all really obsessed with FL and the other women aren't loved that much, but the author did a good job showing how they came to like FL so much, by giving us a glimpse of their thoughts (but I still find it hard to understand Hamel's love for FL but that is due to my understanding of love).

About the king, I remember he thought that someone who is a royalty has to go through all these trials alone in order to mature and be prepared for their future as he can't be there all the time to protect them and he can't really be compared to other fathers under normal circumstances because after all he's not only a father but also a king. And he's not a tyrant so he can't just rule over the heads of other nobles. Given the circumstances, he cannot be considered a bad king and if he had the power of FL he would be as successful as FL. But one can argue whether he is a good father. As for his illness, I don't remember exactly what kind of illness he had, but the king must be careful when he shows weakness, because if he shows weakness, it will cause a big uproar and nobles will be quick to act.

By the way, don't get me wrong, FL isn't just special because of her power, she's really smart and has a strong mentality, but her power does give her many advantages over other supporting characters who are just as smart or almost as smart as she is and in the end it also always depends on oneself and the people around you and a bit of luck, so even if someone else had FL's power the ending could always be different but that doesn't make them any less special. I would recommend reading the novel as ones opinion always depends on the reader's perspective and my spoilers also contain my take on the characters. And don't forget, like almost all novels, this novel also has only one main character whose adventures are always shown, if the author has chosen to write from the perspective of many main characters and show us all their adventures, then we as readers would probably easily recognize that many characters are also special in their own way. But we don't really see the daily work of the king or what Paelamin had to do to survive or how Yerenika tried to process everything and how she changed over time, we only sometimes get a glimpse of their inner thoughts. In my opinion, someone doesn't have to be ridiculously strong or smart and successful to be special, even small things can be special depending on the circumstances one lives in or grew up to and if or how much character development one has.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    Xlaude, Am_elf, faycool and 4 others like this.
  10. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EDUCATING ME AND CLARIFYING YOUR FACTS :) IN A VERY AMICABLE CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER (y)
    I did learn a lot from your reasonable persepective.

And yes, this story is only centered around the ideal larger than life fantasy power couple given special amost godlike looks, power and popularity. That's the point of this writing.

If only Paelamin had somehow access to very useful knowledges just like or similar to Arstine...

Good Thinking about the parallels + Mirroring between FL's White Lotus Half-Sister & Yerenika!
    There is a better more competent version to Yerenika: Sasha The Pet of The Villainess.

Now appreciate more the anti-narrative, mature thought provoking writing and strong fleshed out ensemble cast in Netflix CASTLEVANIA S1-S4 and TERRY PRATCHETT'S DISCWORLD Book Series.
    Because in this show nobody is truly helpless or invulnerable overlypowerful. Many characters have agency, clear character flaws, internal struggle and relatable issues + motivations.
    I mentioned these examples because these works really surprised me with their nuances and creativity.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    Tychona likes this.
  11. Tychona

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome (y) but I would still recommend reading the novel because even though it's just one main character in the novel it's still a fun novel and the FL isn't annoying and self-centered and the author gives credit to other supporting characters who try to change for the better, unlike other novels where side characters are only there to suffer for the happy ending of the main characters. And FL is a unique character due to her never having any social experiences, which makes it all the more interesting. But sorry, I can't really say much about the other works you mentioned, because I haven't watched/read them. :blobsweat_2:

12. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I ve been reading the translated chapter of the original novel since the first chapter was ever published by fan translators :giggle:
    I am actually fond of Arstine since she gave her fuck you middle finger to her old toxic homeland and to be able to humiliate anyone during a talk .
    But I grew tired of all the tropes that I find personally annoying and started to notice:
    Fake Husband Falls In Love With His Fake Wife, ML says he has no feelings for her but becomes more of a jealous manchild, every relevant male character with a dick gets mesmerized by FL, several women are jealous dumb backstabbing bitches (Enough with White Lotus and Green Tea Bitches Please!), major female characters basically competing for the affection of a powerful hot man (ML & The Emperor), she gets instantly popular with every citizens of Irugo Kingdom, she isn't aware of how attractive beautiful she is to the male characters in her new home of 'Barbarians' (due to her social awareness) etc...
    I guess no FL is actually allowed to be really really single, non-pregnant, plain and independent.

Viqt likes this.
  13. CrimsonHazel

CrimsonHazel [Sarcastic Green Tea]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're looking for a single, non pregnant, plain, and independent FL, I think you should consider excluding the Romance tag from your search

14. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Problem is, even without the 'Romance Tag' You can never know which annoying toxic tropes will appear in Fantasy Stories with interesting concept about female characters. It's like a lottery.

Animelover3 likes this.
  15. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before you start writing essay, you should know it's called light novels for legit reason so don't expect too much, just like makjang K- drama targeted the housewife (hence why the over the top dramatic plot), Rofan targeted the teenage girl and young adult woman. In site like Naver, everyone is free to post their writing, it's called free serialization, these author mostly wrote in their spare time, some were student, some were office worker, they could posted everyday or stopped writing in the middle altogether, if they are lucky, based on the views and rating their work could be promoted to paid serialization, only then they would work with the editor, remake and improve some part that's why some novels have two version, or they could get an offer from other site and move there. Naver and Kakao also held a contest continously and based on the popularity their work could get selected to be published, the reader played a major part, the more popular, the longer it would become. Do you know just how many novel get published everyday in Naver alone with lot of different genre, some author could get 2 out of 4 their works published or none at all, just think about it like wattpad.

16. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    To compare light novels with wattpad... WHAT A BURN :LOL:

Yes, K-Dramas are the equivalent to Telenovelas (Funny and Die Videos: TELENOVELAS ARE HELL) and Harlequin Romance Novels that have been adapted as Josei Mangas.... Conservative audience eating fast food trash up...

It also reminds me that many Not Pre-Produced K-Dramas that are airing adding far-fetched weird plot twists depending on how high or low the viewers ratings are. That means the writing can be very rushed and unrefined, if your episodes are being made during a live shooting system where the audience's reception can change easily the script! INSANE!:eek:

And thank you for teaching me the whole context, circumstances and conditions about publishing any webnovels.(y)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    Animelover3 likes this.
  17. Kitkath28

Kitkath28 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aristine misunderstanding is kinda cute and hilarious at the same time hahaha

18. Snowylicious

Snowylicious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tarkan could not hear Umiru's words.
    He is supposed to give Aristine his body temperature?
    Take off her clothes and hug her bare skin with her whole body, like that...
    “If Your Majesty won’t do it, will I do it?”
    Hok, Tarkan's gaze turned to Umiru.
    His golden eyes flashed like lightning.
    “Well, it’s the same sex. I have to treat her anyway.”
    Umiru's elongated eyes curved into a half-moon shape.
    Tarkan, who was looking down at Umiru with a burning gaze, opened his mouth.
    “I will do it.”
    It was a soft voice.
    The leather belt that was fastened to the waist was untied under his hand.
    The fabric slipped, revealing strong shoulders and a strong pectoralis.
    “Everyone get out.”
    The courtiers and Umiru bowed their heads deeply and quickly left the room.
    Tarkhan, who was alone with Aristine, looked down at her for a moment.
    Soon after, everything he was wearing fell to the floor.
    The languid afternoon sunlight licked the curved muscles.
    His dark hair was messed up along the wide shoulder blades connecting his shoulders and back.
    His strong, tendon-stretched arms turned towards Aristine, who was lying there.
    There was a particularly loud sound of the rustling of the cloth.
    When he untied the string of her bathrobe that closed the front, it opened up naturally.
    Pausing, Tarkan's hand stood still in the air.
    He stopped breathing for a moment.
    But in the next moment, he fully oppened the robe collar.
    The pure white naked body exposed under the sunlight was dazzling.
    Slowly, the large, rough man's body overlapped with the slender and delicate woman's.
    Holding Aristine, Tarkan frowned.
    Her body was cold to the bone.
    He covered her with a thick blanket tightly and hugged Aristine tightly inside.
    Her face was right in front of him.
    It was so close that you could feel your breath.
    The long, stretched eyelashes caught his eye one by one, and he could even see the soft downy hair.
    Tarkan looked at her face for a moment, then grabbed Aristine's hands.
    The rest of the body felt like ice, but the tips of his fingers were even colder, so he frowned.
    He rubbed her hands and breathed hot breath into her cold fingertips.
    Then his lips touched her fingertips.
    “……”
    Tarkan did not lift his lips.
    He looked at her face, kissing Aristine's fingertips.
    Maybe it was because of his mood, it seemed to be getting a little more light than before.
    He never imagined that he would be lying like this with another person—a woman.
    The feeling was strange.
    Aristine smiles brightly and draws a line, pushes him out of the line, and never allows him to cross the line.
    He doesn't even think that he might cross the line.
    She doesn't even give you a chance.
    Even if we go to bed face-to-face every day, eat and drink together, talk and share eyes.
    In the end, you treat yourself as the perfect stranger at the most important moment.
    But if you hug her with your whole body like this.
    Watching his body heat transfer to her and get warmer.
    It seemed to be within that line.
    Just the two of us, hugging each other tightly, in a narrow space like inside a thick blanket.

19. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How long after the wedding does he clarify this ??

kaedeyuuki, SofiyeJaan and AnniePoo like this.