Spoiler I’m Not Shouldering This Blame

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Nov 20, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t what is your rec list doing to my poor heart :cry: ......This novel sounds amazing:aww:

这锅我不背

After stepping out of the elevator, MC and the 4 others w/ him discover a time-frozen world where everything looks the same but no other humans exist. They can move/damage/affect their surroundings, but goods such as food/water have no effect on them. After almost dying from dehydration/hunger, time starts moving once again and MC finds that he now possesses psychic powers. He only wants to live a normal life, but this bizarre phenomenon keeps happening. Apparently, the world he lives in is a novel, and all the ‘novel transmigrators’ claim that he’s the final boss…

pokes

Izn, Aeli, WagKalimutan and 25 others like this.
  2. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the poke! I was reading winter just yesterday...and considering how many good novel still need a translation.:)

3. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is so good, I could rant pages about what an amazing combo MC and ML make and how much I love them individually~ :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

MC is a type of character I really like, the kind that avoids the limelight, thinks rationally, and works hard behind the scenes. He's not inherently evil despite being the original novel's final boss, but rather, his actions are a direct result of his circumstances. He's a grey character who can adapt as he needs, and this time, he doesn't lose the "light" of his life and thus never goes down the path of darkness. Seriously, ML is the light to MC's shadow in more ways than one, and the symbolism was an arrow straight through my heart.

You also get to see the pov of the novel's protagonist, and that was a really refreshing experience. I loved this novel a lot b/c of the character development and how it focused on the fact that people are largely a product of their environment, and no one was born or "destined" to be anything. And sometimes, the choices that change your life aren't held in your hands.

I basically have a lot of feels about the various relationships in this novel. The relationships (both romantic and platonic) aren't the focus b/c this is a very plot focused novel, but they're still all so good~

The plot itself is really unique. Like, there are so many MC-transmigrates-into-a-novel and changes things so he succeeds, and this is pretty much the exact opposite of that lol. You get to see what it's like to be told your world's a novel and then have a bunch of "transmigrators" try to change your lives, and after reading this, I've seriously started the question the morality of transmigrator MCs tbh.

This is written by the same author as "So What If You've Been Reborn", and they're wonderful at weaving an engaging story that plays on and reverses tropes. SWIYBR deals with 2nd chance rebirth, and this one deals with transmigrators. Also, there's an adorable corgi who's totally OP :blobxd:

Although I thought the main plot ended a bit abruptly, but the extras were great~~~ They're more of an epilogue to the main story than standalone extras, but seriously, if you want an interesting, "off the beaten path" plot and/or a story with a healthy and mutually loving romance, this gets all my recs~

Sorry this got a bit tl;dr, I love this novel a lot ok :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

yfndsh, Rangeles, Attica and 25 others like this.
  4. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    how does the mc meet the ml?.....does the ml know that they are here to change the plot?

5. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what‘s the original plot like before these transmigrators came and „ruined“ it for them?
    How did ML meet MC? Or did they know each other already? I hope ML isn‘t the main protagonist, although i don‘t think so since those transmigrated persons (plural??) are probably the „main characters“
    Also, i didn‘t really understand the summary, there is an elevator and then afterwards MC got psychic powers? o_O

6. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a bit of it, the ML might be the other antagonist who everyone thought was the main antagonist. He's an actor? The MC of the novel is American? Our MC is the shadow villain I think and he's a stuntman? He got contracted to be ML stuntman. I think.

Aeli, Poor_Hero, Kittsune and 4 others like this.
  7. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, sounds interesting so far. i kinda immediately thought of this being held in ancient times or xianxia world x'D
    will list it into my bl list

*waits patiently for more spoilers* :blobpeek::blobpeek:
    would like to know the beginning, like the first 10-15 chapters (in summary) so i can decide if i want to start reading it after i finish my current novel. ^^

Rangeles likes this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    There was mentioned of elevator, ancient time and xianxia don’t have that, lol

Rangeles likes this.
  9. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha same. I was surprised by having read actor and stuntman

seems like a good novel though....I wish I wasn't too busy with school

Rangeles likes this.
  10. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the poke.
    I don't really understand the summary tbh.:confused: Someone please enlighten me.:notworthy:

11. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, i know, that's why i was confused bc i automatically thought it will happen in xianxia :ROFLMAO:
    but the summary is kinda confusing...
    more spoilers pls? :cookie:

Rangeles and cheerydandan like this.
  12. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone traslating any of these novels, pr both :aww:?

13. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    MC and ML 1st met before the novel started. MC was ML's stunt double for a film, the film MC went to see before the elevator ordeal mentioned in the synopsis. MC becomes ML's personal stunt double (they signed the contract in a coffee shop) and then later, ML was like, be my bodyguard/assistant too, I'll pay you double salary :blobxd:

ML is the one who chases MC, and the development is super refreshing b/c both MC and ML have high IQs and EQs (seriously it was so good to read about people who didn't dance unnecessarily around each other), and their relationship reflects that.

Neither MC nor ML are transmigrators. But pretty early on, the government approaches them b/c of the Outcast World (the world where time stops, I've elaborated more on this in the spoiler below) and b/c transmigrators told them that MC's the final boss and ML's the boss right before final boss.

In the original plot, the protag is an American youth with S-rank powers (wind + lightning) who was bullied in school but grew up to be a hero. He got his powers during a huge hurricane, and then mostly lied low while trying to survive whenever the Outcast World descends.

He gets recruited to the American Superpowers Agency and spends years making comrades, fighting monsters in the Outcast World, finding love, fighting human enemies, etc. Given human nature, of course there's a lot of in fighting b/t humans, and he and the American Agency soon discover that there's a super powerful underground group in China led by another S-rank, nickname: Flame Devil (aka ML).

There's a lot of small scale -> large scale fighting against ML + his organization, and after teaming up with another A-rank Agency member, the protag succeeds in killing ML. But after ML's death, they realize that ML wasn't the real leader behind the Chinese organization, and then there's the lead-up + final battle against MC.

Yeah, ML's not the protag. Most of the main characters are non-transmigrators. There's a lot of people who transmigrated actually. Think on the scale of thousands+ all over the world.

The world's setting is like, maybe a few decades ahead of our current society, but since this is the world of a novel as envisioned by an American author, the culture in China (where both MC and ML are) is a bit different than reality. There's actual a few times where it lampshades this and it's hilarious~ :blobrofl:

Anyways, due to an overlap in dimensions or something similar, from time to time, the Outcast World would descend/overlap w/ Earth. The Outcast World is a time-stopped copy of the real world that's also filled with all sorts of dangerous monsters. When time starts up again, all changes made in the Outcast World (broken buildings, stolen items, dead human bodies, etc) are instantly mirrored in the real world. Dead monster bodies don't appear though.

Not everyone can enter the Outcast World when it descends. Only a small part of the population (people w/ potential to get powers) are dragged in, and it's in the Outcast World that they can maybe obtain superpowers (if they live long enough and survive). You can also use your powers in the real world, but powers are stronger when in the Outcast World.

So basically, if a huge battle occurs in the Outcast World, then when time resumes, all the damages that happened will instantly appear in the real world. If you're a normal person, you could be sitting in your home one second, and then the next, you're in free fall b/c your high-rise apartment building magically collapsed into rubble. In short, every time the Outcast World descends, a bunch of people die, which is why governments recruit people w/ powers to minimize the damage caused by monsters/other humans as ordinary people have no way of doing so.

Also, food/water in the Outcast World have no affect b/c the "time" for those items have stopped, but the people's "time" is still moving. Each descent of the Outcast World can last a few hours up to months at a time, so starvation/dehydration was a huge issue esp in the earlier descents before ppl figured things out. Food/water that a person personally carries on them will sate their hunger/thirst in the Outcast World though, and later, people resort to eating the monsters that appear.

If you eat "time-stopped" food in the Outcast World, you won't feel anything and still be thirsty/hungry. However, as soon as time resumes, all that food you ate is reflected in reality, so there's been a lot of cases where people desperately ate food in the Outcast World, only to instantly die of overeating once time resumed.

The novel starts w/ MC + 4 ppl he's w/ in the elevator being dragged into the 1st descent of the Outcast World. Of course, none of them know what's going on. MC is the only one to have survived this descent (which lasted 2-3 days), and he did so by lowering his energy output as much as he could, though he was half dead by the time he returned to the real world. But due to this, he also awakened to his powers.

Powers are ranked with S being highest and F being lowest. Everyone with powers has basic telekinesis abilities but also another more specific type of ability (water, fire, earth, dimensional space, etc.). In the original plot, there were only 5 S-rank worldwide (MC, ML, protag, this crazy scientist, & some guy from Europe), and the vast majority of people with powers are F-rank. Ranks can't be increased.

Transmigrators know the plot of the original novel, and they either want to get superpowers so they can do w/e they want, influence the important "original novel characters", or change the plot. ML's the king of the silver screen in China, so he's super easy to find, and being the 2nd biggest boss, his "fate" gets changed very early by a transmigrator, which leads to a beautiful butterfly affect.

MC didn't really get targeted b/c most transmigrators don't know who MC was other than a pinyin name (remember, the original novel was in English) so very few people could find him, and some transmigrators didn't even finish reading the whole novel yet so they don't even know of MC's existence or name (he shows up very late, iirc book 6 out of 7).

Originally, MC and ML's story was a tragedy. Since they were both bosses, the original novel didn't cover the non-protag related parts of their story. In the original story, ML gets into an huge traffic accident and awakens to his S-rank fire powers. That caused him to stay in a hospital for months, which meant that MC never got a chance to be his personal stunt double and ended up out of work for a long time. ML's acting career also went down the drain after he recovered b/c showbiz doesn't wait for ppl. Those 2 factors were probably very major in them forming the underground organization + subsequently becoming enemies w/ the protag years later.

This time, a transmigrator from America (part of a secret organization of transmigrators wanting to change the plot) prevented ML from getting into an accident hoping that this way, ML will never awaken to his powers and thus never become a threat. However, that caused MC and ML to form a team much earlier (also ML ended up getting his fire powers in another way later).

So with these changes, obviously the plot is also going to change. The government notices the after effects of the Outcast World very early, originally thinking it was a terrorist attack. In China, the person in charge of this case ended up catching a bunch of transmigrators in the investigation and eventually learned from them that "this world is a novel", "the king of the silver screen is an S-rank with fire powers who'll eventually form a super dangerous underground organization", etc.

The story covers a few different ppl's povs as some things in the original novel still happen, but not quite in the same way due to the interference of transmigrators and butterfly effects. There's fights w/ monsters in the Outcast World, dealing w/ enemies + the repercussions of the Outcast World in the real world, and a really great romance that slowly develops b/t MC and ML.

This is kind of like an apocalypse story (the super rare non-zombie kind), except the vast majority of the population have no idea why things suddenly get destroyed/stolen/etc as they don't get dragged into the Outcast world. But anyways, hopefully now you understand a bit more of what the plot's like :blobsmile:

Not yet.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  14. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers
    Those.... are very complicated world structure, but very interesting!
    I'm offering some cookies for more spoilers :cookie::cookie::cookie:, please.

HesheFell likes this.
  15. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    o.o what is the goverment reaction to learning that their world is a novel?

Does the ml and mc end up having to run away from people trying to kill them?

16. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I love complex world building b/c it makes the story feel alive and unique. Not to say I don't like xianxia/zombie apocalypses, but sometimes I want to read about a different kind of world.

If you have specific spoiler questions, I'll be happy to answer.

At first, everyone was WTF are you for serious?? They were all in disbelief, but given that so many transmigrators all claim the same thing, the physical evidence of the Outcast World, and literally no other plausible explanation for these strange events, they eventually believed.

The person in charge is a young general that's an "original novel character" with A-rank metal powers, and the 1st time he sent up his report, his superior didn't even finish reading the 1st page before slamming it on the table cursing his head off :blobrofl:

There was an assassination attempt on ML, but no, they don't run away. MC and ML tried to continue living their normal life as much as they could, and since approached by the government, they've maintained a mutually beneficial relationship. The government protects them/hides their identity so other countries can't track them, and they help with minimizing the damage made in the Outcast World.

ML is super OP, with not only S-rank flame powers, but also Magic Eyes that can see whether or not someone has powers, how strong that power is, and find people hiding in dimensional spaces. As the final boss, MC is even more OP, so honestly, they have no reason to run b/c very, very few people/things are a threat to them.

Heungbo, Rangeles, Aeli and 18 others like this.
  17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    do we ever see the mc and the ml fight together or some random guy's point of view of them?
    does either of them ever get injured and needs to be taken care of?

18. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there are fight scenes where MC and ML make an awesome team. There's snippets of how other people see MC and ML, though a lot of it is based on what they're like in the original novel (aka ppl being wary/terrified of them lol)

Yes, though it doesn't really go into details of the taking-care of part. Off the top of my head, I only remember 2 instances where they got hurt but they healed pretty fast.

Aeli, swordfish, Misaki Yata and 6 others like this.
  19. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Damnit, I really want to read this... but I got a holiday marathon to do :sweating_profusely:

Why most bl no have audio book? :blobsob:

azure_sea likes this.
  20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminds me of Psyren

Aeli and azure_sea like this.