Discussion I’m tired of the author sucking MC’s dick all the time

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by mariean, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Tired of Mary Sue novels? Tough...they've taken over. Good luck digging for wholesome novels out there. I've basically gotten used to the junk food, but I'll probably reach your stage at some point. Not looking forward to it, cause I'll lose any interest to read fiction.

2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is that they don't have friends with the same hobby around and it's kinda lonely to keep quiet about your thoughts all the time. And...this forum exists. So people come here, post their opinions and feel connected to a community. Cause people are generally social animals.

yun yun yun likes this.
  3. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    If I have to pick between author who overpowered the MC or author who tortured the MC, I'd choose the former.

4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Grow up :facepalm:

5. mariean

mariean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You talking to a bitch who speaks like she internet thots for a living and the first thing you say is to grow up? Why don’t you get real first lololol

6. mariean

Reading List:
    Link
    aw did u get that from my profile sweetie?

7. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmmm..... just curious which novels have you been reading where the author pretty much does all of this stuff?

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see the problem. Dicks taste good, sometimes. And when you've been sucking dick for a whole month, you're covered in - wait, we're talking about Mary Sue, huh? Well, cocksucking is good when it fits the story, but I do agree that there are a lot of stories here that are nothing more than Mary Sue stories. I blame it on people who like powertrips and that makes translators more likely to translate Mary Sue stories because those are full of powertrips.

I tried asking the translators as a whole to try find more wholesome stories (and even helped find titles for them to translate that are wholesome, and even translated a few wholesome titles) but nobody cared. Those that did translate wholesome stories did so independently of my suggestion. It's just how novelupdates crowd is.

For ekusuzample Shini Yasui Kōshaku Reijō to Nana-ri no Kikōshi is one I consider a wholesome story. Sure it's an otome story, but it's a good story. However, the crowd here said it's too boring, either because it isn't a powertrip, not a Mary Sue or doesn't have face-slapping in every chapter, or all of them.

Kuronairo likes this.
  9. mariean

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not even ‘all this stuff’ like I just want a character progression that makes sense. Somewhat. So at least you get a sense of ‘yeah the MC worked for his shit’ rather than ‘oh that’s some nice plot armour he got there’. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for.

10. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    It is too much to ask for. I mean, think about how much thought someone would have to put into it. It would require at least 5 minutes of thought; way too much thought.

Loni4ever likes this.
  11. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    *Reads title*

*Suddenly remembers a certain novel of mine where i beat my MC like a dead horse, got a difib to revive him, and then basically beat it up again till dead, and the cycle goes on*
    Am i sucking my MC off or basically throw my MC into a gangrape orgy, give him a girl but is basically a dude in drag which rapes him. And also, i'm trying to portray my MC because the novel i wrote basically is basically on my emo period...

12. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @mariean, @elengee
    You could try reading this https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-strongest-violent-soldier/ for the laughs but just skip 3,000+ chapters and go to the recent 20 raw chapters because author's attempt to castrate (literally) Male MC is going to be a grand success.
    1. Male MC starts out as OP alpha male but author slowly drains his libido (I kid you not, with combat injuries, household accidents and throws MC into non-consensual xxx situations) to the point that doctors say MC is nearly internally-impotent.
    2. MC goes from alpha to beta, probably delta or omega in the latest story arc.
    3. MC gets 75% of the "peacekeeping/anti-terror" troops (assigned to him by his home country) killed off by his enemies in a ridiculous personal feud (hope MC gets court-martialed) because MC left the overall command of his troops to auto-pilot mode.
    4. MC only gets off with a fatal-kick-to-the-groin from his enemies which causes massive hemorrhage in his family-jewels and he requires surgical ops to probably "remove the affected regions".
    5. MC is an oblivious retard and chants the China version of "Dulce et Decorum est" for those "peacekeeping/anti-terror" troops that died.
    6. Meanwhile, the foreign backwater nation's president (that MC is assigned to help) feels sorry for MC and thinks MC suffered crippling injuries to his 2 normal legs while in reality, it's the proverbial 3rd leg.

elengee likes this.
  13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a horror genre no doubt.

14. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First part Killed me :v

Ai chan likes this.
  16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Try sukasuka

17. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Why must you advertise things that my poor innocent mind cannot cope with.

Lmao, totally didnt think that was a thing..

18. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey man there's plenty of weak mc's to go around, a little too much if you ask me.

Archaic pickle likes this.
  19. Yamatohime

Yamatohime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I currently write a small story about OP character. Well, unlike all novel I've read, other characters (even antogonists) do not mess with her and avoid to provoke her because she is literaly a goddess that specialized in genocides (beause shit happens). I think if we want to write about OP protagonists we need to concentrate around how those OP powers could be used.

That's why I actually prefer Japanese OP protagonists in comparison to Chinese ones as long as their personalities develop. After all, OP powers won't make a timid beta into all-powerful superman. That's simply unrealistic.

20. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn man
    He has a family

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.