LCD I Alone Level-Up

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SlimIcee

SlimIcee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah no, all our stuff has been taken down. No more links on the discord...

Hoshiandme and userunfriendly like this.
  2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    $*&#@=+!!!!!

:blobastonished::blobcry::blobthumbsdown:

Luckily I grabbed everything. And there’s always (deleted) and other illegal aggregators. (I just noticed...”gator” is in the middle of “aggregator “) :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Edit: it’s interesting how as this novel is made more and more inaccessible, we’re more and more into it...:blobhug:

Edit2: I just hate Qi...:blobtriumph:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  3. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s publishing site infamous for stealing a lot of works that fans have translated, and producing subpar content. Even though said content is “official” and “recognized”, when the easier thing to do would be to just hire the translator group was was previously doing it.

4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Then Qi would have to pay them...like with real money. They’d lose their sweatshop license.:blobrofl:

5. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think they stopped doing it lol. Rainbow translations is an official translator for Qidian now haha lol. And she does good work!

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad she fell into the dark side...:blobsweat_2:

I’ve been looking at the raw for this week’s manhua...

Tank is SO funny! Such a muscle head!!:blobrofl:

Edit: No wonder the manhua isn’t out yet...super long, with lotsa text...

Orb of avarice,
    Daddy beats up that S rank,
    AND 75th floor! :blobhero:( zombies vs shadows!):blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  7. kerrde06

kerrde06 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the same person who is translating The Second Coming of Avarice also the one who is translating I Alone Level Up? I agree that Qidian has a history of shitty quality translations, but the translator of TSCoA seems to do a good job on that story so that gives me hope that the translation of IALU will still be decent. Now I just got to wait until the new translation catches up to what has already been translated elsewhere...

Shio and userunfriendly like this.
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Translated manhua is out...discord link.:p

9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In addition to that, QI has also engaged in other shady business. Such as when they secretly bought gravity tales translation site. Qidian then offered various translators trap filled contracts while the founder of gravity tales "good guy person" pretended to be a neutral party and advised them it is just a completely standard contract and no need to consult an attorney. Meanwhile a team of qidian employees pretended to be readers used reader comments to do the same. The idea was to apply social pressure to trick translators into signing those trap filled contracts with QI, shady as all hell.

also there was the WW drama:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EQHLBFhMN5QJHn0tyoybX4XfekL3lYnSxb3PB_1rs98/edit

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don’t talk about Qi. I just had lunch.:blob_coughblood:

kfahad likes this.
  11. Esperreal

Esperreal [The Real Esper], [The Specialest Snowflake]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, subpar translation + having to pay for = throwing this novel away until it's done, then maybe find a way to finish it without paying. Not going to waste my money on a second rate site that can't even put as much effort into someone that does it for free. Please note, if the translation was as good or better than the free chapters I would pay so don't throw the excuse that I just don't want to pay for it in my face please ;)

Hoshiandme likes this.
  12. Enken

Enken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i get that ppl have a hate boner on qidian but from the reddit thread i saw a week ago ;
    Imo the fan translation wasn't better than the one made

Overclock and userunfriendly like this.
  13. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    In general, people hate QI because
    1) Licensing, meaning paywall and banning anybody else from translating even if they abandoned the novel
    2) Slow release, or none at all as compared to OG translator
    3) Lowered quality compared to OG translator

There is also the part where they do shady stuff and got a bad reputation in novel translation scene.

L611, Hoshiandme and userunfriendly like this.
  14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s the lower quality that really annoys us here.:blobtriumph:

I guess it depends on what annoys the most. I can’t stand the grammar and syntax errors on Qi translations...grates my teeth. I guess something about the fan translation annoys you more than Qi’s translation.

I personally think that the fan trans are superior...but I’m also editing a KR novel, so I’m used to the often strange sentence structure from Korean translations...

What annoys you about the fan trans?:aww:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    mrttao likes this.
  15. Esperreal

Reading List:
    Link
    It took them three tries to get a name right Tusk = 1. Molar 2. Fang 3. Teeth

I read the few free ones not only is it worse in translation but the words they use make it look like half of it is done through google translator

So yes I am angry that they try to make me pay for some I think is worse than the free version

16. Enken

Enken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didnt read their release yet since they still didnt catch up but free 'stuff' being higher quality than paid one is often the case in this industry.
    For years anime fansub, manga scantrad were high quality than official one ; same goes for community website from divers video games the msot popular well made are usually fansite .
    I'm buying a lot of LN in french since it's my native langugage not necessarly because of their high quality stuff but also to support an industry i like & enjoy but i understand ppl who can't afford it too but it's whatever for me

userunfriendly and mrttao like this.
  17. Esperreal

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, first let's get something straight, I can afford to pay for these things. I purchase both anime and merchandise which supports its industry. I paid to read things like SSN (Seoul Station's Necromancer) and EER (Everyone Else is a Returnee) on the sites they were being translated on because the translation quality was good and the stories were, in my opinion, better than Level Up. Whether it is games, manga, anime, or web novels / LN I will pay for them if they are worth paying for simple as that.

I do not support places like Qidian for many reasons most of which have to come down to how little effort they put into their work. Whether it is because they are overworked and the quality drops or the much more obvious answer they half of it is mtl it doesn't matter to me. the point I was making is that the free versions were of high quality and they now expect me to pay for something of a lesser quality? No way, that is dumb and insulting. Just like "official" dubbing companies in America they think just because they are the ones "official" make a translate we have to pay them. At least with dubbing companies for anime I can still use third-party sites and wait for purchase the subbed DVDs later. With written things we don't have a choice when they stop others from doing free translations and then make us pay for their subpar "work".

It is sickening.

If you want to ride your high horse and defend them that is fine. I learned how to read all three forms of Japanese writing so I could read raw LN like overlord because I didn't want to be on my death bed finally finishing Overlord after Yen Press finally decide to release its somewhat in my opinion poorly (not really that bad) translate. Though that nitpick on companies like Yen Press are more blaring for me because I can read the LN in its original language, but that is beside the point.

The main message I guess would be just because someone doesn't want to pay they can't and that giving into sites like Qidian instead of finding another way or moving to another story is why they can get away with their subpar performance.

P.S. if you really think online websites like Qidian count as supporting the industry take it from someone that has friends in said industry, it doesn't give them as much money as you think.

18. mariahilise

mariahilise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve been planning to read this.. but last time I checked there were about 130 chapters translated I think? Now it only shows 40?

Hoshiandme likes this.
  19. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian picked it up.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  20. yutshu_chan

yutshu_chan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah ill be dammed :( guess i should pay it then