LCD I Alone Level-Up

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jan 14, 2019.

1. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah as I said in a previous comment the system has shown to have to capability it's just the author ignores it so the MC can look more bad a by doing everything alone.

DragonMage18 likes this.
  2. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    I've also read the full novel and what you posted doesn't mean the system cant help others level up.
    Yes it was devised as a test but the working of the system is different than the working of the shadow monarch. They are used in conjunction but are not the same. Remember if he choose a different option the system would help him be a different class. And there is zero evidence that the system cant help others level up but there is concrete proof that it can share experience.
    You are getting hung up on the solo leveling as though it means only he can but it only means that only he will. There's a difference.

And remember he gained full control over it later (which is why it couldn't kill him whenever it wanted anymore) so every feature he could have used as will without a prompt from the system. But he never attempt to party with anyone, he could have easily made them stronger. And it can't be said they were too weak to try because a lot of his shadow soldiers were weak (A,B class) but got to the point were they were useful to him.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    userunfriendly likes this.
  3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean novel plot armor. KR novels always offer selfish Protagonists who will not share things unless there’s a specific advantage to the MC.:p

But yeah...as you know before the (deleted) got scrapped, he did do the right thing in never sharing.:p

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I am officially dubbing the mage mentioned in my new chapter post for the manhua rabbit girl.:ROFLMAO:

She has large “assets”, a kitty messenger bag, (though a Hello Kitty bag would have been HILARIOUS), glasses, and she has a rabbit ears looking headdress...:blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::aww:

The manhua is SO much better than the novel...and I love the novel!:blobhero::blobrofl:

5. Yama_Kitsune

Yama_Kitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is the novel being translated???
    last i saw was a guy/girl soloing the translations but stopped at chapter 99 for reasons unknown to me.

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Qi. They’ve taken over.:blob_coughblood:

7. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel: *exist*

QI: It's free real estate.

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Good double chapters on Qi...

Jin-Woo and Goliath fight next!:eek:

Update...due to fan pressure, hopefully double chapters per day continue!:eek:(y)

9. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a flawless victory. XD although I kinda feel bad for the poor Adam White that tried to stop the fight.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep... I'm not sure if the author intended the joke...

Goliath? Adam White is cast as a "little person" who almost got stepped on like a bug in a battle between giants...:p:p:p

11. ser4

ser4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Guys I am thinking of picking up this novel,but before I do i have a few quick questions. Does the Manga follow the novel closely? And how far ahead (if at all) is the novel from the manga?

12. IronDoge

IronDoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this is something I hate about NEET HERO pulp fiction. It often falls into this gutter trope trap.

The NEET HERO trope only works if you commit to it. If the hero is the only person who matters narratively, then we can't and don't care about other actors who can't do anything. Jin-Woo's mother isn't a person, she's a prop. To show how cool and nice Jin-Woo is. Kurumi Saiki, she is not.

I hope the comic adjusts some of this, but I feel like most of it is intrinsic to the setup that other people aren't allowed to be a threat/help to MC after he's leveled up. The story ends right there imo, and everything beyond that is going past the ending.

It's frustrating when a few other novels can do psychological content pretty well - Overlord isn't about Ainz being a badass who can annihilate an army with one spell, it's about how he made his terrified human allies applaud it afterward.

And FFF-Class Trashero is like the antithesis of Solo Leveling, instead of being repetitive the author seems like he might die if he repeated the same story over and over, to comical degrees. A real craftsman, that fellow.

Another critical flaw of I Alone Level Up is the "nice guy" protagonist mayonnaise they have. You know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about "Nice Guy MC" - they're an idealized fake person that the author thinks society wants them to be. Spoiler alert for those that haven't figured it out: Jin-Woo is a worse person than Ainz or Han-Soo, easily.

And by that I mean intentions and goal alignment.

* He knows his ability to level up should be kept secret. At least until he's peerless, he should have gone full NEET mode and grinded stats by himself. We can forgive this one because okay fine, Author wanted loads of other characters. Even though they don't get to matter beyond being more victims saved by Nice Guy MC.

* He allows other people to go into an S-rank hive knowing full-well he's letting tons of EXP fritter away and that it's probable that dozens of the top-ranked heroes will die. Heroes that humanity would need desperately to survive, if the MC wasn't literally Jesus. Over 21 heroes die. Because he couldn't be bothered to fly over on his dragon and take the 2 hours it'd take him to clean the place out. Over the four days he had free to do it before they went.

* A reminder that the last point is the moral equivalent of letting someone's father and brother die because you didn't want to go outside and mow the grass. In a situation where you would have been paid $50,000 to do so. For mowing grass one time. It's a completely contrived and unnecessary situation. Good lord I'm getting mad now. Just write it so the association couldn't get in contact with Jin-woo, the situation with the hive was falling apart, and they had to go in without him and without him knowing about it.

Instead, they had Jin-woo smile and go "nah you guys can totally handle the S-rank monster hive that's already killed a bunch of S-rankers back when it was smaller and weaker." Then later on, the author, that son of a bitch, had the audacity to have another character go "Oh Jin-woo let all those precious people die because he wanted to spend a little extra time with his mom even though she's human and has to sleep and the perfect time for flying over on your dragon is in the dark you know and maybe your shadow minions even get stronger in the dark and SFD iajrfWJROWFJOndgvoiasngfmioSDGNMosdngq289rh928y ARGH

* In one story (which I don't think is ever returned to), a Demon Girl NPC joins his party inside an instance dungeon, and he's informed that she can gain EXP as well. This has so many connotations - he could share the wealth of the only material good of any value in this world (martial force and power) but he doesn't, not even to his friends or family. Even a party of 10 A ranks, a few ants worth of EXP to MC by the end, saves tons of people on the regular.

* Also Demon Girl exists solely to be yet another token female that falls for the hero and his studly beefiness, but her love is implicitly rejected. This is somehow incredibly irritating - have a dating sim arc at least if you're going to do this, you cowardly author bastard.

* Hey remember those guys he let go off on their own when everyone thought something weird was going on with bringing in convicts, ultimately leading to their deaths? Thanks Jin-Woo!

All empathy he displays is faux, Jin-Woo is incredibly selfish. I wish they'd do a healthy rewrite of the later sections, because man.

I really liked the horror elements at the beginning of the series. And I really like all the cute and varied characters that the Awakened are.

Han-Soo would call this guy a despicable bastard hero. The kind of asshole that makes sure a house catches on fire so people can shower him with praise and reputation points for putting it out. Instead of being even slightly proactive and stopping the disaster you know is coming from happening in the first place.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Hoshiandme and VinnyOni1 like this.
  13. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is already being translated and updated daily on webnovel. The manhwa is around chapter 84 of the novel (192)

14. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian/Web Novel is releasing chapters for this. Novels on Web Novel past chapter 40 don't appear as they are not free, so here on Novelupdates a lot of novel have inactivity as. Web Novel does Chinese and a few Korean novels, so it's a good idea to check both.

Personal suggestions for pick ups, Possessing Nothing, or Main Character Hides His Strength.

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    There was no reason to go on the Jeju Island raid. As far as he knew, from the broadcast was that things were working out, so he had NO reason to get involved. The plan was good, and there were NO casualties. However, when the healer got killed, because of the broadcast delay, not really real time, he was delayed in getting to the team.

This was mentioned in the novel, that the MC could see the raid plan working, and working well. There was no reason to suspect that the Japanese hunters would retreat, or an unexpected monster would appear. Jin-Woo had no reason to interfere with a plan that was going well(as far as he knew).

And as mentioned, we have evidence that outsiders CANNOT enter the dungeons provided by the system. Guild master of the “Braves” guild almost got his head smashed in the second double dungeon.:p

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  16. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it ever mentioned the Demon Girl from the Demon King's Tower dungeon can earn exp? All I remember is that Jin Woo learned that his exp drops when his summons kill far away from him.

I dont think he gets how important family is to Jin Woo. His mom just woke up from years of deep sleep. He doesnt want to surprise her that his son is strong and powerful.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  17. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you my soul speaking out? Lol those are literally all my biggest problems with the novel.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  18. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    He could wear a mask, robe, aura of darkness, or makeup to disguise himself and then fight. Also if he went before they did then who would be there to tell his mom what he did? If I recall correctly the association was basically wrapped around his finger by that point.

19. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he is the only one with that kind of power. Even if he wear a mask or hide his identity, korean rankers know him, its pointless.

Not every novel should be about grinding. There should be dull moments to highlight the climaxes. If through out the novel is him fighting every day like a madman, then people's reaction will be like "ah he killed monsters again. Okay, carry on".

As wise man once said
    "If everyone is special, no one is"
    -wise man S

20. IronDoge

IronDoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Japanese always retreat, this is a Korean novel. An unexpected monster always appears, this is Solo Leveling.

In chapter 5 this could be forgivable. By chapter billionity when this happens, our hero should have undergone enough personal growth to be able to infer that he should go over there right after tucking his mom into bed the very night they asked him for help.

There was no reason to write the story this way except to shoehorn in a "Wow he let thousands and thousands of people die (that's the cost of losing an S-rank in this world, remember) instead of leaving his mother's side for a couple hours, he sure loves his mum. What a swell guy."

Absolutely, the downtime is where they can cram in comedy, friendship, romance etc. Something a lot of imitators over the years failed to ken is that Dragon Ball had a lot of downtime between wrestling matches.

Frankly, I actually prefer stories that have very little time devoted to fight scenes. That's one thing I really like about FFF Trash Hero, Main Character Hides His Strength and liked about One Punch Man (the original, the rewrite is dismal with padding).

The system gave him a prompt to ask permission for her to join him and after accepting was informed she could earn EXP based on her contribution.

Concernedcitizen likes this.