LCD I Alone Level-Up

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jan 14, 2019.

1. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait the most broken power you can ever level up is LUCK. If you can level up Luck than you can literally change your fate. if you max out luck then the entire world should change for you. All other stats are useless in front of the ALMIGHTY LUCK!!!!!!

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

No luck stat. :blob_coffee:

3. Tristan1412

Tristan1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Very much so. The difference is that the MC isn’t exactly broken mentally and there’s not much comedy either. On the other hand, there’s a weak Hong Sunggoo and a sort of Jung Minchan from one of the top 3 guilds.

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they were S rank themselves or felt that they could hide their identity they might. Considering the cause of the illness, the families of S rankers are the most likely to be affected.

@sjmcc13 Can't quote you without seeing spoilers.

The only connection he needs is the Association president. The Association is the one that determines who clears a gate after all, and the president would love to keep him from joining a guild.

They would have contacted their employers while he was still intending to sell it, thus, no betrayal neccessary. Heck, they wouldn't necessarily even hide that they did it. As for the thieves, doubling the power of those known to be loyal is more important than adding someone new that might not be trustworthy, especially if he's foreign and has turned down all recruitment efforts. Also, why would anyone outside Korea give a damn about the Association?

You seem to think that Korea is the entire world, and definitely don't understand what "desperate" means. You're also severely underestimating people's ingenuity and resourcefulness while simultaneously overestimating them by assuming that they'll all be aware of the MC's powers rather than them believing that he's roughly equivalent to other S rankers, which is a terrible assumption when absolutely no one, other than himself and maybe his father, has any real clue what he's capable of.

5. Manah

Manah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the title he's the only one.

If you are meant to die or seek death then luck is useless no matter how high it is.

6. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't matter what your situation is Luck is the best thing to have. Fighting a horde of monsters with luck you pick up a random rock and throw it. The rock causes 100 different things to happen and kills all of the monsters. This is the power of Luck. I do not care who you are fighting the more luck you have the world would meet your needs. Need to kill a god with luck max out another god that is stronger would come to your rescue.

Lonelycity likes this.
  7. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BS. There is a way to only quote part of a post, where is only brings in the section you want. Most sites have this now.
    He wants to keep Jinwoo out of the top guilds to maintain the power balance between them, Jinwoo does not want to join them.
    The association are still bound by the rules and neutrality they set up. They actually have to get the law changed for Jinwoo to start soloing dungeons (which is accepted to keep him in the country) Plus high end gates are not all over the place and HAVE to go up for auction. The Associaiton is bound by to much rules and regulations to let Jinwoo enter a couple A-Rank gates.
    Their employers is the auction house. There are no spies in there because it makes no F-ing sense to have them, it would just cost to much to plant spies in every auction house in the world and have no real gain. They might give tips to associates about upcoming auctions, but no one there is going to be suicidal enough betray a client's trust and privacy to tell someone else what that client owns.
    Doubling the strength of an A-Rank is not going to make him an weak S-Rank.
    Plus there is the whole costs involved from the losses incurred by attacking a S-Rank who you do not know how he fights, or his upper limits.
    Because international politics are kind of important, and pretty much every country has its own association of some form. Also they can have trouble getting into the country.
    Everything here is garbage, there is something I said that you need to address first but you are ignoring.
    His mothers recovers is NOT going to hit the international news, Jinwoo has already taken the steps to prevent that, The doctors are not going to be allowed to publish that she recovers, and Jinwoo will take her home that day.

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    the doc does try to make trouble, he wants to run tests and publish...he is “persuaded” to not be a jerk. The father of the rich boy does find out, and literally gives the MC a blank check, signed with nothing else filled out for the cure. MC pretends ignorance...later on when he drops into a coma, the MC uses teleportation to visit him and he gets the cure. Due to no surveillance inside the private room, the father suspects, but has no proof.

Btw...I don’t think the auction house makes trouble...the items the MC does sell, from the store are too valuable, so the auction house, terrified of S ranking, keeps quiet...

9. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one doesn't, which you'd know, if you had checked. That said, I won't be bothering to reply to the rest of it as you are clearly either a troll or an overly aggressive idiot and typing on my phone is too much of a hassle to be dealing with you either way.

Tristan1412 and userunfriendly like this.
  10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    (I haven't read this whole LCD thread yet. Anyway...)

I've read up to where Sung Jinwoo gets the snake tooth dagger. I had hoped the novel would clarify something the manwha didn't explain, ie pre-reawakening, was he participating in Raids bare-handed? There were no mentions of him using weaponry even though he does get the occasional kills. There were also no mentions of him knowing any martial arts. If this is the case, then it's not surprising that he sucked as a melee combatant Hunter.

On a side note, it is disappointing that he didn't immediately start exercising and training after he first awakened and decided to pursue the Hunter career, especially after the first couple of Raid proved he wasn't prepared for it.

In addition, I have to question why all of these lowbie Hunters go on Raid wearing their everyday clothes. Yeah, I can understand not being able to afford decent "real" armor, but they should be able to assemble some basic protective gear from sports equipment or other things. If any of it can deflect even one disabling strike from landing you, then it was much better than nothing.

11. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    He was indeed going in barehanded.:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

The translation answers all your questions.

1. He had a dagger, it broke. He could no longer afford. I am assuming he’s been doing porter jobs, Monster dissection and mining jobs to get paid. As it is impossible to kill magic beasts unless you have a magic weapon, I don’t think he fought any magic beasts after his dagger broke... This also explains why he didn’t invest in protective gear. By this logic, only magic armor can protect against magic beasts... This also explains why they don’t use bombs on dungeon breakouts...don’t work!:blobfearful:

2. Martial arts training costs money. Also, if you don’t have his current obscene strength stat, you can’t hurt magic beasts with bare hands...and his dagger broke. And why should he train in martial arts if his bare hands do squat?

In the translation it mentions typical E class has magic of 70...MC has magic of...

12!!! :blobsob:

Fighting is useless, weapons break at the level he could afford, it was just a matter of time before he died...and the life expectancy of E class is pitiful.

He was persevering to support his sister and mom. It’s mentioned he thought he should have bought life insurance before the double dungeon...implying he’s bought life insurance before. He was using himself up.:blobfearful:

Now, he’s strong...no wonder he got a bit cocky at times...:blobhero:

oh, he finds another double dungeon later...he smashes those statues. So refreshing!:blobhero:

12. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    I did check, more specifically I use it all the time. Including in making the post you replied to. I am not idiotic enough to make a statement about a site's functionality without checking it first, especially when counteracting a statement someone else made to opposite effect.
    Remember you can not prove a negative, so the only valid response to my statement was along the lines of "What are you talking about?" not "it does not exist because I am not aware of it"

quote.png

Notice the dark balloon under the highlighted text you use that and only the highlighted text will be brought in to the quote. Some sites you just highlight the text and the quote button brings in only the selected text.

Or are you just so stubborn that you have to lie and call me names to try and look like you won a discussion you are losing.

You made some bad statements that rely on not understanding the setting of the story, or requiring Jinwoo to have information he does not have access to, and are shifting goal posts to try and defend those statements.

You blatantly ignored parts of my comments that would render what I was referring to a moot point with no effect unless you negated them. Only to double down on the statement I was demonstrating a flaw in.

Heck one of your comments is basically going to the point of creating an international conspiracy that would be extremely expensive, show very little gain and require members of a very nationalistic society living in that society with a decent job to turn traitor and sabotage their nations survival.

The statement was non-magical weapons can not kill them, a hunter's fist is a magical weapon (see the Ice bear), In the beginning arc he voted to enter because he had only killed 1 E-Rank monster that day, and needed more cores as an E-Rank core was worth less then $100.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2019
  13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I forgot that. So the implication is that he can only hunt goblins with his weak strength? Well most of my post still applies...he was pathetically weak. And desperate enough to enter dungeons...:blobsob:

Oh yeah, he’s still an idiot...

Last night I was rereading chapter on stealth...he has dagger throw, and Ruler’s Hand...

Limits on stealth is his body and anything he can hold...stealth, and throw STEALTHED dagger, augmented by Ruler’s Hand. I’m guessing the dagger will remain stealthed during flight...:blobfearful:

Oh, about Ruler’s Hand...
    Only kings can have it. All the National class hunters have it. The Five National class hunters are kings, and I’m guessing he has to fight them... National class hunters have the power of an entire nation...:blobdizzy:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  14. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC it's the King Lvl Bosses he has to worry about.

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

I just realized...

While martial arts might help the E ranked SungJinwoo, it won’t help much...

Martial arts like judo are useless against monsters. How do you throw a giant ant? Karate could help with hitting, but realistically, with his stats it seems hardly worth the time. And don’t you need to train for years? :hmm:

16. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    He is Korean so I would consider the Korean styles, Teakwondo with its kick focus might be useful.

Does not really excuse the lack of working out though, though that might be from the large number of hospital stays.

Someguy666 and userunfriendly like this.
  17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing that I really like about this series...

Sung Jin-Woo is pretty human. I’m sure all of you have felt that “he should have been more strategic, what kind of idiot doesn’t research his own abilities! He’s relying too much on luck!” Those criticisms are all valid.

But to the MC, these are life and death situations. It’s easy for us, the reader to be dispassionate and due to our familiarity with these types of novels we might in Sung Jin-Woo’s shoes make better decisions than he does. But he’s living in this world, and we see his fear.

So far, I don’t see the author using his MC’s weaknesses as an excuse to move the plot along, by having the MC make stupid choices. We see the gradual growth of our protagonist, as he gets stronger, beginning to think more optimally.

We certainly see him in the manhua reserving his “Status Restore” every day as a trump card for hard fights.

It’s hard to strike a realistic balance between an “idiot MC” and a “Mary-Sue”. I think the author is doing a fine job.:blobhero::blob_coffee:

Rou likes this.
  18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Manhua 55 is out!:blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

Edit: This chapter is when the rich kid assumes Sung Jin-Woo is dating a minor...:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Facial expressions are priceless!:blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Concernedcitizen likes this.
  19. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    (still reading to catch up...)

The author has brought up Sung Jinwoo's mother being hospitalized several times as the reason he'd had persevered with Raiding even though he got hurt so much. But now that he's got access to the Player Shop, has he considered buying a healing potion for her yet?

20. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    There is nothing in the shop that can cure her.

Curing his mother is a MAJOR goal for Jinwoo, his family means alot to him. It is to the point he will sacrifice pretty much anything for their sake. They matter more to him then anyone else, otherwise he would not have risked his life for 4 years, like he did, as a weak E-rank.

There are decisions he makes that you need to understand how much he values his family for it to make sense.

snowdeity likes this.