Picked Up I Am A Child Of This House

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by mariahilise, Dec 8, 2018.

1. helhelhellycat

helhelhellycat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I accept that.
    My apologies, but I remember I saw which chapter urgh... Lemme come back with SS and how to insert pic while on Android hah. ((cries))

Okay, I saw @ webtoon that Marchioness of Raymond claims that 1st son is around the same age with Estelle (I shall provide a SS, or I might be drunk... idk)

that's why I ask fellow readers here if Webtoon is mistyped for this thing.

andplsdontattackmeiamanewreaderplsjdjdjfjfurheb;;;;;

2. helhelhellycat

Reading List:
    Link
    SRSLYHOWTOINSERTPICFROMTHEGALLERYTOTHISFORUMAAAAAAAIMMAONLINEFROMANDROID

*PANIC*

I NEED TO CLEAR MY MISUNDERSTANDING AT IAACOTH WEBTOON AA A A A

3. athanasiahana

athanasiahana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @helhelhellycat
    Emel is 2nd son... Marchioness just saying they're same age but in reality they're not same age... She said that to make estelle feel comfortable to Let (1st son) cause she want arrange their marriage (in manhwa has described that 1st son was 5 years older than carl, carl and estelle has 4 years age gap.. so 1st son and estelle have 9 years age gap while emel and Estelle has 6-7 years age gap)

I hope this would help you :aww::aww:

4. helhelhellycat

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU'RE MY SAVIOR, MATE!

I can now sleep well. I feel alienated the time I reread that phrase by Marchioness Raymond @ webtoon. Like, da hell?

You sly fox woman, Marchioness. :blobangery:

mysticalavalon likes this.
  5. Intertwinedinside

Intertwinedinside Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew, Ichigo has translated the novel up to the Emel's departure from the Duke Residence... That was so sad for Estelle :(
    I mean... He didn't have to be so cold. At least, say that "I have reason..." :(
    Thanks Ichigo, I tried to understand Emel's thought better thanks to your well explanation. Emel really had a tough past....
    I understand now how some people said this novel is so dark. It is. everyone struggles inside this novel.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Ichigoisstrawberry and luna2128 like this.
  6. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ichigoisstrawberry
    Im so grateful for your translation that I felt the need to register this website and properly thank you for all the works!

I absolutely Adore and Love the Castielo family!!!
    To me personally, I put way way more focus on the character development of Estelle above all else. The romance is merely a sub part of her journey. Just give me a slice of Castielo family moment is enough to keep me going.

I have to say I am a bit surprised to see so many ppl not prepare for the dark element of this story. From Estella's childhood before she becomes a Castielo, its already sets up the dark tone.

And even though I dont really mind the romance portion, I was very delighted to know that Anne and Karl ended up together. This story definitely has some stong female representatives(and if you think about it... the final villian is a woman too) But everything about Anne hits my sweet spots. Tbh, I think Im just thrilled that the author gave Anne her a happyly ever after. Obviously, having Karl by her side is the cherry on top, But Im already happy that there is a sundae. Supporting characters mostly ended up single, you know. Small preyer that the manhwa gives more story on them than the novel.

7. Violet_lily

Violet_lily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow the comic and the novel is really really different. I have read many manhwa+novel of same story but I think this manhwa is only suitable for children. The comic is fluffy and cute but the novel is dark. Who made me a princess is like the manhwa isn't that bad but compared the novel the novel is actually dark ( I don't understand how did people find it dark when I felt literally it's not even grey) then come to think about lady baby this story is actually really dark story. I don't know how much they will show it on the manhwa but in the novel it's actually very dark. Then again genius doctor black belly miss I have completed reading the novel fully and I feel it's actually a dark novel. Full of murder, danger, sacrifice, bloody war it's like I won't really believe that it has a comic version. When people think this story I am a child of this house is a dark story I can't disagree though the comic is cute at least for now.

I have entered into this site for the first time and I found really funny debates.
    1. People are making the age difference between Estelle and emel a big deal. They can't accept them cz they look like brother-sister?
    2. Emel does not deserve to be ML. He's a jerk, he's old, he's sentimental, he's coward, and lots of other adjectives.
    3. Why didn't Estelle end up with Carl?

The reason why I find these discussions funny
    1. Age difference doesn't really matter if u really love the person. Lucas is nearly hundreds of years or thousand years older than athy but people don't find it disturbing. If ur talking about age difference then ijekel is better suitor than Lucas as he's actually near athy's age. (If someone like that happened then I would have just killed the author)
    2. He's a human first of all. If his beloved dies in front of him than doesn't he even have the right to greave on it? He has no one around him. He left the wolf only to become someone capable so that he can ask for Estelle's hand but instead he got the news of her death. His mother and cousins want him to die tortures him everyday. He has no one to rely on. Estelle was his only hope and when his only hope he desperately tried to hold on break then what the hell is he supposed to do? The nightmare was cherry on top of his suffer. The reason of him becoming an alcoholic isn't just a hobby. Moreover he didn't beat any girls or slept with others so how is he a jerk?
    About emel never sharing his plans with Estelle and suddenly getting engaged to Irish and being touchy with her really pisses me off but I guess he learns his lessons in a hard way.
    3. Estelle and Carl being a couple really disgusting. They are siblings for gods sake. The love between them is pure and don't stain it.

I know many people are gonna scream at me for this comment but honestly I don't care. I really like this novel/comic despite of every hated comments. If u don't like the story no one force u to read this. But don't just start spoiling the work saying many bad things about a person's hard work.

8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't get me wrong or misunderstand my reply and all (I'm a firm supporter of the ship) but a little more perspective to the complaints other than what you said
    1. other than PHYSICALLY looking odd and the age gap (which the former can be explained with Estelle's malnutrition and the latter is just a stupid excuse to begin with), I guess its the fact Emel helped in raising her
    2. No complaints there. Just an ML that's actually acting more humane than most MLs who tread the line of beta-ness or outright OP with a cold exterior? And I agree with the not sharing plans, he did Estelle wrong on that one (I mean, he KNOWS the girl likes him. The least he could do was help her prepare for such a sight (even if she would be against it. Not like Estelle could do anything if it was the only option left. I mean, recent manhwa translation updates have Estelle realize she has to make more adult choices. She can't do that if she suddenly gets blindsided with the man she loves doing romantic stuff with another woman. Her brain one way or another would get some shock)
    3. As gross as this might sound, I was (probably still am) also a former shipper of this (since Carl x Anne has to be adapted or needs more scenes together) but in my defense, its again because Castillo's (the normal Castillo) have trouble expressing themselves, much less anyone who even comes near their presence won't faint from fear/shock or develop an obsession like the royalties. Estelle fits the bill on the love interest because you know, she makes it natural for our scary father and son duo to be more emotional and she can certainly handle their intimidating presence that you can't help but wish her so called fear of not being relatives could've also been an opportunity

9. Violet_lily

Violet_lily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I don't misunderstand u. As I said before the way emel behavee with Estelle is not acceptable at all and I hope he regrets his every actions. I never said his actions were right but other than these I don't understand why people hate him so much? At first I was confused about Estelle's age. I really thought she's like 5-6 years old and emel is like in his 20' which scared me but after knowing about their age I was like okay? About Carl and Estelle they really have a very intimate relationship which many people misunderstand. But to me their relationship is really beautiful. I never had any older brother and no boys from my parents side is older than me so I sometimes hopes that I can get the love she's getting from Carl which is why after learning about the ship freaked me out

10. luna2128

luna2128 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does roy become a master?

11. iamtrangdoan

iamtrangdoan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Riddle successfully rape Estelle or Was she rescued in time? And omg, thanks so much for your spoilers!!!! I was dying to know what was happening with Emel and Estelle since they certainly had feelings for each other

12. athanasiahana

athanasiahana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @iamtrangdoan no, he didn't do that.. emel will rescue her from riddle.. that was on fifth book (cmiiw) in villa when estelle and emel were going holiday (there was kiss scene too before the attemped rape) i wanna know more but i can't read hangul so i think i would wait for translation :aww::aww:

Ichigoisstrawberry likes this.
  13. Damia

Damia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me more about emel jealous and hurt moments?
    I really want him to be in despair because of what he did to Estelle:blobdevil::blobhero::blobpopcorn_cool:
    I hate him enough to see him in despair but at the same time i also kind of like him..what should i do with him:blobsweat_2::facepalm:

14. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not the age thing but emel was attracted to her as a kid

15. Aria23

Aria23 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's sixteen. Not really a kid.

16. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Damn you are soo right finally someone said it

Intertwinedinside likes this.
  17. LunaticBookworm

LunaticBookworm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you soooo much for translating this novel... you have no idea how happy i am reading this post of yours... thank you also for all your spoiler...

18. LunaticBookworm

LunaticBookworm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Totally agree with all you said.. Just because the drawing in manhwa make Estelle looks like a child and Emel looks like a young man the age gap become an issue... but Lucas and Athy which in fact got HUGE gap is being ship smoothly due to Lucas always took young appearance to match Athy age...

Emel is one of my fav ML to be honest.. he is more human and real in emotion as a character.. all the things he did is normal and understandable as a human being ( being sad and lost and drown yourself with alcohol due to lost the love of your life is happened in real life)
    being a jerk in making decision without consulting with Estelle while claiming he love her (break off the engagement without telling Estelle just to spy on Iris or suddenly leaving Estelle without explaining that he want to get the tittle to match her) also happen in most cases either in novel plots or real life. People sometimes make stupid decisions in their life and regrets it which Emel did.

I found all the stories that I read had their own charm... no matter what genre they are.. They are called stories for a reason.. I really feel sad when I found people that saying bad things because the story or plot doesn't suit their taste (I found a lot from other tread)... They should just drop it without saying anything 'coz no matter how bad it is in their mind, it's a person's hard work and some people might like it and fall in love with it too..

19. MissOlivia

MissOlivia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi umm I know I might not get an answer immediately considering most of these comment are from months ago but I wanted to know peoples opinion on Estelle x Emel

because of the age difference between those two and emel

20. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can somebody tell me if Estelle is the duke's biological kid or not??

Also I heard Emel and Estelle only has like 5 years age gap, the manhwa was just wack in its art, and made Emel look like a young uncle thats like 10 years older than Estelle (ps not necessarily shipping them)

Mikaa likes this.