Picked Up I Am A Child Of This House

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by mariahilise, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Popcrazy

Popcrazy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean.. you can always use your own time to revisit previous comments..
    just think of the poor dead horse we've been subjecting to a beating for a while now:blobsweat_2:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    cometothedarkside97 likes this.
  2. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is his biological daughter. She carrying castielo blood too. She just half castielo. Between Estelle and emel gap.. 6-7 years. Well someone already explained already. When their first meet Estelle more that 11 years old..? But she look small bc lack nutrition. And emel is 18..? He indeed look like a adult in webtoon but actually he in his teen.

Aria_Nett12 likes this.
  3. Ichigoisstrawberry

Ichigoisstrawberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi i made a translation if this novel, still on going though, you can check the previous page, i already share the link and the major spoiler ;)

Omi987 likes this.
  4. Ichigoisstrawberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi its been long time since im open this spoiler threads, i have been pretty busy these day. And im surprise there’s a lot of new webtoon/mahwa. Woow ~ where have i been. Haha.

im sorry for the late reply, but thank you for all the appreciation. In case you want to ask me something about this story feel free to leave some comment on my blog, maybe you will get more faster reply from me there. See you around ~

cometothedarkside97, Deecchi and Nimp like this.
  5. Kuroe0

Kuroe0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did roy ended up with the blue haired knight ? Sorry i forgot the name

6. tharrinne

tharrinne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ichigoisstrawberry thank you for your spoilers
    I just plan to read the spoilers but the Emel's part made me log in and write a comment lol.
    So basically I don't know who the ML is when I read the webtoon, and I haven't seen any posters or so. It was just spoil in the comment section that he was the ML, and I was like dumbfounded cause I don't feel ML vibes in him from the very beginning he looks like a 2nd ML type.. and Carl has more an aura of a 1st ML, so I kinda understand those shipping and wanting a twist.
    I kinda think that the reason why he has a lot of hate cause he really is pathetic... he deserve all the hurt he experience from Estelle. I prefer MC's that plan together, scheme together and fight together. And unlike other ML' has redeming chance like they are not totally jerks and made Fl's feel they are loved.. but Emel betrayed her twice.. even though it is just a contract fiance.. that hurts man... today you have a fiance then next second your single again. Who will not feel betrayed about that.. even if he reasoned that is for acting only... Emel and fl kissed during fake engagement then his fake engagement with Iris they also kissed.. if other ML's they will already puked after that lol. So no wonder his reputation is destroyed to fans. Estelle just reallt loved him if that were me hell no, I wont accept you anymore after being betrayed twice.. lol

7. tharrinne

tharrinne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally even 10 years gap is acceptable... even in reality a lot of couples have age gaps upto 10, some more than that.. but for me the max is only 10 after that it's kind of your uncle or your dad. Mature men are ideal mostly bcoz they think differently from younger boys who just love to play. And back to Emel and Estelle, well they didn't have relationship when she was under age so what is the fuss all about.. I don't really understand them pointing the age gap.. my goodness!
    that's the only thing I don't hate about Emel lol
    They are already adults and for most adults age doesn't matter

8. Ichigoisstrawberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he will get engaged with ellen ~

@tharrinne yeah i thought so, he was really pathetic at that matter, i have no excuse :blob_catflip: even with all the reasoning behind it, it’s still upsetting. But well in the end i still like him as ml, it’s so confusing this hate and love perspectives about him haha. Yeah personally i like older man so, i have no problem with age gap, it’s not like they have any romantic relationship when estelle under age.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Intertwinedinside likes this.
  9. Ichigoisstrawberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, i would like you to know, that i already translate this novel. so, i hope you can appreciate my work with don’t work on the same novel. i didn’t put it in my translation in NU because i want to avoid the authors attention. Since there already many korean translators that the translations being taken down. i hope you can understand and cooperate with me. Thank you.

10. y7r8t76

y7r8t76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that Estelle got really sick right after she woke up from her coma and even her lifespan got shortened :eek: after the dragon and her spirits helped cure her, did she get her lifespan back? As in the same condition as before?

rock.doll likes this.
  11. Fallon Ashryver

Fallon Ashryver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she meant to say that Emel was attracted to Estelle even when she was still a kid, not only when she was 16. That was what made it uncomfortable.

Although, personally, I dont have any issues about their age at all. Just wanted to clarify her point

12. Fallon Ashryver

Fallon Ashryver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this!!! I want to see him suffer a bit, just to get rid the awful taste in my mouth after what he did to Estelle.

Anne1102 likes this.
  13. Ren99

Ren99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard from some comments that emel and the princess kiss? Is that really a spoiler? Or just some dumb people spreading false spoilers?

Since reading @Ichigoisstrawberry, i can't see anywhere of kiss being mentioned between them?

14. Kris321

Kris321 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey @Ichigoisstrawberry ,
    Thank you so much for the spoilers, i read all the new chapters of the manhwa and was dying to know what happens after that :):).
    And I'm so glad that you picked up this novel, I'm going to start reading it today.
    Thank you and take care..:):)

Ichigoisstrawberry likes this.
  15. Ichigoisstrawberry

Reading List:
    Link
    @y7r8t76 yes later everything will going back to normal as before.

@Ren99 in the novel yes, later Emel and Iris had some kiss moment :blobangery: i hope i read it wrong, but unfortunately it’s true. Well i’m not sure if the webtoon will adapt that part or not, but i hope not :blobsob:

@Kris321 hi you’re welcome :blobmelt: hope you’ll enjoy it !

16. magstralala

magstralala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit late but I don’t really like Estelle and Emel together. I don’t mind the age difference and I don’t think one is undeserving of the other but I just don’t think they’re a good fit.

on one hand, there is Estelle that basically imprinted on Emel like a baby chick and on the other hand Emel is not someone that would live for Estelle but die for her. I wish it had stayed a childhood crush/platonic and that both of them had found other partners.
    In my opinion they were great partners and confidants but not lover material.

Fortunately, they lived happily ever after (probably).

mysticalavalon and smeilia like this.
  17. throwawayidk

throwawayidk New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here's my 25 cents as an outsider/newbie perspective of emel and estelle(manhwa)

Emel is drawn to be the MC's older brother figure, the first crush is in a sense and THAT character idea in my opinion is wonderful.
    a story about a neglected child learning about family and importance of filial piety is amazing. Which in turn creates this wonderful take of how children can learn and grow to be an adult; with responsibilities and limitations.
    To be drawn like a 20-ish y/o adult growing an under-developed child and see the child grow and be someone beautiful would explain all of emel's actions.... if he's not an asshole, if he is not attracted to someone 6-7 years younger than him before and after the time skip, if he is not genuinely an unlikable character with 0 to less dynamic to the MC considering i've read a lot of trashy CN with shit romance dynamic but i digress.
    idk what are the reasons of why his personality is like this and hopefully, hopefully he'll get better. I don't want another jk to 28 shit in my novel
    P.s as someone who've been on a binging spree of manhwas (especially shoujo ones), Emel x Estelle is the only thing that grinds my gears and made me feel weird, i have read some spoiler here and there of how Emel will get better but the fact that Emel is drawn like that makes me feel nonono. It's kinda ironic because Age gaps(million year age gaps 0_0) are okay for me but "cool uncle figures turn romantic interests" just isn't right. It's a fantasy novel and probably most of these reading my 25 cents are laughing the hell out of me on how my arbitrary my mind is on what's right and wrong on some lines of paper.

18. sunnyflowers

sunnyflowers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ichigoisstrawberry
    Honestly, I'm super grateful for all the spoilers and efforts put into providing this for us!!! Thank you!! I look forward to more of your translations! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

mysticalavalon likes this.
  19. AmbroseIri

AmbroseIri New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But Age gaps have their rules. You cant choose a number and say it is acceptable, because it depends on the couple.
    Even Emel knew that it was messed up, not just because she is younger than him, but also because he partially raised her. Also, Estelle is a very special case, a child who lived most of her life inside a box. If this wasnt fiction and/or if she didnt remembered her past life, she would have Lost her mind.
    A ten year old who grows, makes friends, receives constant stimulus from the outside world and a ten year old who only knows suffering are totally different.
    But that is exactly why I think it's not that Bad, because Even if Estelle is childish sometimes, she is not crazy, it means that her old memories really make a difference, which in conclusión means that there is no Age gap in the first place.
    With Athanasia is kinda the same. She makes very mature decisions since the beginning, using prior knowledge and showing a personality shaped by her unfortunate past. That makes her mentally an adult, and adults are capable of consent.

Emel is so flawed, it's very refreshing for a ML. However, I don't know what to think about Estelle, because she has a lot of personality, but at the same time I find her dull and empty. Maybe it's because her goal is simple, living happily with her family all her life. I feel the same about the Castiello, because they have a very interesting history, but at the same time I find Carlo and Aem kinda boring. I find Zeon and Riddle more intriguing. I think it's a very bittersweet but remarkable manhwa, everyone has a dark side and the world is very unstable.

20. Jinxellas

Jinxellas New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you look at the abandoned empress, Aristia and Ruve are 16 & 21. They have a 5 year gap and I don't think emel and estelle's age in being lovers are strange. Look in real life, there's probably parents who married with a 13 age gap, when you hit the age of 18, you would be able to date anyone (or sugar daddy)

mysticalavalon likes this.