Korean I Am A Child Of This House

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by mariahilise, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Popcrazy

Popcrazy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'He feels very guilty and decides to die for her" how does that help anything? :blobconfused:
    these kinds of developments make the story seem like the plot of a bad korean soap.

"She was also hurting herself because she didn't even like parties. The fans were like the MC is becoming stupid thanks to the Ml." yeah.. this sadly happens a lot when 'romance" is being portrayed from the view point of a female mc. they become super clingy and over emotional as soon as they fall in love, any character development they may have gone through, before that point gets thrown out the window as they become frustratingly indecisive, they sit and wallow in their own self pity while obsessing over the ml, they also make a lot of impulsive, irrational, self destructive decisions where the outcome is basically that they only end up hurting themselves..
    but when its a male lead in an isekai story? oh boii..

he becomes a true "man" in every sense of the word. courageously slays the dragon and saves his waifuu and everyone celebrates him as a badass kind of sends the message that woman become weaker after they fall in love, but men go through a sort of evolution because of it, becoming something more then what they once were. this trend within romances seems kind of sexist. sorry went off an a tangent there.. :blobtriumph: I'm currently reading "my fiance fell in love with my younger sister" the mc fits into what I was describing on some accounts. the whole story is one pit of deep deep despair...

anyways I can see now why fans would be frustrated with the main couple with it being drawn out an angsty. hopefully the webtoon will handle things differently this time around. I still like the story.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  2. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the eyes were pink! only a half like MC has pink eyes. that's proof that she is the duke's kids...halfs are suppose to be very rare! plus the queen treated the blind chick badly but the MC fairly well.

3. Fiorisi

Fiorisi {Ghost General's Wife} [Food Collector] ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly never expected the guard to be the ML either. Even though his on the covers of every book and here I was heavily hoping for the Brother to be the ML or something.

4. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The blindfolded girl who showed up during the Queen and Estelle's teatime is the princess.
    There was other pink eyed daughters in that family bloodline but they all ended in tragedy. maybe it theirs ?The father forbade the MC from finding out as the info is too mature for her .
    FYI -I heard the first born is always born with red eyes (feared )so it always the second child who can have pink eyes. They are super rare and men are always trying to catch them so it is a double edge sword. They are both blessed yet cursed .

Bella94, Suzune, Renn Kazma and 3 others like this.
  5. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see why the Korean fan base hated the ML based on the spoiler. The ML sounded very pathetic indeed. Honestly, no one would have guess he is the ML (even though he is on every cover) because he gives off a very brotherly feeling in the beginning and readers would think he is just a bystander character for the MC to grow up or a second ML to support MC throughout her life. Having a twist in the plot where MC isn't the daughter seems very probably because there was no DNA check or magic used to find the origin other than her pink eyes
    which royal family could also get.

Bella94 and Fran.2424 like this.
  6. miko_

miko_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I don't care about ML here anymore (let me just say he was like 18sth at the start and t MC was previosusly high school student so 16 plus current MC age at the start od series so mentally they are about the same age, the physical age is vast so I agree it may be offputting) I just saw a few chapters of the manga (got hyped for nth and cute art) but I don't want to read anymore due to spoilers so that will be my last message here.
    I can't forgive abuse! Dont like him anymore

But really thanks for the spoilers its eyeopening ^^

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok
    The abuse is only for a short time and he becomes better.
    He does it because she died.

Popcrazy and miko_ like this.
  8. Roselyx

Roselyx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading Daughter of the Emperor, Suddenly became a Princess One day and I am a Child of this house. I really like this genre of manga. Is there any other manga I can read similar to this while I wait for the latest release of the three novels?

9. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker| Is actually contributing now

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know what sites can people Google Translate the novel? Kakao page doesn't work on MTL

10. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No
    the books are being sold for money so all the free stuff is taken down
    I heard there secret sites you can download for free but you have to be a member already.
    For example there was a site I was using but I lost my password .I couldn't find the site.Then when I did couldn't rejoin under a new name because they turned into a private site.Then they moved address so I gave up.

morticia_addams and cheerydandan like this.
  11. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still recovering of the thought that MC's dad slept with MC's mother... The rest I can manage.

immortaltear, Suzune and Neyva like this.
  12. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    died?

13. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes she died ! Like really died ! So the ML kinda has a excuse but the fan base is very merciless. To be honest I am also very particular of MLs .Most novels ML I disprove of . Chinese,Japanese or Korean novels it doesn't matter I am not racist but I am very strict with my Mls. I put them against real life standards and ask would I be okay if this happened to me? So many MLs have failed my strict citera -especially emperors ! They are the worst.

14. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about the king's daughter webtoon? I mostly just stick to novels

15. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    What the hell? How did she die? I mean I don’t think dad or big brother would have willingly allowed that shit to go down?

Fran.2424 likes this.
  16. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was a one night stand.
    I think the dad had a true love who was a commoner from the country .
    When the queen met mc she was talking shit about her.

17. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No,
    I will post spoilers on it if you like

Fiorisi likes this.
  18. Fiorisi

Fiorisi {Ghost General's Wife} [Food Collector] ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaww! I hope there will be soon!

And Yes!! Please if it isn't too much trouble I'd appreciate spoilers @myling :blobReach::aww::blobmelt:

lazynoodles likes this.
  19. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Mighty and Invincible

Reading List:
    Link
    The special thing about the MC is that because she's a mixed breed, she has the potential to become an Empress unlike the rest of her family which can only claim dukedom at best.

Bella94 and Renn Kazma like this.
  20. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it attempted rape.