Spoiler I Am a Princess Responsible For Settling Circumstances

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Dec 12, 2018.

1. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdevil: I am the spoil monster if you want me to go away you must feed me spoils:blobrofl: but seriously more spoilers please.

Twiggysan likes this.
  2. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who was the mastermind of all the conspiracy?

arlovebird and Jennifere12511 like this.
  3. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened next?!
    Spoiler please :aww::aww:

KathyClysm likes this.
  4. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS!! This is the problem I am having: on the one hand, because MC recognizes that this is weird and unfair, I find the story very intriguing so far and am very curious as to how his all plays out. But at the same time, this could very well be the reason why I abandon this manga/novel , because stuff like this makes me angry-cry. I mean, what possible way out from this situation is here? She ultimately becomes queen and from then an, all male royals are forced to make babies on their own? That also seems pretty iffy. I am sure the author has a plan but I cannot even begin to predict what that might be.

5. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, noblewomen get nothing compared to the guys?

I mean, status and wealth which are great things, but most seem to live loveless existences where they are expected to stay at home and make babies for other guys to raise and in many cases, according to what was said here, they can't even meet their biological children!?

Heck, any law supporting gay people seems to be about guys, i mean, i assume lesbians are just rare since it is a BL world but still, also not great, it just seems to be a bit too biased against women, makes me want to ask one thing though.

Does she ever tell her brother or anyone that she really doesn't like the idea of having a baby for someone else?

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the eldest sister already gave the king a baby boy, why did he take the daughter of the youngest sister as well? So she can give birth later for her “brother” if needed?

7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Handmaids tale :BL version

8. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... What is this seal??? @_@

9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    What seal?

10. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Seal is him choosing her as his master, to serve for the rest of his life. It's a danger detector that allows lets him find her.

Also, this novel is why I find a lot of BL hard to get into:
    They forget women exist, that women can be friends and family with gay people, or just use women as incubators while writing them as props. It's kind of gross. Fujoshi are just gross. They fetishize gay people, then make women the enemy. Like, it feels like if the author writes some of these BL stories they view women as the enemy. So none of their "desirable" men can be straight, because the "enemy" will have them. And if they can't be with their gay harem, no woman can.

This is very handmaiden's tale in a BL world. Yet, men can have all the gay lovers they like while stealing children from straight people or using their sisters as breeding stock. Yet we can't have lesbians or unhappy women cause, obviously, only boy love is true love.

11. TripleBaka

TripleBaka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you and adding on: lesbians and women in general get fetishisation too. How many anime/manga/light novel series have women around just for the reader eye candy? Harems with cardboard personality women that wear little as possible even if it’s colder than the North Pole? Women that do things like grope each other’s boobs to “compare?”

Even series I like such as Konosuba does this in spades. Me and my friend even got into a discussion about Kazuma’s ability and how polarised and slightly stereotypical it is despite it being for comedy. All women’s most precious things in life over everything are panties? Get out of here.

It’s like a woman can’t be straight, they must be bisexual for the fan service, or lesbians have to be aggressive and can’t be friends with gay guys/straight women. It’s really frustrating how flanderized things are. There’s no such thing as a set top or bottom and being in a relationship, gay or otherwise isn’t a power dynamic like how fujoshi and yuri lovers think. /rant

Some more spoilers

I like the MC but she seems to be kind of dense. From what I read in the manga, she invited her guard, a single Male, without any protection or concern on what he might do. I know it’s common for males to be gay in that world but bisexuality exist and there are straight males. Such an idea doesn’t come up at all that he might force himself on you? She doesn’t know him that well.

Plus the thing she said about the “heavens or divine,” it was obvious shift in mood that even a dense person like me picked up but she didn’t.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  12. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    It does look like this novel in particular is going in a direction where they are trying to do it differently though. I mean, I don't know, I have only read what has been translated of the manga so far, but I do get the feeling that seeing as how she is aware of the unfairness, the ultimate goal of this story is to make everyone equaly valued.
    Though again, I have no idea how they would go about it, there's a looooot of way this could go very wrong (at least in my personal opinion).

Melita_H and karls like this.
  13. yserieh

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the big plot points is the tension between her eldest brother and her. They use to be close as children, but when she realize he was gay and essentially just thought it would be okay to steal her children cause he could be king, their relationship cooled down. And he's offended that she doesn't want to give him her children to raise, to be okay with him stealing her children as his. She wants him to figure out his heir issue without her being the resolution.

So he thinks she hates him and wants to take his throne... And if she does, it would only be because she doesn't want him to steal her children as his heirs. Like, the big thing in the world, is not only taking your sister's children as your own, but not even allowing the women to raise their children and just adopt them out as adult heirs. So messed up.

Which brings up another question: What happens when the sister is a lesbian? Is she forced to bear children cause being a gay male puts them above her in this world, too?

14. TripleBaka

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they expressed that they have concubines too?

15. yserieh

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the two factions in the nobles are: The cheating/take a mistress/Lover/Concubine and the other group is 1 partner/1 marriage. You can't really have "legal" concubines, you can only have (illegal) affairs if you want to have your own children if you're gay.

Melita_H likes this.
  16. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that confirmed or is that just your interpretation of what we know so far? because the reason for the tension between her and her older brother at least to my knowledge has not been revealed yet, just that they used to be close but are not anymore. And considering what has been spoiled about the hidden plot to frame her and his lover being on the fence about all the allegations around her, I think that would probably result in the lover not being very cool with the older prince and probably abandoning him - which could be the end of the novel then.

haweii likes this.
  17. yserieh

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty clear in the manga and novel that this is the biggest cause of tension between her and her brother- she doesn't want to be his baby incubator. Being viewed as womb, where you have no control over someone making you give birth and taking your child, tends to impact relationships.

18. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, this is my biggest problem with the setting, that women, particularly in high society, can be just doomed to living loveless lives if they are straight and only exist to give birth to kids that may just be taken away, reading that the MC being allowed to visit her mother is rare actually made me hate the setting a bit more, seriously, a lot of mothers can't even see their kids afterwards!?

I really hope that the main character voices how unfair this is to someone and their reaction to it.

19. TripleBaka

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read the manga and some of the novel and it’s the faction of having a straight relationship vs the gay ones. In the picture, I seen Male x Male and female x female couples (I think.) The series express that gay couples either use their sisters/female relatives or concubines to produce kids like a surrogate. That’s not exactly illegal or considered cheating. It happens a lot in otome and fantasy novels, especially the royal ones.

The mc expressed that her character originally had her brother’s kids but it doesn’t mean it’s the norm. The world building is kind of weird? It’s slow but doesn’t express enough. Like what about lesbians? There’s obviously straight people so why is she so determined to think that everyone is gay? Do bi people not exist?

20. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Not all fujoshis are like that.

Mariabela Olulo likes this.