Spoiler I am the Lucky Cat of an MMORPG

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the raws for this a good while ago, so my memories are a bit foggy on this.

Mc's pet, TinyLuckyCat (I'm gonna call the kitty Tiny for short), is a lucky cat that picks up items that monsters and other players would drop. At least, that what I have read so far.

There is this one player they run into pretty early into the story where they would drop one of their weapons and Tiny snatches that thing up right away. Causes a tiny bit of confusion between the player and MC but all is good after awhile. Its to the point where, later on in the story when they meet up again, Tiny does it again and that player is all "aaaah yes, good old Tiny. Nice to see you again."

He is the guy who laughed at MC and Tiny in the beginning of chapter 3.

Also, I am new to all this so I how this is ok.

3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Title make it seem like MC is the cat but he’s not?

4. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a sense he is.

During group battles, Tiny with it's habit of picking up most or all the drops from the defeated monster, gathers up a whole lot of stuff. The first group MC groups with for a short period of time is miffed at first, but! MC being the sweet child he is, distributes it to the other players in the group. I think that leads to them getting some good materials?

I believe that later on in the story, after MC and ML meet, they go on one of those quest stuff (don't know any gaming terms, sorry) and MC acquires an egg somehow that triggers a rare(?) game event that they, of course complete.

lazuuli, pcheshire, alexfilia and 6 others like this.
  5. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to mention, Tiny is also a rare type of pet that MC got and have a lot of functions that most pets in the game don't really have.

For instance,
    Since Tiny was given by the system of the game, MC can trade it. Not that he would. This leads to him getting a couple of enemies.
    Tiny's affection level also started out MAXED which has never happened before.

Tiny is also a greedy little shit, hence the picking up drops. I believe this is something no other pet can do. This also gets MC into a tiny bit of trouble.

6. aNonYm0U5

aNonYm0U5 I’ll do it tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did MC hide in game???

pcheshire likes this.
  7. aNonYm0U5

Reading List:
    Link
    @alexfilia
    @scriptor @winter-t @LaDyViL @Sakhyu @cici @SnowTime @MoMoePom @SummerX
    @kiara8 @readerz @krrizis @Kittsune @Shem @Toyo @Hotato @Novel otaku desu @Matsurika @kly @sinyueliang @ludagad @DarkBlue @Yuslia @clear @dustmite @smr85 @lalalyly @iampsyx @HesheFell @Kailyria20 @Shizun @Misaki Yata @Haigi @XD @xiin @PKitty @insteadofdeath @Victuuri @ShenHua @Corensi @vsukio @-kiai- @Kleep @ChuChi @Cohran @azure_sea @mereumsama @Hatchy @jadelin @Neelambori @Ami @Shizuka15 @NerdExpress @Popipopipoi @kumquatsjingleheimer @Nokiyoh @K-ralara @MikotoP @purple_mangosteen @Taida07 @Matthew9999 @Hasr11 @Rilise

@missycin @Skyelyne @blaze27 @dontwanttotell @Miri-Bell @Ezralva @DJdragone @leva @CrazedCookies @Leir @Selax @Regalia1896 @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @Nokita @maya_sov @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @pcheshire @Loriel @byebye @Vi.M @Raneday @LavenderBlizzard @psychobee @theragingpanda @Ease @LiYao @SmilePlease @li.king24 4 @Zhen_Qing

@ferrelrose @cheerydandan @Raizendeville @aNonYm0U5 @Rabbitanairy @foxymirage @LiYao @Boinkers @Khysylia @UpInTheAir @Food food @Ashie @Lisstr @blues86 @rainbowturtle @GD2318 @ahsudole @imsodone @Wildelily @Dayong9909 @Haruka1409 @WagKalimutan @GinDole @Tintl @veihakase @DeanRae @haweii @Sasakira @etern @MidnightKaito @michoux @jyuuxvii @xilainia @Fieyy-Qa @JadeBunny @Levanta @Storymonster @Ash Astin @solomaize @Ninjagal @EveningWind @Silver_Moon789 @Yukki576 @Juria @Lunnear @KazeYuki @waraa @misminor @Shigure Hakuya @LoneSoul @Grandia @YukiShiiro @ThePinkHotPot @curryninja @lifeisbittersweet @Shionismad @KuroBaraHime @shouahang58 @XiaoPingGuo @bitterblackrabbit @Ryss[/QUOTE]

pcheshire likes this.
  8. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC hide in the game because he didn't really have anyone else in his life.
    In MC's time, automobiles have gotten so good that as long as they well maintained, car related deaths are few and rare.

Unfortunately, MC's parents were killed in a car accident when, I believe, another driver did not do one of their car check ups. MC was there to witness all of this so he has quite a bit of trauma (He tenses up, can't move, etc.). The game system (pod?) that he won is set, I think in a more of the middle ages. This is paradise for someone like him who can't stand being outside where there's nothing but those cars flying(?) and moving about everywhere.

The game pod that he got was also the type where he doesn't have to worry about any physical problems such as eating and using the restroom since it was the type where his body is put into some sort of stasis.

From what I remember, after being with ML and his guide for a while. MC is invited to go to the group party(?) that, if I remember correctly, ML is hosting in the real world. Because of his fear, MC rejects it so ML goes to visit him instead.

MC tries to overcome it the day he was meeting ML by stepping outside his apartment(?) but it didn't pan out too well. After a while MC was able get back into his apartment room. ML arrived awhile later. They have a real nice moment together. The two of them hang out a couple of times before ML finds out about MC's trauma and gets really worried. He also investigates what had happened about the incident. ML was somehow able to convince MC into moving in with him. Of course, they can't do that without having MC ride a car which scares the heck out of MC and makes ML worry the fuck out.

MC was able get past this somewhat when he was being held by ML while keeping his eyes closed.

Honestly, I cannot stress how much of a sweetheart MC is. It broke my heart when I read this part of the story.

9. aNonYm0U5

Reading List:
    Link
    @Karry what was his life like before that?
    How did ML and MC get close to each other?
    Is there a big/small instigator/villain in this novel?
    What is ML's personality? and MC?

Thanks for replying to my questions!!!:love:

pcheshire likes this.
  10. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No Problem! Memories are a bit fuzzy so some of these will be a bit vague.

MC's life before the incident was a pretty normal one from what I know of. There isn't actually much info on MC's life prior other than the fact the he was a college student for a while before dropping out because of the accident.
    ML and MC actually got together because of Tiny. While MC wasn't looking, Tinycat found his way to ML, got close to him and received a gold coin from ML. MC thinking that Tiny stole it, tried to return it back to him. Of course, Typical ML style; he rich af. But ML thinks that MC's pretty cute about sending the coin back to him and got curious. There was a few more off handed encounters with one another before they took a quest together.

Because of MC's trauma and that he has that stasis game pod, he didn't like leaving the game. So during the quest, ML, who had the same game pod, stayed alongside MC so that he isn't alone. Awhile after this, MC joins ML's guide and they get even closer.THen the whole 'ML visits MC' thing happens.
    There's like two from what I remember. The first Villain would be this one player, whose game occupation I do not remember, who wanted to buy Tiny from MC since his girlfriend wanted it. MC declines which pisses him off. A few chapters later, MC runs into the dude again, jerk demands he gives Tiny, and they get into a fight. Though, it's the jerk player throwing the punches and MC taking the hits while protecting Tiny (Tiny gets real worried while this is all happening). Luckily, a friend of ML, who mtl says he goes by Old Man, comes to the rescue. Jerk isn't seen for a while after that but he does pop up again, halfway into the story I think, finds MC alone and PKs him.
    ML finds out about this a little later and is PISSSED (Also because it happened right after ML and MC separated to do things). I believe ML sends a bunch of his guild members to go PK that jerk as many as possible. We don't really hear from the guy afterwards.

Second one would be this one female player, an assassin or a magician? Forgot what exactly the reason was, but one reason why she hated was that she feels like MC insulted her or something. Some conflict happen. They meet up again way way later in the story and bullies MC. MC tries to fight back. I think it was ML who sees this happening and comes help MC. (note that MC recorded the entire exchange around the moment he saw her). Female player posts a biased video up of the incident and receives support while ML and MC receives a ton of negative comments. Fem player is basking is happiness. It don't last long though, with a help of a friend, MC posts up the full length video and everything backlashes on her.
    Don't clearly remember what happens to her in the end though.
    ML is more of the usual cold, well respect but nice to MC only type of ML.
    MC is a more reserved, kind and obedient type of person who also tries his best. Has his moment of boldness time to time too.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  11. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stumbled upon this thread by accident. Here's the rough summary of this story:

- VRMMORPG based on Ragnarok Online (so manually picking up items are a thing)
    - Story is technically a Ragnarok Online fanfic but not really since some mechanics have been changed
    - Futuristic world where automatic cars are common af
    - VR world can be entered in two ways: gaming pod and a bed with a headset
    - Gaming pods are expensive af as they are connected with pipes that provide "nutritional juices" so most people just use beds (which limits gameplay time and are still expensive)
    - Taobao is our overlord

MC: Bai XiaoYu
    IGN: LuckyCat [TU Priest turned Full Support]
    - Has past trauma from parents dying due to a car accident (driver forgot to send his car in for program maintenance)
    - Can't get out of the house as he'll break down in panic at the sight of a car
    - Poor af and relies on Taobao for everything
    - Stereotypical introverted loner little boy with a heart of gold/steel
    - Is bad with people because he doesn't really know how to talk informally/tactfully
    - Is a legit fortune cat as RNGesus will always drop rare items when he's in the party (but rarely does so when he's not in a party)

Pet MC: TinyLuckyCat
    - Black kitten
    - Ultra-ultra rare pet from game as it picks up items, attacks, and is cute/can be dressed up (Pets usually are on or the other, not all)
    - Account-bound to MC

ML: Hei QiYao
    IGN: HereticKing [DPS Knight]
    - Typical CEO ML
    - Guild Master of one of the top guilds

- MC gets a gaming pod because of a lucky draw
    - MC finally enters game after years of wanting to play but was unable to because of funds
    - Gets an UR pet cat that cannot be traded
    - Cue shenanigans as MC tries to slowly grind his way like the sad healer character he is but keeps getting blocked/bullied by players who want the UR pet cat which cannot be traded (smh, some people are dumb)
    - Issues also happen because of MC's weird fortune cat status
    - E.g. Bad Guy: I want that rare drop!
    MC: Rare drop GET in an instant.
    B.G: Kill that guy! He's bullying me! Give me that cute cat.
    ML and friends: -kills all who tries to bully MC-
    - MC joins ML's guild and becomes their lucky charm
    - MC's weird luck stat also allows him and ML to constantly be the first to discover hidden game content like hidden classes, lore and key events that open up new game content
    - ML gets romantically interested in MC
    - ML moves MC to his own home and marries him in-game and in real life
    - Happy Ending

- Selfish wizard girl who tries to manipulate players to bully MC just because MC didn't bow down to her as a submissive healer tag-along should
    - Guy who'd keep trying to kill MC in-game as he got shamed in front of his gf by MC because MC wouldn't sell the pet cat to gf
    - The other top guild's guild leader who desires MC's RNG luck (and thinks he's cute or something)
    - The slow grinding life of a healer
    - MC's trauma and introverted nature

lazuuli, Ressianne, alexfilia and 6 others like this.
  12. Sarquael

Sarquael Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy crap thank you for writing down ML name. mtl was giving me black something or kurosaki and I kept thinking about that carrot head from bleach...

13. Lilfox

Lilfox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tiny cant be traded he's account bound

14. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that. It's just a mistype.

15. _shinigami_

_shinigami_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mtl (not hoghly accurate)

So why is tiny rare?
    first the game has a game god which is level 9999 (can't remember the nines) he helps with managing the game along with the programers that are outside the game. the game god inside the game is the one responsible for generating monsters.

one day he created a companion which is a lucky cat. Now lucky cat has a human shape with all the cat ears and tail present (game god's god's asthethics).

so it goes to the beginning of the story. When BXY went to the game and registered as Lucky cat, tiny thought BXY is a part of his race hence he requested for the game god to send him to BXY. the game god agreed with the condition that tiny will not be able to have his human shape and he won't be able to speak, tiny agreed. Tiny also was the one who proposed that he will become a pet whose function is only to pick items (tiny is a hoarder, game god's palace is full of items because of tiny) .Now in order to maintain the order of the game, the game god lessen BXY's luck rate to 50% when he is on solo but will be 100%when he is in a group (might be because tiny is like a cheat). furthermore tiny had the power to revoke his pet contract with BXY if he can't get along with him. With all this conditions in place tiny was delivered to BXY.

the reason that tiny is account bound could be because it was tiny's choice.

The game god actually thought that tiny would be put in the pet space since he thought with tiny's hoarding, tiny could cause a lot of problem to his owner. But fortunately tiny is love by BXY.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    haqpiness, NotReading and wildthorn like this.
  16. _shinigami_

Reading List:
    Link
    cute: game god x tiny

so tiny keep on seeing lucky cat and heretic king kiss. Being a curious cat, tiny kisses lucky cat when lucky and heretic king is sleeping since he wants to know why his master turns red and flustered when being kissed. Seeing tiny trying to kiss lucky for the second time using his tongue, game god summoned tiny to his palace. game god asks what tiny is doing, and tiny answered that he is curious. game god then said that kissing is only done by people who are closed with each other.. tiny answered that he is close with his master. game god countered that it is with your closest person and you only have one closest person. Tiny was lost and said that he is not his master's closest person.
    game god answered that tiny has a closest person, when tiny asked who, game god mentioned himself. (sly game god >_<)

then game god asked if he wanted to try kissing and tiny answered yes. game god then proceed to french kiss tiny
    (kyaa!!! game god god tiny is so cute!!)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    NotReading and wildthorn like this.
  17. _shinigami_

Reading List:
    Link
    game god x tiny (curiosity kills the cat 2)

game god had once said to tiny that only your closest person can see you naked. hence when lucky and heretic king are about to get ecchi inside the game (married couples can do H things inside game) tiny always covers his eyes. but being curious and thinking that he is close with his master, tiny tried to peek (つ ω0) during lucky and heretic king's H. but before he could look, tiny was immediately summoned back by game god.
    and the curios tiny lucky cat was again conned by game god ^_^ with the words, wondering what they are doing?
    tiny said yes. and the game god answered that although they can't look, they can give it a try. And the tiny lucky cat was thus eaten by the game god

ggeejj, haqpiness, Dan_Niel and 4 others like this.
  18. Min-jaeji

Min-jaeji Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am wondering, in which chapter MC and ML first meet in real life? Thank you