Spoiler I became a Tyrant’s Maid / 폭군의 침방 시녀가되었다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Spoiling Queen, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Type
    Web Novel (KR)
    Genre
    Fantasy Romance

Description:
    I possessed someone.

I’ve become the maid of a future tyrant in the romance fantasy novel I have been reading about!

Still, the male lead seems to be quite satisfied with the fact that I provided him with five star hotel level services to the best of my ability so that I could survive.

”I love how everything is done. Except for that ridiculous tone of yours.”

“If there’s anything you’re not satisfied with, I’ll correct it, Your Highness”

If I don’t want to die, I have to work hard until the female lead comes.

But why does it seem like the more I work, the more twisted it gets…?

”The lady left the mansion just a while ago.”

”…What?”

The lady of the house is gone now.

“Where are you going? Didn’t you say your life belonged to me from the moment you decided to obey me?”

The male lead is going crazy. Why didn’t you catch the runaway female lead and instead catch me?

NU Link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-became-a-tyrants-maid/

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Dobokan, toleneram, Nia2760 and 10 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    Novel Raws: https://page.kakao.com/home/폭군의-침방-시녀가-되었다/56355067

Spoilers (Thanks to @NohrNeir for spoilers)
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  3. Spoiling Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an ongoing novel with 106 chapters in Korean and 2 chapters translated in English with prologue.
    So, please spoil.:p:blobokhand::blobpopcorn_cool:

Qistinaaa and Guide1410 like this.
  4. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading all available translations, I'm impressed at how calm MCs portrayal/acting is, I mean even if she had to tell herself it was a dream the first time, if I was in her shoes, since I'm scared of blood, I might've overreact and die right there (training nowadays must've been very impressive for her to keep a poker face), much less the second time + dealing with the kitchen staff. Speaking of which, why would ML complain about the time, unless I got it wrong, MC wasn't supposed to be the one who brought his food but the fact she survived cleaning his room means all work related to his room now goes through her (give her a raise btw. Girl could die at any moment)

5. Spoiling Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me where did you read it, I can't find more chapters.:bloboh:

6. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    The NU link is literally the first post.

7. Spoiling Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay and thanks for the discription.

Hypothon likes this.
  8. Dvenger

Dvenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have any more spoilers? I guess this has been dropped and i can't seem to find the novel for free anywhere :(.

9. Spoiling Queen

Reading List:
    Link
  10. morranstillscaresme

morranstillscaresme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    jesus his fingers is so f--king long

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  11. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another drpoed tyrant novel for me to yearn for.

12. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    ”The lady left the mansion just a while ago.”
    ”…What?”
    "The lady of the house is gone now."
    “Where are you going? Didn’t you say your life belonged to me from the moment you decided to obey me?”

The male lead is going crazy. Why didn’t you catch the runaway female lead and instead catch me?

(She never ran away and even when it came to the FL of the og novel, she was barely mentioned.)

around chapter 1-48 summaries

Somehow she ended in another world as Rose. She would read Rose's diary to know of her daily tasks. Rose was given poison by the duke to kill Kallix, the Crowned Prince, but she knows Kalix is the male lead in the ognovel. There's no way she can do that so she never used it on him though. Instead she decided to do her job well using her experience as a staff in a 5 star hotel in her previous world. She was able to get the chefs who didn't like her previously to be friendly with her. It was when she would write in the diary, she somehow would be informed of things by the diary. The diary told her about where the poison is and she wondered if it's poison used to kill her or for her to kill the prince.

Kallix gets suspicious of Rose and tested her various times. She saved him from an assassin sent by the duke, by using the Duke's poison on the assassin instead. He later interrogated her connection with the duke knowing she had received the poison from the duke before. She told him she had wanted to be loyal to him from the beginning. Rose took it as an interview process as she's trying to land a job working under him. Somehow he liked her work and would look forward to seeing her so he would go get his meal earlier. Rose who is professional with her job usually prep the meal earlier so now she have to also prep it even earlier because he kept coming earlier. He also had her accompany him to his office. She's starting to feel like his secretary.

Kallix told her to get an invitation to a masquerade auction event and she was able to with the help of a kitchen staff, Aaron who was said to be the grandson of an information guru bookstore owner (but he's actually a dragon that killed the real Aaron a few years ago and had been posing as Aaron). The illegal event is hosted under the 3rd prince.

Kallix took Rose to the event as his partner and they pretended to be couples. He asked her for a dance and she thought he was turning crazy as he was acting flirtatious with her. He even "bought" her a white deer from one of the auctions. When they went to get their item, they released the deer which turned out to be a male elf. The elf helped them using his magic abilities to find a hidden passage that led to a secret place where evidence was found linking the 3rd prince to the illegal auctions.

During the process of escaping, Rose jumped in front of an arrow to protect Kallix. Ruel came to back them up and the elf escaped. After this Ruel is super suspicious of her and tried to hill her but Kallix stopped him. Kallix gave her a bunch of expensive potion to drink to heal her from the arrow. The other staff start to realize she's being favored since not only is she getting higher pay, she also gets days off to rest. On the other hand, Rose tried to make more money so she got help from Aaron to find a place to sell things.

There's a festival in the kingdom. The royal family have a competition where the princes will compete against each other getting monster kills. Kallix who couldn't leave his palace alone, left Ruel in charge while he went to the temple with Rose. He only trusted 2 people so it's either Ruel or Rose. Also Rose is from a noble family so people thought he was using her for that since the other princes would also bring noble families to help with their kills. Rose carried a lot of luggage.

The pope gave the princes each a white sword. Kallix is the Crowned Prince and then there are 3 other princes. The swords get darker with each monster that it kills.

Somehow they encountered a bunch of monsters, and their hideout got invaded. Kallix hold back the monsters to let Rose retreat. She got kidnapped by a Count that was with the 3rd prince. Rose thinks he got the wrong hostage and she tried to escape by spraying tearing fluid at his face. He got upset and tried to catch her. Rose ran back to Kallix. He complimented her on her use for pepper spray but she felt embarrassed as it's not pepper spray but some liquid that makes people tear up. After he knocked out the Count, the 3rd prince (a junior high schooler age) showed up to try to attack Kallix, but he failed with his clumsy attacks. 3rd Prince ended up stuck to a tree trembling. Rose was able to persuade him not to kill the 3rd prince.

A huge monster appeared and Kallix told Rose to wake up the Count to help them. Kallix thought the count and 3rd prince were the reason the monsters came to their hideout. The monster got bigger. Rose think they should try to find another hideout but Kallix isn't sure where else there would be another hideout. More monsters came. SO it seemed the 3rd prince baited all the monsters to come to them and the 2nd prince performed some Mauricias (dark god) ritual somewhere so get more monsters. He also noticed his clothes is bloody so he took off his shirt.

Rose felt bad for Kallix who had enemies everywhere so she decided she will care for him until the female lead shows up. Kallix thinks they will die and she reassured him, she's not dead yet so she have no regret with her choice to side with him.

As the day turned darker, night approached and Kallix was wondering if they should set up a fire, but Rose was glad she brought a lantern with her for light. Kallix finds her usefulness. Rose said she will try to be more useful to him but he teased her what can she do with no physical strength. When he looked at his bloody pants. Rose screamed at him that he can't take that off. Monsters continued to come in droves of 10. Kallix was getting exhausted and it even started to rain. She wanted to use her diary to help him but couldn't use it in front of him. Suddenly Kallix got hit by an arrow. Rose turned off the lantern as she realized there's a person nearby aiming for Kallix.

She helped a faintish Kallix in the dark and was able to use her diary to help them find a hideout (by following a butterfly) and herbs to cure his poison from the arrow. Rose tried to feed him medicinal herbs. She then forcefully removed the arrow from him as he cursed out and screamed in pain and passed out. She then applied herb on the area.

Kallix woke up as she was wiping him down. He almost screamed in embarrassment from her touching him all his chest and shoulder. He couldn't hold it in anymore and grabbed her hand to stop her. When she realized he was awake, she handed him some water to drink. Kallix then noticed where they are, a sanctuary like place that appears in legends where bunch of manastone lit up the ceiling. Kallix is suspicious how she was able to find the place and cure him, but she lied that she knew a herbalist from somewhere. He didn't question her further. She fed him sweet potato and Kallix thought to himself how useful Rose is.

Rose thinks he will win the festival since he had been killing a lot of monsters thanks to the 2nd prince's ritual. Since they can't return back to the temple with him not wearing a shirt or he might look like a pervert, she gave him some shirt that travelers wore. Rose continued her 5 star services as she gave him breakfast and he complimented on her usefulness. She thanked him and told him she will work harder. Kallix smiled from the response.

Back at the temple, the other princes were amazed he was still alive. Kallix mocked his brothers that he was able to come back alive while their expressions froze. At the temple children take care of the guests. Rose thought she would finally be able to rest, but Kallix asked where she is going and told her he's not taking any risks, and what if the children tried to kill him. She laughed thinking he's crazy. He made her stay in his room saying it's big enough. When he was about to go take a bath, she thought she would have to provide him bathing services as well. Kallix's face turned pale from her answer and told her to wait at their room, not follow him. He told her to stay there unless if she wants to be kidnapped. Rose realized he was worried about her.

Suffice to say, Kallix won first place since his sword was black while the other three princes' swords were gray. During the ceremony, Rose realized a strange gaze from the pope looking at her. The 1st prince tried to talk to her thinking Kallix brought her along as a lady since she's a noble, but she told him she came as Kallix's maid. Kallix exchanged 'pleasantries' with his brothers. The emperor didn't even pay attention to his son and was focusing on Rose for some reason. Rose introduced herself to the emperor. He asked about her maid job. She complimented Kallix's fighting skills for the cause of helping her come back alive. Kallix made an excuse that Ruel is not feeling so he had to bring Rose and she was able to survive thanks to her skills in herbalism, then mentioned being injured by an arrow. The emperor laughed at the response and then turned stiff.

Kallix told her to come to his room in the future with Ruel. She can use her bedroom maid position to enter his bedroom. He told her to also read up the books from his shelves. He's trying to make her more useful. Rose blamed her too competent skills from the modern world making her being used more here. When he brought up that he will raise her salary, she couldn't hide her excited expression. He laughed at her expression and told her in the future he will personally pay her salary and handed her small box with a man's ring inside. Rose is pleased with the expensive payment and expressed her loyalty.

Rose wondered if she even have to work so hard when Kallix will end up as emperor anyway based on the novel she read. She had a conversation with Aaron. They talked about destiny and fate. He told her an ordinary person cannot change their fate. (Note, he said ordinary as Rose isn't ordinary and later on it'll be revealed that people from different dimension/world can change the fate of their world.) A maid tried to bully Rose since she had been aiding Kallix. Rose then asked Aaron to help her tonight and told him to come to her room tonight. He got embarrassed and wondered something indecent, when she then rebuked him and hit him to shut up.

That night Milla told Rose, she's being favored by Kallix and people think she's the prince's mistress. Rose hit Aaron as she wondered out loud what he sees in her. Because the maids tried to pour soup on her earlier, she decided to get Milla and Aaron's help to pour in positive rumors about Kallix. She told them that he only kills people that try to assassinate him, using herself as a reason since she haven't been killed. Rose knows the maids and the duke sided with the 1st prince. She told them that they just have to side with Kallix instead. Rose is going to take charge of the staff and become the management. They will all fall inline under Kallix.

There is one maid they can't get rid of though, the one who worked as his nanny before, and now works for the 1st prince. When she brought up the topic to Kallix about her plans, he got interested and said it seemed like she's having big dreams in trying to take control of his palace. Rose got nervous and he lifted up her chin. She told him she's just working on his reputation. he didn't order her to do it, but she still went and did it for him, so he liked it. He let her do it herself and take responsibilities if it fails.

Rose was talking to Milla and Aaron about the duke's illegitimate child (ogFL). There was a rumor going around about the Duke's illegitimate child with a maid. A maid got mad at the rumors and they started to wonder if she had a relationship with the Duke. She tried to pretend there was nothing. Rose questioned her if she think her relationship with the Duke will save her when the 1st prince's power declines. She revealed the duke was the one who sent her poison to kill Kallix. She questioned why they're following the duke's orders when they're servants of the Imperial palace.

Kallix who was silently watching was stunned. A story about a filthy love story between a maid and a duke, and a young prince that was betrayed because his nanny was blinded by love. Aaron helped Rose bring in the maids and Rose had Kallix interrogate them. Some started to reveal their sin and they all asked for punishment. Kallix tried to hold in his laughter as Rose's acting. He thought to himself if he had known there was a maid like her, he would have taken her to his side earlier. He was thinking of punishing the maids by killing them, when Rose stopped his hand holding a sword. She told him that he doesn't have to dirty his hands and let Ruel handle it. Ruel didn't like it but took them away.

Rose recalled the ognovel where Kallix will fall in love at first sight with ogFL at the crowning ceremony. She just have to survive until then.

She asked Aaron for sleeping scent. She then went to pay a visit to see the maid after putting the guards to sleep. She interrogated the maid, Tasha, why she sent her to Kallix. It was because she was the poorest and most stupid maid there.

Rose wasn't able to get much info from her. She still can't tell what the diary is. She started getting upset at the diary and wonder where she'll be able to find a mage to Kallix (she said Kallix since whenever she asks a personal question, the diary won't answer her). The diary told her that there's a race that supports the darkness called elf that can help Kallix. It's hard to find elves since they hate people who worship the light, but the Melery (later revealed he's someone who hid himself inside the diary to get Rose to partake in awakening the god of darkness) gave her a compass in the guise of a pocket watch to help her find where they live.

Rose also asked what's the most dangerous thing for Kallix and the diary answered dragon. She didn't think she would have to go on a dragon raid though. When asking about dragon and Kallix's relationship, it tells her that there are 3 absolutes in the world- gods, spirit kings, and dragons. (Absolutes are creatures that are most powerful existences in the world, but since they're creatures that existed in this world, they are still bound by the laws of this world. Rose who isn't someone of this world have the ability to change the fate and thus actually more powerful than them. Will reveal more on this later on when it gets to that point of the novel.)

Rose was able to convince Kallix not to kill the maid as it would lower his reputation further, especially since currently the power of the 1st prince and the duke are too great. Kallix didn't like hearing that as it hurts his pride but as Rose continued to praise him for letting her live despite finding out that she was suppose to work with the assassin on attempting to kill him. His face picked up from her compliment when she said he's the best of the 4 princes. To continue her convincing to Kallix, she brought up a demonstration using the tea leaves and water following the teachings of Xunzi. Basically she showed him that the leaf (boat) can only move with the water underneath it and nobles are just oars to help the boat move faster but the main source they need are the people. Their goal is to appease the people and in turn, the nobles will all follow what the people wish for and then side with him. (In the actual Xunzi teaching, it's to say the emperor's goal is to work for the people as the people can also overturn the emperor if they're not satisfied. Water can move the boat, but can also overturn the boat.) Rose continued to show the demonstration as she tip the cup over to show that the people can also ruin the monarchy. Kallix will have to let the maid and duke live to show he's not as violent as the people think of him. Rose's goal is to make him not a tyrant. Kallix liked her analogy though she couldn't tell her they were teachings taken from her world. He told her she's one of his now and her life is his.

The 1st prince's mother, Empress Maidas, sent Kallix to Dessat. He was enraged and wanted to kill her. Their current side doesn't look too good as the 3rd prince had given up the throne and sided with the 1st prince to gain safety. Due to this, Empress Maidas got more power and put up a plan to send Kallix to Dessat, a desert country, for a diplomatic exchange. Originally it was a task the 1st prince had to do but due to the empress gaining power, now the job fell to Kallix. Ruel blamed Rose and told Kallix it's a bad idea for him to keep Rose around. Kallix and Ruel glared at each other as they argue over Rose's position. Ruel doesn't like Rose's suggestion to keep the 1st prince's people alive around them. Kallix informed him that Rose is under his jurisdiction so he's going to bring her along for the mission. She didn't want to have to follow him but she kept a fake professional smile in agreeing with her client. Thus she packed a lot once again for the trip.

Rose helped Kallix applied sunscreen and put on a scarf to avoid the sand. Kallix isn't sure why she's doing all that and she lied about reading a book about how to survive in the desert, when she actually watched a series on it. She didn't bother to give Ruel a scarf, but since she doesn't want to sit in the carriage with Kallix or know how to ride a horse on her own, she had to ride with Ruel. They brought guards that were paid commoners with them, since Kallix doesn't have any nobles siding him, but he has lots of wealth so he just paid for people to work under him. The travelling will take a week. The mission was given by the empress to try to prove Kallix's incompetence.

As they're travelling Ruel wondered how she does it since Kallix isn't someone easy to serve. She just told her she's not just anyone. She told him that she is well informed since she read the history books Kallix gave her. She then handed him a scarf and he was surprised, and she told him that she had lied to him earlier since she can tell Ruel doesn't like her. Ruel realized she was just being petty with him and she put the scarf on him. (Before anyone starts questioning, he's not 2nd ML here, even though he is 2nd ML in the ogNovel.)

Thanks to Rose's huge luggage, she was able to continue to serve Kallix well. She cooked him a nutritious meal using herbs she brought. He told her to sit down and she tried to say how can she sit before him, but then he questioned if she's trying to make him repeat himself. She sat before him and he told her that starting tomorrow she will travel by carriage with him. He won't hear of her excuses either and tell her not to give meaning to it. She said she didn't. He started to shove food into his mouth shamelessly. No one questioned their master's dignity. Rose continued to treat him as her client and he wondered why she kept asking and think she have a knack of pissing people off deliberately.

Ruel came with an old man. The old man wanted to speak with Kallix to get Kallix to take his people in as his country's citizen since where they're living currently is not suitable for people to live. They're a group of nomadic people under 100, driven out of Dessat. Kallix doesn't see any benefits in helping them. Also it is questionable why they got thrown out of Dessat. Kallix took Rose with him back to the barracks. He reaffirmed to her that they're close and told her that they will try to come again to her. He gifted her a dagger (later on she finds out it's a very expensively made dagger with manastones embedded into it). He told her to stab them if they try to scam her or call the knights. She doesn't think they will attack her but took the knife anyway. He's sure they will go to her even though she thinks the people with power are Kallix or Ruel so she's useless, and he reminded her that she's the one who is closest to her since he's the one who allowed to ride the carriage with him tomorrow. He told her to find out what they want and what they're hiding.

As Kallix, predicted, they sent someone, a young lady to try to persuade Rose. Rose followed her to find more information about them for Kallix. She barely got enough sleep so she kept yawning the next day. Ruel questioned why she's riding the carriage and she made some excuse that Kallix was bored from the long carriage ride, then told him to ride the carriage with Kallix instead of her. Kallix questioned her about it and when she told him, Kallix frowned with a glance at Ruel as if he was unpleasant. He told her to stop saying ridiculous things and follow him. She was dragged and shoved into the carriage. Her heavy luggage was also thrown into the carriage. When he asked about it she started informing him about UV rays. He got confused and she retracted her words as she remembered people don't know about UV light here.

She gave him sunscreen to apply but then he got embarrassed at his tantrum and ordered her to apply it for him as he stretched out his hand to her. She also applied some on his face.

Dessat is a country with very strong imperial rule since there is no temple. Rose had read something from his history books that Dessat rejects wizards since it's against their god. Kallix questioned if they're wizards and she told him they're not. They're one of the few tribes that was accused of treason by Dessat's current emperor. Kallix contemplate whether to even help them since being kicked for treason is questionable. The tribe is currently living in the deserts of their Fosnia Empire, where people wouldn't normally survive. Neither not sure what to do.

Kallix told her to go sleep since her eyes kept being half closed. She didn't want to sleep in front of him but she eventually did. And when she woke up, their carriage was in the air being carried off by a griffin. Griffins like shiny things and the carriage was decorated in gold so it took it. Kallix had been yelling at her to wake up but she managed to sleep through it all. Kallix had her wrapped around his arms to prevent her from falling off. Rose clung tightly to her luggage since she need her diary. Also she brought a lot of useful things. Even though the situation seem dire, she reassured him they will arrive safely. Kallix stared at her with trembling eyes. Rose was confused as he told her she have a knack for making people bewitched as he stroke her cheek.

Thanks to Kallix holding her in his arm, they were able to land safely at the griffin's nest. He covered her mouth as he noticed the griffins are about to go hunting soon and they'll have to try to escape out of the carriage. He kept his hand holding her wrist to keep them together. Rose wondered if such a situation was normal for the male lead or maybe things got distorted because of her. It's already the 3rd time Kallix have been in danger, the temple event and the slave trade auction place. Rose felt guilty and asked Kallix if he experienced things like this before. He told her it'll be better if she doesn't talk and she's being noisy. He then told her it's something he experience every year so if she decided to side with him, she better be prepared. Rose then looked at him pitifully, and he blushed from his staring. She thought he turned red from the heat and tried to fan him with her fan. He told her to stop and told her to not fall from his side as the griffins are about to leave their nests.

Rose grabbed her luggage. Kallix carefully opened the door and his hand holding her hand was so tight it hurts. Then he signaled to her after some time and pulled her to escape. They stopped at paths diverging and pondered which way to go as both will encounter griffin as there are two griffins in the nest. Rose think he should be strong but he looked grimly at her comment. It was then Rose noticed a skeleton in the pile of animal carcasses holding a map. Rose took it excitedly as she's sure it's a treasure map. Well since they're at griffins nest, there's bound to be treasure.

They map showed a secret passage the treasure hunters had dug up. Kallix was able to understand the map with his knowledge in foreign language. The two griffins found them and flew at them. Rose went into the tunnel with Kallix following behind her as the griffin then tried to dig into the tunnel with its beak. Rose tried to pull him towards her to keep him away from the griffin. Kallix took her hand and dragged her deeper into the tunnel. They realized from the map they're already already close to Dessat but they can't go there unattended without the treaty plans. Kallix's position is getting worse. The 1st and 2nd prince can gain momentum in this. Rose still continued to reassure him they will get there and not to give up. She promised to devote herself to help him get out of this place.

It was then the floor cracked and giant earthworm like monsters came out from the ground at them. The ground they were on fell and Kallix embraced her while trying to cover her head as they went crashing down. Miraculously she survived from the long fall. They had fell into water so she dragged him along with her luggage out. Luckily her bad was leather so the things inside remained dry. Unfortunately Kallix wasn't breathing. She had learned CPU before as a staff for safety procedures in hotel. She had never had to use it in practice before though but she went and hope for the best.

Kalix was saved and he woke up recalling the deathworms had attacked them. Rose was screaming at him to wake up and he had no choice but to wake up. He had gotten used to seeing her pink hair. He rubbed his eyes awake as he saw her trying to grope around his body to make sure he's fine while crying. Kallix trembled from her touch. Rose told him, he have to warm up so she have to gather things to make a fire. Kallix stared in amazement at her using the dagger he gave her to cut branches. It was a dagger he gave to protect herself, and even if it wasn't that it was a dagger he received as a token for becoming a man and right now it's being used to tear down bushes.

Kallix saw her check on her diary, relieved it's safe. He had seen her carry that diary with her everywhere before. He kept watch on Rose. Rose manage to make the fire. There was no problem. The only problem was that she was busily moving around while she herself wasn't in a good state. She was taking care of him and grabbing his hand, saying his hands are cold, but Kallix is more worried about her since her hand felt colder and it was Rose, not him, whose lips are blue. She kept trying to take care of him and he ordered her to stop and grabbed her to seat her next to him.

Kallix kept wondering about his maid. He was sure he had drowned and died from the lake. Also somehow her luggage seemed fine. He was sure his heart had stopped beating before. He could feel it from the mana in his heart that had been trapped in his heart for a while. How was she able to do what a pope can't even do. He felt Ruel was right that she is suspicious but he can't do anything but think of his maid who kept worrying about him while she's shivering to death. It's better to keep her alive as a maid is more useful alive, so he pulled her into his lap and held her in his arms. Rose grumbled embarrassed asking what he's doing. He told her to be still unless if she wants to freeze to death. She started to talk about men and women, and he called her noisy.

She eventually stopped struggling. Her pink hair tickled his lips as he's embracing her from behind her. It was a weird feeling. He can feel her body from the wet clothes that stick to her and her body temperature close to him. His heart started beating. As for Rose, she's not sure why he's holding her. He was right to try to warm her up though as she realized belatedly her body temperature had been dropping, but she's starting to feel fine now. They wondered if Ruel will reach Dessat without them. Their schedule is already delayed. He's sure they can find a wizard to help them with communication when they get there. Rose wondered how they'll find a wizard at Dessat when the country is against wizards. Kallix said it's a large country so they're bound to find some hiding.

Rose decided to change out of her maid uniform. There's too much frills and it had soaked in a lot of water. She told Kallix to turn around. His expression went stiff. Kallix asked aren't the contents in the bag wet and she made some excuse that it's leather so they're dry inside. He nodded as if convinced. She put on some clothes given to her from Aaron. They were clothes she used as pajamas since there's no pajamas in this world and it's uncomfortable for her to wear a dress to sleep.

When he saw what she was wearing he started pointing his finger at her. She made some excuse that she only have pajamas with her so it can't be helped, but he doesn't know what she's talking about since there's no such word as 'pajama' in this world, so he asked her where and who she got the clothes from. He then questioned if it's the kitchen staff and she asked how he knew. Rose was surprise he knows of Aaron's existence. Kallix stared at her stunned. Rose tried to reason with him that the clothes are comfortable, but he doesn't want to hear of it. He avoided her gaze as he kept frowning. When she kept staring, he wondered what it is and she told him that if he keep frowning, he'll get wrinkles between his brows as he gets older.

They still have 3 weeks until the festival begins in Dessat so they decided not to rush. Also they have a map with them so they already felt secure of the way to Dessat. Rose would write in her diary at night when Kallix sleeps. She would ask it to help him get to Dessat safely. Melery informed her they're in the leviathan's cave. She have to look at the mushrooms growing around to cave to know of the leviathan's sleeping cycle. When it turns red, it's when the leviathan is most active. However, when the leviathan sleeps, it's when the crystal ants are busy breeding. So they'll have to deal with ant monsters or leviathan. They'll have to wake up the leviathan if they doesn't want to deal with the ants. To wake it up, they'll have to squeeze out 10 mushroom for its juice and throw it into the lake.

When Kallix woke up, she had prepared some mushroom juice in advance. It was then they saw giant ants coming at them. They ran to escape. Rose asked him what he's more confidant in dealing with, a bunch of crystal ants or 1 leviathan. He frowned thinking she's joking around, but he told her 1 leviathan. She then threw the can of mushroom into the lake. As they avoid the ants' attacks, the ground melted and the cave began to vibrate. Kallix asked what she did and she laughed and diverted her gaze. She reminded him of what he said and then reassured him that she believed in him. Kallix then hugged her hastily and ran for the wall as the leviathan came up asking who disturbed his sleep. Kallix asked if she's crazy and she trembled as she gave him a thumbs up to reassure him it's fortunate that it's just one leviathan. He got speechless.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  13. Cerealisa

Cerealisa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whooaaa thank you for spoiler :aww::aww:

Fictionaddiction and NohrNeir like this.
  14. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. I like this MC. She works hard and is quite an active player the story. Thanks once again.

NohrNeir and Malacat like this.
  15. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    around chapter 48-67

The leviathan was the natural enemy of the crystal ants so he easily killed them with a breath of fire. Rose was trembling in fear as she clutched her bag and tried to get Kallix to be silent. They started to bicker as Kallix wonder if this is a new assassination plan of hers where they both die together. She planned to live a long life though. He questioned her about why she was giving him a thumbs up then (that gesture doesn't exist in his world). She explained it to him but he think it's more absurd to be used in this situation.

Rose heard dragon races are intelligent creatures so she think they can resolve it with conversation. He thinks her brain had ran off, and she refuted him that her brain had always been in its place. He touched her head and laughed. Rose thinks he's the one who had gone crazy. Even her convincing didn't work as Kallix prepared himself to fight a losing battle with the leviathan. Rose can imagine a scenario where Kallix easily insulted the leviathan and get attacked. She didn't want that to happen so she volunteered to go instead. He ordered her to stay still and grabbed her in his embrace, but as they continued to bicker, the leviathan caught sight of them. Kallix immediately moved her away and grabbed his sword ready to attack.

Kallix yelled at her to run away but she didn't. She yelled out to the leviathan to solve it with communication. The leviathan stopped its movement in an instant and tilted its head to look at Rose. When Rose told him that she's the one who woke him up, the leviathan turned his full attention to her. She was able to convince it that she had no intention to kill it or steal its treasure. The leviathan wondered if Vivi sent them then. Rose played along even though she doesn't know who Vivi is. The leviathan thinks Vivi wasn't able to get to him because of the other monsters so he ordered them to bring Vivi to him. He spit out a strange blue jewel told her it'll fend off the monsters. When he spit the jewel out, their clothes also got sticky from his saliva.

Kallix who had been suppressing anger the whole time, finally rebuked her after they left. He took off his shirt and Rose immediately tried to cover her eyes. He asked her why she bothered covering them if she's going to peak through her fingers. Before she can continue to bring up proverbs, he asked for her pajamas with an unpleasant expression. She was going to comment they were clothes she had worn but he didn't care asking her if she expects him to continue wearing sticky clothes. She reluctantly gave him her cherished pajamas and it was obvious to her it'll fit Kallix more even though Aaron is smaller than Kallix.

He took the fist size crystal from her and believed the leviathan had been producing it for hundreds of years. It was something dangerous to make since it requires them to pull out mana from their own body to produce it. It can be said normally there's no reason for monsters to produce it as it's something that is used as artifacts, so it's for humans to use. It's rare to obtain one naturally as most of the time the stone is obtained by capturing monsters and forcing them to produce the stone. They're usually placed into weapons, so for a leviathan to create it naturally, he must've tried to protect something with it.

Suddenly Kallix drew closer to her and as she tried to distance herself, she tripped over moss and he caught her waist. As his face got closer he started to question her how she knew how to wake up the leviathan. She made up some excuse that she's someone lucky. He obvious knew that was a bad lie. She continued her lie while keeping formality with him. He wondered why she doesn't speak comfortably with him as she had done before, even saying he would forgive her for it, and he laughed. Rose thinks he had really gone crazy. It was the first time she had seen him laugh so openly and happily. Usually he just laughs frantically or out of madness. She started to pity him once more. He asked her why she's giving him that look. He pulled her closer and told her the path is rough so to prevent her from falling, she should come closer, then forbid her from bringing up something about status or opposite gender relationships.

Rose isn't sure why he's pretending to be nice all of a sudden and find it uncomfortable. Also he's acting very awkward. He kept pulling her up and telling her to be careful. They realized they've been smelling rotten body for some time now. Kallix thinks they should head there. Rose thinks he's crazy for trying to head to a dead body. She's scared of seeing corpses as oppose to skeletons since it have decayed flesh and muscle tissues on them. Kallix told her, she just have to cover her eyes and he then covered her eyes with his hand. She went sarcastic on him and he didn't like her reaction, walked ahead. After a few minutes of silence she asked him if he was offended by her actions and she will correct it. He told her to stop.

Kallix told her to cover her eyes but she can already see ahead at the corpses of monsters. There was a terrible odor. When he questioned why she didn't close her since as he told her to, she told him she's fine. They noticed some traps written out in an ancient Braham language. It seemed they've entered the leviathan's nest given the unexpected number of magic circles. They'll have to destroy those circles. He aimed his sword at a spot and kept attacking it to break it. After breaking one, he staggered, tired, and told Rose to do the same for the rest. Rose isn't sure how she can do it when the strongest character already felt overwhelmed. She tried to question his thoughts about it, when suddenly he embraced her and rolled to the floor to avoid laser beam that was aiming over her head.

He complained about her strength, but then noticed her knee was bleeding and started to get mad at her for not telling him earlier. Rose, on the other hand, didn't even noticed it before and think it's not a big deal. Kallix told her not to follow him from now on. She questioned how a servant can't follow her master. He frowned as he felt bad over it. Kallix thinks she can find a way to break the magic circles quickly since she's smart. He smiled bitterly at her and she felt bad realizing he's just a poor prince who can be sad like a normal person. She asked him how a maid can know magic and he asked her if she really thought she's just a maid. Rose looked at his hand that's holding her hand and seeing all his calluses made her feel bad. She wondered if she should run away, but she decided she wanted to help him. When she asked who she is to him then, he reminded her that she's his person.

Rose decided to look to her diary for me, but as she touched her diary, the magic circle broke on its own. When she encountered such a solution, she ran around to break all the other magic circles. Kallix looked at her suspiciously as she made some excuse that it was due to his existence. He didn't question her though. She hope she wouldn't get revealed since what if they treat her like an alien and start doing experiments on her.

Kallix pushed a heavy stone away to reveal a dead woman floating in the air surrounded by blue feathers, a stream of water and tons of crystals similar to what the dragon and coughed up for them. The woman was stabbed by a spear and the gems were all piled up like a mountain. Rose wondered how a leviathan who isn't like a perfect dragon, would have habits of collecting things. It seemed like it could've been an actual dragon. Kallix told her its intelligence is inferior compare to other dragons so its more like a child. They figured that woman must be Vivi, but she's dead and from her clothes Braham clothes they can tell she's been dead for more than 400 years. There were also some rotten food nearby. It seems the leviathan had brought her food not knowing she's been dead. When Kallix touched the woman's hand, the image of the woman disappeared and all that was left was skeleton.

Vivian was the last princess of the Braham. Legends had it the kingdom was invaded by Revelon during a war 400 years ago. A dragon was brought to help with the war and it destroyed thousands of Revelon soldiers but in the end Revelon still won the war. The princess ended up fleeing to the leviathan's nest but was struck by enemies and died. The leviathan that was raised by the princess must've went insane and shocked from her death and kept denying her death. Kallix believes it's time for him to know the truth.

They brought her skeleton to the leviathan. The leviathan immediately turned into a young man and went to embrace the skeleton that was wrapped in cloth. He was asking Vivi why she's so skinny when he had been bringing her food. Rose found it odd since she's not skinny but just a skeleton. The leviathan turned into a madman as it started telling her not to be picky with food and wondering why she's not answering him. Rose doesn't think it's a pet-owner relationship from what was shown. Somehow his image and actions were similar to Kallix from the ognovel, when Kallix was holding his mother who had died when he was a child.

Kallix who felt ominous of the situation, hold Rose's hand tighter and when the leviathan touched her hand and the skeleton got revealed, he roared out in anger. Kallix decided to finally tell him that she's been dead and the country that took over her country had long since disappeared as well. Kallix then covered her eyes as the leviathan pulled out a sword from his spine and stabbed himself. When Kallix released his hand, she can see the human form leviathan embracing the skeleton with a bone like knife to his heart.

Kallix thought she wouldn't like to see dead bodies but she's fine. They decided to take some of the leviathan's treasure with them. Maybe they can get some treasure that would help them with their diplomatic exchange. He reached and took her luggage, then started to pick up rare items and put them in her bag. When he asked her what she would like, she talked about the pendant in his hand and then out of nowhere all she could hear was him screaming to her to wake up. She thought she was going to die.

When she woke up she realized that she had just fainted randomly became of mana reflex in her body even though she doesn't have mana. It was odd. All her luggage had been scattered all over the place from where he dropped them. He gave her some water to drink and told her to get on his back so he can carry her. She felt embarrassed but he wouldn't hear of her excuses. Before she could say more, he lifted her up like a bag of rice and in the end she ended up right on his back as he told her. The cave had collapsed while she had fainted so he had carried her out. The map she had taken helped him escape and they're already at Dessat. They've arrived faster than she had thought.

Rose thanked him and continue to promise her loyalty to server him well. Kallix complained about her noisiness, but Rose was filled with determination to show him the competence of a modern day employee.

Since they can't enter Dessat with Kallix as such, they decided to go in disguise. They can't have his reputation get ruined any further. Kallix brought out some identity cards that he was able to obtain from the dead adventurers in the cave. He also gave her a necklace to help her speak the Dessat language. Rose was amazed at the necklace and decided to test it as well. She spoke something in Korean and he was able to understand her fully. When she asked if he's really giving it to her, he got embarrassed and asked if she thought he gave it to her. She was grateful for it and thanked him. Kallix's ear turned red.

At the gate, Rose got scared they might look suspicious, but the guard thought they were couples so Rose pretended to be newlywed couples visiting Dessat. Rose crossing Kallix's arm and he looked confused and turned his face away. The guard though the groom is being shy and Rose said he's actually very blunt. Kallix's ear turned red and Rose found it refreshing. Kallix continued to stare blankly with a red face as Rose talked to the guard about their relationship. When the guard asked what they plan to do at Dessat, it was Kallix who intercepted and annoyingly asked why they should tell him. Rose's expression went stiff and she made up some excuse that he's jealous so he's being annoyed. She then held his hand and tried to sooth him. The guard decided to stop bothering them and let them enter.

Rose wondered why he's being like that all of a sudden. Still his face remained red the whole time even now. Rose told him that she was only doing it to get passed the checkpoint so if he doesn't like it, he can tell her. He asked her who said he hated it. Rose then, got embarrassed. Kallix that refuted and said it's good to pretend to be a couple so he held out his hand as if to escort her. Rose sense some weird sort of excitement coming from him and wonder if he's fine, but she took his hand anyway and tried to cover her smile. Kallix told her for the time being their status will be nulled. Rose asked what kind of wife he would like so she will match to it. The thought made her heart pound.

They went to shop for new clothes and she helped him get new clothes. Needless to say, Kallix was good looking so it was fun dressing him. They also have a lot of funds from the treasure they took from the leviathan. When Kallix tells her to buy her own clothes, she told him she already bought them. Rose actually prefer Dessat's fashion over Fosnia's since no frills and lighter. She also actually prefer a more casual wild look on Kallix than a noble look.

When asked if she need pajamas, she told him that she can just wear what she bought. He didn't seem to know pajamas are meant to be comfortable so when she told him it's good that way, he frowned. Kallix then looked around and dragged her as he told her, he'll give her his clothes when they return back to the palace. At that moment, Rose thought he must've gone crazy from heatstroke or something. Kallix told her that the material of his clothes are better than commoner's clothes so it'll make better pajamas. Rose then felt his forehead, but it seemed normal. She asked him what would others think if they see her wearing his clothes, so he told her he'll present it so others won't question about it. Rose rejected it. Kallix got upset and asked why his clothes aren't fine but the smoker's (Aaron smokes and Kallix never calls him by his name) clothes are fine. Rose was stunned Kallix knows Aaron smokes. She praised him for his knowledge and Kallix seemed annoyed. He told her, he'll give her money so she can buy better clothes instead of the cheap clothes. She was happy with getting more money. She went and tried to change the subject and told him, she's hungry. Kallix went speechless.

At the inn, they were given a large couples room. Kallix laughed to see her embarrassed expression. Rose decided next time they should act as a couple that's fighting so they can use separate room. Unlike her, he seemed relax with the situation. She told him she'll sleep on the floor, but he won't let her since it gets cold at night. He also brought up security when she said she can sneak out to rent a cheaper inn for herself. Kallix told her that she had slept with him once or twice so there's no problem. Rose almost cough up on his weird wording. (His words just meant she had slept when they're together at the same place.) Rose tried to reason that she can't sleep in the same bed or it'll ruin his reputation and he said that no one will know so it doesn't matter.

She then told him, it'll ruin her reputation in marriages later on. Kallix got upset and screamed out how can she think of getting married when he's not even on the throne yet and she's his only maid so she can't dream of getting married until he's on the throne. She asked him, if he's on the throne then can she get married. He gave her an unpleasant look. Rose knew it's odd to ask him that since most people who work in the palace with high salary wouldn't really get married since they would be busy working instead and there's no parental leave in the palace positions. Kallix won't hear of her excuses and just point his hand to the bed and ordered her to sleep there. Rose complied.

Rose enjoyed the food at the inn. Unlike Fosnia's typical westernized cuisine, Dessat's food was fragrant and covered with seasoning. When Kallix saw her enjoying the food, she told him, she doesn't think they're poisoned. She then casually put a fork before him and asked if he wanted her to feed him. He flinched from her questioned and she started to tease him to open his open. People around them turned over to glance at them for a moment. When Kallix finally opened his mouth to eat the meat. She complimented him that her husband sure eats well. When he questioned her behavior, she told him that she's just doing her job faithfully as he had instructed. He got pissed off and then with a mischievously look, tried to feed her as well. Rose laughed and ate the meat he served her.

Kallix thinks she enjoy the food at Dessat more. She enjoyed the Mediterranean style cuisine of Dessat. Rose decided to buy a few bottles of olive oil as souvenir for Aaron and Milla. Kallix questioned her if she's going to gift it to Aaron when she told him that they're gifts. Rose wondered why it matters who she gifts and wondered what Aaron must've done to piss him off. She did told him that she'll gift it to Aaron and some other close friends. When he asked where's his, she told him that he already got clothes so what else is there that he wanted her to buy, so he told her to get him wine.

Surprisingly unlike Fosnia, the inn also offers room services. They got wine and fruit delivered to their room in a basket. Rose was ecstatic and welcomed it. Kallix informed her how good Dessat wines are, but she told him that she doesn't drink on her job. It was then she realized Rose is a minor (compared to her previous world). While she is allowed to drink in this world, she wouldn't have been able to in her previous world. Kallix still made her have a glass since the time is late so typically it's not "working" hour, so she had a bit of taste as she's not sure how much Rose can handle. She can tell from the aroma that it's strong.

Kallix wonder if her body is fine. She felt fine. She's more concerned if he's fine since it's been 2 days since Kallix had drowned so there could be dry drowning (or secondary drowning- when after initial drowning, water may still be in the pores of the lung as coughing up water from CPR doesn't remove all water in the lungs, resulting in a slow death). When they brought up the topic of his drowning, he questioned how she was able to save him as the dead cannot be saved. Thus Rose began to give him an explanation of what she did after telling him she had managed to learn such first aid when she was young. The explanation that the brain needs oxygen and the heart delivers oxygen, and since the heart had stopped, she had to forcefully press on it... (basically she had to restore blood circulation). Kallix had no understanding of it but she tried to teach him anyway so it can be useful to him in the future. When it got to the part where she told him that she had to supply oxygen through the mouth, he touched his lips, then glanced at the bed, then thought to himself, he'll have to get separate room when they're at the capital.

Next morning she thought he had gotten a hangover as he seemed tired and started to lecture him to drink in moderation. He told her it's not hangover and then went to fall asleep at the carriage. Rose started to wonder if she can return home with the help of the diary. When she opened her diary, she immediately saw red letters in Korean.

She immediately threw the diary into her bag in horror and Kallix woke up and wondered what had happened. She avoided his gaze. He then took her trembling hands and wonder why she's suddenly in this state. She felt bad for waking him up. Kallix asked her if she had ever wondered why he never questioned her. He told her that because she had been good for him, he had let it slide and he will continue to do so as long as she helps him. He trusted she won't try to ruin him since she had so many chances to before but never did. He's not interested in her identity, but if it makes it difficult for her to get her job done, then it'll be troublesome, especially if she passes out again. Her trembling finally stopped and he left go of her hands.

Kallix told her to tell him if there's symptoms like this again. It may have been result of the mana situation of her body. She felt she have to find Melery to answer her questions. He told her not to bring up status, gender relationship or honor. She complied to his order and he felt defeated from her thought that he was ordering her. Kallix wondered to himself thinking Rose might be a fairy. Rose was confused with what she just heard and he explained it that she's someone who can save the dead. She tried to refute him, but he won't hear of it and just told her to continue to serve him until he becomes emperor. But even Rose can tell he's embarrassed with his own remark as he covered his red face with his hands. Rose laughed at him unintentionally.

Even so she's not sure how to tell him she's not a fairy. She also wondered if fairies can even be this huge. They talked about Dessat cuisine again. Rose like the variety of food, since she's used to modern century where she can eat food from all over the world. Kallix gave her permission to change the menu when they get back home. She just have to tell the employees what to serve. Rose thought that's a brilliant idea and Kallix turned to stare out the window embarrassed from her praise. She then started to wonder if it's okay for him to give her so much power, but then she can understand from his view why he trusted her so much since she had saved him many times. She told him, she'll write out a plan for reorganization when they get back.

They went to a mercenary guild to look for a wizard. Kallix can't have them continue to be a couple at the capital since it might cause some rumors, so instead he gave them new roles. She'll be his lazy while he's her personal knight. Rose find that absurd. He felt displeased with her reaction, then laughed mischievously and commented it seemed she enjoyed the previous situation more. It wasn't so wrong, but she tried to deny it. Kallix can tell she was having fun teasing him before.

When they entered the building, Kallix asked for Hamilton. He requested for a wizard. The man in front of him froze as he didn't think Kallix would know Hamilton is a wizard. The man tried to pretend not to know, but Kallix continued to talk. The man lied that he's a swordsman. A man named Kakun came up from behind and grabbed Kallix's clothes to get his attention. Hamilton was hiding behind Kakun as he talked with Kallix. Kallix just needed him to send out a communication with magic to Ruel to tell him they've arrived at Dessat already. He paid him a large sum of cash after the wizard did his job. Rose wondered if Ruel would be fine but then it's obvious since he's the 2nd ML so he'll be fine. When Kallix told them to rest and look to the sky, Rose complimented on his appearance. He called her noisy again and ordered her to find an inn.

Kallix tried to share room again but she wouldn't allow it. She questioned what lady would share a room with her knight. And with that Kallix finally complied to her and took the master room while she went to the servant's room. She was glad she can finally get a room to herself since she can sneak out now to see the wizard to question him about her diary. Hamilton doesn't know anything about the diary though even though he's a rank 5 wizard (it goes up to rank 10 for arch mages). Also only the owner of the diary can see the words in the diary (actually only aliens can read the diary). Hamilton thinks she should go t the mage tower in Fosnia to ask about it or the high priest of the temple. The diary seem to have an entanglement of divine power and magic together.

When she tried to use the diary again, sparks lit up. Hamilton realized the diary is trying to take her mana and putting in new mana into her body. According to Kallix her body doesn't have mana but she's still taking in mana. She had fainted before because of the mana reverse phenomena. Hamilton asked for her hand and she then felt something similar to what Kallix did with her hand in the carriage. He find her situation odd since typically with mana reflux, the organs would erupt, but with her, the mana just bloats up. He told her not to continue the use of the diary until she finds out more about it. The diary certainly is odd as it's the first he's ever seen of this world.

Rose took her diary and left. She wanted to throw it away but couldn't. She wondered if she can ask Kallix to help her. It'll be easier if he becomes emperor but then he may have to kill his brothers like in the ognovel. Rose got so frustrated she pulled her hair and screamed out, then started to miss her mom. Some guys randomly overheard her and asked her if they should find her mother for her. Rose can feel they're dangerous and pretended she has a husband. They wondered where her husband would've went when she's alone this late at night. She pretended to be running from her husband as she secretly prepared herself with the tearing liquid. The 3 guys told her they'll help her run away. She then sprayed at their face and they started cursing her out. When one of them grabbed her hair, she threw the glass spray bottle at his face. She then stick out her middle finger at them as she apologized sarcastically to them and kicked his nuts. They were able to grab her hair again and she contemplated how annoying her long hair is. She tried to scream with all her might as she kick around.

It was then they all fell in a blink of an eye and Ruel had came to her rescue. He got suspicious as to why she's there alone at night. She made some excuse that she fell in love with the wizard at first sight when she went to find a wizard with Kallix. She told Ruel to keep the secret for her from Kallix as she fake cried. Ruel agreed and told her to stop crying. She pretended to wipe her tears away and grabbed his hand to thank him.

Ruel told them that he found out the reason why the carriage was decorated in gold leaves. The 1st prince knew about the griffin's trait and had deliberately sent Kallix in the carriage to get him caught. Rose thought it was such a cowardly attack like that of the 3rd prince. They were able to find out the truth when they threatened the guide that was with them. He was actually sent by the prince to intercept their mission. Even so, at the end, they were able to keep the diplomatic exchange gift safe. Kallix was annoyed but he's glad they don't have to use what they've gotten then. Ruel was confused at what they've gotten and Kallix told them they got some useful things from the Leviathan's nest. He signaled Rose to continue the story. Rose wasn't sure how to explain it since Ruel can't believe her. They showed him the crystal.

Kallix wants to use the crystal in exchange for the 2nd princess's personal help instead. Dessat is a country where the emperor seat is given by tests instead of the first born son. Currently the 1st prince is the most influential but Kallix wants to help the princess get the throne since she's secretly a wizard. It would be beneficial for Kallix if the 2nd Princess becomes emperor.

The rest of the knights came and Rose wonder how trustworthy they are. Ruel gave her a questionable look and she tried to change her words saying they're skilled commoners unlike the other imperial knights. Rose knows the best pay comes from working for the Crown Prince, and Ruel told her that he deals with spies when there is one, then he gave her a warning to be careful when arriving at the capital, and reminded her that it would've been dangerous if she goes out alone again like last night. Rose begged him not to tell Kallix and Ruel wonder if she's going to stay at Dessat if it goes well with the wizard. She told him she love to work at the palace.

It was then, Kallix opened the curtains from the carriage window and told Rose to move to the carriage. He doesn't like her riding a horse with the knight commander. Rose finds it strange since they already had the talk earlier that she would ride with Ruel so why is he acting this way again. She then point to a random knight and asked Kallix if he would rather she ride with him. Either way, as the only woman in the group, it would've been a bit awkward who she choose to ride with. Ruel told her that's Justin and when she said his name, she then heard a crackling sound. She turned over to the sound to see the window crumbled from Kallix's hand.

Eventually she moved to the carriage. They finally arrived at the palace where they were greeted with dancers and there were horns being blown to welcome Kallix's visit as he stepped out of the carriage. The prime minister of Dessat greeted Kallix. Rose was amazed from the warm welcome that was better than Fosnia. A maid then came to introduce herself as Daniela, who will be the one to serve him during his trip. Rose was excited to see all the maids there to serve Kallix, but Kallix rejected them all and told them he have brought someone from his home country. He then looked over to Rose and smiled. The maid looked over to Rose and sighed. Rose wanted to sigh too. She was hoping for a private room and some private time to herself but looks like she'll have to be busy with his schedule.

Well even though the exclusive maid was rejected, Rose could get help from the other maids provided and order them tasks, but as she was working on her job, she wanted to be thorough with her tasks as its a foreign country. She wasn't able to get help from her diary either. Kallix seemed worried about something but can only agreed with her despite her having to work harder than usual. It was to the point that even Ruel got worried for her. Rose was amazed when she heard him saying she's working hard. Ruel apologized to her for being suspicious of her before. Rose was shocked from the apology but since he apologized, she took it. They reached a consensus to be friendlier colleagues and they dropped the formalities when calling each other.

Tomorrow is when the festival begins and Ruel told her to rest, but she was more excited with her work that way. All her hard work can finally come into fruition, reaping Kallix's reputation and the preparation of his clothes. Rose ecstatically praised Kallix's look in front of Ruel and he gave her an unpleasant eye. They then left the theater as the play Kallix was watching ended. Rose noticed a movement from her bag as well and believe something must've happened with her diary. It can be seen Kallix is getting annoyed with the tour. Even Rose is getting tired. It's a program provided by the Dessat Imperial family so they can't complain. Kallix ordered her to take a rest though as she needed sleep.

When she got back to her room, she noticed her watch acting up. She wondered if there are elves around here as she recalled what the diary had informed her before. Rose wondered why the diary reacts to mention of Kallix. She will have to try to help him until she can return home. When they get back to Fosnia, she'll try to find the FL and a wizard. As she thought of how she have to return home, she fell asleep.

The next morning, Kallix seemed to be in a very good mood. Rose was testing out what perfume to use for him. Kallix chose a perfume for her. She then styled his hair. He got scared when she brought out an iron curler and thought she was going to try to burn his head off. Needless to say, she think a good job styling his hair. She complimented his appearance after he checked in the mirror and told him that he's so beautiful no women would be able to take her eyes off him. Rose was pleased to be able to have the opportunity to style the most handsome man in the world. Kalix then slyly laughed and asked if she can take her eyes off him then. Rose told him, of course her eyes are always on him. He then frowned as he didn't like her lip service. She continued to praise him and he told her to stop with an annoyed tone. Rose isn't sure why he's so upset like a kid and sighed. She continued to give him more praises and he called her noisy.

When they met up with Ruel, Rose asked Ruel what he thinks of Kallix's appearance that she styled. Kallix got annoyed she's asking Ruel and told her that Ruel doesn't have good aesthetic sense so it's pointless to ask him. Ruel started to feel insulted and they both bickered how neither are even close with females to begin with. Rose can clearly tell they're friends. They continued to bicker. Rose then wondered when they'll go to the banquet hall. She told Ruel that Kallix has seen woman the most and Ruel looked in surprise to ask if he's meeting someone. Rose smiled to herself and asked if he's not hungry. They then went.

The banquet was set up extravagantly. She felt all the trouble from the leviathan cave was worth it after seeing this. Rose bowed and fell to the side. The knights came to showcase the diplomatic gifts. Kallix's seat is next to the emperor as Fosnia is a nation that can fight Dessat. Before Kallix left, he told Rose he will contact the princess as soon as the dinner is over. Fortunately his seat is opposite of the princess so there's an easy opportunity for them to talk. Rose then went to check on the servants and maids to see what they've prepared.

Rose tried to imitate the other maids' customs and give advice to Kallix on what customs to follow from the other royal members. She would fan Kallix and tried to feed him. When she was trying to give him a massage, he told her to stop. She wondered if he doesn't like massages. His face was red and she asked if he's sick. Kallix told her to sit next to him as he pointed at the empty seat next to him. She almost questioned her hearing. Even Ruel sitting on the other side was frowning. It was then Kallix realized what he said and made some excuse that he's feeling hot and told her to fan from there.

Rose felt bad seeing how it was with the other royal families. They all brought at least 4 immediate attendants with them while Kallix only have her. She vowed to change this around when they return. Rose almost spit out her food as she heard the Dessat servants talk about how handsome Kallix is. She overheard other information from the servants from Eoshil as well. They were talking about the nomads that were kicked out before, how their eyes turned black. Rose started to wonder if it was really treason. Also Dessat might have a Civil War. Rose cannot inform Kallix right now so she called Ruel to tell him. He told her that the symtoms of black eyes meant they're contaminated with dark magic. They will have to immediately inform Kallix soon. He told Rose to stay beside him or Kallix as the capital might be dangerous now. Rose who took out her watch, saw the handles spinning, wondered if it's time to find the elves.

Fortunately the transaction with the princess went well. Rose wasn't able to hear what went on with that exchange, but currently Ruel was informing him about Dessat's situation. Kallix got annoyed as he kept running his hand through his hair, that Rose had worked so hard on. He was still glad Rose was able to gather the information as it's better to know than not know. He then called her closer to tell her a secret, that he's the master of Arcadion, except she doesn't know what that is. Ruel and Kallix were suspicious that she doesn't know and she pretended to know but her acting failed on them as they already saw her initial reaction.

Arcadion is the largest magical artifact of the Fosnia Empire. It's so large that hundreds of wizards are always on standby to guard it even though none of them know who is the master of the top. It's likely to be discovered so they can't help it. The issue is whether the tamer is using dark magic for a specific purpose. Tamers would usually sign a contract with a spiritual reincarnator. They're very rare though. That brought up the topic where the 2nd prince performed a forbidden ritual back then. If the temple finds out, it'll be problematic. Dark magic was said to have disappeared 10 years ago in Fosnia but somehow it's starting to make an appearance again.

Rose can see Kallix is feeling tire and told him to rest since the festival is going to last 5 hours and they still have 2 hours before it starts. He complied and told her to stay in his room. Ruel thought he was talking to him and replied eagerly to Kallix's order, but then Kallix frowned and told him it's not him. Rose felt embarrassed and made some excuse that she'll prepare aromatic oil to help him relax. Kallix wondered how much she even carried in that luggage of hers. She told him it's a long trip so she prepared a lot. When she brought up massage, he yelled out in panic at her not to. He kept frowning as he lay in bed. She reminded him he'll get wrinkles between his brows. From her words, he immediately straightened his forehead. Rose felt satisfied.

It was said there were 16 gods of Dessat who fought for the flame of desire. Due to the war, regions were divided amongst the east and west and never-ending wars broke out. When things finally came to a stop, the god of peace, Bardic, had the dragon that was guarding the flame put to sleep and then he urinate over the fire to put it out forever. Thus from this myth, there's a traditional liquor made called the flame of harmony mixed with orange juice and a Dessat wine.

Rose handed Kallix a glass of the cocktail to drink. To outsiders they call it the flame of harmony but the commoners call it 'Bardic's pee'. Kallix tasted the drink and said it's not bad. The other royals and nobles threw orange peel into fire spreading the orange frangance to the air. Orange was a symbol of Dessat. The princess showed up and told him to enjoy the festival. Rose greeted the princess. Apparently Kallix was able to meet up with her because he threw a bait at her asking for marriage. She told him he should've asked her for a dance if he was going to use that excuse. Rose felt embarrassed and Kallix covered her from the princess's view. He complied to the dance with her. They left and Rose sighed.

Ruel nearby told her that there are stories that if they're able to throw the orange peel to the top firewood, their wish will be granted. Rose decided to try it and she got it on one try. She was ecstatic and gave Ruel a peel to try as well. But before he can even throw his peel, someone came to seek revenge for the death of his family. Rose was upset as she didn't even make a wish yet.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  16. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :aww:
    Kallix acts too cute to be a tyrant. :blobsmirk:

NohrNeir likes this.
  17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no manhwa. No news on future manhwa either.

***​

chapter 68-70

(Basically what happened was a Tamer was controlling a pack of wolf monsters to attack them.)

Rose was going to head to find Kallix, but Kallix told Rose to evacuate. Rose didn't leave and took out her dagger to go straight for the wolf's neck. She was able to save a random woman who ran off, but the wolf went wild from the attack and Rose wondered if she will return back to her world if she dies. But then, the elf from the auction saved her. Rose clearly remember his gorgeous face. The elf took her and jumped to the roof like some ingame character. The elf won't tell Rose why he saved her. He just said it was their mistake with the Tamer (so the wolf was a tamer). It was the elves' fault for a malfunctioned experiment, and it had something to do with the prince. The elf took her diary. The Arabic numerals in the diary started to turn binary (0 and 1's). Rose was confused why they turned binary. And in return he kissed Rose on the lips right when Kallix got there.

An elf's kiss is said to be a blessing, but Kallix grabbed him and threw him. The elf tried to put on a mask and Kallix swung a random sword at him. The elf put up a magical shield. Kallix continued to push him down and the shield cracked. Once the shield was gone, he grabbed his head and threw him to the floor. The elf rolled over and jumped to the air to escape. He told Rose to remember his name, Luminas, before he escape. His action was quicker than Kallix trying to grab him.

When Rose went to Kallix's side, he turned to her with fierce red eyes. Rose tried to tell him, he's the elf from the auction but couldn't voice out properly as everything in her head is spinning. He told her to breathe. Rose asked about the princess and he told her he had left her right when the elf grabbed her. The Tamer had disappeared as well. They started to wonder about the situation as Kallix wiped her lips with his thumb.

Rose grabbed his shirt and told him it's the elves who did it. They're still trying to support the darkness. Kemesis, the god of light, have taken over Fosnia and since then, Maurice, the god of darkness, had been deemed evil. Kallix was surprised Rose would tell him immediately since the elf had said it's a secret. Rose told him that she barely even knows the elf and Kallix is her master. Kallix told her to be careful with trusting their info. The elves are experimenting with magi, a fragment of Maurice. Maurice scattered fragments of himself for future resurrection. The elves are trying to resurrect Maurice. They're going to have to schedule to return to Fosnia earlier now.

Kallix and Rose met with the princess privately. The princess isn't sure why she should help them. They showed her the leviathan crystal stone and Kallix told her they know she's a wizard so she should know what it is. He wanted her to take over as emperor and invest into magic. He will be her best bet to side with and she have to support him. Kallix wished her luck with her marriage before they returned to Fosnia after obtaining a support from her. The support from Kallix is enticing to the princess as Dessat's neighboring kingdom, Eoshil, is gaining power on magic, and Fosnia possessed the most advanced magic.

So it turned out the wife of the emperor's brother was a Tamer. The emperor who saw the Tamer's power before feared his throne might get taken by his brother so he killed the entire family under the name of treason. The only surviving son, a Tamer, was the one who terrorized the festival. The Tamers had borrowed the power of magi during the day of the festival. The group of "nomads" that were kicked out for "treason" were the Tamers. It would be helpful to them to take the Tamers into Fosnia. They could just pretend the nomads were killed by the monsters of the desert and sneak them into their country.

However, they're still unsure what the elves are planning. They're the last followers of Maurices. Kallix's mind went crazy as he wondered why they approached Rose, and then when he remembered the kiss, he recalled losing his temper and going wild after that. He's still angry over it. The more he thinks about it, the more heated he gets. But then looking at Rose who on the other side sleeping peacefully made him feel strange. He felt like she's from another world. He decided not to think about Rose too much since elves and magi are more concerning now. Then he frowned, and remembered Rose's words telling him not to frown or he would get wrinkles. He started to get annoyed why all his thoughts are on her. They're all connected to her, even the elves and magi. He recalled having to absorb the mana that was circulating in Rose's body to prevent her from fainting. He can feel the mana felt like magi, but he couldn't ask her anything. Maybe she's a real fairy, but then she is too big to be called a fairy. When he carefully touched her hair, her nose wrinkled.

Kallix knows she can betray him just like how she had betrayed the duke. He knows she's sticking to his side to survive from the duke. The carriage then stopped as Ruel suggested they take a break. When Ruel glanced over to see Kallix and Rose, he saw Kallix's expression and warned him to be careful as the rumors at the palace aren't good these days. There are rumors that she's his mistress. Kallix felt he knows who is starting those rumors so he laughed and decided to have to pull their tongues himself.

18. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 71-85

Upon the return to Fosnia, he set the plan concerning the Tamers to motion. It was obvious, Rose helped him with the plan as his closest aide. These days she had been sticking close to Kallix, thus she decided to ask Milla for help. Milla have a fear whenever Rose asks for help. Rose asked her to join the Crown Prince's personnel team. In fact she had discussed it with Kallix before, to create a hierarchal order for staffs with different salary. Kallix has lots of money so he can afford to reward staffs that have more loyalty to him. Kallix just told her to just do it herself, the way she wants it. Rose was surprised with the amount of trust he's giving her and felt weird about it. When Kallix if she wanted to betray him, she shook her head.

Rose decided to also teach the staff budget management to split the work. She decided to also put in someone as his maid, thus Milla was asked for it. When Aaron asked why he's there, she said he's part of the crew, when she meant colleague. When they asked for her position, she said she'll be manager. Rose wrote out a speech to draw in the staff. She wants to gather sincere support from people since she doesn't want Kallix to die. Milla had worked longer at the palace so she'll have a better reputation than Rose to bring in people. It'll also be good so she doesn't stick around Kallix as often due to all the rumors around them. Rose then decided to pay Aaron to be her fake lover. Aaron thought she's crazy but accepted it when she brought up payment. Rose thinks Kallix should be grateful of all the work she had been doing for him.

Rose is making Milla practice reading the speech. Milla wondered why Rose is working so hard for Kallix. She asked if he's really that good. Rose told her to look at how well he had treated her and Milla agreed. At least he rewards people who work well for him, but even Milla thinks Rose might be in a relationship with Kallix. Rose told her that even though Kallix is handsome, he's not her taste because she looks at personality too. Milla asked if Aaron's personality is her taste then. Rose tried to explain to her that she's not really dating Aaron, but gave up on that. Milla thinks Aaron is weird but isn't bad.

Rose's plan was working well. Everyone started talking about Rose dating Aaron and it soon hits Kallix's ears. One day Ruel tried to talk to Rose privately about it. He asked her about the wizard she had a crush on. Rose made a lie that she just usually have fantasies about wizard, but he thinks it's weird to quickly change her mind. Rose wasn't sure how to lie about it further. When he tried to ask about the dating rumors, she wondered what's wrong with them. Ruel tried to say it's not but his face was filled with worries. She followed him to Kallix's office, and it was then he stopped and she bumped into his back annoyed. Ruel then ask her how she would feel about breaking up with Aaron.

Rose thinks he's crazy for asking that and he made some excuse that she should focus on her job not dating. She told him that she's doing her job well already and she knows how to separate her private life from her work life. The office door than slammed open loudly and he asked why they didn't come in. Rose excitedly greeted him and he asked why Ruel was in a bad mood.

The 2nd Prince had been remaining quiet, and the church had been suspecting the imperial family. The imperial family would suffer if they find out, so it's more of a concern for the emperor but Kallix doesn't seem to care for his father. Ruel suggested that if push comes to shove, he can always just blame the elves. Kallix frowned when looking at Rose. Rose wondered why he did that. She wondered if something had went on between Ruel and Kallix.

Rose told Kallix about her plan to gather all the staff together to give a speech. When she mentioned she wanted to strength the loyalty of the employees towards him, he gave a bitter look. She continue to flatter him to lift up his mood, but instead he ordered Ruel to step out. Rose wondered what he did wrong. Ruel hesitantly left. When it was just the two of them, he ordered her to sit down and asked her if there's more for her to say to him. Rose tried to avoid answering him but then immediately told him that she had put the rumors to sleep, but he responded negatively to it as he thought Aaron seemed to be more than a friend than he had thought. Rose tried to correct him and told him that those rumors are fake. Kallix started to laugh like crazy when he heard that. Rose wondered if he had finally gone crazy.

To Kallix, he needed Rose, but she's a double edged sword to him. He knew immediately when he heard the rumors what sort of feeling he had towards her. There's no reason why a master should care what relationship his maid was in so it was obvious to him. The more he thought about her, the more his stomach feels twisted. Even before she told him anything, that feeling never left him. In fact after Ruel told him, there was nothing he can really say since he can't do anything about it. The only thing fortunate was that, she wasn't really dating Aaron. Ruel wondered if he's going to take her up after he becomes emperor. At least she's a noble. When Kallix thought about it, he rummage through his hair messily. Looking at the mirror at himself, reminded him of how Rose might get upset from her hard work on fixing his hair. He hurriedly fixed up his hair and leaned back against his chair, eyes closed. Ruel doesn't think it's farfetched to try to seat Rose next to Kallix, but Kallix doesn't want to think about it. He hopes the feelings will just go away on its own after he puts up with it alone. He's not sure what she even thinks of him or what she wants.

Rose handed him the speech to read over. She was preparing some tea for him as well. She hope to ask him for a break from work so she can pour some time into looking for the FL. Kallix was amazed at the speech she had written, but he thinks it's too exaggerated. Rose doesn't think so since they have to. When it came to Milla reciting out the speech in front of the other staff, it was noteworthy of Rose to have chosen her. Rose felt accomplished after hearing it. Aaron wondered if she wrote it. Rose asked him to ask his grandfather for help, but Aaron told her that he can help her too, so she agreed to it. It was then she grabbed his cheeks and had been noticing his eyes were a bit strange. This is the 2nd time she saw his pupils change, but then she let him go.

There were more important things to think about like the elves and her diary. She needs the connection of the wizards, gods and elves, but to see the wizards, she needed Kallix. She needs to find out about Melery, also Mauricias. In this world he's treated as a devil. She rushed straight to Kallix's room to ask for help, but when she saw him coming out the door with his hair wet, as if he had just washed it, she calmed down and remembered where she's at. Kallix grabbed her into the room and lifted her chin to order her to say what she needed since she had stopped herself once she came back to her sense. But when he demanded her to tell him, she asked for the pass to the imperial library.

When he asked her why she needed a pass, she made up some excuse that she's scare of ghosts and she had just ran to his room in the middle of the night because she had a nightmare about ghosts, and wanted to go to the library to look up about evil spirits. Kallix smiled as if satisfied with that answer and told her he'll get her the pass tomorrow. For now, he gave her a Chemesis (light god) flower figure, a holy relic, to place by her bedside The flowers are grown and dried up by the priests of the temple. They're a symbol of Chemesis. Rose felt grateful he gave her something so precious. When she hugged the item tightly, he laughed. He told her that the item will ward ghosts away so she can sleep. Rose thanked him and she left hurriedly as if running away.

When she returned to her room, she felt embarrassed for using such an excuse. Thinking about Mauricias made her not want to think about anything. She wanted a vacation. She woke up randomly that night to the smell of smoke. She realized the cover of the diary was burning from where it touched the relic. She is sure now that the diary might be related to Mauricias. Also the reason why she's in Rose's body also have to do with Mauricias.

Kallix gave her the library pass the next day and told her to take a break. Rose was impressed he's learning some humanity. She has mixed up feelings as she wonder if Kallix was suffering because FL isn't next to him. As she was too focused on her thoughts, she accidentally almost fell and he held her by the waist to prevent her from falling, then pulled her up. Rose immediately released herself from him after realizing she was held by him and looking at him with dreamy eyes. Her ears start to burn and she ran off bidding him goodbye. As she escaped from his room, she fanned her face with her hand.

With a sigh, she headed for the library with the permit Kallix gave her. She started to wonder if it's fine for Kallix to give her more affection than normal, especially when he's going to be emperor. At the library, she marveled at the interior. A male librarian helped her look for the theological books. She wasn't able to access the forbidden books as that needs the permission of the emperor. From the books she was able to access, there were some on the goddess of fate, Isis. Apparently she isn't related to Chemsis, but she's the daughter of Mauricias. When Mauricias was defeated, Isis was tied to the sky by Chemesis as the power of fate was too powerful. Even the gods cannot go against fate. Only one person was able to go against the prophecy from history, the first emperor of Fosnia.

From the book it says the first emperor was an idiot, but suddenly became intelligent (similar to Rose). She also saw a book where it mentioned the summoning of the "devil" is now forbidden magic. In the era of magic, there are the 3 absolutes, dragons, gods, and spirit kings. A war broke out between the three and the goddess of fate had prophesized that the battle would overturn and all living things within the planet will be destroyed. Because they cannot die, they summoned the "devil", the spirit of an alien world. Only someone that didn't exist from this world can change fate. Rose can't look for more information as the rest seemed to be forbidden.

Kallix and Ruel were looking over a map over Fealton Territory. The 1st prince had joined hands with the Count of that territory. It was a place where adventurers and mercenaries can gather into hiding under the guise of working as private soldiers. In the og novel, Kallix was only able to become emperor, after killing all his brothers. That meant the emperor had already died, but Rose doesn't remember how he died. Kallis only has help from Ruel, his cousin (noble family from mother's side), and the princess of Dessat after she becomes emperor. Right now all he has now is money, and also herself.

Rose told them elves must be trying to resurrect Mauricias. She believe she can use the elves to increase their reputation. She doesn't plan on keeping the secret the elves had told her to keep. He can try to join hands with the temple to gain power. Kallix isn't too hopefully in joining hands with the temple since after he becomes emperor, it's not a good thing for the church to have too much power. Rose agrees since the more power religion has, the more corrupt the church gets. Also unlike modern day, the people here aren't educated so they can easily get brainwashed. When she brought it up, that the leadership will be under him, Kallix thought she was speaking nonsense since god is absolute. Rose tilted her head and said that the pope is human though. Even if god is absolute, it's human who influences the temples. She thinks he should use them to become emperor and throw them away after he becomes emperor. Kalix said she's the only one who would think such way and told her to only verbalize such dangerous thoughts in front of him.

When Rose asked if he doesn't like her thoughts, he thinks they're useful. He thinks she had read political science books when she went to the library yesterday. Rose felt embarrassed from his twinkling eyes as if burdened. It was a surprise to him since Baron Estanya (the noble family Rose is from) is not an educated individual. Kallix thinks only Rose is smart. Rose felt his comments are too much. She started to inform him abut the forest where the elf resides, covered with fog. When she showed him the watch, she pretended the elf gave it to her. Ruel who was standing nearby said he knows of the watch, and then he stood in between Rose and Kallix. Rose thought he wanted to sit so she got up and Ruel sat himself on the couch next to Kallix. Kallix was at a loss of words asking him if he's crazy sitting next to him. Ruel made up some excuse that his legs hurt.

When Rose returned to her room, she checked her diary. She haven't wanted to touch it since that day. This time the words are no longer red but it was written in clear English saying [Error 404 - Not Found] like it was some computer. It started to even write out that there might be a virus and to search for the virus. When she did a search of the whole diary, it was revealed there's 2 viruses, Melery and Fabian (Melery being more infected). Rose doesn't know what Fabian is. The diary was really like a computer. There were things written in binary too. But given what she knew Fabian showed up when she placed the relic on the diary so if Fabian is Chemesis, then Melery is Mauricias.

Sudden bunches of words from Fosnian language, Korean, and English flipped through the pages. When she screamed out the pages slow down and Rose can see the virus Melery had did a summoning before for and there's a disconnection from the body of Lee Chae Rin. When Rose read that last line she threw the book on the floor. It's because the diary is the reason she's here. She wanted to find a way back, but then as she read further, she realized the main body doesn't exist anymore. Rose started to deny the truth and told the diary to shut up. Somehow she ended up with a letter knife on her hand.

She stayed up all night, unable to sleep. Even though she had been trying to ripped the pages of the diary with a knife, the diary is fine. When she finally was able to sleep, she dreamt of dying from a car accident. Somehow she woke up from her dream to Kallix calling her. He was knocking on her door outside. She didn't answer him, so he broke down the door and she thought everything was a dream. Kallix saw blood on her hand and the letter knife nearby. He checked to see if she's breathing and told her to breathe and to wake up, but Rose can't breathe well. She missed her family. Everything felt wrong. She wondered if this wasn't a dream, since she can't wake up. Kallix stared at her as he held her shoulder. His hands touched her cheeks and then he tried to push air into her lungs. Rose realized it really wasn't a dream.

When she got up somehow after having been unconscious, Kallix asked where she was going. She was going to check her diary. She wondered why he was in her room but then recalled having suffered from symptoms of hyperventilation. Kallix told her the artificial respiration that she taught him before was useful. Rose realized they've "kissed". She wiped her lips with the back of her hand unknowingly and she tried to apologize to him. She begged him to kill her as punishment. Kallix wonder if it's a new assassination attempt, since thanks to her every day had been different to the point he's dying from it. He laughed out bloodily. She tried to avoid his gaze.

Kallix got upset at her and screamed out that if it hurts, it hurts and if it's difficult, then it's difficult. She didn't have to tell him. He told her to rest and she didn't, so he forced a vacation on her for a week. He decided to also change her room. He told her to go visit her family. If he sees her fall down again, he'll take it as a crime in attempt to assassinate the imperial family, because thanks to her he almost died of a heart attack. Rose thinks he's being crazy but he won't hear of it.

Rose wondered if she had really died on Earth as the diary had mentioned. She might have to return to Earth as 'Rose'. Rose isn't sure if the diary contained an evil spirit derived from Mauricias or if it was a book prepared by Mauricias to help her when she possesses Rose. Either way those are things she'll have to figure out later since Kallix gave her a week off and he set up a carriage with a direct location so she can't go elsewhere but home. When she asked the diary what to do, it tells her that there's a temple of Isis in the forest of Tehiran, that's on the way to Proxis, Rose's home. Rose felt like that's too much of a coincidence and start to yell at the diary. The diary told her that Melery isn't Mauricias. Melery is someone who works for Mauricias.

The diary seems to be a conductor. When the relics are placed on the diary, there's lesser infection of Melery, but more infection of Fabian, and vice versa, when removed. Rose doesn't trust the diary. She wonder if it's trying to use her to resurrect Mauricias, but she wondered why he had her help. Then she thought about how similar Rose's job is to her previous job.

Rose was talking to Milla. Milla told her there were more rumors since Kallix had broke into her room. She asked Rose again if they're really not in a relationship. Rose sighed. Aaron had been busy lately, so rose decided to also give him vacation so she can bring him with her. Milla wondered if she's going to have rumors of marriage since she's going home with Aaron. Aaron who just walked by overheard and when Rose decided to give him a holiday, he was excited to take up on her offer that he started screaming out about it. Milla pressed on her forward commenting that Aaron is as idiotic as Rose.

Kallix immediately regretted his past choices when he found out Rose is taking Aaron with her. Ruel reminded him that he had said he wasn't interested in Rose. Kallix had been feeling annoyed with Ruel lately. He was more annoyed that Rose is doing allt his for him to kill their rumors. He decided to have hybrid beasts shadow Aaron. Kallix obviously knew Aaron isn't human. He told Ruel to inform him if the person following Aaron gets killed.

Rose brought a lot of cushion and snacks with her on the trip home. At the carriage, she asked Aaron to help her find FL. Aaron was surprised she knows the duke has an illegitimate child. Aaron told her that the duke had brought her in, and apparently it's the most popular rumor in the palace these days. Rose was shocked not to have known. She realized she have no friends. She asked Aaron what his plan is for the vacation. Aaron thought he was going to follow her around, but Rose is going to go to the shrine of Isis so wouldn't it be troublesome to bring Aaron. She rejected him and he got upset since he wanted to play with her. There's still 8 hours before reaching Proxis so she decided to go sleep.

It wasn't long before she woke up to screams of the coachman. Monsters were attacking them. Rose find it odd since the forest was surrounded by city so there should be no monsters. The monsters look like skeletons. When she looked over at Aaron he wasn't sure what to do either. The carriage was then cut in half with a huge sword. Aaron grabbed her and pulled her to him. They can't even fight (Rose's thoughts since she doesn't know Aaron's identity). All they have is her dagger from Kallix and the kitchen knife Aaron brings with him. She wondered if the monsters are avenging her cause of the diary.

Aaron them explained to her while he threw stones at their head, these undead monsters were the humans who had died trying to summon the "devil" from another dimension to prevention the destruction of their race. One of the skeletons seem to be a former prince. Rose find it absurd that he knows these information. Aaron told her to run away and he'll try to get rid of them with his knife. She didn't want to leave him alone there but he was calm about it. She wondered if he has abilities she doesn't know of. She still doesn't want to leave him so only thing she can do is ask her diary for help.

When she got her diary, the fog seemed to have lifted and something like a blue translucent hand wriggled like jelly. Rose felt fear from looking at it. She thought it was like some horror film. She took out the dagger she had and stabbed the hand that tried to hold onto her. It fell and as a result, she also fell along with it. Her knees rubbed the dirt floor, bled. She brushed the dirt from her knees and look around.

Ruins that looked like it came from ancient Egypt civilization showed up. Rose got irritated with the diary and threw it to the floor. She yelled out why her and asked it to take her back. She still have to save Aaron. She doesn't want to die yet and she missed her family, but she knows her reality can't change since her Korean self is already dead. She kicked the diary with her feet. When she rationalized with herself she decided to look around for monsters. There was nothing even after walking for a long time. When she checked the diary again, it told her that the temple can only be found by the chosen one. She recalled the elf had also called her the chosen one. The diary told her that the goddess of fate is neutral. It doesn't matter if she's from Mauriciass's family, fate is independent of it. Suddenly the diary trembled and words showed up to install the vaccine to bring the system to normal.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  19. EmpressNeveah

EmpressNeveah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for spoiler luv

NohrNeir likes this.