Resolved I became obsessed with Heaven Official's Blessing...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Arrynne, Apr 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Arrynne

Arrynne 『Bubo scandiacus』『Owl in NEED of Saving』

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay... I love reading BL novels but I tend to avoid CN danmeis that involves history and martial arts because for the fact that they're usually harder to MTL imo... The only one I really endure is Mo Dao Zu Shi

So I came across Heaven Official's Blessing (Tian Guan Ci Fu) in netflix and I finished all 12 episodes + special in one sitting [That's how much I liked it.]

If you guys have watched it as well can you please tell me which chapter in the novel it is at the end of the 12th episode?

To those who haven't watched it yet, it's the end of the Ban Yue Arc.

EDIT:
    In the Manhua, from the latest translated update I've seen, they're still in the middle of the Ban Yue arc I believe?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  2. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure that's still Book 1 but I might be misremembering. Sorry it's been a few years since I finished it. Also good taste, it's the same author lol

thatweebudontknow and Arrynne like this.
  3. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably at chapter 34 cuz BanYue Arc ended at chap 33 ~ If I'm wrong, sorry ~

Arrynne likes this.
  4. Arrynne

Reading List:
    Link
    That I didn't know HAHAHAHAH... Thank you for letting me know.

5. fangurks

fangurks Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, as Owl1412 has said, it's definitely in Book 1. I'd say we didn't even yet cover half of book 1, honestly (I'm slightly worried about the donghua not getting enough seasons to cover the whole plot). FYI, book 2 and 4 are only flashbacks, so they help to differentiate between the arcs, somewhat.

KizunaAi was almost right: If you've finished watching the special episode about the Puqi Shrine aka domestic husbands talking, then you should start reading Chapter 32: In the Great Martial Hall; Crown Prince Meets Crown Prince. This is right after Xie Lian wakes up alone and finds the ring on his chest (there are some paragraphs dedicated to him wondering about the meaning of the ring, though it quickly continues with the actual story).

Btw, I'd still recommend reading those first 31 chapters as well, since some things get explained that really seem quite out-of-context in the donghua (cue: all the heavy flirting on Xie Lian's part which actually wasn't flirting and instead just him testing San Lang). Only if you're curious, obviously. :)

Arrynne likes this.
  6. Arrynne

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info, and I've read from the beginning as u suggested.

fangurks likes this.