LCD I Became the Wife of the Monstrous Prince

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nom de Plume, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Page: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-became-the-wife-of-the-monstrous-crown-prince/
    Spoiler Thread: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/i-became-the-wife-of-the-monstrous-crown-prince.108641/

General Story: Ancia read a R-17 book in her last life about a woman saving the male lead from his curse with her body. However, the female lead doesn’t appear in the story until 7 years after Ancia’s death and the male lead will suffer in the meantime. Ancia wakes up right after her character’s attempted suicide. She intends to help the future female and male leads get together after removing the bad flags with her knowledge from the book. However, Ancia and the male lead are currently in a child marriage. Can she save him without losing track of her goal? Unfortunately for her, lifting the curse will require solving a 1000 year old mystery, sacrifice, and pure tenacity.

There are quite a few plot holes and the authors writing isn’t the best. However, so far the twists have kept it somewhat interesting without being too cringy. I think it’s near the end. I am a little sad no one is getting pushed down in this R-17 setting.

So far there is a pretty cliché love square romance. The MCs love each other and no one else. The antagonist loved the mc. The mc’s friend fell in love with the antagonist.

10/10 better story if Ser (goddess of light) had fallen in love with the mc and was just trying to move on with Phillip since her feelings were unrequited. Then Phillip could still manipulate her etc etc. There is a fine line between love and hate, so even her resentments for Laontel would make more sense. She literally spent the last 1000 years thinking about one person while being engulfed in flames. Honestly she should have felt Laontel die since she could feel her return, but maybe she doesn’t understand death the same way as a mortal. It would explain how easily she gave up her divinity to a manipulative asshole.

It’s hard to believe she is leaving Richard alone during all this revenge she is attempting. Also it’s a little odd that this kind benevolent goddess does not care for humans at all. Sure I get the need to highlight her differences from Ancia’s and that being trapped brought out the worst in her. She literally has no empathy and thinks only of herself. This is part of why she fell but... it’s not very ‘goddess of light who wouldn’t even hurt a child’ to aim for killing the entire kingdom. The next chapter is probably going to reveal that she was exaggerating things and give room for forgiveness. I just hope the bottle she gave wasn’t the poison she had on her from Richard.

The current chapters are focusing on her perspective but I don’t see anything about Phillip that would inspire such wholehearted devotion nor many signs of why she looks at him positively. She blushes the first time she meets him so I suppose love at first sight, but even that doesn’t justify her level of obsession with getting Phillip’s love.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    AMissingLinguist likes this.