Discussion I believe our exams are being proctored...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nao Otosaka, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nao Otosaka

Nao Otosaka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been since the last test that I noticed the rules for conducting the mocks have turned stricter. This is because in yesterday's exams it asked me for permission for switching on my camera(which nearly...creeped me out since I was rolling about the bed while opening the test), and that's not the only reason I'm being paranoid about. In the previous test a considerable number of students did cheat(like me...though I was just using the calculator since I had to complete the test within 1.5hrs to get ready for my coaching classes...and the test continued till 3 hrs) and the reason why I said this was because a lot of students had "reds" marked above their names(except for the honest ones who never cheat in life) and that's what led to me theorising that our exams are being remotely proctored. Also, during the test process, my smartphone screen seemed to have "blinked", something akin to taking screenshots. Also I believe it's not live proctoring or those prerecorded ones since they would have used front camera for the same purpose (which...I would have known...not to mention an exam being strictly conducted would ask for identification in the beginning, so yeah). Also, my query is that do you believe my intuition is right on this one or am I just overthinking stuff?

FIEND and northerner like this.
  2. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought proctored just means that your teacher isnt watching you but instead its someone who doesnt teach you who watches c.c

also what does your smartphone have to do with the test? so much confusion

mmem likes this.
  3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why wouldn't they just tell you it's proctored to prevent cheating in the first place?
    When we took test online, we had to have zoom open so the teacher could see us. I had it open on my phone.

mmem and reagents 11 like this.
  4. WoonaOnTheMoon

WoonaOnTheMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Putting on the camera is mandatory for us but I do not believe they would monitor you without permission or prior warning. That's pretty much illegal.

northerner and mmem like this.
  5. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought all online classes used technology to Proctor the test. It usually means needing a laptop or camera so they can watch you. Have you thought of asking your teacher?

mmem likes this.
  6. Artesia

Artesia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I do tests it always ask permission to access camera and microphone and I just deny it, unless they ask you it needs to be on then you can leave it off. It will probably ask you each time unless you disable it from settings then it might stop

mmem likes this.
  7. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is gonna be a dumb answer but why not just not cheat if you’re being proctored?

smart answer, but second monitor and hide it behind your main monitor so you can cheat all you want without looking away

FIEND likes this.
  8. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always wondered why women don´t just put an airpod on underneath your hair and start playing an audio with all the key info on repeat.

FIEND likes this.
  9. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In college they might directly expel you out of the school if you're caught cheating. Probably not really worth losing the time and money when you can just study.

Anra7777 likes this.
  10. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    lmfao i think that shit would be way more destracting to have a bunch of knoweledge in the background and u dunno what exactly will be asked
    i aint that advanced
    but in our school we have to tie our hair back

11. northerner

northerner a stressed potato

Reading List:
    Link
    That would get me thrown out of the room and never be able to get the test again. It's very distracting for me whenever I hear sound except from the flipping of papers. I could just study why bother to cheat. But I admit students in online class are prone to cheat since no one's monitoring us. Including me. My friends and I opens a video call whenever we're taking a statistics exam since they need guidance.

12. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Just don't cheat.
    Treat it like you're taking the exam in person.

But yeah, many online class platforms have monitoring so the school will check.

northerner and Anra7777 like this.
  13. ExcitableFoci

Reading List:
    Link
    @FIEND
    Here they just give you a fat zero. People are very rarely expelled: only when drugs and serious criminal activity are involved. And the old-ass professors rarely do anything other than sitting on their desks correcting exams from other groups.

But that's not what I´m talking about. I referred to my experiences of seeing girls with texts and formulas written under their skirts/shorts when they could have just used airpods instead lul.

14. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    smh ur women dumb af. where u even at.

15. ExcitableFoci

Reading List:
    Link
    In a pineapple under the sea.

16. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    oh spain gotchu

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  17. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends on the teacher. I know a few people who have professors that don't like online learning so they are taking their frustration out on the students. One person got in trouble and had to go to the school to take their test because they kept sneezing. They would look down when sneezing and the teacher said they could be looking at notes. ( I think it is stupid because it nearly impossible to keep your eyes open when you sneeze and their head was only down for a few seconds.)
    This same professor also sent multiple students to the disciplinary board looking down (at keyboard to type), talking (reading question out loud in a room alone) and my favorite was because someone kept looking at a clock on the wall (How many people don't look at the clock when taking a test even in person). I have heard of a lot more from different teachers. Some do not like online teaching.

My personal opinion is that tests a stupid. Most people memorize for the test get a shallow understanding and then forget. In real life you can ask questions and google things. I think more projects where you have to present something or teach something would be a better way to test someone's knowledge. Tests induce cramming at the last minute, projects/ presentables induce last minute preparation (which tend to stay in your head longer).

18. Accismus

Accismus Icarus

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally can't cheat. My anxiety would kill me before anyone even thinks I'm cheating.
    On other hand as everyone said just don't cheat and except maths, I think calculator is allowed in all exams. Just talk to your teach.

Anra7777 likes this.
  19. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it’s distracting hahhaha

20. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might want to check the dates on the thread you are replying to. Jan 2021. This is 2022. More than 1 year necro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.