I can make a thread but I can't post a reply

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by csgo, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csgo

csgo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How am I going to combined them all in one thread?

Web author makes $16.7 mil USD a year ------this talk is about the author Tang Jia San Shao
    How does Munpia work? ---------this is me asking about how Munpia work -----most Korean novels on Novelupdates are from Munpia so I'm curious how Munpia function
    Syosetu and Patreon: Perfect match? ---------this is me asking if Syosetu authors could write full-time and make a living at it
    Qidian filed hundreds of civil lawsuits against websites that infringed its rights -----article from Wall Street Journal with some useful reporting about the popularity of web novel in China
    Would QidianEnglish be successful by offering $0.03 per chapter? --------this is asking if Qidian would be successful in English since they are doing the same system in China abeit at a smaller price per chapter ($0.01-$0.02 per chapter)
    Congrats to Gravitytales English Authors ---------I guess this rub people the wrong way (judging from comments in that thread) since people only care about free translations.

But I'm not doing any market research.

I'm not looking to create the next Qidian or Munpia or Syosetu since that would require millions of dollars which I don't have.

Qidian is successful in China offering $0.01-$0.02 per chapter. I make a thread about if Qidian would be successful with English translation at $0.03 per chapter. People say that is market research and solicitor for Qidian. I was like WTF....

Are people that paranoid?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2017
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most people are just bothered by how spammy it all is. Even if your threads have different specific topics, they also share the same general theme, and they're.. well.. everywhere. It's really not an exaggeration to say you created half the threads on top of novels general right now. Just dial it back a bit and consolidate where you can, ne?

kainee, Arcturus and Nom de Plume like this.
  3. csgo

csgo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you are acussing me of asking "authors here to share their opinions"

which of the threads I created is asking English novel writers for their feedback?

As for novels that I read that are on Novelupdates, probably over 80.

Here are some examples since people are accusing me left and right

Do you want me to spoil you with Against the Gods? Little Demon Empress? hot spring?

Emperor's Domination: the OP Emperor Min Ren portrait?

I Shall Seal the Heavens: I am stacking the last 100 chapters, ask me anything before that, I can answer you.

Martial World? 7 days to get back but he probably be gone for 1 year to 10 years?

True Martial World: ask me anything

Perfect World: ask me anything

Demon's Diary: ask me anything

Emperor of the Cosmos:

etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Yes we are. Like it was said earlier, something like this has happened before where someone was doing market research. It's the very fact that most of your threads are related to wealth as well organizations like qidian and syosetu that makes us suspicious. Simply put, the topics you talk about are odd. The vast majority of this forum doesn't talk about qidian. They would much rather talk about the translator rather then the provider. Plus, you have not contributed to this forum at all, other then those threads you made.

Taking all of this into consideration, yeah you are extremely suspicious.

Shance, LysUltima, kainee and 6 others like this.
  5. csgo

csgo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So people are accusing me of working for Qidian because I post a few thread about Qidian?

Just because people don't talk about Qidian doesn't make it right that someone that does talk about it is deemed a solicitor or someone doing market research.

People don't talk about Qidian.
    I talk about Qidian.
    Therefore, I'm a solicitor or a Qidian spy.

As for market research: If Qidian wants to officially translate some novels into English, would they hire someone like me to make a thread that say : Would QidianEnglish be successful with $0.03 per chapter?

If they smart, they look into the web traffic of Wuxiaworld, Gravitytales
    If they are smart, they calculate the donations amount these sites get etc...
    If they are smart, they talk to Deathblade and CKTalon etc...to see if they can recruit them....for a trial version of QidianEnglish. QidianEnglish would then have I Shall Seal the Heavens and True Martial World and I'm Really A Superstar on their site on a trial basis.
    $0.03 per chapter with the first 100 chapters free. something like that.

Heck, someone accussing me of being a spy for Qidian.

Like WTF.

HAHA. I'm a Qidian spy.

I guess that's better than being a Syosetu spy....since Syosetu doesn't pay their authors.

How is it spammy?

Which of these threads are not relevant to the "GENERAL" forum of web novels?

Web author makes $16.7 mil USD a year ------this talk is about the author Tang Jia San Shao
    How does Munpia work? ---------this is me asking about how Munpia work -----most Korean novels on Novelupdates are from Munpia so I'm curious how Munpia function
    Syosetu and Patreon: Perfect match? ---------this is me asking if Syosetu authors could write full-time and make a living at it
    Qidian filed hundreds of civil lawsuits against websites that infringed its rights -----article from Wall Street Journal with some useful reporting about the popularity of web novel in China
    Would QidianEnglish be successful by offering $0.03 per chapter? --------this is asking if Qidian would be successful in English since they are doing the same system in China abeit at a smaller price per chapter ($0.01-$0.02 per chapter)
    Congrats to Gravitytales English Authors ---------I guess this rub people the wrong way (judging from comments in that thread) since people only care about free translations.

So if a person create 6 threads on the GENERAL forum of web novels in a 24 hours period like I did, it's a sign that I'm spamming?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have 8 threads in the first two pages. I say first two pages, instead of just the first, because you're citing one from the second page in that list. I believe you said something earlier about threads being deleted, too? So more than 8?

They're not widely different threads, either. They have very similar themes.

.. and holy crap, in this thread alone how many times have you repeated that entire chunk of text?

That doesn't seem spammy to you?

LysUltima, kainee, asriu and 3 others like this.
  7. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Could simply have made a single thread asking about the economic difference/similarity between web authors of different regions.
    Would have made for better discussion that way too.

Shance, kainee, Vorpal and 4 others like this.
  8. amanyadav491

amanyadav491 『Deus ex Vulpes』

Reading List:
    Link
    uhhh can you let it go,no need to keep dragging an issue out,yes some people don't like the issue, you also have said that you are not a spy,that post above with bold letters in it has been copy pasted like nth time now!!!
    u r just trying to make a single lane road into german autobahn :p :p

Nom de Plume likes this.
  9. Shirai

Shirai 『 Silent ł Bored 』『 Rebel ł Butler 』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't serious when I said that lol my bad, I shall apologize for that first since you obviously had encountered the novels here to even be here.
    What I meant was that, I have read through your threads and how you have been involved in the discussion, and I can only say you have done quite a lot of searching around man. (I couldnt find the last 2 threads)
    You just did not seem very interested in talking about novels, but rather business.

In any case, that is not the main point of this thread so.

So to answer your original question here in the first place, you seemed too business like here, having only extremely serious topics of discussions. The mods have also mentioned you are suspicious in that aspect, and that shouldve answered your main question of why you were banned from replying. Your intentions are seen as suspicious.

Also, I agree with the others that most of your listed thread could've been posted under 1 thread of a more broad discussion.

Edit: STOP BEING SO SERIOUS MAN, CHILL OUT AND TALK ABOUT FUN STUFF WITH US

kainee, runsing and Nom de Plume like this.
  10. DeanRae

DeanRae Fall's Symphony╏One with the blunt knife╏

Reading List:
    Link
    about the gifting and raffle - really?! when was this rule made? I think I remember a guy who used to give away his steam stuff for free... then again he was probably the one who got banned

11. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because any discussion with REAL money or goods compensation might attract unwanted elements from darkest depth of the internet...
    Also, we like to keep our hood clean ya know. Bro-sis and y'all.

12. Sheepo

Sheepo 『Pyoo's Fated One』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused... That's like asking lottery addicts which kind of lottery system they prefer (and would put the most money in) and still saying "It's not market reasearch"...
    I could be mistaken, but I believe in some threads you even directly asked "Which business model do you prefer?"... But don't quote me on that...

Nom de Plume likes this.
  13. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think anyone said that you were a Qidian spy? I didn't read all of the posts above but it's pretty suspicious that you keep on insisting on the word spy... Are you a YenPress spy perhaps?
    kappa

14. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a @Parth37955 clone!

DeanRae likes this.
  15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    he ignored that fact~ very persistence about his opinion~ same argument over and over~ IMO when his 3 thread merged I thought He should understand about it~

Sharudeis and runsing like this.
  16. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's MONEY/DOLLAH/$$$, of course some people will be persistent....

kainee, CloudySkySadMoon and asriu like this.
  17. hiyuu

hiyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i can reply but keep getting error when try to create thread..anyone help..?

18. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to have 10 posts before you can make a thread, IIRC.

19. hiyuu

hiyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    like this? reply in thread..? thanks..

Shance likes this.
  20. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you can just finds to reply in basically anywhere. (especially General Chat, that place is...)

If you can't bother to wait, and the thread is relevant/urgent, maybe I can post it for you?

Edit: the words of the great god @Tony has been heard. Since you already have 5 posts, you can make a thread.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.