Resolved I can't see 3 pages of chapters for Thursday, October 15, 2020

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by FranckOA, Oct 16, 2020.

1. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

Since his morning (at least it's morning where I am) I have a weird bug when I open NU : I can see chapters for Friday, October 16, 2020 but when I try to see previously released chapters, i can only see a few chapters from "rise of the otaku" (193,182, 181, 180) then nothing appear for Thursday, October 15, 2020, I get 3 empty pages then chapters reappear with chapter 247 of "picked up a demon king to be a maid" (still for Thursday, October 15, 2020) ...

That's weird isn't it ?

I tried on firefox, chrome and opera, logged and not logged and it's still the same...

2. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you release filtering anything?
    Webnovel posted a few hundred chapters for several series. If you're blocking them the entries might appear as empty.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  3. FranckOA

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not blocking full groups, but I had made a nope list were all the stuff I'll never touch goes (3153 novels in it at the moment, mostly thousand chapters long template xia, abusive relashionship, rape with stockholm syndrom and revenge trash), and until now it has always been seamless, I never seen empty pages or blank space on the main page. Not even one, so when I got 3 empty pages I was quite surprised...

You think it come from this ignore list ?
    But I also saw empty pages while I wasn't logged in on the other web navigators ?

4. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure, but Webnovel posted over a thousand chapters across 3 novels a few hours ago... Directly before the rise of otaku are like 600+ chapters of dark blood age...

5. FranckOA

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark blood age is indeed in my nope list but I got this bug even when not logged in...

It seems resolved now (I don't see the blank pages anymore), and when I go to the NU page of this novel, the chapters hosted on webnovel.com doesn't appear, maybe NU had a hard time processing that massive upload of paywalled chapters and was outputing blank pages while it was digesting it ?

[Edit] : I'm not the only one who got this issue (cf this featuring request), I probably was visiting NU while the server was still trying to process quidan's spam release.

Guess I found a new symptom caused by the Qui disease : NU server indigestion

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  6. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    Empty entries while logged out is indeed quite curious.
    Yeah their releases for these 3 series are gone now, which is strange considering that they weren't paywalled yet.
    One of the series could've been stolen/duplicated from the original translator, but the remaining two had new releases...
    Unless, the problem is that they didn't post the releases sequentially, perhaps? Well, doesn't really matter to me.
    His problem weren't empty pages, but pages filled with hundreds of releases of the same series, which was the same for everyone who doesn't release filter this group.