I Choose Your Adventure!

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Instantdeath, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Instantdeath

Instantdeath Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm writing a story called "I Choose Your Adventure", which is based off of the premise of the "Choose your own adventure" novels. In the beginning, it was made into a forum game where each poster made a choice left by the previous poster, described what happened based on the choice made, then made his/her own contribution to the story and then provided a list of choices for the next poster to make. It started off quite simple and became something quite interesting to read. The forum is now dead, but I will be continuing the story myself. you can also read this story at http://animangameraddict.blogspot.com/

Synopsis: Takahashi Ryuuto is not your average highschooler living in the fictional town of Red Hawk. One day on his way to school, he could have never guessed he would meet his childhood friend again and become involved in a school with power that can rival a small nation.

Genre: Action, Romance, Comedy, School Life

Table of Contents:
    Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3
    Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6

Updates will be posted weekly, or ASAP.
    Each chapter will come in 4 parts. or 4 choices made.
    Under my discretion, I may choose to put up a poll for the last set of choices in any given weekly update and will make the choice that readers want to read.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Slimikyi and Ai chan like this.
  2. Instantdeath

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1

---- In a land far, far away...or actually quite close, was the city of Red Hawk. There was a teenage boy of 17 by the name of Takahashi Ryuuto who was on his way to school. He decided to go by bike today, as the summer air had not set in yet, so it was quite comfortable. As he got closer to school, he could see the uniforms of his high school, with girls clad in their summer uniforms. As he got to the school gate, he noticed a girl that was drawing quite amount of attention. She was not only very cute, but she also appeared to be handing out some kind of flyer.

Upon getting closer to the flyer girl, their eyes meet and she offers him a flyer. He takes it without hesitation and says, "Thanks" with a small smile before continuing onwards. After walking on a bit, he takes a good long look at the flyer.
    It reads:

Candidates Wanted!

The Student Council has opened up elections
    for candidates that are interested in the position of Student Council President!
    Make your high school career more than just a memory!

The deadline for those interested are to submit an application by Friday, May 5th!​

---- After reading it's contents, Ryuuto says, almost inaudibly,

"...Student Council President, huh?"

And then continues his way to the bicycle parking, stuffing the flyer in his pocket like it was never read. He thought about throwing it away, but them he looked again to the girl, now at a bigger distance, and gave up the idea. Maybe it was because he didn't want the girl seeing him doing that, because the girl was doing her best... or just because she reminded him of his past.

---- On his way to his classroom, after entering the school building, Ryuuto started feeling a bit restless. It was not like there was something unusual happening, but... he just felt that there was something about the students behavior, mainly on the upperclassmen, that was a little off. And then, as he was trying to wash that feeling away...

----"Ryuuuuu-kyun~!"

----...a bother appeared.

---- "...Kyousuke, didn't I already say to not call me that? It's disgusting."

---- "Don't say it~! I know that you always feel your heart beating fast when called that way~!"

Saotome Kyousuke, a blond-haired delinquent with "different tastes" that has been by Ryuuto's side since their elementary school days. Ryuuto would call their relationship an "unremovable curse."

However, at least this time, him popping up without being invited might actually be useful.

Since "his curse" has contacts within many "gangs" inside (and outside) the school, he could gather a lot of information, what made him a famous informant that sells almost all types of information—at big prices.

---- So, of course, if there was anything strange happening on the school grounds, he would certainly know, but... "What would he ask me in return for the information?" was a question that Ryuuto would really not want to be answered. Hence, between that mortifying mood and the unknown "payment",
    ---- Although Ryuuto was curious about the strange atmosphere, he knew better than to directly ask about it here. Akagami Ringo, a part of the Disciplinary committee, was well known for her strict interpretation of school rules. Dragging Kyousuke into the classroom, He indirectly asked about it by bringing up the girl who was at the school gate handing out flyers. "The girl at the gate?" Kyousuke asks. "She's Itou Nagisa, one of the most beautiful girls in our grade, possibly the whole school. She's also on the student council, which would explain why she was handing out flyers this morning. Why do you ask?" Kyousuke asks giving a mischeivious look at Ryuuto. "She may be one of the prettiest girls in school, but there was a strange atmosphere surrounding her, and I don't mean the gawking idiots who only think with their dicks." Ryuuto said dejectedly. "Hmm, there are some interesting rumors floating around, would you like to hear them?" Kyousuke asks with a wry smile.
    ---- Ryuuto ponders a bit. He had considered pulling out his PSP and only half listening to Kyousuke. Right as Ryuuto reaches in his bag to grab his PSP, the girl next to him blurts out, "Let's hear it." Surprised, Ryuuto looks up to see the girl next to his seat, named Nakajou Yuna. At that, Kyousuke also turned to look at her and the air became awkward as the girl had just suddenly jumped in their conversation. Kyousuke responds by telling her, "I have information to draw possible reasons why people were reacting the way they did at the school gate earlier, but I don't give it out so easily. Ryuuto and I have a 'special' relationship so if you want in, you gotta pay up." Yuna stares at Kyousuke for a split second before her face became a disgruntled one with the response of, "Stingy." Kyousuke shrugs his shoulders and responds, "What, I'm not asking for much, I usually trade in favors for this kind of information, so its not like I'm asking for much." Kyousuke smiles back in a way that doesn't fit his age. "Fine, but a favor does not count for a date," Yuna responds with a bit of aggression. "Naturally," said Kyousuke with a big grin.
    ---- "Let's start with possible reason #1. At the end of last week, Sakoda Kazufumi, the soccer club captain confessed to Itou Nagisa, but was unsurprisingly rejected. After all, Itou Nagisa has been confessed to tons of popular people but were all rejected. However, Kazufumi is different. The rumor going around is that Kazufumi has ties to the Black Widow gang. The Black Widow gang is known for their violence and the police are often involved. But, however, it does not appear that anything has actually happened on the surface yet, if that is really the case.
    ---- Possible reason #2: The student council is working behind the scenes on removing an old rule that doesn't allow students to drive or ride mopeds to school and Akagami Ringo is working to fight against that change. The hidden reason is that very few people know that Nagisa's older brother has and drives his own moped. This obviously is a violation of school policy, but it is believed that Nagisa is using her power in the student council to hide this fact from the administration. And the third and final possible reason is that Nagisa has a boyfriend. Although this one isn't too reliable, as this source has been wrong before." Having listened to these "possible reasons", Ryuuto ponders for a minute but is interrupted by the morning bell as homeroom is about to start.
    ---- After homeroom, because today was Monday, the first period was Algebra. Several people were yawning as if they didn't get enough sleep last night. The teacher was busy writing problems on the board when suddenly, a folded up piece of notebook paper landed on Ryuuto's desk. Having not been paying attention to either the teacher nor his surroundings, Ryuuto was unable to see which direction the note had come from. After thinking on it for a moment, Ryuuto chooses to avoid this trouble in the form of a note. He quietly crumples it up and tosses it to the seat behind him, where Kyousuke receives it and instantly opens it up to read it. As if warning of a great danger, Kyousuke whispers to Ryuuto "Dude, you should r--" but:

---- "You two, quiet down! Saotome-kun, answer the question on the board."

The teacher caught the two before anything else could be exchanged. As Kyousuke glances at the problem on the board,

y=3x+b ; x=2​

he swiftly calculates the answer and proceeds to the board to complete it.

Ryuuto chooses to:

1) Wait for Kyousuke to solve the problem before asking what the note was about.
    2) Disregard the note (and Kyousuke) entirely.
    3) Reach around and grab the note itself.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  3. Instantdeath

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2

Ryuuto chooses to:

1) Wait for Kyousuke to solve the problem before asking what the note was about.
    2) Disregard the note (and Kyousuke) entirely.
    3) Reach around and grab the note itself.

---- Having somewhat regretting his decision to not read the note, Ryuuto decides to ask Kyousuke about the note when he returns to his desk. This was due to Kyousuke's reaction before he was summoned to the front of the class, letting the curiosity get the better of himself. However, Ryuuto knew better than to ask about it during class. As soon as first period ended, Ryuuto turns around and asks, "Kyousuke, why did you pass me a note turning class? Couldn't you have waited for a better time?" Ryuuto's concern was expected, as the math teacher, Fujimoto was known for having eyes like a hawk and enjoyed teaching troublemakers a lesson. "Dude, it wasn't me, but you did read the note, right?" Ryuuto could see genuine concern in Kyousuke's eyes when he said this. He originally wanted to play it off, but decided against it. "No, but I could sense a troublesome aura coming from the note, which is why I passed it to you." "Leaving all the troublesome things to me, how thoughtful." Kyousuke sighed.
    ---- "So, Normally I would expect you to ask me what was in the note, but it seems you are one step ahead of me." Ryuuto's face turned to that of puzzlement. "What are you talking about?" "Ryuuto, you took the note back, right?" Kyousuke asks. "No, I didn't. I told you I wanted to avoid troublesome things." As if not believing him, Kyousuke replies, "What, you're not cute when you're not honest, but I'll forgive you and tell you what it said. 'Do not pursue after Itou Nagisa if you want to be able to show your face at school.'" "What, so I'm being threatened now?" Ryuuto chose to ignore the prior disgusting comment Kyousuke made in order to draw attention away from that. "Looks like it. It seems someone else overheard our discussion before homeroom." A look of seriousness was reflected in Kyousuke's eyes. "It seems someone is under the impression that I'm after Itou Nagisa. I wasn't interested in her at first, but now it seems I shouldn't leave her alone." Takahashi Ryuuto was not the type to actively pursue danger. It was only once he is threatened that he will take action.
    ---- Time flew by and it was time for lunch. "Kyousuke, let's go to the cafeteria today." A mild look of shock appeared on Kyousuke's face as he said, "What are you saying? I thought you, the Master of boxed lunches, hated going to the cafeteria?" Who's a master of boxed lunches? Its simply that Mother and Father both work that I have to make them myself. If it weren't for that, my lunches would be average like anyone else's! Ryuuto knew Kyousuke was just messing with him so he had long given up giving a proper answer. Ryuuto ignored him, started walking faster to the door and turned his head back in response, "Let's go or we won't make it in time." Hearing that Kyousuke ran behind him.

---- When they arrived at the cafeteria, they could hear the bustle of students buying lunches which could almost be called a "war zone." They got in line and quickly grabbed their food. Walking back while trying to find a seat, Ryuuto noticed an area in the packed cafeteria that was seemingly vacant. Ryuuto also noticed that within this vacancy was his target of interest, Itou Nagisa. Ryuuto calmly walked over to the table and asked, "Are these seats taken?" Nagisa looked up and calmly shook her head. Unbeknownst to Ryuuto, Nagisa formed a slight smile that was almost undetectable.

---- Having sat down across from Nagisa, Ryuuto began to enjoy his meal set A, which was the curry rice meal. Sitting next to him was Kyousuke. "Itou-san, may I sit here?" a feminine voice asked. Ryuuto looked up to notice Nakajou Yuna standing there. Nagisa nodded and Yuna sat down and asked, "I wonder what made the 'Master of Boxed Lunches' not only visit the cafeteria but directly across Itou-san?" After she said that, she gave Ryuuto a wry smile. Takahashi Ryuuto was well known for how much effort he put into making his boxed lunches and how he never visited the cafeteria, so this kind of remark was not strange for him. "Just felt like it," he said without looking at Yuna, engrossed in his food. His half-assed response failed to place any shock on Nakajou Yuna's face.

---- After pondering a bit while poking at his curry rice with chopsticks, Ryuuto felt directly probing the individual herself about the note's threat was in bad taste, not to mention with other people that can eavesdrop on the conversation are abundant, he chose to table that for another chance meeting. Instead he opens up with an inquiry towards Nagisa, "Itou-san, you were the one handing out the flyers this morning for the student council right? Has anyone submitted an application yet?"

---- As if taken by surprise by the sudden question directed towards her, she was speechless for a moment before replying, "Ah, y-yes. No one has yet to put in an application so far. At this rate, the president will retire without finding a new replacement." For a split-second, Nagisa had looked truly worried, which made Ryuuto feel even more curious.

"Isn't the seat of president decided from within the student council? Sort of like an inherited title?" Kyousuke cuts in before Ryuuto could.

"That is normally the case for this school, however, both the vice-president and accountant are third-years and will be graduating along with the president this year, so only the general affairs and secretary will be left, and..." Nagisa lowers her voice just a bit, but not too low to the point of whispering in the loud cafeteria, "the two remaining refused to vie for the presidential seat, so the only remaining choice would be to hold elections for any interested parties."

So in other words, the council is falling apart to a certain degree, and this is almost a last resort, is it? Ryuuto ponders. "So basically you're falling apart, Itou-chan?" Kyousuke cuts in, as if reading the others' minds.

"Ah..." With a hint of embarrassment, "I suppose you could put it that way. Ehe."

---- Ryuuto, having become a little impatient, decides that he must ask a more direct question about Itou Nagisa's circumstances. "So, Itou-san, I understand that no one currently in the student council wants to be president, but why couldn't you become one?" Itou Nagisa's face stiffened briefly before returning to her usual smile. Nervously, she responded, "It is nice that you think I could become president, but I am currently unable to. Why do you ask?" In response, Ryuuto decides to press further. "I have heard some interesting rumors concerning you and your older brother." Nagisa's face seemed to relax a bit. "I don't know what you have heard, but this isn't about my older brother, Shunsuke." Nakajou Yuna, who was being silent and listening this entire time decided to speak up. Yuna cut in, "Seems like Kyousuke's information this morning was false." With a look of surprise, Kyousuke shakes his head. "Itou-chan, its not good to lie." "What are you talking about?" Nagisa responds with a bit of disbelief. Ryuuto cut in, "He's talking about the rumor of how your older brother and you ride a moped to school every da-mffmff--" Nagisa suddenly leaned across the table covering Ryuuto's mouth with both her hands. The cafeteria became abruptly silent. With her face flushed, she sat back down with her head lowered in embarrassment, trying to avoid the sudden gazes by her sudden action. As the cafeteria gradually returned to normal volume, Nagisa's face also returned to its normal pigment. "Ryuu...kun...-the roof..." Nagisa mumbled. "What?" Ryuuto asked.

"Takahashi-kun, Meet me on the rooftop after school." Nagisa said a little bit louder, with a tinge of red on her face. With that, Nagisa quickly grabbed her tray to return it and briskly walked out of the cafeteria. Ryuuto had a look of puzzlement on his face while Kyousuke had on his usual smile. "Well, are you going to go?" Kyousuke asks. Nakajou Yuna smirks at Ryuuto, waiting for his response.

Ryuuto chooses to:

1. Meet Itou Nagisa on the roof by himself after school.
    2. Bring Kyousuke and meet Itou Nagisa on the roof after school.
    3. Tease Yuna about meeting Nagisa after school into getting her to come along.
    4. Forget Nagisa and ask to meet Yuna at the school gate after school.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  4. Instantdeath

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3

Ryuuto chooses to:

1. Meet Itou Nagisa on the roof by himself after school.
    2. Bring Kyousuke and meet Itou Nagisa on the roof after school.
    3. Tease Yuna about meeting Nagisa after school into getting her to come along.
    4. Forget Nagisa and ask to meet Yuna at the school gate after school.

---- Ryuuto was at a loss at how to answer the invitation. Kyousuke, however, had a smile plastered across his face as if he was enjoying every minute of his life. "Of course you're going, right Ryuuto?" Kyousuke asks in his usual flippant voice.

"I don't exactly have a reason to go, do I? All I mentioned was the rumor about Nagisa and her broth-"
    Ryuuto stopped mid-sentence and pondered while looking downward, grabbing his chin with one hand. There was peculiar light that could be subtly seen in his eyes. There's no way it can be her, can it? Ryuuto immediately shelved the idea that crossed his mind as it was impossible, even if there were some similarities.

"Sounds like you just found a reason to go."

As Yuna was also still sitting there, Kyousuke was not the only one who noticed Ryuuto's strange reaction. However, just as Ryuuto was about to respond, Yuna got up as she sighed.

“And here I thought I was going to see something interesting. Ryuuto-kun, have fun at the rooftop. I'm not interested anymore.”

Saying that, she walked off, tray in hand. Seeing Yuna take the initiative, Kyousuke followed suit. "Well, I'll excuse myself here, then. See you at class, Ryuu-kyun."

In his usual fashion of irritating Ryuuto, he took his leave there along with his tray.
    Having finished his meal as well, Ryuuto returned his tray and headed back to the classroom.

---- On his way back to the classroom, Ryuuto continued to ponder on the words Nagisa mumbled. "Ryuu...kun...-the roof…" The words echoed in his mind. Why would Nagisa call me Ryuu-kun? It can't be a slip of the tongue. Nagisa seemed vaguely familiar to Ryuuto, but he could not figure out why. The only person who calls me Ryuu-kun is Kyousuke, but usually when he's messing when me.

---- After afternoon class ended, Ryuuto made his way to the rooftop after parting with Kyousuke at the bottom of the stairs. When Ryuuto opens the door to the rooftop, Nagisa was already there waiting with her back turned to the rooftop door. She turns around and looks at Ryuuto as he enters and with an indifferent smile when she sees the door closing behind him. Before Nagisa had the chance to say anything, Ryuuto spoke. "Well, before you say anything, what did I do to deserve your complete and undivided attention?" Ryuuto's concern was expected, as Nagisa was considered one of the top beauties in the school and this could bring out unwanted attention and rumors spreading.

---- "Takahashi Ryuuto-kun, I chose you because I felt you were someone I could trust. Saotome-kun was out of the question because of what he does on the side, and you know that better than anyone else." Saotome Kyousuke was an information dealer. If he got direct information from her, it might be easily bought from those she did not want to know about it. "Why not ask Nakajou or one of your friends?" Ryuuto asked. Sighing, she said with resignation, "This is something that I can only ask you." Not trusting Yuna makes sense, although she can keep secrets, she's not the type to actually take action unless it suits her, also known as the “my pace” type of person. A touch of concern drifted on Ryuuto's face as he pondered this.

"Go on.."

---- Nagisa exhaled once, then began: "What was said at lunch was only part of the reason I can't accept the presidency. Not only will Akagami Ringo definitely say something, but theschool board has been ignoring this fact due to a certain reason.If I try to accept the presidency, both my brother and I will be suspended or expelled, as it would set a bad example for the students. For certain reasons, we have to take a moped to school and it's not just out of convenience. The The reason I called you out here is to tell you something that must stay between us." Nagisa says sternly. Ryuuto nods and she continues, "What I said earlier about the student council falling apart is not the entire truth. While I may be the secretary, I know that Takezawa Kouhei, the head of general affairs, is secretly building up power to take the presidency through the general elections, since the president chose me over him. Although the president wanted me for succession, I was unable to accept the presidency due to personal reasons in addition to the moped. still have reasons to believe that he won't give up that easily. I also hold some cards that will undermine his presidency. Because I can only reject the president's call for succession, I believe he will try to prevent the Secretarial Department from supporting another candidate for the presidency. Before I tell you any more, I need to know if you are willing to help me defeat Takezawa or not."

---- Being told key pieces of information one after the other, Ryuuto needed a moment to chew on the pieces themselves. In a natural motion, he brought his right arm up and rested his hand on the rooftop fence as he looked towards the sky. The sun was beginningto move to a low angle in the sky, and the shadows started to grow longer.

---- "Bring down Takezawa, huh..." Ryuuto muttered with an exaggeratedsigh. First of all, there's the whole internal power struggle between the two parties of Nagisa and Takezawa. Between the two, they each have dirt they can smear on the other to prevent them from succeeding in becoming a full-fledged presidential candidate. The current president is retiring, along with the other two senpai members, and they at least must be somewhat aware of what's going on; which would explain why they'd advertise for election candidates to step forth. But that has also added a fuel to Takezawa's ambition of gaining as much firepower as possible to believe he can aim for presidency without error. Then the difficulty in finding a worthy candidate to run for the Secretarial Department

With a voice loaded with expectations, Nagisa soon asks,

"Well?"

---- After pondering a bit more, Ryuuto decides that there has to me more to this than Nagisa is telling him, not referring to the dirt that she holds on Takezawa. "Before I can accept your proposal, I have a few questions of my own." A noticeable frown showed on Nagisa's face as he said this. "First is that I think there's more to it that you're not telling me as to why it has to be me. I mean, I haven't known you long enough to say that we are close friends to give you an impression as to why I can be trusted. Who is to say that after this, I could go to Kyousuke and tell me everything you told me! Please tell me the real reason it has to be me." Sighing at this, Nagisa folded her arms, shifting her weight slightly to her left, shaking her head and confessed, "As expected of Ryuu-chan." Suddenly, like a lightning bolt hit him, memories of his childhood flooded his brain as he stood there frozen with a stupefied look on his face. "Na-Nagi-chan?!" This so called "Nagi-chan" was his next door neighbor and childhood friend who moved away suddenly in the middle of first year in his middle school days. Up until now, he hadn't gotten a real explanation as to why they moved away. "Do you remember now?" Nagisa asked while smiling calmly, revealing no trace of the earlier awkwardness she had exhibited. "Yeah. Now I have even more questions!" Ryuuto said excitedly.

Ryuuto chooses to:

1. Ask about why her family moved away.
    2. Ask about her current situation involving as to why they need to take a moped to school.
    3. Ask about her life up until now(in general).
    4. Ask her why she joined the student council(The Nagi-chan he knew liked breaking the rules)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  5. Instantdeath

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4

Ryuuto chooses to:
    1. Ask about why her family moved away.
    2. Ask about her current situation involving as to why they need to take a moped to school.
    3. Ask about her life up until now(in general).
    4. Ask her why she joined the student council(The Nagi-chan he knew liked breaking the rules)

----- Ryuuto decided that right now was neither the time to be intending to catch up with Nagisa, nor was questioning why she's even in the student council now. Clearly the reason is to help cover the moped situation into being just baseless rumors, but that was all she could do, as running for president would only end in tragedy. So Ryuuto decided to ask the important question, "So, Itou-san," Nagisa clearly twitched her eyebrows at how Ryuuto called her by her surname, "Why are you taking the moped to school? I need a clear answer."
    ----- "... Nagi-chan."
    ----- "Huh?"
    ----- "Start calling me Nagi-chan again now that you've remembered me." Nagisa said in a stern voice.
    ----- "There's no way I can start calling you Nagi-chan now."
    ----- "Then I'll compromise with just Nagisa."
    ----- "... Fine," Ryuuto sighs, "But quit changing the subject now. The moped explanation, if you would please."
    ----- Nagisa slowly turned her head off into the horizon, clearly visible from the rooftop. A simple breeze passed by from where she was gazing, making her hair flutter in the soft wind. "It'll take a while to explain the whole situation, but I suppose I should start from the top from when I had to move. Is that fine?" Nagisa turns back to look at Ryuuto as she presents the question.
    ----- "Yeah, that's fine. Go ahead." Nagisa took a deep breath before she began to tell her story. "I'm sorry Ryuu-chan that I wasn't able explain this to you that day we moved away. You see, my father had to move because of work. It just so happens that he works for the government. Because of the disastrous event at that time, we weren't allowed to tell people we were moving for safety reasons, as people from the government and their families were being targeted. We moved practically to the other side of the country, so there was no way for me to contact you. When we were able to move back, it seems like you had already forgotten about me. The moped is something my father decided out of careful consideration. While they can be dangerous to drive, it was decided as the most practical and cost efficient method of protection. You see, even though that event has long since passed, my father felt that there were still some loose ends, despite the government “wrapping it up.” My father felt that having a moped with his driving skills ingrained in my brother would provide a means to escape should anything happen.
    ----- As Nagisa said this, he thought back to the disastrous event that happened at the beginning of his middle school first year. A group of terrorists, known as Red Ashes, infiltrated the government and was able to kill several well known government officials and politicians. They were unrelenting and had proven through previous incidents that they would do anything to accomplish their goal. The country was in uproar and the government took several measures to protect its officials and families of officials. It was to be expected that one of those measures was to relocate their families to a more secure location.
    ----- "But, since my father's decision was in conflict with the school's policy, we were at a loss as to what to do about it. Of course, my father tried already to contact the board of education to make an exception, but even though he revealed that he worked for the government, the board of education was not satisfied with my father's reasons. I told my father I would take care of it, since the student council can change school policy as well. So, this is where you come in Ryuu-chan. I need someone to become the president in order to make this change. Will you, or will you not become a presidential candidate representing the Secretary Department?" Nagisa stood there in anticipation of Ryuuto's answer.
    ---- “Nagisa, I thought you wanted me to merely help out the Secretary Department in the campaign, not run in your stead. Although, I can now see why you chose me. If it was anyone else, they may not be so willing you help change this rule. I can accept, but on the condition that I run as an independent candidate, and not someone representing the Secretary Department."

----- "Why-"

----- "Let me finish," Ryuuto raises his hand towards Nagisa. "If I suddenly represent the Secretary Department without ever having attended a single meeting, there's no way the other Secretary Department members will agree to me representing them." Nagisa stares calmly towards Ryuuto as he continues talking. "Since the only recommendation by the president was rejected by you, the president opened public elections. Alsoas a third party applicant, I'd be free from the politics regarding the SC, and since there isn't any solid evidence between you and I being associated with each other for the past few years, it'll be that much easier to take any opposition head-on.

----- "But, are you sure you'll become the president?"
    ----- "Of course. Do you not trust my ability?"

----- Nagisa stands there dumbfounded for a moment, but then quickly recovers and an indescribable expression surfaces on her face. "You really have changed, Ryuu-chan. The you back then would just pass something like this off as bothersome and leave the consequences to others." "Only if it didn't concern us," Ryuuto interjected. Sensing an approaching presence from behind the rooftop door, Nagisa leans in closer and whispers in his ear, "I'll be counting on Ryuu-chan from now on." Immediately after she says this, she dashes towards the door. Opening it, she bumps into Kyousuke. After apologizing quickly, she dashes down the stairs, leaving Kyousuke stunned for a moment. As the door closes, Nagisa is already down the flight of stairs, leaving Ryuuto feeling like he forgot something, when she almost bumps into Yuna. "Where are you going in such a hurry?" asks Yuna with a not-all-too curious look on her face. Nagisa manages to utter an apology, then attempts to walk past Yuna, but is blocked by her. "Move aside, please," Nagisa says in a hurried manner. "Not until you answer a few questions," Yuna responds with an arrogant smile.

----- Realizing it was futile to try and force her way past someone that was physically stronger than her, Nagisa reluctantly says, "Okay, what do you want to know?" Seeing her obedient reaction, Yuna was tempted to force her against the wall, but decided against it. "The first thing I want to know is, what is your relationship with Takahashi Ryuuto?" Hearing this unsurprising question, Nagisa looks up at Yuna and replies, "Ryuuto is someone very important to me, something you will never understand." Ignoring the last comment, Yuna was somewhat satisfied with her answer. Continuing, Yuna responds, "Second question: What are you really planning? I find it hard to believe with what is at stake you would really let Takezawa win like this. Even if you get Ryuuto's help, its doubtful he will even accomplish anything, let alone overcome Takezawa's trap." Nagisa's face turns ugly, then responds, "Who do you think you are? You don't even know what Ryuu-chan is really capable of." “Hmph, What do you know? Ryuuto is as harmless as a fly. He must be deluding himself if he thinks he can help you get out of your situation. Though, I can help you, but it will cost you.” Yuna says with a scowl. "What situation? What are you talking about?" Nagisa asks. “You'll find out tomorrow.” With a laugh, Yuna turns around to leave.

Nagisa chooses to:

1. Leave school having completed her student council work, and act like nothing happened.
    2. Run back to Ryuuto for help.
    3. Follow Yuna secretly in an attempt to discover her aim.
    4. Continue to investigate the "trap" that Yuna mentioned.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  6. Ogami-kun

Ogami-kun 『Blue Shadow ensnaring demons』『FA sect disciple』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible to choose or it is too late? If it is possible, where?

7. Instantdeath

Reading List:
    Link
    If I put a poll up, I will put a link in the first post, and of course, the update post associated with it.

8. Instantdeath

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5
    Ryuuto chooses to say:
    1) "Of course. Do you not trust my ability?"
    2) "Yeah, sure; it sounds exciting."
    3) "On second thought, maybe I won't become president."

----- Nagisa stands there dumbfounded for a moment, but then quickly recovers and an indescribable expression surfaces on her face. "You really have changed, Ryuu-chan. The you back then would just pass something like this off as bothersome and leave the consequences to others." "Only if it didn't concern us," Ryuuto interjected. Sensing an approaching presence from behind the rooftop door, Nagisa leans in closer and whispers in his ear, "I'll be counting on Ryuu-chan from now on." Immediately after she says this, she dashes towards the door. Opening it, she bumps into Kyousuke. After apologizing quickly, she dashes down the stairs, leaving Kyousuke stunned for a moment. As the door closes, Nagisa is already down the flight of stairs, leaving Ryuuto feeling like he forgot something, when she almost bumps into Yuna. "Where are you going in such a hurry?" asks Yuna with a not-all-too curious look on her face. Nagisa manages to utter an apology, then attempts to walk past Yuna, but is blocked by her. "Move aside, please," Nagisa says in a hurried manner. "Not until you answer a few questions," Yuna responds with an arrogant smile.

----- Realizing it was futile to try and force her way past someone that was physically stronger than her, Nagisa reluctantly says, "Okay, what do you want to know?" Seeing her obedient reaction, Yuna was tempted to force her against the wall, but decided against it. "The first thing I want to know is, what is your relationship with Takahashi Ryuuto?" Hearing this unsurprising question, Nagisa looks up at Yuna and replies, "Ryuuto is someone very important to me, something you will never understand." Ignoring the last comment, Yuna was somewhat satisfied with her answer. Continuing, Yuna responds, "Second question: What are you really planning? I find it hard to believe with what is at stake you would really let Takezawa win like this. Even if you get Ryuuto's help, its doubtful he will even accomplish anything, let alone overcome Takezawa's trap." Nagisa's face turns ugly, then responds, "Who do you think you are? You don't even know what Ryuu-chan is really capable of." “Hmph, What do you know? Ryuuto is as harmless as a fly. He must be deluding himself if he thinks he can help you get out of your situation. Though, I can help you, but it will cost you.” Yuna says with a scowl. "What situation? What are you talking about?" Nagisa asks. “You'll find out tomorrow.” With a laugh, Yuna turns around to leave.

----- Nagisa was concerned by the last comment Yuna made before she left, as the words echoed in the back of her mind. She decided that she was unable to do anything about it and decided to return home. He must be deluding himself if he thinks he can help you get out of your situation. Whatever will happen now, will happen; she'll cross that bridge when it arrives.

----- As Nagisa left the roof and proceeded to leave school, Ryuuto was still on the roof. As the crimson skies began to envelop the scenery, he releases a small sigh and turns his face towards his close friend Kyousuke. "So how much did you hear?"

----- "Just the important bits and pieces." Kyousuke lets loose a smile, with a mixture of emotions hiding behind them.

----- "So you know what we need to do now, right?" Ryuuto asks Kyousuke a simple question they both knew the answer to.

----- ""We crush the competition."" They both said in unison. After a moment of seriousness, they both burst out in a small fit of laughter.

----- "How long has it been, I wonder... since you had the resolve to do anything this serious."

----- "It's certainly been a while, indeed." Ryuuto pauses for a brief moment as he soaks in the horizon's scenery one last time. "Shall we head off, then?"

----- Having finished gazing at the horizon, Ryuuto began to think about how he was going to win the presidency. While Kyousuke and he had done some crazy things in middle school that normal people would rule out as impossible, Ryuuto knew it was unwise to underestimate how hard it was to win the presidency. After all, the high school he went to was not your average private school. The classes were not only harder, but the expectations and power were also higher as well. The Student Council wielded power that made normal students at normal high schools gape in shock and awe. While it would not be exaggerated to compare their power to a small country, as this school did not have everything that a small country needed. Its number of students reached in the tens of thousands. Because of the school's open policy to encourage self-governance and management, the students in the student council and clubs that have partnered with the student council to run the school. The school itself had its own store, which was managed for students by the students. Teachers would oversee the work but most of the work was done by the students. The teachers main role was a “hands off” approach and would be mostly limited to teaching lessons and guidance to assist in managing the school.

----- Walking down the hallway with Kyousuke, they entered the classroom to get their book bags as they prepared to go home. While club time had already started, both Kyousuke and Ryuuto were actually in the “Go Home” club, and hardly ever showed up for their “real” club. As they left the classroom, they managed to bump in to the troublesome person, known as Akagami Ringo, a member of the Disciplinary Committee. “What are you two loitering in the hallway for? Don't you know its against school rules to loiter in the hallway?” Hearing this and seeing the angry expression on Ringo's face, Ryuuto let out a sigh. “Yes, yes, we will be on our way. We were just leaving.” At this, Ringo's face revealed a frown. “What club are you two going to? I will walk you there so you will not make trouble for others.” The school, as part of its open policy, required students to join a club. While just about any club would be approved, not every club would receive adequate funding, so quite a few clubs would contain some ghost members. Both Ryuuto and Kyousuke were ghost members of the Cooking club. Not wanting to have to deal with such a troublesome person, both Ryuuto and Kyousuke replied, ““The Cooking club.”” Ringo stopped for a moment and a look of suspicion floated on her face. “Isn't the Cooking club's clubroom the opposite direction?” As Ryuuto was about to respond, Kyousuke interrupted him, “We were thinking about the upcoming cooking competition in June, two months from now, and didn't realize we were wandering in the wrong direction. Thank you Akagami-san for directing us. Let's go Ryuuto-kun!” Kyousuke grabbed Ryuuto's hand and ran in the opposite direction, escaping from her vision. “Hey! No running in the halls!” could be heard at a distance as Ringo attempted to chase after them.

----- Running down a flight of stairs and hiding in an empty classroom, both Ryuuto and Kyousuke were panting heavily as Ringo's shouts could be heard in the distance, growing fainter. “Lost her!” Ryuuto managed to say while breathing heavily. “Let's hope we don't run into her tomorrow, or we will be screwed for sure!” Kyousuke added. The two walked together as they left the building and headed for one of the many entrance gates to the school. Since there were clubs meeting in the courtyard, the two did not stand out in the slightest. Having reached the bike parking, Ryuuto grabbed his bike and the two parted and headed in opposite directions. “See you tomorrow!” Kyousuke said as he left the gate. Ryuuto waved back as he got on his bike. As Ryuuto was biking down the street, he saw out of the corner of his eye a moped with a girl on the back, hair flowing in the wind. This scene brought him back to his current dilemma. How to become president! Nagisa said she had some dirt on Takezawa, but without knowing this information, I won't be able to make a clear battle strategy to defeat him. When Ryuuto became serious, he was the cold and calculating type. Unless cornered, Ryuuto was not willing to do anything too underhanded to achieve his goals. Ryuuto decided that to formulate his strategy, he would need Nagisa first. However, He still has not exchanged contact details with her yet, putting a hold on his plans. Noticing that the moped was stopped at a red light, Ryuuto decides to try and catch up. He was nearly there and the light was still red. “Nagisa!” he shouted, drawing the attention of those around him, but failing to grab her attention. Ignoring the stares and with some time still left, Ryuuto got closer and shouted again, "Nagisa," but still failed to bring any reaction from the passenger nor driver. Seeing the light turn green and feeling he had run out of time, he shouts again, “Nagi-chan!” This time both the rider and driver turn around at the same time, while being honked at by the cars behind them. The driver pulls over to the sidewalk a bit of distance away as Ryuuto biked over to where they parked.

Ryuuto chooses to:

1. Reintroduce himself to Nagisa's brother, and find a way to bring up contact information with Nagisa.

2. Directly ask for Nagisa's phone number, while giving a vague reason why.

3. Ask Nagisa's brother if he can talk to Nagisa in private after reintroducing himself.

4. Invite the Itou siblings to a nearby cafe to chat.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty ambitious work. Having done something like this myself, I know it must be hard for you to keep track of everything. I also did something similar, but with the strings being generally shorter in this topic. CYOA: Isekai Yuri

If you managed to complete the story and you want to code it into something like this, I can offer a place for you to put it on my blog if you don't have a blog of your own. Would be nice to have another CYOA around. All the best.

10. Instantdeath

Reading List:
    Link
    So, Chapter 5 is finally complete. I forgot to release the last part yesterday, sorry.

I got busy reading so many novels and I started playing Muv Luv Extra again and will be playing through Muv Luv Unlimited again. Such a great visual novel. I'm glad its finally getting an official English release in the USA.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015