Novel I Died and Reincarnated as an Otome Game's... Villager A?

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by AliceShiki, Mar 25, 2017.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Posts in here don't increase the message count... *pat pat*

Slaynbr likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    For someone that wanted 2 chapters/week, this is looking terrible... It's not dead yet though! >.<

On a side note, this was made in a PC that didn't have a spellchecker for English and I haven't proofread it, so expect some spelling mistakes.

Chapter 4:
    As they reached the tables set up on the garden, lady Yuzuki pulled a chair for Akkihime-sama and helped her sit down. By now Akkihime-sama was blushing a huge lot, but that was quite cute, so I don't think anyone minded it. Lazy Yuzuki just smiled and sat together with her.

The other noble children started buzzing around her and presenting themselves one at a time, it was somewhat hectic, but it seemed organized at the same time. I could see lady Vi running around them to make sure nobody gets excessively close to Akkihime-sama or that too many get close at the same time... Why is she doing this? Shouldn't a maid be doing that instead-

Ah! I better hurry.

I quickly approached her side and asked:

"Lady Vi, do you require any assistance?"
    "You took your time, stay near Akkihime-sama and stop anyone that tries to touch her without permission, I'll handle the order they approach her."
    "Ri-right away!"

I messed up already! It's the first day! I'm so dead... No, I can still make up, I just need to compensate for my blunder by doing a good job now.

After getting near Akkihime-sama, I noticed that most of the nobles around were people I had never seen before. That is a bit weird, I expected to see some other game characters by now, they were supposed to be the closest people to Akkihime-sama after all.

Though thinking about it, there weren't that many characters of the game in the first place, it should be expected that most nobles wouldn't be shown on it, only the most important ones... In that case, I'll probably meet the other ones soon.

It didn't take too long for my prediction to come true, I could see a boy approaching, he had short black hair and was using a tuxedo, I could see him kneeling and taking Akkihime-sama's hand near his lips. That's no good!

I snatched her arms away from him and said:

"Please refrain from touching the princess without permission Marquis Hayyan."
    "Don't you think it's rather rude of a maid to interfere in the business between nobles? If princess Akkihime-sama wishes me not to do it, she could just say it herself."

Before I could make any reply to him, I could hear some giggling coming from lady Yuzuki, I turned to her and saw that she was trying to control her laughter, while Akkihime-sama was just astonished at the sudden development.

"What's up with the laughter?"
    "I'm sorry, it's just that... It's really funny to see a rude boy like you trying to approach the princess without doing any kind of research on her."
    "Just what are you-"
    "Princess, why don't you tell you where the term 'Akkihime-sama' came from to this rude boy?"

Akkihime-sama was still on a daze, so I gave her a small poke on the neck... I hope she doesn't mind.

"Ah! Ri-right, you see... One of the nannies I had when I was a baby came from an eastern country, and she always called me like that because it's a thing from her culture, since she was the person that said my name the most, it ended up spreading around the castle...

Akkihime means princess Akki, the sama part is just something that shows great respect apparently... So calling me princess Akkihime-sama is a bit..."

Right, that was in the character details back in the game, I had completely forgotten about it until she mentioned it though. In any case, as soon as she finished her explanation, lord Hayyan quickly blushed at his blunder, which made lady Yuzuki's laughter even louder, the other nobles around also started giggling, though I think most of them also had no idea about the origin of the term.

"Is-is that so!? I-I knew about it! I was just testing you to see if you could notice the small details!"
    "Of course! I never doubted the capacity of Marquis Hayyan's information gathering skills! I am sure you had already known about all that beforehand, a great expert like you surely know everything there is to know about Akkihime-sama!" I replied. Which led to some louder giggling on the surroundings.
    "De-definitely! Now, if you excuse me... I just have some urgent business to take care of, I will be going for now."

As he left, the other nobles opened some space without really hiding the fact that they found the whole thing very funny... I'd probably be pretty happy right now too, if only he wasn't one of the capture targets as well that is, so I'll probably have to deal with him some a fair number of times in the future.

In any case, I approached Akkihime-sama's ear and whispered to her before I missed the chance.

"Princess, you can't simply daze around like that! If lady Yuzuki hadn't intervened, I don't think I'd have been able to stop him! To think he almost dirtied your hands with his mouth is disgraceful, be a bit more careful with yourself."
    "So-sorry... And thank you..."
    "Don't worry about it, I'm just glad things went well for you, now straight your back, because more people are coming, alright?"

After that one incident, things were mostly fine, the rest of the noble kids went by without anyone else trying to get too close, probably because they didn't want to become a laughing stock. Once that finished, lady Vi went back to Akkihime-sama's side and the two of them, together with lady Yuzuki started making some chit chat. I could see that the surrounding people wanted to talk to the princess as well, but they couldn't find a good opportunity, so the chat stayed among those three.

I was surprised by how lady Yuzuki and lady Vi seemed to be perfect acquaintances of one another, I wonder if they already knew each other beforehand? There wasn't any information about how they met on their profiles, so I'm on the dark on that matter, I'll have to ask lady Vi about it later.

Though the contents of their chitchat were a bit surprising, they were mainly talking about the state of their dukedoms and some other political things, Akkihime-sama seemed completely dizzed by the discussion and couldn't really find a good moment to comment on... I do know they're high nobility, but I thought children around this age shouldn't know much about those topics? I assume Akkihime-sama is already undergoing some training to become a good princess, but she is completely lost as well... Aren't those two a bit too precocious?

It didn't take long for lady Yuzuki to notice it though.

"I'm sorry Akkihime-sama, is this topic not to your liking?"
    "No, it's just... I don't really understand much about it, so I don't have anything to add to it."
    "Then the topic needs to instantly be changed! This is your party after all, Akkihime-sama should be able to participate on the conversation."
    "The-there is no need to-"
    "Lady Yuzuki is right princess, excluding you from the conversation is a crime that cannot be tolerated, those that notice that and refuse to change their ways shall have their souls sent directly to the depths of hell!"

I don't think this kind of thing should have heavy punishments like that... And judging by the expression on Akkihime-sama's face, she seems to agree with me. Surprisingly, lady Yuzuki apparently agrees with lady Vi's view... Seriously, what's up with those two!?

"RIght, so, what kind of clothes do you like to wear Akkihime-sama? I can see that this dress you're wearing is really gorgeous, but that is not what you use on a daily basis, is it?"
    "I like... Comfortable clothes, some that don't restrict my movements too much and that aren't very tight either! I hate those really constricting clothes!"
    "Isn't that the same as hating corsets then? Most dress for grown ups expect you to use those however, so you'll need to get used to them sooner or later... Unless... Akkihime-sama, what do you say about getting your clothes personally designed by my dukedom's best atelier?"
    "Wha-what?"
    "You see, my dukedom's specialty is working with clothes, I could start mass producing different kinds of clothes that do not have a design that restricts the movement and prioritizes comfort, but to do that, I'd need some sort of assurance to guarantee the project would work out. If I had a contract with the princess guaranteeing a strong customer, it would be easy to start this project."

Did she just ask Akkihime-sama about her preferences to then try to strike a deal of exclusivity...? That's so sneaky! Where did the chivalrious lady Yuzuki go!? Give me back the character I went all 'kyaa kyaa' over while playing the game!

"I would love that lady Yuzuki!"
    "That's great, could you ask your maid to fetch some ink and a parchment then? We can make the proper contents of the contract right now."
    "Okay, could you fetch us some, Rika?"

Akkihime-sama said that with a face that was exuding happiness... I can't say no to this kind of cute face!
    Not that I had an option in the first place due to my job... But her face wouldn't let me anyway!

"Right away Akkihime-sama, please make sure to get a good deal out of it!"

I walked back to the mansion to fetch the materials, I wanted to go quickly, but I couldn't really become sweaty now, so I walked at a pace that was just a bit faster than average.

Once I got back, I noticed lady Vi and lady Yuzuki were in a heated discussion about the terms of the contract, Akkihime-sama seemed to be left out again... Well, that's to be expected, I don't think Akkihime-sama has a good grasp on the kingdom's finances at her age... Which makes me even more amazed at how those two can do something like that.

I approached them quickly and put the ink and parchment in front of Akkihime-sama.

"Excuse me princess, here are the items you requested, I apologize for the delay."
    "No, it's not a problem, thanks Rika..."
    "As I was saying, you can't really expect the princess to buy exclusively from one provider, that would garner the hostility of all other manufacturer fiefs."
    "And how do you expect me to guarantee enough of a profit to start this, if I can't even be sure the very first customer will buy it?"

I could almost see some sparks flying between the eyes of lady Vi and Lady Yuzuki...

"Akkihime-sama, don't you think you should mediate it?"
    "But both of them are giving good points..."
    "The final word is yours though, they can't really decide on anything that you aren't happy with. Just try to give them a middle point of sorts."
    "I... I will try."

Akkihime-sama cleared her throat to pull the attention of the other two and then spoke.

"If the problem is guaranteeing an initial customer... Isn't it fine if we give you temporary exclusivity? It wouldn't hurt other nobles as much like this, and you'd get the start you need..."
    "That is... It actually makes plenty of sense, we would need some exposure though."
    "Making some parties while wearing the clothes manufactured by your dukedom should solve that however, Akkihime-sama's plan is a wise one."
    "Then we can..."

The two discussed a bit more with Akkihime-sama intervening when things reached a stalemate, while going through it like that, the three of them ended up deciding on a contract with the following:
    • For the next 5 years, all of Akkihime-sama's clothes would be provided by lady Yuzuki's dukedom.
    • The design of each and every piece of cloth will have to be shown and approved by Akkihime-sama before they are made.
    • At least once every 3 months, the princess will need to host a party to show off one of the clothes. The exact attire will have to be decided in conjoint with lady Yuzuki.
    • During the period of the contract, Akkihime-sama should use only clothes provided by the other party in any formal occasion.
    That was the main gist of it, once everything was decided, put into the parchment and signed, Akkihime-sama gave a radiant smile and hugged lady Yuzuki.

"Thank you Yuzu! I'll look forward to the clothes you can provide me!"
    "A-Akkihime-sama! You shouldn't! You'll wrinkle your clothes if you continue with that!" Lady Yuzuki said while blushing a lot.
    "Oops, my bad, teehee?"

Her face while saying that was a bit mischievous and incredibly cute! I wanted to give her a hug as well! Though I restrained myself somehow.

By now, it was already nearing 9pm, the party wouldn't last much longer. Hopefully no particular trouble arrives by then...

3. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    *pats her on the head* I didn't forget about your story at all...:whistle:

But good work Brasca \o/ I will leave it for your editor to go through~

Yay to Lady Yuzuki *shakes pom poms*

Reptiles will conquer Earth.
    On a side note...I didn't know cows could read :eek:

Reptiles will conquer Earth.

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    My aggressiveness is too real, it's kind of scary/impressive seeing myself like that! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Good work @brasca123! It was fun to read! (y)

Pstt~ Does @yuzuki get to be a villain later on??? >w<

In either case, I can't wait to see @Matsurika take a more active role! \o/

I'd love to have more...... akki x rika fanservice reference material quality time together...... to satisfy the doki doki's! >w<

AliceShiki, BlancFrost and Matsurika like this.
  5. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    *stares*

I sense a disturbance in the air...

*throws some salt to ward off the omen*

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but doki doki moments are going to be adorable to read \o/ I want some action though...but Brasca's story is going to be slice-of-life and fluffy~

AliceShiki and yuzuki like this.
  6. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    :<

*secretly wants to be a @villain*

AliceShiki and BlancFrost like this.
  7. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    T_T

*gets more salt ready for the thickening disturbance*

AliceShiki and yuzuki like this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    >.<
    Teehee, glad you-re liking it! \(^^)/
    Lady Yuzuki is a strong capture target! \(^^)/

I had no plans for making her a villain though... >.>
    There should be more coming!

... At some point... >.<
    I'm no good with making action!!!

Doki doki and fluffy are lovely though! \(^^)/

BlancFrost likes this.
  9. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>
    Yup~ Of course I am \o/ You work hard on something, so there are bound to be people who like it~!
    ...yeah figures~ I will look elsewhere for my action. :p

Mmm too true~ having nice relaxing reading material is always great \o/

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't make me any less happy though! \(^^)/
    Do your best! >.<
    *hugs*

BlancFrost likes this.
  11. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahaha glad you are happy no matter what happens then~ It shouldn't be that hard (trying to catch up to novels right now \o/)

*hugs tight*

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    @brasca123 I felt like chapter 4 was the longest I read of your chapters. I enjoyed the Marquis Hayyan scene the most, at least his reactions.

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a big bigger IIRC, I'm trying to keep them all around 2000 words, but they are usually being a bit smaller, something close to 1500~ the 4th one had 2100~ I think.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though! I wasn't very confident in that scene actually! >.<

14. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. You should have more confidence. Besides, at a certain point you might need to just publish it; so, you can get feedback and stop being stuck writing the same thing over and over again...

That's actually my problem right now with writing things for Jean Basfel(AG character)'s story chapters. I keep editing things way too much to the point, I became frustrated with him.

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, with or without confidence, it can't stop me from worrying about some scenes! >.<
    Well, that's part of the reason why I write the way I write, I make the whole chapter in one sitting, I don't proofread nor edit it, I just publish it right away, there might be grammar errors and typos, but it's done, the issues can be fixed later.

In fact, I'll probably make some small changes on the earlier chapters tomorrow, since I decided to make Akkihime-sama a 5th princess and I want to remove that scene with her mom, I want to make it a bit more clear that the adults will be completely secondary and won't really appear for anything significant, for that, I prefer to not show her parents at all.

udonsage likes this.
  16. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it mean of me to say that I won't be reading this until it's at least 100+ chapters in?

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I was planning on biweekly updates, but it didn't go that well so far... Maybe I'll get to it at some point...

In any case, that would mean you would keep waiting for a year... And I don't have a plan on the number of chapters of this, though it will probably end when they're in high school...

If you don't mind that, feel free to wait.

18. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine. I'll have something to read while travelling for work next year then. @_@

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    This kinda reminds me of that novel I think it's I died as Villager A and reincarnated as Mecha Pilot A(I think I got the title wrong but meh)
    Will read this in the future.
    Also, off topic may I know what manhua(the one on the right) is that? I know what it is but I forgot the title.

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I never heard of it!!! >.<

And thank you! I appreciate any feedback! ^^)/

If only I can defeat my laziness and actually make the update I said I'd do a few days ago...

MrSplashy likes this.