Spoiler I Don’t Want To Be Duke’s Adopted Daughter-in-law/입양된 며느리는 파양을 준비합니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Spoiling Queen, Mar 6, 2021.

1. lucalrrig

lucalrrig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the baron was adamant about her being horrible scheming witch, what happened to make him adopt her? Was she treated horribly over there?

SofiyeJaan likes this.
  2. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it a long time ago and only remember a little after reading the last few spoilers in this threat.

Sorry if something is wrong or mixed with other novels. You can correct it.

There are 3 important women who are the key to uncovering the origin of MC.

First, biological mother (Dutcess).
    At that times She didn't die or run away from the Duke's house but was trapped in the king's tower. The tower that only a few know including the king. The tower has a kind of seal or magic that prevents the MC's mother from escaping easily. Besides that she is in a position pregnant an MC, she doesn't want a plan to escape from the tower which risks endangering the fetus because it consumes a lot of energy. I suspect the seal weakens her energy. No one knew if Dutchess was trapped there. (sad)

Second, the King's Concubine (She is the queen's sister, the illegitimate child of the queen's father)
    I'll explain a bit about her background: She has a very queen-like physique & even her beauty but a different character/personality.

So the king was attracted to her because her character was the opposite of the queen but had the same beauty as the queen even though she had married the queen first.

So the king married the 2 sisters and the queen's father happily handed over to the king because of his greed. <This is crazy>

Why does she have such an important role? Because she will be the key to saving MC's biological mother.

She is very timid in contrast to the ambitious queen. Once a time the king liked her more than the queen & because of that the queen was jealous of her.. fear of being displaced by her... father's illegitimate daughter.

So the queen ruined her sister's face until the king was disgusted and ignored her.

After that her position became increasingly threatened because it turned out that she was pregnant with the king's child at that time. If the queen & her father knew she would be hunted or killed before her child was born.

She met MC's mother when she found a tower in the royal forest. Since then they often meet because they feel the same fate (both in a state of pregnancy).
    Because of her timid nature she often gets support from the MC's mother who is locked up by the king in the tower.

Unfortunately one day the concubine lost her child because of the queen. At that time she was determined to help MC's mother escape.
    (sad..but she's real hero)

Third, the thief: she is called the MC's mother (a famous thief at the beginning of the story)
    how is it all related? It's a little complicated but bears with my messy explanation, sorry everyone...

As I recall she was an expert in stealing that's why she was trapped in the royal prison. I kind of forgot how she became an MC's mother.
    She had good relations with concubines. Until they are considered like sisters. She's the one who taught the MC the tricks of stealing and raising her before she was captured by the king/empress family.
    As she was about to head to the Duke's house to tell the truth. That's why the Duke never found out if he had a child with Dutchess. And why was Duke never convinced that MC was his daughter even though MC looked a lot like Dutchess.
    The duke..His life is like denying the relationship between the king and the Dutchess because the duke thinks MC is the daughter of the king & dutches.
    He is pure innocent & victim of crime of king and queen family. :blobsob::blobtriumph:

Sorry again, be patient with my messy spoiler story...

Back to the original story, the concubine helped MC's mother escape from the tower.

Did you see the beast on the cover of the second novel?

He is a Deity/divine being. He has a contract with MC's mother. He who helped MC's mother and concubine managed to escape from the kingdom.
    Being contractor with deity isn't easy as it consumes MC mother life energy? because it is dangerous for the fetus.

oh yeah I forgot to mention that MC's Mother has the ability to see the future. So this is where the point of complexity occurs begins.

After successfully escaping they went to the mountain area which would be the birthplace of MC.
    the future predictions seen by MC's mother is that MC will become the leader of the country and destroy the current kingdom's dilapidated dynasty.
    To achieve this, the MC must go through a difficult road, such as the misfortune that occurred in the beginning of the story. MC must be patient through it.

To make it happen, it must be done with the help of deity. Deity (the divine beast) agreed but it would cost him a lot of power. That's why the beast only appears at the end to convey the true secret when the MC comes to the mountain as she searches for the last clue of the memories her mother left behind.

3. hope6

hope6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is mc mother's alive?

Animelover3 likes this.
  4. Chris_

Chris_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the summary :blob_pompom:. Is it also explained why the mc is blond which is bot the color of mc mom's hair and blond are usually royalty?

Minaeli likes this.
  5. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No...she died after giving birth to MC. she had no energy left and was about to die… so she begged the concubine to leave her body there. So when the king finds her later..it will be enough to stop not looking for MC. Like covering tracks, or buying time for them to escape.

The rest of the spoilers I remember...so I added them here
    I forgot the name of the concubine (this queen's sister) So before died MC's mother begged her to follow the future prophecy that MC's mother saw. Become the mother of MC (acknowledge MC as her biological child to save MC)

To raise MC she must looks for a safe place. But I don't understand why she chose to return to the queen father's residence as a safe place not Duke house.
    Is it to deceive the pursuit of the king? ...so the king wouldn't suspect/think they were hiding there?
    although in the end when she came back there meant living like hell...until she died...

That's why I call her a real hero. She lived a miserable life and now she is ready to live it again even though she will eventually die like that...she really loves MC like her own daughter...until she is ready to sacrifice herself for it... (MC cry when know the truth behind it later)

But before/after she died the MC was already in the hands of woman no 3, the thief. I don't know...but correct me if something goes wrong.
    so the concubine asked the thief for help (because they were like siblings) to take care of the MC. (beginning of the legendary theft case)
    That's why in MC's memory her mother is the thief.

6. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he was like that at their first meeting, but the baroness told him MC and Damian saved her and told him to apologize. He did and MC started meeting the baroness thrice a week (walk, talk and so). MC also helped the Baron (and his son) anticipating few things from the novel / solving some problems (find out the new metal is actually a monster, helping the guy who makes weapons heal his eye so he can make the swords with the monster ore, bringing the raven people to work making the swords so the blacksmith would not overwork…). After all that the Baron family loves Mc a lot and the Baron is more than willing to adopt her. She improved the Baron’s family relationship a bit too. The one who hesitated was the Duke . After knowing the Baroness situation (Alzheimer?), MC decided to tell the Duke she wanted to change and be adopted by the Duke himself. He refused her by saying he doesn’t like annoying things (so sad, MC tried to keep the “I’m used to it” act, but it’s clear she was disappointed and sad. Who wouldn’t?). Then eventually the Baron told the Duke he was super willing to adopt MC and the Duke hesitated, saying that if this adoption happened, MC would be the Baron’s granddaughter and NOT daughter (so MC would only be the Dukes daughter… Yeah, he is a little ~).

oh, at this point the Duke also likes Mc very much, but he doesn’t show that very well. MC to helped the Duke sleep so he wouldn’t have nightmares (he always have because of the craziness in his blood). At first the Duke only indulged Mc, thinking nothing would change, but then when he realized it was morning and he really didn’t have nightmares (something that only the Duchess could do).
    Also, the first time MC went out, she bought Damian earrings. There’s a tradition that the children would buy gifts for their parents and close ones in their first time out. The Duke was waiting for his gift and for a moment though the earrings were for him (so funny), but then MC gave them to Damian. But MC did prepare a gift to the Duke - she captured some bad wanted guys. Yeah, that’s thanks to the Dukes attitude - MC thought he would like other stuff, but would appreciate she being “useful”.

Minaeli, Asya.M, SammieUy and 58 others like this.
  7. Nikibunny

Nikibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes you feel sorry for og ellie cause he's daughter dies outside because she was a bully growing up in a terrible environment .

8. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder exactly what kind of relationship Duke n duchess had since his wife is gone and he didn't tried to search her or why he was doubting about king and duchess have something like having affairs it's sad in 1st life the og child died alone in loneliness and how poor duchess got trapped but her husband is kind of useless.

9. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take it as a grain of salt. The Duke went to war and the Duchess was fine then. They loved each other it seems. But by the time the Duke came back, the duchess was already gone. The king probably waited for the Duke to be away to act in a way to fool everyone somehow. I don’t know the details, but I do know that both promised each other to buy gems or something like that (one red and one green) after the war, but, well, never happened. Also, the Duke had no idea she was pregnant, but learned about her death somehow?

Maybe he had a really busy time? I mean, without the duchess and the church denying holy water, he had to deal with his craziness. Soon after his friend died and their son was lost. He was searching the whole place for the child and also had another duchy to take care. And dealing with the royal family, politics, maybe war… that is no excuse, I know, but there’s a chance the emotional element also played a key part in all this. The big “what if…” can be terrifying. But that’s just my supositiont of course.

EDIT: oh, I’ll add some spoilers about MCs mother:

MC described her mother as having red hair and purple / violet eyes, so, the person who raised her was the empress sister who was also the concubine of the emperor. It was also revealed that the empress framed her sister(the mother Mc knows of): she said her sister stole a sacred stone / gem (which is rarer, expensive and monopoly of the church. It’s a rechargeable mama stone. Mana stones, once depleted, are useless.), but of course she didn’t. And coincidentally we know that her mother (which now I believe refers to the empress sister) was condemned as a thief for stealing from HER (and empress’) father. Yes, the her own family. That sucks. She was bullied since always because she is illegitimate and the emperor liked her for being less imposing than the empress (despite both liking like twin sisters).
    The second prince, empress son, knows his father had a blond lady locked in a tower and that there was, maybe, two lovers.To me, seems a lot like people confused MCs biological mother (duchess) with the empress sister (that was also locked there and raised Mc after the duchess died).

EDIT2: oh, another thing I just learned:

seems like since the craziness started to affect the Dukes family (a curse they received after trying to hurt / steal from the mana tree or something like that according to one of the characters), the family only gave birth to male children. So, I guess that’s another reason why the Duke never considered the possibility of having a baby girl with the duchess.

EDIT3: oh, and I don’t have the MTL, I’m reading the Spanish translation.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  10. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    So the duke didn't adopt MC until the end? Kinda shitty father then? Not cute fluffy father?

11. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imperial family was faking the fact that they were blessed by God or the holy tree(I don't remember),but they were actually stealing from them.Mc is recognized as a illegitimate daughter of the emperor because she has the powers only the royals are supposed to have,but she is not.
    That is because her mother was one of the last persons of a group that was blessed by God and that's why Emperor killed her.
    MC decides to roll with it and enter the imperial family to learn what happened with her mother.
    Along the way she reveals to the duke that she is actually his daughter,they cry,they hug,it was very emotional.
    Then there's a coup,mc reveals to everyone what the imperial family did and she calls the duke father and everybody is like "what??You faked it and you wanted to be empress?"
    Mc reveals that since she is the one with the holy powers according to some law she is the only one with a real claim to the throne and become the Empress.Happy ending,she is super close with daddy and hubby,they visit her mother's grave,couple talks about having 3 babies and that's the ending.(Maybe now that theres a manwha the author will do side stories with their children)

Nekozzzzzzzz, Meri, Minaeli and 68 others like this.
  12. rhymeep

rhymeep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then what about the original female lead? was it a 'novel' in the first place? Ellie didn't even remember the title so I'm unsure ....

I mean, Ellie's mother saw with her power that Ellie will become the empress, so I was wondering if the 'novel' she saw was actually just a vision of the future from her power, but she thought it was a novel, used that vision to plan about the future and become the empress like how her mother visioned Ellie will be.

13. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OG FL

She's fake...or rather artificial?.
    She was born from the results of experiments on the body of MC's mother. The church is doing something forbidden or evil, namely conducting experiments on the remains of the human body.
    That's why she has a trace of energy from MC's mother (divine power).

She was scripted as the real Duke & Duchess daughter, so the MC would be labeled as a fake? And for (MC) will successfully recognized as a king's daughter/princess because she has physical signs such as royalty-like blonde hair.

OG FL is a saint, if she is acknowledged to be Duke's biological daughter ... automatically the one who becomes engaged & married to Demian is her. Well.. she fall in love with Demian.

As proof that OG FL is the duke's biological daughter...she has the power to calm the curse in the duke's blood. And that power belongs only to Duchess. It's a fact that's hard to deny.

feel free to correct if I'm wrong...

SofiyeJaan, Am_elf, Ne18 and 44 others like this.
  14. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She saves both damian and the duke on the war.
    When they come back there's a huge banquet where the emperor gives rewards to everybodywho made a great contributionin the war.He asks the sain where she wants to rest and she looks all lovey dovey to Damian and he says that he wishes to spend time with his wife and family,as they are the ones who supported him.No one can deny this fact and the saint is sent somewhere else.Theres a lot of scenes where she tries to look close to Damian,she calls him by his name in front of his wife even though is common sense that only lovers can do so,and starts crying when Ellie corrects her.The nobles and royal that are trying to gain her favor also keep saying to her that she is the one what should be with Damian and the white lotus believes it(she reminds me a lot of the og fl in I'm ready to divorce)
    About the whole fake daughter thing,I don't remember very well what Ellie did,but she fixed the paternity test that the imperial family sabotaged and proved the sain was a fake daughter.The duke never believed she was his daughterto begin with and since the beggining he said to the emperor that he would regret tarnishing his wife's memory.

SofiyeJaan, Minaeli, Am_elf and 57 others like this.
  15. Okkagivi

Okkagivi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In what chapter do children grow up?

ugh, og fl makes me a very annoying character. I hope his appearance is brief and doesn't go on too long.

16. AugusteDaisy

AugusteDaisy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler!!
    So anyway, why is MC having blond hair? Despite the duke have black hair and duchess have red hair?

17. Alicelz

Alicelz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't the one who has red hair is the thief or the concubine ? And the duchess has blond hair?

18. Chris_

Chris_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I know the duchess does not have blond hair. The royal family are the blonds that is one of the reasons why they think mc is a royal. Just gathered this from past spoilers. I also want to know why mc is blond

bleedingliar24 and layyu like this.
  19. AugusteDaisy

AugusteDaisy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I got it! You're right @Alicelz, the one with red hair is concubine/the thief. Meanwhile, the duchess have blond hair because of the power(holy power/tree power) smt like that

20. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Second on this. My phone can't handle a whole lot of wall text of MTL so I can accept a summary for now. We could start on some brief phrases where we could expand once questions are asked for emphasis