Spoiler I Don’t Want To Be Duke’s Adopted Daughter-in-law/입양된 며느리는 파양을 준비합니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Spoiling Queen, Mar 6, 2021.

1. magfuentes

magfuentes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DM with your email

2. Minhwan

Minhwan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The confusing thing is after the Duke learned that Ellie is his biological child did he claim her guardianship to the Baron? Like the Duke adopted Damian and Baron adopted Ellie so the two can get married? What will happen to Damian who got adopted by the Duke? Like do they still proceed to the married plan where Ellie is still Baron adopted child and Damian as Duke adopted son while knowing the true origin of Ellie???

It's so confusing, wth... The whole family tree is messed up. Ellie who should have a name of Duke in her name even if they're not married cause she is the biological child. Is Damian going to inherit the name of Duke (don't remember the name of other Duke) or the Duke (MC's real father).

If the Duke knew that the MC is his real child and don't do anything to make her into the family (if Damian and Ellie will get married I know Ellie will still go into the family tree but stated as a wife of the Duke) I want to know if Ellie will be stated in the family as a daugther of the Duke, not the Wife of Duke Damian like ughhhhhh that's so shitty of father if he didn't do anything about it knowing Ellie is his child

I know my explanation is so messy but bear with me.

babayagu and RubySBS like this.
  3. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh. I don't think he adopted ML? He's raising him almost like a ward in lieu of his friend the other Duke who died. This is just a guess, but I feel by the terms "adopted" and "adopted daughter-in-law", it's more referring to the way he's treating them when they're brought into the family (not their legal status).

He's raising the ML like a son (the way you would an adopted child) but he isn't legally/formally adopting him because that would (generally) negate all claims ML has on his own biological father's dukedom.

He's also raising the MC like a "daughter-in-law". I believe this refers to an Asian practice (idk about Europe, it may happen but I haven't heard examples of it) of raising another child with your own child with the expectation that they'll marry when they grow up. And is more of a reference to the "excuse"/"reasoning" he uses to bring her into the household. It doesn't necessarily reflect the reality of how she is treated when she grows up.

daviemae and torte1315 like this.
  4. torte1315

torte1315 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep yep this is true; “adopting” someone in your family in this case (and also irl) doesn’t necessarily mean that a complete legal adoption would happen and the person who’s adopting the adoptee would assume a parental role. this can be seen sinilarly in old customs in east asia, especially japan, where a guy is adopted into the family and is expected to marry the daughter and take over as heir; however, he would take on his wife’s surname to keep the family name strong and handed down to their children. in the novel’s case, it’s more like a ward or a guardianship. europe also has this thing, like theon greyjoy from game of thrones. he was raised and grew up in winterfell as part of the starks since he was 10, because he was a ward of ned. he also didn’t take the stark surname since he was male and had a huge chance to claim the iron isles and the greyjoy seat. i’ve also read some biographies of historical people who lived around 100 AD to the middle ages who were sent to live with powerful families and married the daughters while still keeping their own surname. cmiiw, but mary of scots is also an example of this. as a 10 year old, she was sent to live in france to live with the royal family because she was betrothed to the dauphin francis, and essentially, in a way, the king and queen became her guardians/adoptive parents. she was raised in the french customs and then married him too. even with the stuarts’ exclusion to the rights of the british throne in henry viii’s will, it cannot be denied that mary, having the same ancestry as elizabeth i and mary i, was as much an eligible heir and also had a claim to its seat (even if it did lead to an act of treason because elizabeth had already taken over).

babayagu, MariaAthenaKYu and Kezi like this.
  5. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Main story is finished in booktoki222 (up to ch 241) if anyone wants to read the raws. No side stories though :blobcry:

6. pushok228

pushok228 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Ddytoji likes this.
  7. hazelna

hazelna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the complete side story? i want to read it

8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

It fills me with great joy every time we break a trope of the high ranking people/notable cast members don’t fall for the white lotus. Even better if MC is able to fight back but it’s such a relief in the latest MTL manhwa chapter, ML ain’t falling for the tricks, MC outsmarts white lotus, and so far the servants are still pro-MC and don’t just magically “Oh, it’s a priest’s word”, even the spoilers mention the Duke won’t fall for it when the adopted daughter in law arc starts

its0k likes this.
  9. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, if after he knows the truth, then isnt Ellie, legally, is the heir to the Duchy? he cant just send her away to another household that easily, yeah? who will inherit the Duchy if she went over there? and now she even became Emperor? both Damian and Ellie are sole heirs to their respective household, so it doesnt make sense for her to drop her family name. this is a serious issue that i see through the spoilers here.

in a way, their union merged both Duchies and they abolished the old Imperial Family. i understand that Damian will still the head of his household since Ellie took the throne and he became her consort, but what about her house? they would need at least two to continue their lineage and households, respectively, but then, they also need to maintain the new Imperial Family bloodline....

their union is way too powerful, a combination of a military and a economy powerhouses, and now they even control the Imperial Family, a triple alliance that bound by blood ties, surely the nobles wont stay still? like, all the powers of the empire literally in their hands.

so, in my opinion, this scenario is a bit ...wild, even for fantasy themes.

MariaAthenaKYu and layyu like this.
  10. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She already said before she would like 3 kids,so the duchys and throne should be safe.
    Reminds me of I'll be the matriarch in this life where MC wanted 3 kids to Inherit her father's title,land and business;Her grandfather title,lands and businesses;and her husband throne.

Minaeli, layyu and Astellar like this.
  11. Serphinalily

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really into that complicated. People can hold multiple titles at one and decide to give titles to kids in different manners.

For example the crown prince in England is called "the prince of Wales". It isn't some meaningless fluffy title. They are literally given a specific property of the crown connected to the title and the specific title.

It's the same here. The MC can hold multiple titles and decide whether she wants to pass them all to the same child and split them between multiple children.

There's no law saying you can't hold multiple titles at the same time.

layyu likes this.
  12. Selene830

Selene830 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the fake priest girl and the guy that was defending her?

13. Rule 1608

Rule 1608 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is my theory. She is the emperors treasure. Because they never say what the treasure is.

Jeneah16 likes this.
  14. Jeneah16

Jeneah16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's not that shitty emperor's 'treasure'. Read the spoiler about Ellie's real identity and you will know:cry:

15. Emrald

Emrald Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to know why The MC's blonde?? My brain is not braining.... I can't believe I registered just for this.

Eri96 likes this.
  16. Serphinalily

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can't she be blond? Her mom is blond.

17. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels usually make the kids a copy of their parents,but in reality it's not always like this.
    I have cousins in both sides of the family that have brown haired parents but they were born blondes.

18. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_20230918-092747_Instagram.jpg
    The novel will be licensed in english by Tapas.
    Chapters can be unlocked each 3h for free,buying coins or watching ads

AnniePoo, CerezaMala and its0k like this.
  19. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Season 2 returns October 22nd.
    [​IMG]

20. MariaAthenaKYu

MariaAthenaKYu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question: How did Ellie prove that she's the daughter of the duke?

It's the wife and the improvements in the Wife's health that made the Baron Soften up to him...