Discussion I don't understand this Chinese author?!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Reugros14, Nov 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reugros14

Reugros14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you say that these series look interesting? What if told you they are the SAME FUCKING THING? Read more for my journey across the world of moonrune flashy IT-based websites to find this conspiracy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Let me ask, first of all, if you have ever read the manhua :- I have Nine Female Disciples 《 我有九个女徒弟》. Well I did, and I found the translations were quite behind so I went ahead to read the raw version of manhua.

AND THEN, on the first page of the latest chapter I just, for some ungodly reason, glanced over the info page. You know the page where they tell the name of the manhua, the author etc. There it was specifically written that this shit was not adapted from the novel that I thought it was from, you know same title novel. Rather it was《The Nine Realms Emperor God》. (Oh that's the third picture)

Well I lost my shit. My whole journey through this manhua turned out to be a lie. So then, as any sane person with whatever little knowledge of Chinese would do, I used my BRAIN to find out the there's three novels written by the author named 《I'm a dumbass after all》.
    This mf literally reposted the fucking series under three titles, all the chapter having the same ToC and content in the chapters. I suppose only 《Peerless Emperor God》was different or maybe it was 《Nine Realms Emperor God 》which had 1258 chapters, unlike the other two which had 1260 chapters, and fun fact same fucking chapter titles.

Can someone explain this conspiracy? Is it like Joe Rogan PODCAST And Joe Roag Podcast HIGHLIGHTS. Like wtf?! Why would you do something that'd confuse the fuck out of someone who's got no fucking idea....!!!

And then I started reading the novels. Man, good NUT!

readerz likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's rebadging/badge engineering. If auto-manufacturers have been doing it open and aboveboard for years, why can't Chinese authors? :blobpeek:

P.S. Now try to find out who the "author" plagiarized for their rebadged content.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  3. Reugros14

Reugros14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he plagiarized, there won't be a manhua otherwise. The only thing I think chinese authors plagiarize is the..............................courting death characters. Yeah.

4. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like patent troll? So other books won't be using the same name?
    Or maybe the contract restrictions that the author can't use the name on other sites. Or maybe reserving the title for future books.

5. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

lol this is funny and weird. I looked them up and they're all on the same site and being updated at the same time (except one is a day ahead), all with different viewership numbers and different reader comments. I dunno, maybe he's just doing it to maximize the number of readers he can get?? Two of them were started at the same time.

Link: http://www.tiandizw.com/newauthor/98211279.html

6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao wtf bbq omg ketchup and chilli sauce also mustard

wow this author is a genius

7. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Note, however, that the 字数 and more importantly the 粉丝 are essentially identical. If I was a betting man, I'd say that this is an artifact of some site issue where he did some rebranding to change the name (twice?!), but the only way that 'worked' was for two duplicate entrees to be created as well. No other explanation for this.

whitespade likes this.
  8. animefan

animefan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Update:
    This author really did a 4th version of this novel LOL:
    [​IMG]

9. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link