I don't understand Zhanxian Cultivation

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Crimshine, Nov 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi !

Please help me! Just started reading Zhan Xian but I'm confused about his body roots and other things.

So please correct me if I'm wrong:
    A body can have up to 5 spirits roots, from different elements (Water, Earth, Fire, Wind, and something else)
    At first he had only a spirit root of fire but aquired the other from killing immortals.
    Also, they have different quality based on how 'complete' they are.
    Then, a body can also have 5 phases of yin and yang and that's the part that confuse me the most. What's this? No idea...
    So to have a balanced body he need to cultivate all of them to the same level.
    He cultivated his 5 spirits roots first I think to the first layer (or level I don't remember exactly) and fire to the second layer then now he cultivate his yin and yang.
    But he is at the first level of Qi condensation, in the begining I thought that the layer he is in his spirit root is the cultivation level but it doesn't seems to be the case since he is at spirit root Lv 2 but Qi condensation Lv1...

So yeah I'm really confused please I humbly ask for some pointers !

Hunta likes this.
  2. Altaris01

Altaris01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually he only has a fire spirit root that was mega refine when he was killing immortals and evolved (i think this may be wrong because i dont remember well), the thing is that he cultivate all 10 types of spirit power for example take earth there is 1 earth and 2 earth because one belongs to the yang and other to the yin and he does that for all the spirit power so he can have balance. A higer lvl spirit root makes just easy to cultivate but is not your cultivation level. i hope that helps

Crimshine likes this.
  3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    think that way
    spiritual root = container
    qi condensation and above level = liquid(alcohol) you gather inside the container
    his 5 phases = 5 kinds of liquids(alcohol) you can mix
    and in his previous life he focus on fire only

Crimshine likes this.
  4. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure the 5 roots are for your talent and not cultivation, so he has perfect talent for fire, wood, metal, water and earth there is no yin or yang it is just fire,water,wood,metal and earth talent. Then when you cultivation you can choose between yin fire(cold fire) yang fire(hot fire) and normally you only cultivate 1 path out of 10 but he is cultivating all 10

Crimshine and asriu like this.
  5. UniverseCreator

UniverseCreator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure that there are 2 different types of phases of spirit roots, ying and yang. So a total of 10 spirit roots. 2 fire, 2 metal, 2 water, etc.

Crimshine likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically, there are 5 elements

Wood Fire Earth (metal/Wind) Water

Each of those elements has two aspects

Yin and Yang

this gives you the 10 spirit roots.

So there are 10 possible paths of cultivation

Now in addition to the standard circulation of power, you have to consider that the elements strengthen or weaken each other based on the element cycle

(for example, wood makes fire So if you had a wood root and an fire root, you could cycle your qi along your meridians to strength your roots, then when you needed, cycle your wood energy laterally to enhance your fire temporarily) which is the basics of formation fighting.

The main character due to his 10 roots, can combine his energies in the most favorable ways for whatever he needs to do, so fighting him is the same as fighting 10 trained cultivators working together of the same level in a formation.

So put it into game terms

His cultivation is his MP pool

His roots are his skill trees

He has all 10 trees unlocked instead of just one. and gets a synergy bonus for unlocking paired trees.

k1nk4, LightOrNot and Crimshine like this.
  7. tearteto

tearteto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there are different grades of spirit root, from 0-100 quality, 100 being a full spirit root of each of the 5 phases / elements.
    each element can be subdivided into yin or yang - think of these as positive and negative poles.
    any cultivator can cultivate multiple phases provided they have a spirit root, and a significant amount of time and patience and compatible methods.
    the MC has obtained full spirit roots for the 5 phases, and cultivates all 5 phases in their yin and yang sides separately.

Crimshine likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    let see his spirit root have fire root more dominant than other that why on his previous live he focus on cultivation based on fire element
    for yin yang and why he wait for other element to level up it because of he take yin yang phase cultivation that need balance from each element to display full power. That also why he goes to pavilion to read other element cultivation to broaden his knowledge on other element based cultivation~

Crimshine likes this.
  9. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much all of you for the info it does help my poor brain a lot!

10. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are spirit roots you can be born with that vastly increase your cultivating talent in that world, and its quality will determine your cultivating power and speed. Also if Im not mistaken if you don't have any spirit root I don't think you can cultivate. Nobody really understands how to increase your spirit root post-natally in that world and only understand how to test for the spirit roots one was born with. Some madman the MC had helped to kill in his 10000 year past bragged about how he slaughtered thousands of people before he became a cultivator, and using a special technique developed his spirit root post-natally (aka after he was born) to max it out and become extremely talented in fire cultivation.

So being reborn what does MC do?
    Well he just slaughters the top immortals of heaven and utterly maxes out all his spirit roots post-natally, become the most talented cultivator possible in all 5 elements, and their yin and yang sub groups.

Crimshine likes this.
  11. Osaleh

Osaleh Nightmare Serpent Bloodline Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly they dont use the traditional western elements but the five eastern elements: earth, fire, water, metal, wood.

For each element there is a yin and yang form. As in theres yang wood and yin wood. But they are ordered in a certain way: first wood, second wood,etc ... where the odd numbers are yang and the even numbers are yin.

From what i understand spirit roots is like talent in a physical form, in alm9st all cases the only way u get one is when u're born with one but our MC found a special way to get around this ofcourse.

As for layers; they are levels of strength. Normally ppl build up one type of energy that they feel closest to or like and ignore others, and even if they did build up others it would take a really long time and not help much. Only if u have a really good spirit root but wanted to study another element would you be able to study two simaltaniously, but ppl with spirit roots normally specialize in their area of talent. But our MC has spirit roots for all elements so can simaltaniously cultivate all of them at a good speed, thats also considering that hes cultivated through these levels before or it would be incredibly hard without guidance. But like I said layers are the build up of one type of energy so our MC who has 10 (taking their yin and yang into account) has different types of energies at different levels cause hes obviously more talented and experienced in fire than the others so that one will be stronger than the others.

I hope this helped

Crimshine likes this.
  12. bbqs

bbqs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand, a person has a 'main' spiritual root which is the one the sects look for when they're recruiting. In the future, someone will discover a 'hidden' spiritual root that some people have (forgot what they're really called). So a person with a weak 'main' spiritual root but has a strong 'hidden' root could be considered as trash by a sect when they cultivate for the element of they're main one but actually they could have been considered as geniuses if they cultivated their strong 'hidden' root. For example, his master has a good fire main root but she also has an even more amazing water hidden root.

Yang Chen's main spiritual root is fire with no hidden root, which is not that great. It's why he's not treated well in the sect at the start, because they don't know the existence of the hidden root at that point. In the future, YC becomes friends with this guy who teaches him a certain technique which can grow a 5 colored OP hidden root if the person kills a ton of cultivators, the stronger the better, and it just so happens YC manages to execute a ton of super strong cultivators so he gets the best root possible. The 5 phases of yin and yang enables him to cultivate all elements, with each element having a yin and a yang aspect. so he has like 10 people's worth of cultivation per stage. The downside is that his cultivation is 10 times slower and he must find the best cultivation techniques / tools for each element. (which isn't really much of a problem due to his future knowledge)

Basically YC has 2 roots, 1 fire and 1 5 colored one.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016