Spoiler I Failed to Divorce My Husband

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by fireflying, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, do we have TL1 spoilers? I agree with the discussion on the cheating and all (like did MLs family get any advantage in marrying MC?)
    Because if the only reason he fell for OGheroine is for some reason she miraculously cured his dark past and abuse and he's just pissed at OGbody for well... being unaware and being reminded of constantly the 10 years he followed his abusive family, then uhhh... I don't have much new to say

Nikibunny and Xienne like this.
  2. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This is why some of the shoujo mls and fls seem problematic for me because of this one. I really see it as a problem because cheating is cheating you can't just romanticize it. Y'know. The authors will try to make it reasonable tho.. so it will somehow comfort the readers to think that it's alright depends on situation.
    For example the villainess, they have to make them to be the obsessive bitch just to justify the problematic actions of the main couple (lol). I kinda pity them. tho they actually have the right.

And the main couple sometimes, don't even feel apologetic towards the villainess. Again, depends on the situation.

3. Jung-shi

Jung-shi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahm spoiler???

4. lidae

lidae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don’t be a discussion thread

Ravenz, Ciddos, jkumi7 and 1 other person like this.
  5. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    indeed I dont mind discussions and can understand having them .. but can we wait until we get some real spoilers to discuss before we have full on rants ? (not that i dont understand people getting frustrated)

6. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t get it? Correct me if I’m wrong, The ML found his true love and then divorced the FL, right? It didn’t say he cheated or having an affair? So why is it that it became an affair?

Also according to the provided mtl chapter 1, the guy had been asking for divorce for a long time and its just won’t happen because the origMC don’t agree. Basically she’s obsessed? I’m not justifying the ML, I just want some clarification. Anyway more spoilers please.:blob_plusone:

7. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah he totally had an affair. bc aiden asked for a divorce, but og erin didn't give permission, so he stayed married to og erin while yulia "opened his heart" implying og erin had to see the two of them being lovey-dovey all the time, driving her crazier. it may or may not have been a physical affair (not really enough info to tell in the two chapters), but he definitely emotionally cheated.

athene911, sovokop, Enmea and 12 others like this.
  8. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    now I regret collecting some of the chapters I don’t want to read another a**hole ML even if it’s happened in the original :blobexpressionless:

9. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that rules out 99% of all transmigration/reincarnation stories. So long as it isn't a return I give the ML some leeway.

We may get more information later on the original story later. They are often told through a flowery lens of the FL's perspective.

10. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I get it, thanks. So the blame should not be put on the ML only because marriage is a 2 way processed, the orig Erin is just hurting herself trying to maintain a marriage knowing that the ML do not love her. Kinda sad for her not to be reciprocated but her prohibiting to set the Ml free will only meant more mental and emotionally abuse which is the reason why she attempt to kill Yulia.

Btw, is Yulia evil or not?

11. Fishyla

Fishyla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh, not much spoiler/story is available yet, so I’ll reserve judgement on the ML. But seriously if you’ve read the first chapter, og!FL seemed extremely toxic, what with injuring the ML and venting to the people around him. I imagine if the gender was reversed, no one’s going to judge the other from finding comfort with a better person. ML went from abusive nanny to abusive wife, I’m not faulting him for leaning towards a person who he thought sincerely cared for him. Current spoiler’s opinion anyway.

other than that, bump for spoilersss pleaseeee

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    Cyzzane, Inasible, Nikibunny and 12 others like this.
  12. Niyangrapik

Niyangrapik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping for spoilers :blobpopcorn:

13. shinjij

shinjij Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reason Aiden and Eilee get married:
    It gets revealed that they were married because the Duke was building a new trade route and had to go through Eilee's family's territory. (Read: Eilee's family would get political ties, and the Duke would get to build his trade route more cheaply).

How Aiden and Eilee become friends:
    In the current story with transmigrated Eilee, she runs into the nanny and Aiden while Eilee was going around the mansion looking for Aiden. (Aiden had been hiding/running away from her for days). Eilee recognizes that the nanny is abusing Aiden. Eilee realizes that Aiden's condition of not being able to stand being touched originates from the nanny's abuse.

The nanny holds a lot of authority within the household because of her position so Aiden knows that they would never take his side. Aiden and his parents are kind of on neutral terms in that they exist with one another. The Duke and Duchess are known to not have a good relationship either.

Eilee wraps a cloth around Aiden's arm and pulls him out of the situation with the nanny. Afterwards, Eilee tells Aiden that she wants to be friends, and that she has his back, so he should have hers. No one has ever said this to Aiden before, so he asks Eilee why? Eilee responds, because we're husband and wife now. Later, Aiden realizes that he's happy while pondering over what Eilee had said - that they're on the same side.

The first steps to fixing a family:
    Eilee is respectful of Aiden's condition and helps him through it by being respectful of his condition, helping him out of situations wherein people could have discovered his condition (this is a no-no because he's the Duke's successor), and interfering with the nanny.

Aiden is okay with touching Eilee and Eilee touching him. He even likes it when Eilee pats his head. Eilee gives Aiden homework: to have one physical interaction with someone that isn't her. The reward Aiden asks for is for Eilee to pat his head.

Meanwhile, Eilee's nanny, Mona, is annoying the nanny. Mona asks Aiden's nanny questions and advice on every little thing using the excuse that Mona is new to the Duke's residence. Just as the nanny is at her wits end, the Duke and Duchess returned from their territory. (They left for their territory to take care of business the day after Aiden and Eilee got married). Aiden's nanny schemes to make Eilee look bad. While the nanny is giving the Duke and Duchess a status report, she insinuates that Eilee is incompetent. Thinking that the Duke and Duchess would start to form a bad impression of Eilee, the nanny is surprised when the Duchess takes on a "we shall see" kind of attitude and dismisses the nanny.

The family has breakfast together every morning. During breakfast, Eilee is somewhat mystified by the way the Duchess spoke to her as she had been expecting a reaction from the nanny's report. (Eilee was already expecting that the nanny would try to get the Duke and Duchess to have a bad impression of her). But it seemed like the Duchess almost liked Eilee.

The Duchess invites Eilee to tea. She is aware that Eilee and Aiden get along really well, and that Aiden is much happier with Eilee. During the tea time, the Duchess tells Eilee that she is going to give Eilee authority over the servants.

Eilee spends a lot of time talking to the servants, and makes an effort to under stand the servants' different positions and jobs. Eilee realizes that the nanny gave the "better" jobs to the servants that she liked, even if they were bad at it or unqualified. As a result there was a lot of inefficiencies. On the day that Eilee is announcing the changes, some of the servants are unhappy with the changes and cry out that Eilee can't change their jobs. Eilee uses facts to point out that they were making a lot of mistakes, and that the mistakes could be fixed by putting the appropriate person in the related position. The nanny uses this as an opportunity to incite a small coup d'etat to make Eilee look bad.

The Duchess shows up and is angry with the servants' attitude as she granted Eilee that authority. The nanny throws out that people can't have a position just because they like it. Eilee responds that she knows, but she wants people to have the opportunity to work and grow in a position that they are well suited for. However, because she knows that there are some jobs that no one wants, that she wants to raise the pay for those positions and to make sure no one looks down on those positions. The Duchess is very pleased with Eilee's response and how she came to her decisions. The nanny's plan is foiled.

Eilee realizes that the Duchess wants to get closer to Aiden. Eilee thinks that it would be a good thing for the family to become closer, so she tells the Duchess that Aiden walks through the garden after his swordsmanship practice every day. Eilee is observing from afar, the Duchess and Aiden running into each other in the garden. The situation was so painfully awkward that Eilee runs over to assist. The Duchess and Aiden are both relieved. During the walk, the Duchess reaches her hand out to remove a petal from Aiden's head. But Aiden freezes. He is clearly extremely uncomfortable by her action. The Duchess tries to laugh it off. She realizes that something is off about her son's reaction, and starts to investigate.

Eventually, the Duchess gets a report detailing how the nanny has been abusing Aiden. She is extremely upset and angry. The Duchess has always loved Aiden. What she had truly wanted was to spend time with Aiden as he grew up and be more involved. However, she had to force herself to turn away from Aiden because her attention would cause Aiden's position as the Duke's successor to become unstable. (As a pre-spoiler, it's not because of the Duke). She forced herself to ignore Aiden. The Duchess is aware and regretful, that her actions contributed to her son's condition.

The Duchess had chosen the nanny because when the nanny was a servant, she had stayed up all night taking care of Aiden when he was sick. The Duchess had thought that the nanny was fond of Aiden and would take good care of him. She never expected the nanny to betray her like this. The Duchess confronts the nanny and has her dragged out of the mansion immediately.

athene911, assiralc_, Ac03 and 132 others like this.
  14. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, if you know more, please share with us:blobok:

15. Niyangrapik

Niyangrapik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yayyy that nanny is out and thanks for the spoiler :bloblove:

simplysharonda likes this.
  16. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
  17. olivia203295

olivia203295 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More please :aww:

18. lifelessbean

lifelessbean Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

olivia203295 likes this.
  19. Xinxin06

Xinxin06 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for these spoilers ☺️ We really appreciate it .

I am very curious to read about the future encounter with the other female lead.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Niyangrapik and ArkiV_10 like this.