I find this hard to believe

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*Generous Penny-Pincher*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro, Indian TV serials are similar to cultivation novel MCs... they both (strive to) live eternally. Not much space for new content, then.
    Based on my limited understanding.

3. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict Half-Shota Half-Adult grrrr.......

Reading List:
    Link
    Indian TV serials really, are you kidding me!? I hate most of the Indian television system as most of these serials are just based on bad drama and rinse and repeat with only few nice historical and comedy serials (and those too repetitive) in between with no originality and only copied concepts:facepalm:

yue chen and Dr_H_16 like this.
  4. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese dramas are not exactly better. The point here is quantity not quality

Kansuou likes this.
  5. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the article and I don't find its findings surprising. However, it's pretty easy to misunderstand it if you don't pay attention to the fact that Variety is an industry publication. When it says "drama" it doesn't mean the standard definition of drama; instead it's talking about the drama genre as opposed to any other TV genre. And it's this category that Chinese TV makes a ton of.

Are you sure about that? I don't watch a lot of TV shows but from what I see, there seems to be quite a few decent Chinese dramas out there.

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not saying they arent good ones. The point of the article is quantity. I believe he assumed I was saying Indian TV shows were better.
    From the article they used drama interchangeably to mean drama genre but also mentioned scifi
    I know about the difference. I am not faulting the article but Bollywood is notorious for producing a bootload of movies and Bollywood is just a part of India, when you had Tollywood and the others, the scope is ridiculous
    But like was pointed out they dont producing many TV shows, they just have long running ones