Spoiler I fuck'en hate being conflicted when knowing that a LN had darker events prior to publication.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lazriser, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wound me surprise, I just found out in the original story of Sword Art Online, the two cadets in the academy arc in Underworld, were actually raped when he found them; it was all too late. I also discovered that one of the rapists survive the ordeal... like what the fuck? There is also the other time I spoiled myself with the ending of Atelier Tanaka, and that ending was fuck'en stupid or depressing. He died by falling into a well, even though he is technically immortal, and worst of all, he never got to fuck any of the girls, that were interested in him. As expected, that ruined the overall fun reading the story, but hopefully the ending is altered in the light novel.

I am currently conflicted, now knowing that a dark timeline (I believe all stories have parallel events including ours) in that academy arc was the original timeline. Huh? But at the same time, I'm quite satisfied... a little knowing something more about the novel, though the contents were disturbing. I shall assume that some of my favorite light or web novels had their own darker timelines, which were the original concept of the story.

If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your revelations when you found out, that the story you're reading was actually altered from either a light or dark scenario. You can place it in a spoiler with the novel title as the spoiler title.

2. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link

Ha! another fool who got suckered into reading that shit novel expecting the MC to get laid. WAKE UP!

The author clearly wrote that novel to cuck the readers, expecting anything else is just wishful thinking.

Sabruness likes this.
  3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what confuses me about Atelier Tanaka. The ending was said to be the original script of the story, but then others said that the web novel, that is currently translated is ongoing, and there is also a light novel published too. The web novel translation-site is using some of the light novel illustrations that corresponds with the chapters of the web novel, and obviously, the light novel is going to be altered to some degree. The only question I still have, is that if the original ending I've read from others is true; then where the fuck did they read it from? The web novel is ongoing in the source, meaning the ending is likely to be different from the original ending, so there are now possible three endings for Atelier Tanka alongside with its respective alterations in each version. For now, I shall still hope the web novel is not the original, because it would make no sense, and of course, at least he gets one of the girls in the web or light novel.

I don't want this comedy of an OP character to be something like Adam's Adolescent hiatus, because what the fuck did I read in that last volume. Weirdest and confusing shit, I've read so far, story-wise.

4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so do we add tragedy tag to Atelier Tanaka?

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, editors exist to help the author in making their story a better one. The author has some freedom to change events.

In the afterword of one of SAO volumes, he says he actually considered keeping Eugeo alive after all the whole thing happened with Administrator in the LN version... But he decided against it in the end.

Consider the LN version the better and more well-thought version of the WN~

checkm8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.