I guess people hate Shieldbro's story now huh?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ceimur, Jan 13, 2019.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol :blobjoy:
    Me Everytime meeting ladies bringing this up
    :blobexpressionless: sigh~ :facepalm: "but these kinds of things do happen don't they ? I think the message is for the ladies being more self aware and keeping themselves safe" the reply i got mostly would always like "but these things only happens because of men can't--- bla bla bla because patriarchal way--- bla bla bla" :notlikeblob:

If the world like that there would be no police invented....

Ai chan likes this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for spoiler. But uuhhhh... what with the "dying declaration" ? A potential love interest dies ? Or she declares her love in near-death state and MC (or someone else) saves her ?

Double wtf with the Sadia girl, why is she 4 meters tall ? Dragon blood or something ? I also kinda don't understand why the girl wants to marry him after beating her in drinking. Is she in awe of his tolerance or something ? (Also i wonder if there is a reason for MC not being able to become drunk)

3. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One, no someone really dies. As for Sadinia he probably meant her beastman form as an Orca, furthermore she made a declaration that whoever beats her in a drinking game she would marry him so it’s more part of her own pride that she fell for him

4. GabeZhul

GabeZhul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadia is an Orca demi-human. In the WN, she usually stays in her demi-human form, which is huge, while in the LN she spends more time in her human form, which is an average sized pretty girl. As for the dying declaration of love, it doesn't really stick, so don't worry about it.

As for the drinking bit, the reason Naofumi is immune to alcohol is probably due to his shield, though it was theorized by another hero, who came from a world why ESP powers, that he might have the latent power of intoxication immunity. This is actually a running gag, as there is a fruit in the setting that is so alcoholic dropping one into a barrel of water is enough to make it a liquor, but the protagonist eats them for snacks, and it's used as a method of identifying him at times. Sadia gets infatuated with him because of this, and because she made a vow to only marry a man who can out-drink her. Since only the MC managed to do this, ever, she is quite persistent.

5. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right??? It even said in episode one that the melromarc queendom is a matriacal queendom. Meaning its the queen that should be ruling not trash... but nope... just it by thier linear idiotic standard not digesting anything in it at all..

6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm hater's gonna hate yanno

7. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh some people nowadays... ALWAYS find something to complain about.

Ai chan likes this.
  8. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    And then there will be people riding the wave and creating videos on youtube to earn money doing what they love most, shitting people and stuff

9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure what the media is saying but shield bro story wasn't really that great to begin with. It was fresh at the time, but if you think about it, a lot of the concepts are stupid and make no sense. And it gets worse as the story goes on.

That said, the anime itself seems to at least have better production than most animes these days.

10. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that there are many shows better than it. But shieldbro's story is a deconstruction of Isekai, hero genre. Starting with the heroes' "this is a game" mentality to the original ending where everyone dies and the heroes failed to save the world. The ending got rewritten due to fans wishing for a rewrite

Sabruness likes this.
  11. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    The original ending is author suicides. It offer fresh perspective yes but nothing qualify it as a good way to end the story. It can't even be called sad ending.

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    People in the west are too bored and have too much time on their hands nowadays. We need another world war to put the fear of gods back into them.

Chrono Vlad likes this.