Discussion I had an idea. What do think about it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Feb 16, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would it be a good idea to have a keychain that everyone can see. That’s states how clean you are?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Depends

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s impossible to cover every angle, but I still think it’s worth it

2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hospitals won't sign off on it, it puts them too much at risk of being sued if the info was "wrong", i.e the patient took the test in the incubation phase of the infection. Once the other partner catches an STD, the hospital becomes open to the possibility of a "criminal negligence" lawsuit even though the infection is undetectable at that stage. But then, public jury, how will they know that it's not detectable? To them, it's more like the hospital messed up so the chances of the hospital losing is much higher.

3. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    There are two ways to solve this. One, just like any STD check up. Just wait the needed time. Second, have it be known and in fine print on a contract that this is only good from this day and not for the intervening times.
    This was never meant to be all in compassing solution. It is only meant as a reassurance.

mir likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not exactly pure yourself.

People forget that the things that hurt the most are unintentional.
    You probably betrayed more people than you know.
    It might have been unintentional

You need to believe in others. If you had reassurance then it is no longer love or an emotional decision.
    Love has risks, if you don't want any risks then you won't get love or the best things in life.

Even the best people make mistakes, sometimes it is drunken mistakes sometimes it is mistaken outside their own control eg victim of a sex crime

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  5. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Your right to a certain degree, but your in correct on me knowing how pure I am. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one here who is in the same boat. As to other possible betrayals that’s a whole other post.

6. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    If the keychain idea is what your basing your relationship on. There is something wrong with you. In any relationship communication is key. Normally you should have talk about the whole past relationships. Not to judge or check, but to get to know one another. Sometimes you figure out the crazy’s before your to far in.
    Being a guy my emotional decisions are looks. Which is you first impression. Than as any relationship you get to know each other. The keychain is just another topic to discuss. As to mistakes. I don’t believe the majority of STD people are from sex crimes. Although I could be wrong.
    As to love risks. There will always be risks. This just lessen the over all risks by a small margin.

mir likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The point is not the keychain but that you want assurances.
    I consider your looking for assurances a slippery slope.

What if women want men to have their own keychain, one that lets say turns red if the guy has had dirty thoughts about a girl?

What is important to guys is not exactly important to girls.

Given that close to 80% of sex crimes are not reported then it is not a stretch to say a lot cause STDs.
    My point is not exactly sex crimes but the fact that people can get STDs in situations outside their control
    eg blood tranfusions
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49834904

Your whole keychain assurance system doesn't take that into consideration.

I am not up to speed but there are 1,000 ways why your keychain system is a horrible idea

Thanks to you I remembered something I probably have been trying to not remember:

South Africans rape virgins as cure for AIDs

In your system, those innocent children will get branded too with a keychain.

It is pretty obvious that your system is cruel.
    I am out, I don't want to recall more disgusting things.
    I have studied this more than the average dude

Cheers!

8. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Slippery slope. If people thought that way. There would be no innovation. We still be in caves if we all thought that way.
    I’ve never once thought or said that this was a women only thing. I believe both should be tested.
    A man having dirty thoughts. First off let’s keep this in the realm of reality and not into mind reading. Ok. Also your asking the impossible. It would be the end of the human race if men didn’t have dirty thoughts. Let’s move on.
    As to sex crimes point of view. While interesting it still has no value. As you said their unconfirmed attacks and can’t be track. Than take the next step. The rapist may not have STD. So going that route has NO significance in this post.
    As to blood transfusions. They’ve always been a risk, but that becomes a life or death choice. Personally I choose life and STD over death.
    I am all for people living their lives as normal people and not be judge by accidents or mistakes.
    I’m more worried about people who don’t give a f@#k and are ok spreading STDs.
    In the end a person that has nothing to hide. Has nothing to lose (virgin). As to people who have something to hide or even worst. Knowing they have something, but don’t care what happens to others. Is the problem.
    In the end this is a system that stops the spread of STDs. Which is a good thing. As to branding people. If the past measure work. We wouldn’t have a problem now. This new technique may solve the issue. Besides no one said you had to have it. It’s not required by law.

Wait! Are you female? Your bio said your male. If you are I’m sorry. I would have been a little more sensitive. Especially if you had been attack.

Sawanara murasaki and mir like this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am very much male.
    I know, people wonder sometimes
    Even he did @Kalto Hahaha
    It is a matter of perspective and EMPATHY!
    And dude, just use a condom.
    I am not continuing this
    I will get others who might be interested @Kira Miki

I should also summon the greatest NUFFER ever @ludagad

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  10. Kiss

Kiss {Cutie of the Chaos Family}

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell me why I'm interested in this please? The only paragraph I read is about men raping women ... OK, as a man who has been abused by women, I find it unfair and very hurtful, but whatever, have nice night ~
    Ps:
    Would it be a good idea to have a keychain that everyone can see. That’s states how clean you are?
    --> you can have a Yellow Star, it's exactly the same in my eyes

Sawanara murasaki and Nightow1 like this.
  11. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahaha, I love how you basically equalized pregnancy to an STD xD

Nah, that'd have to be updated all the time - it wouldn't be not sustainable.
    Also, anybody could just make a fake if they wanted - how would we know?

12. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    this is why couples STD testing exists.

Nightow1 likes this.
  13. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    in europe, there are less stds, statistically afaik.
    coincidentally, std testing is more widespread and cheaper there. emphasize the cheap part. also i hear they have sex ed.

in the usa, in my area, the nearest clinic had a 60$ charge for a single std test, nevermind the cost of battery of tests

the problem isn't the individuals.... where @celleit is from apparently its extremely cheap to get tested for std.

keychain won't solve anything. will create more problems, such as targetting people with them certified as clean, and all sorts of social issuies.
    many people still have the mindset sex is a secret dirty thing, this would piss off most of them.

14. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Something more formal and official should be used when it comes to verifying sensitive stuff like that. Stuff like badges, keychains, etc aren't really credible, even if he/she says it's verified. Shit like that could be easily forged.

Not to mention that that's private and sensitive information.

15. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    I worked in a hospital that did HIV testing before, who has access to your medical information is a very sensitive topic. This is a real life case but these days we are not allowed to hand results to family, only directly to the person him/herself because there was a case where the results were handed to the wife of the person who immediately sued and divorced him. The hospital was sued for releasing the information to "an unrelated party" and for causing "mental stress" and "harm to the person". Which in theory it did. So these days, envelop goes to person for HIV testings, no "family collection", even if legally s/he has the power of attorney.

Some STD comes with a social stigma and it really isn't up to the hospitals or the government to spread personal medical information out. As much as I find Wujigege detestable and his claims of "empathy" hypocritical (he's the only one whose translation site I boycott due to disgust with him), he is right in that the label of "STD" comes with a stigma and might not be the fault of the person infected. But "society" does not care. We humans tear up and eat anyone different. In the past it might be literal but these days we do it socially. Human beings are, in many ways, evil creatures.

Kira Miki is right, it's just the modern version of the Yellow Star of WWII, or even the medieval leper of the Middle Ages walking around with a bell calling "Unclean! Unclean!". Strong no to me on this topic, we should have grown out of this socially by now.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  16. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    QFT. We used to say STD's, but changed it to Sexually Transmitted Infections in recognition of the fact you can be a virgin and still carry a transmittable infection. In New Zealand it is cheap or free to get pregnancy testing, STI testing (including HIV) and contraceptives from government-run Family Planning Clinics. Regardless of sexual activity, I still go to the closest Family Planning Clinic for regular testing. Again, you don't have to have sex in order to carry an STI and I recommend regular checks if you can afford it.

17. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    ok

18. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    cant afford it, whats QFT

imK likes this.
  19. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    ......do you know how expensive that is.

20. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Quoted For Truth or Quite Fucking True depending on who you are talking with.

imK and Cutter Masterson like this.