I have a bad habit

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lurking, Jul 3, 2019.

?

What should I do in these situations?

1. Come clean

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Keep up the charade

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Leave the online community I created the persona in

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. GET OUTTA NUF YOU DIRTY LIAR

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. To anyone who may be reading this.

I have a... recurring problem.

I create online personas. Then I keep em up for 6-9 months or until someone cares about them, then I lose interest in my roleplay since I don't hate random internet strangers enough to jerk them around with a fake persona for them to waste their sympathy/emotions on, and slowly phase outta that persona letting this persona have less presense online without having a sudden departure of the persona which would cause actual worry.

And.. I may have done it again since I can't learn any lessons at all. I still pop up every now and then as an alcoholic persona elsewhere on the internet so a certain internet stranger I admire doesn't experience sudden worry at my alcoholic personas absence.

And since I have no self control I did it again, on NUF. But I really enjoy NUF and don't want to fade out....

Its really difficult since I mix in lotsa truth to make the fiction more believable. Sad part is the truth part got doubted more than the fiction portion since truth is stranger than fiction.

Addendum, I figured I might try and nip it in the bud this time.

2. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, might as well get rid of that persona~
    Well, thats just me thinking it'd be annyoing to keep up something like that, haha
    Though, considering i tend to have shifts in personality every so often and sometimed try to hide those on the internet for a while, I might not be one to talk ~

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Next time maybe u should start ur roleplay with a disclaimer stating that all personas portrayed by u r fictitious and r not intended to be mistaken for actual people and events or something. Keep repeating this at regular intervals; it might even add an unexpected element of fun. :blobpats:

4. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Put your talents to good use as a anti scam/spam consultant like this guy
    20190703_214206.jpg

5. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Confession time

Is it disappointing I find it incredibly fun to keep up these multiple personas right up until someone else has actual feelings about them?

Phew. Well, while I was scheduled to be sent to italy with relatives sometime soon I fought that and stayed with my sister. Also, I really did think they spoke french there for some reason.

And, I am not an androgynous loli, athough I am frequently mistaken as a someone between the ages of 14-18. I am unmistakenly female although I did in fact get invited to a men only triple babyshower and was very disappointed. I didn't know those happened for only men. And apparently neither did the person in charge sending invites. Yet somehow I was the only female in attendance.

I do spend lotsa time with teenage boys. I don't know why. It just happened? I aint a predator tho. I think I just got relegated to the teen d&d group.

Right, I think thats alla the beginning shape of the NUF persona. ...yes. I really have overheard teenagers discussing planning orgies on playground lawns before. That was a truth.:blobdizzy:

I don't actually know if I fade into the background? That seems like a question to be directed to people who are not me, unreliable narrator that I am.

Phew, I think thats it.

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I too have the habits to drop my horrible self on the internet once in a while, sort of a slip thing. In real life, I am just the same, except most of the time I am a horrible person who would lie and cheat my way out of work, then suddenly have a shift in personality to become hardworking, then have a shift again to procrastinate. All at the same time repeatingly blaming others and having a nasty tone in my voice which many find it offensive, which I am pleased about.

I find it easy to fade into the background, yet nastily everyone knows who you are while you completely cannot even remember their names even being with them for three years and go on a vacation for two weeks.

Haruhal likes this.
  7. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    No. My acting serves me well irl.

Unfortunately, I carry the skill into internet and warp it for roleplay automatically as soon as I get embarrased.

Like say, I discovered NUF in december. Then I forget about it until may.

Bam, I used a stray fact I offhandedly mentioned around new years to invent a new persona who couldnt NUF bcuz italy.

8. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, i too am similar like you. Years ago, i just go to internet, told people that i am a girl, a rich people, a talented whatever like that instead of trying to tell that i am the truly me.

Then, instead of becoming different compared to other, i just try to intentionally hide who am i in internet. Only indulging on some important aspect. That lead someone to misunderstand me... No need to have some persona or other shit.

Also, why bother having other persona that you can't keep up? That's not who you are when you were in front of your friend anyway.

Also, obligatory greentext dnd quote :
    kUSYRAU.png

orematcha, Femme Fatale and 0000000 like this.
  9. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I twisted for considering it a fun game?

10. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy dnd text so touching. I think I will vomit my black heart out:blobfearful:

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Many had done more horrible deeds and social studies, so no.

12. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, I totally can keep up the personas ad infinitum or until I get bored, but I usually stop enjoying myself when other people have real emotions towards the persona.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  13. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie::cookie::cookie:

If you were in Alcaholic's Anonymous, which step would this be do you think?

*lols*

14. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Hewwo. I am an evil gremlin. I got problems.

My issues got issues.

I am trying to be less of an asshole. Its a wip.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  15. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading some of your guys comments here, i want to add/correct something on my earlier statement
    While i dont fake anything, i tend to focus on the good things i have, the positve.
    The negative gets hidden, down played and/or expertly avoided.
    This may at times seem like I'm just faking a 'perfect' or 'normal' persona, haha

But if ya get close enough to me and ask the right questions, or the right topic comes up in the right way, i will show even the negative without mich restraint

Does that already count as faking a persona?

Femme Fatale likes this.
  16. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is why you never invest emotions in anyone online.
    As for what you do... there is nothing inherently wrong with that, but in your case, I think you need help tbh.... Maybe a purpose in life?

17. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Take your time, m8.

18. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    "I create online personas. Then I keep em up for 6-9 months or until someone cares about them, then I lose interest in my roleplay since I don't hate random internet strangers enough to jerk them around with a fake persona"
    "Is it disappointing I find it incredibly fun to keep up these multiple personas right up until someone else has actual feelings about them?"

You sound like a trash person. A trashy individuel that hides behind a constructed internet persona to hide how shitty you feel about yourself.
    You like keeping up a persona until someone takes an interest, and then you up and leave because the fun in fooling others have ended. Get a grip

19. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I got a purpose. She can only spend time with me for so many hours a week.:blob_teary:

20. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. I know I am trash. I don't just up and leave, I try to dissipate their interest first.

I explicitly mention not to bother about me or anything, and dont leave forever just... show up less often.

Donutmindme likes this.