Discussion I Have a Mansion in the Post-apocalyptic World's racist and insensitive author

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx, Jul 22, 2018.

1. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1st. I could say I'm not a patriotic person in the Philippines but saying citizens of a country as "monkeys" is overboard. I wanna know how come Qidian is putting this novel in their site where they know that some of their readers are being called "monkeys" in that novel.

2nd. Also, the issue in the Spratlys Islands is a very sensitive case so how come there are no censure, which their government is an expert of, on the arc pertaining the same scenario as the real one. It is really mind boggling because Qidian should know that their readers are no longer limited to China and put some effort in editing sensitive novels that could hurt other countries. In another note, I giver credit to the translator for his effort to semi censure sensitive info in the stories but futile.

So in the end, Is it possible for Qidians to edit sensitive novels because the published JNovels are getting a good job in that end.

2. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    You expect something from them? Better bet your chance elsewhere.
    No they will keep the "racist issue" in their translated novel like usual, IRAS is the perfect example.

Disgusting and Clozdark like this.
  3. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1st. The Qidian that have anything to do with us as a community is the Qidian that translates the novels. They can't edit the novels, so complaining about that here is useless.

2nd. Racism in novels isnt limited to china, and certainly not limited to Qidian, so idk why you're bringing them up specifically.

3rd. See the words up there, top of the screen? What does it say? Does it say ''Qidian forum'' or ''webnovel.com forum''? No? Then don't make complaints asking for change here, go to their forum, even tho they're just the translators, atleast it will have more chance of succes.

Sami11 and otaku31 like this.
  4. DarkLegions

DarkLegions Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, if you edit or censor part of the text in the novel, then as a translator you are no longer faithfull to truly translate the novel as it is, and thefore is no longer the same novel. I would hate to read a novel that have been edited so far from the raws or censored, since I can easily say its just a novel, not like theres gonna happen a 3WW because of it.
    And in defence of QI, even though I hate them, they are simple translating the story, not making it.

Edit:
    Ohh and if you don't like it, don't read it, its a choice that you have the privilege of having.

otaku31, barashkafromro and eros like this.
  5. Jellyfish 00

Jellyfish 00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU don't know how many novel with good setting are being destroy their patriotism and racist by wasting too much. I want to show them a mirror to look who was the real stupid they always talking about.

reader1234 likes this.
  6. reader1234

reader1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i dropped it after that chapter. I know some translators do try to censure the racism but i don't think there is a policy about it. Fact of the matter is Chinese novels are really bad with racism, honestly just about every modern setting one usually ends up having it. The novels still sell well so i doubt QI would censure them. Your best bet it just to avoid and stop reading them.

Seraphic likes this.
  7. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    its censored as Country F...

barashkafromro likes this.
  8. Jellyfish 00

Jellyfish 00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THe most interesting part here is when the author starting talking about government, military, or business they suddenly turning into a different person. This mostly happen in modern type genre and around 150 - 300 chapter where the personality of the mc change because of being a Chinese.

9. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    CN novels are usually dang racist, you can't do anything about that. They usually justify it as "patriotism", but yeah, probably only CN is the one thinking like that, since their novels are "for the Chinese, by the Chinese". If you ever read a "Modern" setting, then you can expect there will be "racist" in them in some forms. The only thing you can do is either drop it, or forget about it to continue.

10. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you actually realize that the translations into english change the names of several countries ? 'Monkey country' becomes Country F , USA becomes UA, FBI or CIA had one letter changed and so on(they're not actually nations, but hey).

And well... considering some of the actions the Philippine leadership does...

And considering they're already censoring some of the names, what else do you want?

11. allentey

allentey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me i will just laugh at the racism and just go on. Maybe i am used to it. XD. Btw at the later chapter the author tone it down a bit, probably because his reader complain. Give it another try, the author really research a lot for his story but i suggest u to stop when it is 30 chapter before ending because it gone full retard.

12. Taurus3301

Taurus3301 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It you dislike it, just drop it, there's been many cases of discrimination, racism and stereotyping in novels (mostly Chinese), but they're all fiction, and you've got to understand that they are made to cater to the local audience, and qidian is a Chinese company that happens to do translating, so they don't really have any reason to censor it and possibly trigger both the author and fans of the novel who "want the original meaning to be preserved" it something like that.

13. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    None of us here are able to help u with this even if we have intentions to do so. You need to put forth this question directly to the Department of Chinese Government which censures CN novels, etc

Edit: If they have a twitter handle, put forth your question right there.

14. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean no disrepect to the tranlator while in fact I give credit to him/her for semi-censuring sensitive info in the stories. As for QI. As a hub for web novels, I am somehow disappointed because they can't ensure to stop sensitive topics. I mean they are like the publisher of the web novels so IMO they should filter bad topics in the story. Also, I have already dropped the novel so thank you for the reminder.

15. AlmaStock

AlmaStock Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a chinese cultural thing , the same goes with the hate for japan especially strong.
    The same way the japanese say "japanese good boy" and ignore they're history.
    Just like black people saying nibba , it just happens.
    It's better to just brush it off.

barashkafromro likes this.
  16. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I already knew that and that's why I gave credit for the translator for ensuring to lessen the impact.

About the Philippine leadership, well I could say I'm not a fan but not also a hater.

17. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why every time I read a modern chinese novel I am always open minded. But I guess this novel is tad too much for me.

18. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess should have but idk chinese so give me 3 years of chinese lesson then I'm going to post.

19. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    U can post in English only, if they have a handle. They will know English.

20. barashkafromro

barashkafromro Not well-known member.

Reading List:
    Link
    Either 1. Truth hurts eyes, or 2. It isn't truth and doesn't matter. In any case bringing imaginary hate into real world isn't good idea. You shoot yourself in the leg trying to highlight it. If it is insulting to you then there is comment section and reviews yo insult the author in return. Just like author you have opportunity to strike a hit or critical failure.