Discussion I Have a Mansion in the Post-apocalyptic World's racist and insensitive author

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx, Jul 22, 2018.

1. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL people tiggerred over novels

barashkafromro and PoopyDoopy like this.
  2. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I as a person in a neutral position that does not hate nor adore Qidian ,I have to say: are you dumb or what? As a chinese born in a foreign country I have a lot of experiences regarding racism and I sincerely think that it is downgrading and meaningless trying to throw shit at someone that has zero relationship with it. As someone said above, if you don't like it dont read it then.

3. nao

nao Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm from Philippines but hey I also love this novel
    already reading ahead at lnmtl.com
    always keep in mind that this is fiction and is not reality
    like the comments before, don't read it if you don't like it
    nobody can't force you to do things you don't like

barashkafromro likes this.
  4. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dumb is a bit excessive. As for you experiencing racism I sympathize with you. Who doen't hate being discriminated? About throwing meaningless shit at someone, well I could say you're correct. Just wanted to say my piece and want know what is the perspective of the people about this issue. also, already dropped this so problem solved.

5. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, fiction or not this not my cup of tea. Such a waste that the story is good. Anyway at least the fiction version of Aquino is doing something.

6. allentey

allentey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont read the last 30 chapter, seriously, i never mad at author this much.

7. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

Reading List:
    Link
    Like someone calling black people n*gg*ers well obviously some will get lit.

8. SnowDax

SnowDax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a C-Novel ah... You have to read it with expectation of racism, especially with the one with modern setting. Qidian has a forum so you can complain about it there so maybe the translator can edit it to country of fairies instead.

9. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

Reading List:
    Link
    Surely I'm not going to get that chance as for now this novel dropped to me.

10. allentey

allentey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh. so good to be young XD. When i am still new, this kind of stuff is also not my cup of tea. But the lack of interesting novel make me read it till the end. I must say the racism is still bearable than the other.

11. xXNeverwinter_SkamosXx

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Manning up and reading these things is better than reading wattpad. No offense to wattpad aficionados.

12. allentey

allentey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just hold it bro, after philipines arc they will be less racism.

13. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you took it badly I apologize, and I did not mention my experience with racism to attract sympathy but to let you know that racism aint something that can be erased simply cuzz its fcking everywhere, and blaming someone not responsible of it triggered me. Like it or not the people that are racist are only normal people influenced by their society, in this bitch of a world true justice doesn't exist and to change a thing like racism we have a long way to go.

14. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Consider this spoiler from a future event, which if you don't want, don't read, but just shows a decision they're more or less okay with
    They were more or less okay with their military advisor DETONATING A NUKE in their own city, killing atleast 100k of their own people, less than 2-5k enemy troops in order to force the UN to force a peace and recognize their current 'land claims' which would've left them with reclaiming some lands they lost to Moro through guerillas 'controlling that area'. The only thing the president and the highest military commander does in response to that guy is taking back military control. They never intended to punish him for it, irregardless of whether they won or not. That might be pragmatic, as what's done is done, but... They started that 2nd war to begin with and were losing it badly. Nuking your own city or not killing the guy who did it is ... either extreme, extreme pragmatism or someone who doesn't give a damn to the details as long as they win

You're to some degree ignoring the fact that QI should be entirely owned by Chinese, who could either agree or atleast not seriously disagree with those views, meaning authors might not get into trouble for writing that, and that's fine, that's fiction. Problem would be if you take that fiction out into the streets and proclaim it like a bible and gain followers with the ideals presented in the fiction or similar.

15. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's pretty natural to be triggered over something one likes xd

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    If you guys rate such novels negatively consistently and stop selling your soul for boobs,
    translators will stop picking up such novels. It is a demand and supply argument:blobthumbsdown::blobhero:
    BURN THE BOOKS!!

17. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, J Novel Club is a professional operation Qidian.com is not

18. voiceburner

voiceburner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imma have to go with the consensus here and say if your really offended by it keep it pushing, but I understand the anger at unnecessary racism like in a web novel series called killer stall where one of the detectives just called the black guy the n-word for no reason other than the fact that he was angry that he couldn't collar somebody he suspected was a criminal but do understand most of this content was not created for us and when we do create content in their own countries there's a lot of off flying racism it between the three main countries that produce most of the consumed novels Japan followed by China has the most racist content creators one of my favorite series just recently got dropped because the author called Chinese and Korean people monkeys.

19. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you seen any chinese military/fighting movies? They usually focus on the little fights where they DESTROYED the Japanese, French, and English who occupied them. I mean, cmon, thats kinda sad if you are trying to mislead your countries people. You have to acknowledge your countries shame to build up fighting spirit to be "the best".

20. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    This is ironic because just a month ago, a Japanese novel had to discontinued because it hurts Chinese people's feeling.
    OP, i guess you have to have power if your opinion want to be heard and want your feeling matter.