Discussion I have an exercising question.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Jul 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    As said above, a trainer would be good if you have certain goals and a timeline in mind. If they're really good, they'll know exactly what kind of exercises and intensity you need to focus on to balance your body strength and achieve your desired muscle growth. They'll probably take all the measurements accurately and also analyze your current body symmetry, which is something an amateur like me lacks...

I don't keep a regular weekly workout schedule. I got used to following a pre-set workout routine for 14-21 days and then resting 1-2 weeks in between. It works for me since now I'm just focusing on keeping myself somehow active and maintaining weight (though I did laze out more than usual and went a whole month without it so now I gained a few pounds back).

If you're not in a rush, I would advise trying to raise the weight or intensity of your exercises little by little with not that many repetitions. Keep notes (written ones or on your phone) over your progress (how much time, how many reps, what kind of exercises). If you make sure to keep a good form, weightlifting is incredibly tiring and wields good results. You only need to be careful with the loads and be very conscious of your body state every time (go lighter if you're too tired, go harder if you feel like you can step it up).

In regards to protein powder... In the US there are thousands of options in the market... I guess it depends on how you're going to use it and where/when/how much you'll be taking. Some peeps dislike the texture of soy-based and plant-based powders since they can have a bit of "chalky" mouthfeel. If you're going to mix it into a smoothie (adding fruit for flavour and fibre content), it might not make that much of a difference. If you're going to mix it with plain water and take it to the gym, then getting one of those pre-flavoured ones might be better for you (I'm not a big fan of the artificial flavours). Though the smaller packs aren't really that cost-efficient, I would advise you to buy them first to see if the type/brand suits your taste. Don't be like me and end up with a monster 5-pound pack of sickly sweetly smelling powder that you just need to finish up... One spoon of flavourless whey protein isolate was good enough for my post-workout drink. I would mix it with a cup of unsweetened vanilla soymilk and have it right after I finished.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I lift and throw shit for a living at like 6 hours a day for 5 days a week. I recommend that you take breaks in between sessions and actually dont try to push yourself past your limit.

Your current schedule is perfectly fine. Just do the 2 hour shit at the gym and some yoga and shit at home for at least an hour and a half.

3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel your pain. In my field it wasn’t unusual to move cast iron furnaces from the basement to the company truck. To be dump at the nearest dump site. I’ve seen furnaces that are over 5 feet tall by 5 feet wide by 10 feet long. That’s 1 to 3 inches thick cast iron. I’ve spent 16 hour a day for 6 days. That lasted around 3 months. Believe me I know where I strain my back. Anyway as I said I understand your pain bro

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Mnotia likes this.
  4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who you going to call? :D

5. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link