Recommendations I have fallen to this state...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by ArgosYesu, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I heard somewhere it did...hmm I'll look into it.

2. ceruleonice

ceruleonice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://ceruleonice.wordpress.com/totem/ unique story, different from any other xianxia I've read. Basically, a guy who's a professor in one world dies and reincarnates in another world where there's a different way of cultivation (totemic). He's reincarnated at the lowest tier of the status pyramid and tries to get out of it. Also, his background is a great factor concerning the plot, and the author does a nice job of keeping things light and interesting.

3. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Totem is about a young nerd medical examiner fond of cutting up corpses who ends up reincarnated/taking over a body in another world.
    There, he's actually a slave and facing the worst law ever for him: it's forbidden to cut corpses open and doing so is punished by death penalty (for you and all your blood relatives basically).
    Less than 30 chapters, difficult to have a conclusive opinion about it, but although the MC's "status" is quite frustrating, it's an interesting read for me.

Did you give a try to IGE? There's only 53 chapters but the release pace is rather good.
    The MC also gets strong rather fast but the author managed to make it interesting for me so far - I started reading this few days ago.

I don't think that MER can fit what the OP is looking for... dude, he dropped MGA. I don't know if there's rape in MER and I don't think there's NTR undertones, but if you find Chu Feng too ruthless and overpowered too fast, MER's MC is definitely worse.
    Also he already said he dropped PW in his original post.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  4. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol yeah, mixed him up with Chen Dong

5. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked God of Thunder, alright until he got a master after that it kinda ruined it for me.

6. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    People need to stop using Chu Feng as a ruthless person. PMG MC is more ruthless than Chu Feng. His ruthlessness isn't a plus for the character. It's just psychotic. If I had to choose a character who has the best 'revenge' personality, Chu Feng isn't on the list because all he can think of is killing. Author doesn't even try to make his killing interesting, he just goes around and massacres everyone without cause. It isn't cool, it's just bad writing and lazy plot.

Overpowered is fine, but when you get repetitive of the action, it's quite boring. I dropped ATG because it has too many duels and matches and competitions and trials that continue to repeat and repeat. In the end, the MC will do something and get the best rewards, cause screw logic he's the MC. If you can make an overpowered like crazy character while also making the story fun and unique, then I have no complaints. For example, ISSTH. He's overpowered but has a lot of unique events happening around him, plus he meets unique characters. Lord Fifth and Ultimate Vexation are both enough to put the story above others, nevermind the alchemy and the various items he acquires.

7. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    *adds MER and Totem to list.

8. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not using Chu Feng as an example of ruthlessness, I'm saying if you find him ruthless, MER's MC is worst. Compared to him, Chu Feng doesn't look like he kills on a whim.

9. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it unique or typical xianxia tropyness? Is it like reading a more ruthless MGA or reading soemthing along the lines of ISSTH or True Martial World?

10. Lore

Lore Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Looking for a story above 100 chapters that is either medieval fantasy, Xianxia, VR, whatever reincarnation romance thingy."

Saw this part and had to comment due to the lack of mentioning any recommendation for it.
    ...My summary skills are questionable in my opinion, but I'll try.

I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags
    -Reincarnated due to the classic "truck-san" incident, the MC is reborn in an otome game as the stereotypical (if you read otome based light novels) noble girl villainess. And this MC is OP and yet not. Due to her lack of magical ability, slow-wits/inability to think complexly, and mediocre physical ability, she is not OP in the usual sense. HOWEVER, her OPness lies in the fact that she has the natural ability to attract those around her (not as in a power, but due to her personality that literally just naturally attracts people). ...The romance in it, well, the MC is so dense. But. There is (mostly one-sided) romance when reading about the characters around the MC, which isn't too bad as they play an important role in the story.
    -Although it doesn't fit your 100+ chapter criteria, it's completely translated already.

My Disciple Died Yet Again
    -This MC's reincarnation process...neither the MC nor I am completely sure what happened. What is known is that she suddenly appears in a xianxia like world...in the same appearance and age as she originally was, with her age as the detrimental factor for her to cultivate at first. The MC is not OP at first; rather, when she tries to cultivate, she even bitterly complains how slow she is. The story is slow in the beginning too. However, somewhere along the line, the story begins to pick up its pace.
    -The romance in this story is questionable. If you pick up some vibes along the lines, then there's your romance (for now...maybe).
    -This also doesn't fit your 100+ chapter criteria, as it is only chapter 60 something, but it is translated quickly (about every couple days).

The Demonic King Chases His Wife: The Rebellious Good-for-Nothing Miss
    -The MC was originally a top-notch female assassin that died. After her death, she reincarnated into a girl labeled to be a good for nothing. Her family will be easily seen in a bad light with how much they degrade her especially since she has

SPOILER:
    Very great potential despite them calling her a good for nothing. Heck, her potential is so great, they should be revering her and treating her like a precious treasure unlike the horrible treatment they are doing to her.

Anyways, she stays calm and collected within her household, and secretly enacts her revenge...which catches the eye of the male MC, who then pursues her to woo her.
    -Unlike it being similar to Descent of the Phoenix: 13 Years Old Princess Consort, the female MC doesn't fall for the male MC so quickly. Rather, she makes him WORK HARD to gain her affections despite her being a supposed good for nothing and he a greatly desired and powerful man.
    -Female MC has the potential to become OP, but isn't in the beginning. Heck, I wish she became OP faster since it is only recently that she seems to finally seem somewhat OP...unless you count her OP luck! A luck that seems blessed by the heavens!
    -The story progression is kind of slow though.
    -Fits the 100+ chapter criteria.

Personal recommendations which doesn't really fit your criteria, but they're romances with smart female leads:

When He Comes, Close Your Eyes
    -There are two MCs: a quick-witted woman that's looking for a job and a taciturn man that is widely known as a genius...in criminalogy (definitely spelled this wrong...). After they meet, it's like fate for the two of them. She brightens his dark and dreary world, and he drags her out of her normal and ordinary life to experience what is akin to an exciting, meaningful, and dangerous adventure.
    -Over 100 chapters
    -Although my summary doesn't really hint it, it's a romance that blossoms as mysteries after mysteries are solved.

When A Snail Loves
    -Again, there are two MCs: a cool-headed, delicate looking young gi- er, woman and a devilishly handsome and widely respected man.

SPOLIER:
    Both are cops that have, respectively, a disciple and master relationship which both of them are using to their advantage to make moves on the other; though unbeknownst to each other, they have mutual feelings.

-Only 40 something chapters, but updated frequently as of late.

....As you see, I got lazy with the summaries, my bad. Hard to do this since so lengthy, eating my first meal near dinner time, and my huge puppy is attacking me haha.

11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...why not use the spoiler option instead of simply writing spoiler? Click the +, then spoiler and start typing.

12. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
  13. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the first three, the last 2 seem meh.

14. Potato

Potato its doomed

Reading List:
    Link
    has there already been recommendations for basically every genre?