Spoiler I just want to freeload on your luck

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Elv, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Zyphera

Zyphera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was this one part where the school was hosting a talent show. I was sad because prior to Zhao Mingxi's rebirth, she would always participate to try get attention from her family but... they only ever came to see Zhao Yuan. This time around Zhao Mingxi invited the Dong family as her special guests instead of the Zhao family. They saw how happy she was with her friends and finally began to realise that Mingxi doesn't need them at all. She can look after herself, and she has people who love and cherish her. All they can do now is watch from afar because Mingxi refuses to acknowledge them.

When it was spread that Zhao Mingxi was the legitimate daughter of the Zhao family, everyone kept comparing the luxurious clothes Zhao Yuan wore on a daily basis to the... not so expensive clothes Zhao Mingxi wears. Needless to say, the Zhao family's reputation pretty much plummets into oblivion after everyone realises the stark difference in which the daughters were treated. Everyone starts giving Zhao Mingxi food and treats because they thought she was sad, when in reality, she just didn't care.

Pu Shuang (whatever her name is. Zhao Yuan's crony) felt like it was a slap in the face because she used to mock Zhao Mingxi for being a fake. I can't blame her for this, no one clarified that Zhao Mingxi was the real daughter. It didn't help that the eldest brother picked Zhao Yuan up from school instead of Zhao Mingxi... which further proved that Mingxi was never cared for in the family. She does, however, acknowledge her faults... which is more than I can say about Zhao Yuan who refuses to admit her wrongs.

Shen Liyue (I don't know if this is his name, but its the guy Mingxi used to have a crush on). If I had to use one word to describe this guy, it would have to be delusional. This man, and everyone around him, are all delusional idiots. He does try to woo Mingxi, but our smart girl is quick to shoot him down. Too bad he doesn't take the hint and continues to remain a thorn in our side until the very, very end. He does serve as a catalyst for Mingxi and ML to get together. So I suppose he isn't entirely redundant.

1. Zhao Zhanghai's company loses millions of dollars after Lu company terminates contract.

2. Zhao father's company takes a harsh toll after rumours of him having an affair with the Nanny begin to circulate.

3. Zhao Mo's (Second Brother, not well known celebrity) reputation takes a nose dive after some of Zhao Yuan's misdeeds are released? This one I'm not entirely sure about. All I know is that his management is asking him to stay inside to avoid reporters.

They basically spend the entire story reminiscing about how good Mingxi was to them, yet they repaid that by treating her indifferently or downright ignoring her existence in favour of Zhao Yuan. A classic story about not knowing what you have until it's gone. They took Mingxi for granted and didn't appreciate the efforts she made in order to make them happy, they got what was coming to them.

2. juanexbi

juanexbi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers:blobsmilehappyeyes:
    Liked how the story is going especially the misfortunes and reality check the zhao family suffered:blobowoevil_horns:
    I saw this quote on one of the comments on the novel site that bad people takes revenge, good people forgives and smart people ignores:blobokhand: not sure if I quote it right but I think it's a great quote suited for the mc since she's really smart ignoring the zhao family:blobparty:
    Extra questions:cookie:
    When Mc was being adopted by the Dong family I wanna know how, and when Zhao family find out and reactions:blob_sunglasses:
    Sibling love that mc didn't get from her biological brothers but from her brother in Dong Family interactions:blob_grin:
    And Zhao Yuan's friend dunno her name that throws Mingxi bag at trash and called her fake on the reaction of the family when Mingxi friend told them?:blobsweat: ( wanna know if it is after Mingxi cut ties with them):justabotheart:
    One of the comments I saw made me agree that the Ml the author wrote was great since when reading other novels or manhwas you can see that ml's are either really handsome, rich, smart, athletic or popular. But ml is not one of those and is like average and not average and he and Mingxi got sad past that makes me happy that they get their Happy ending.
    I got this from comments that said that Ml and his mother were not really close but Mingxi did something that made their relationship better.
    There are the typical misunderstandings both mc and ml had but got solved and their relationship got stronger.

3. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is Handsome, Smart , Bill Gates Level of Wealthy, and the boss of his class.

So yeah he's not one of those things he's all of them
    Just to be spoiling the spoilers. It's not that long, it MTLS real well and it's a good read, so best to just actually read it.

4. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u for the spoilers!

5. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna take a moment to grasp all this. So at first I was really happy and satisfied with all the family's regrets and all.. But then my brain kicked in and things got a bit weird for me.

Like for instance , why are they alienating the adopted girl (I'm talking before she told the nanny to run). Her bros just started treating her like she's responsible for all that's happened.

How exactly was the she responsible for them treating her better than their sister?

That got me to remember another member's post about how the the one child policy basically made Chinese very competitive when it comes to sisterhood . Like all sisters must be evil (wither they're blood related or not)
    It's like the whole family questions themselves in every chapter about why they have spoiled the adopted girl and not MC .

The oldest bro. Why did I only pick the adopted girl from school and not mc?

The younger bro: Why did I give the chemistry application of Mc to adopted girl

Mother:Why did I give Mc's dresses to adopted girl.

It's as if there can only ever be resources available for one girl.

Why must she be compared to the adopted sister only ? why not to her other brothers?

Like when she says you only dote and loved her. Why isn't the younger brother also expecting to be picked from school, given better stuff etc.. like the adopted girl?

It just seems to me like if she wasn't treated exactly like the adopted girl then it was unfair. just a weird competition honestly.

Those who'll understand are those who mtld bec. it doesn't go that far in the translation.

6. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get a spoiler for ML family?

7. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, exactly right. Matter of fact it's the definition of unfair.
    If you don't treat your children the same it's the very definition of unfair and don't be surprised if it develops into family problems.

In this case the mother started it out with the policy of being deliberately nicer to Zhao Yaun(ZY) so she wouldn't feel rejected by the family, while never trying to make Zhao Mingzhi(ZM) feel accepted. What's more ZY would just go all pitiful and could always get her way.

In this novel the family completely failed at giving ZM any place in their hearts.

As to alienating ZY they did no such thing. They just stated to show some concern for ZM that you would have expected from the start and reflected on the fact that they weren't treating her as family but as an outsider.

ZY self destructed. As the ZM did well on her own, and the family showed concern over ZM, ZY couldn't cope with it and resorted to ever more aggressive tactics to suppress ZM. The family saw ZY doing these things but still supported her. The thought that she might not be favored one, kept pushing her to her end.

Detailed spoilers:
    ZM was forced to change her birthday to match ZY's so nobody would think ZY was illegitimate. Never minding that this caused ZM to be looked on as illegitimate.

When ZM tried to protect the eldest brother and wound up with hot soup all over her. Instead of looking after her they take ZY to the hospital because she got a little on her leg. Leaving ZM alone at the restauraunt.

ZY was allowed to interfere with ZM and use her things but ZM was rebuked or punished if she so much as touched ZY's things.

The parents never participated in ZM's parent teacher activities. They knew she could do the material but just couldn't deal with test taking and let the situation fester

The father near the end recounts he never hugged ZM

The whole family would spend time and show affection to ZY (dad playing golf with her, Eldest brother falling into incest, youngest brother sabotaging ZM for her, 2nd brother generally treating her decently, youngest brother running interference for ZY)

------------
    The author created the setting as a textbook case on how not to parent.

It's a shame they included the system as a plot element. The story works perfectly without it. Even the reincarnation could be ditchedand thestory would work fine

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  8. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just want to clarify something based on my understanding MTL-ing the novel, so i hope im not wrong on some stuff~

among the brothers, only youngest bro/zhao yunning who blame and antagonizing zhao yuan (because he got accused by mother zhao that he is bullying zhao yuan while he caught her slandering mingxi to some teacher that she is cheating and doesnt deserve the spot for some flower something something).

the eldest bro/zhao zhuanhei keeping his distance because he afraid that zhao yuan like him more than a sibling and also he felt very guilty for favoring yuan more than mingxi to the point he doesnt know what she like or hate.

the second bro/zhao mo generally like mingxi more despite his poisonous mouth (like older brother who like to bully his sister) but still like yuan as sibling, but when he witness yuan crying and pretending to not know anything about mingxi bullying by her friends, he realized that yuan are actually acting based on his experience as celebrity. so he observe her action and kind of surprised and disappointed that yuan arent as kind as he remembered.

its because the family wrong doing are related to zhao yuan, to be precise favoring zhao yuan more than mingxi for numerous time. they forgot that they only raised mingxi for 2 year and expect mingxi to adjust her self and be okay while they favor the other sister and neglect her and brush off their wrong doing as SmaLl MatTeRs

it break my heart when mother zhao and zhao mo scold her just because she almost touch yuan stuff
    mother zhao : <sprint to take the doll before mingxi can pick it up> dont touch yuan doll, if you want i can buy the same doll for you
    zhao mo : dont you touch yuan piano, you country bumpkin

i agree that the novel/story focusing on "never pick minxi on school" while there is more serious stuff like in kawaii12345 post. when mingxi suffering gastritis no one come to pick her up and they didnt even know about it until mingxi homeroom teacher/teacher lu ridiculed zhuanhei, no one show up on parent teacher day (and zhuanhei tried to brush it off as small matter and teacher lu snap at him), when mingxi running away they didnt immediately search for her and let her be for like 1 week before the eldest brother come to soothe her while also admit that he will definitely search for yuan immediately if the same thing happen to her :facepalm:

also about the adopted girl stuff i think its not true, because in the end mingxi herself are also adopted by dong family. uncle dong and aunt dong treat mingxi and dong shen (their son) as sibling and equally. its all about bad parental and familial stuff, at very least in this novel.

edit : a bit OOT but can someone recommend some novel with similar story telling as this? MC running away and focusing on self improvement, the family regret, the villain self destruct and not too much conflict.

9. Fictionaddiction

Reading List:
    Link
    Great but how exactly is it the adopted girl's fault ? Is it her fault they loved her more then their biological sister? Can she not love people she has been raised with? And could they not spare any more affection to treat MC like her brothers .

I just don't see that their actions are the result of ZY 's manipulations. she just went on with her life as she was used to. And the family members just decided to put a roof over their emotions.
    Yes the family is justified in sending her away after knowing the switch was deliberate but the guilty one is her mother not her.

10. Fictionaddiction

Reading List:
    Link
    This actually makes perfect sense when you put it like this , they started turning on her bit by bit as they were hurt by her actions . But I still believe they are mostly at fault and trying to push the blame on Zhao Yuan . It's like blaming your kids bec. u stole to give them a better life. Thanks for the clarification though . stuff were jumbled up in my head.

CaelumBlue likes this.
  11. HikariHirai

HikariHirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't really decided to roof their emotions. They use their time diffrent. Becaus of ZM going they are trying to get her back, so they are using the time they spend on ZY to get ZM back. ZY sees this as existencial crisis. Then things happen and they see that ZY isn't the person they thought she is. So feelings cool.

12. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine you have 2 children which for one reason or another one is favored more than the other. What's more the favored child doesn't particularly like the unfavored child and uses their position to make life harder for the unfavored child. ZY was that favored child

ZY used her advantages to keep ZM from integrating into the family. She had the established family relationship, and would play the "we don't want to drive her away card" to get the family on her side. She had established friends at the school and prompted/allowed ZM's reputation to be stained

Once the situation started to be revealed the family didn't even think of expelling her. The father just had a meeting of all the family members and shoved the fact they needed to treat ZM as well as ZY. He also emphasized to the servants that ZM was the biological daughter. It wasn;t until they saw the text messages to her biological mother telling the mother to run, they even thought about expelling her. Even then, the reason was ZY was betraying the family picking the bio mom over them

She even admits to it in the confrontation scene where she calls the whole family "stupid" and says all she had to do was act a little hurt and they would pick her over ZM.

@Yumika12345

There's not a lot to the ML's family. Their extremely wealthy at a guess net asset vale in the billions of $U.S.
    Grandfather is the head of the family. He runs their corporation and is the closest thing to a parent the ML has. Personality, he's very caring to his grandson, and is quite happy that ZM is so good for him
    Father and brother, are both dead. They died in a kidnapping attempt by a business rival. The ML was the only survivor.
    Mother is more than a bit crazy. She blames the ML for her husband and other sons death and abuses him. Her abuse is why they don't live together and rarely meet

13. Crayon

Crayon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it was because the Heroine's halo. You know how the world only revolves around them. In the past life the family didn't come to their senses because MC's character supposed to make the Heroine shine. So maybe after MC change her attitude everything change from there.

14. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Try, The Legitimate Daughter Doesn't Care– it's basically the same. But the difference is it's a bit fantasy, since our mc and ml can switch bodies.

Actually, it doesn't matter of it's the adoptive daughter's fault or not.

No body pointed it out. But actually MC's biological family Forcefully took mc to their family.

I don't say forced, cause mc came with them to her own volition. But when they took mc, everyone around mc was hostile towards the family. Esp, the family that adopted mc at the end. It was only when that family leaves to other country did mc biological family manage to bring her back.

So, in the first place it was biological family's fault.

Mc's mother yearn for blood relation. Though her thoughts is right about her adoptive child, it was just excessive.

The adoptive daughter's place on this all, is to just made all family members blind to all MC's sufferings.

Though, I don't really understand her thoughts. You know, she knew everyone in the family loves her, bit she was still paranoid about mc.

I actually didn't like this kind of story very much. Esp, the face slapping part in the family. Everyone lamented and regretted it.

I want to asked why?

Is it because of MC's cooking. They actually just treated her as a slave.

Sheesh~

But ml is super cute.

The misunderstanding is really great.
    .hehehe

15. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you guys are up for a similar, although more fantasy, you should try After Transmigrating Into the Cultivation World, the School Topper Was Reborn, It has many of the same elements as this story though more Slice of Life mixed with Cultivation. It`s an awesome read, and it completely translated, only thing I did not like was that the ending felt abrupt.

Fictionaddiction and kawaii12345 like this.
  16. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the system is the little helper that guides and gives counsel to mc, like a fairy godmother to cinderella and the system explains a couple of things to have in mind.

One of the things that the system states is that the author of the original novel always wanted to make a "realistic" story based in reasonable fact and not using plots out of the blue.

In her first life MC died of brain cancer but it was not out of the blue, but stated in the novel with sentences like "mc had brushes that dosn't fade in a lot of time" or things like that, that eventually explains the bomb of mc illness.

The luck is only a concept to guide mc in her journey because the changes that happens to mc is not entirely related to luck, but the effects of MC's interactions with other characters. If not for the system, MC would have never come near to ML.

I'm just in chapter 14 but I want to ask something to the readers who have finished the novel: Was her brain cancer caused by the nanny?

Since the system stated that everything in the novel had a cause/effect stated in facts, I have the feeling that even her cancer was caused because of poison in her food.

The novel explained that MC has always been a very hardworker in her studies, but she failed to get good grades because in the exam period she always had sudden stomachache or headache problems making her fail her exams and drop her grades and the system explained that it was because of the bad luck of the villainess and if she changes her bad luck into good luck even illnesses can be avoided to never happen.

What if those stomachaches and headaches were caused by poison and that poison given by the nanny to force her to have bad grades so she could not outshine ori!FL? By the sole thing of abandoning the home she could avoid her tragedy death if that was the cause and not something related to luck.

What do you think guys, does the novel said something about this?

17. HikariHirai

Reading List:
    Link
    No the novel doesn't mention anything in that direction as far as I remember. The Nanny manipulates somethings, but there is no poisoning. And as far as I understand cooks the FL most of the meals, what her former teacher criticise.

Kumoshiro likes this.
  18. chiri.ru

chiri.ru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the spoilers!! :blob_plusone::blob_plusone: I was wondering if anyone could label the spoilers with the chapter's number..for example the DNA results? I'm currently reading the raws and went past where the nanny got fired(for being mean to mc). I want to taste more spice already hohoho:blobcheeky:

Still I don't get bored at reading!! Though I admit I get tired at the delusional and shameless thoughts of so many people that leads to their own embarassment.:facepalm:

I'm curious about the MC's lifestyle after all her hardwork with the luck farming.
    :blob_coffee:Will she graduate from school and get to a real nice college with ML?
    :blob_coffee:did she live with the Dong family?
    :blob_coffee:I think it was mentioned that 500(or 1000?) buds would be enough to remove her villainess label, did she reach it and what happened when she did? Did anything change in her environment?

I have alot more questions, most regarding her plans after finishing the luck plot, fluffy tsun ML moments(mc meeting his family?), and the Zhao family's existence on their wedding blabla but I'll leave it to 3 first:blobpopcorn:

19. HikariHirai

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it some time ago, so I'm not 100% sure on some things.
    She goes with ML to college oversees. Ml's grandpa pays after she achived something at school(don't quit remember what)
    She lives in the dorms and with ml and meets regulary with the dongs
    She gets rid of the villainess label, but doesn't want to be the heroin

20. Dojaa

Dojaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. So i made an account here just to share some spoilers and thoughts after binge reading this novel... i just had to HAHAHAHA

mingxi is crying about her grandma then she passes out and when she wakes up she's otw to her hometown lol. Fu yiangxi brought her(with their friends he yang, chengwen and xiuqiu). This was one of the main triggers for mingxi to fall for our tsundere bb. Because at first, mingxi was objective and her main focus was to increase her luck by using the people with high luck, and in this case, yiang xi had the highest luck so she stuck to him. At first i was kinda disappointed with how mingxi was just using people for their luck because it felt like she wasn't even treating them as people with actual feelings so this arc was kinda like her turning point? I love how she finally realized that yiangxi was important for her because this tsundere bb deserves all the love!! At this point, she still wasnt aware that she had fallen for him tho lol

so at this part, our tsundere bb yiangxi was heartbroken because he thought his love was onesided poor bb so he was avoiding mingxi. And because yiangxi was avoiding her, she was starting to miss him lol. She was ranting to her friend(he yang) and he yang was like "dude look at our chat log, count how many times you've mentioned his name" and mingxi was like "it wasnt THAT much" so she checked... Fu yiang xi was mentioned more than 1000 times HAHAHAHAHAHA. Then she couldnt sleep because she was so bothered by that so then she searched on the net on how to know if you like someone and by the time she finished checking the list, she was a blushing mess because she finally realized that she was in love HAHAHAHAHAHA

the following day after her realizition that she's in love with yiangxi, she gave yiangxi her hair tie while making excuses like "it's for good luck" and "its pretty on you". Turns out, if a guy wears a girl's hair tie on his wrist, it's pretty much announcing to the world that "this guy is mine" HAHHAHAHAHA these 2 idiots mutually pining gave me life and at the same time frustrated me tbh hahahahaha

yiangxi was flaunting mingxi's hairtie on his wrist(even though he's still convinced that he's in an unrequited love) and shen liyao(mingxi's ex-arranged marriage partner) saw mingxi's hairtie and was enraged(lol like dude u think u have the right??) So liyao confronted yiangxi saying stuff like "why are u bullying mingxi" and "i've known her longer than u" and creepy stuff like "did u see her when she first saw me? Or when she first came to this school?? Her expression?"(i forgot what else he said but they're all bs anyway so whatever). Yiangxi, being hot-tempered as always, got mad and beat up liyao lol. Then someone called mingxi to stop them lol then when mingxi arrived, she went to yiangxi right away then she checked his face, his arms, and lifted his shirt to check his abdomen for injuries lol everyone else was shocked and mingxi just didnt care then she saw that his hand had a small wound from punching liyao and she was like"let's go to the infirmary we have to disinfect that" then somebody(cant remember who) said that liyao was the one who was beat up and mingxi just glanced and saw his bloodied and bruised face and she just thought "ok whatever idc yiangxi's hand needs attention" and just pulls yiangxi with her to the infirmary. Then the next scene, while the dean was reprimanding yiangxi and liyao, a classmate of mingxi told her why they fought and she was like ohhh so he's jelly. She also realized that the reason that he was being sulky and avoiding her was because he was jelly and thought that she still liked liyao.

mingxi went to their classroom on a weekend and found a ton of love letters for her on her desk and she was like whut is there a schedule for the letters to be sent to her on fridays only? Then she realized oh yiangxi must've discarded the letters everyday(because he would go to class early, remove the letters, go out then pretend to attend the class late lol) then as she was fixing her desk, she saw a paper in between her book and when she looked at it, it was the deed to her and her grandma's old house at their hometown and she was just overwhelmed with feelings that she HAD to confess right at that moment so then she calls yiangxi and just straight up asks him "do u like me?" And yiangxi our pure bb cant lie and just admitted that "yes. I like u" then they were silent, yiangxi was internally panicking then mingxi just goes and says "how convenient because i like you too" and yiangxi cant believe it lol so mingxi repeats "i like you" then she heard sounds of clattering then after a while, they were at the hospital because yiangxi fell and fractured his foot HAHAHHAHAHA

(at this part, they're already an established couple hehe) they're on a vacation and mingxi got drunk again lol. Yiangxi was carrying her princess style and she started drunk talking
    THAT PART OMG. THEY'RE SO FLUFFY AAAAAA!!! Anyway, after that, they got back to hotel(yiangxi carried her all the way back hehe) and mingxi was being super clingy! Yiangxi was trying to pry her arms from his neck but she was like nooo are u gonna abandon me??? And yiangxi was like pls we have to take a bath so we can sleep and she was just continuing being clingy then yiangxi asked her "do u know who i am?" And mingxi answered "hehe. My heart" they're so cute i cried a little HAHHAHAHAHA

so as spoiled before, yuan tried to kill mingxi by burning the house of professor gao after seeing that mingxi went in and this dum dum didnt see mingxi go out. So long story short, mingxi saved professor gao's son who was still inside the burning house, and yiangxi saved mingxi and professor gao's son who was about to be hit by a burning beam, resulting to yiangxi having a burn on his shoulder(or so she thought but the burn was actually because he went back inside after protecting them to find mingxi's jade necklace that was given by her grandma). So then by this time, mingxi had accumulated more than 500 luck points, meaning that she has achieved the heroine halo/shield or plot armour in layman's term so this means that she's pretty much living a life like zhao yuan's past life where everybody loves her and everybody is just a stepping stone. So anyway, she told the system that she wants to give her extra points to yiangxi so that his burn will heal faster and he will have no scars, like what happened to her face.

hmmmmmmmm he's emotionally constipated that's what. There was this scene where mingxi and liyao talked and liyao was like do u really like yiangxi and mingxi said yes without hesitation and told liyao that this was the last time she's gonna talk to him because she doesnt like him anymore and she said that liyao was lacking in terms of romance. He was too aloof adnwas always cold to mingxi and liyao was like then u teach me and mingxi was like no, find someone else i wont do that for u and then leaves. Lol he's just so emotionally constipated and thinks sooo highly of himself. Also his friends are stupid. They amped up his high ego by saying that everything mingxi did was to get his attention lol.

i hate how they just pretty much dumped all the blame on zhao yuan. Yes, she's a white lotus bitch who pretends to be all innocent and acts like the whole world revolves around her, but the zhao fam isn't all thay innocent either?? Except for their shitty treatment for mingxi, they spoiled zhao yuan rotten. Her whole being was pretty much built up by the zhao fam. They were the ones who did every little thing for her resulting to her ugly personality. Anyway, idk where im going with this tbh cos i hate the zhao fam, yuan and her shitty mother who swapped yuan and mingxi at birth and had the gall to mistreat mingxi.

So yeah. That's all. I just wanted to share these because i loved reading it hahahaha feel free to ask me anything!!