Spoiler I married my father-in-law

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by JamaisVu13, Feb 12, 2021.

1. JamaisVu13

JamaisVu13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone can explain what exactly is going in this manga. I'm totally confused. Is it really a BL or a Hetero manga? What is going on with all the characters and in what condition the father-daughter duo change swap souls/bodies? What is that lightening thingy?

Thanks a lot.:blobReach:

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    61F7BD84-477A-4AE8-A7A8-8E2FD87D9F12.jpeg
    岳父大人是老婆
    the webtoon: https://m.wecomics.com/comic/index/id/1173?id=1173
    you can read all the chapters in 1stkissmanga or mangaowl for free.
    raws: https://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/646674 , https://www.cocomanhua.com/15889/
    Description:
    On the day of the wedding between a male dentist and a female doctor, the female doctor suddenly swapped body with her own father after a mysterious lightning strike. From that moment onwards, the male dentist’s wife is officially his father-in-law!

Nom de Plume and JamaisVu13 like this.
  4. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    waiting for spoilers :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    so it’s gender-bender because a girl is in a man’s body but it’s still a BL, right??:hmm: righhhhht?:blobhyperthink:

5. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, definitely BL! There’s a lot of chapters out and I’ll give some spoilers of those:

Slow burn, but definitely burning. MC and Fu’s relationship is basically friendship. Fu was raised by her father (ML) alone and he has always been overprotective and strict. Do that, don’t do that, eat that, don’t eat that... then one day she saw MC being silly the way she always wanted to be and glued on him. They were on a bar, she drunk a lot and MC had to take her home. There MC met ML (the father), they recognized each other (from when Mc took off MLs wrong tooth) and on a whim, Fu said MC was her boyfriend and that they would marry soon. And they indeed married like two months later or something.

Fu describing her relationship with MC was basically describing besties. They liked the same thing, he helped her choose her dress and if MC was a woman, Fu said they would even go to the bathroom together (yeah, like friends go). She said all that to her ex boyfriend and he was like “something wrong is not right”.

Going back, the story is going all about MC and father in law relationship. MC is silly, clumsy, but very very very loving / affectionate . He hugs, he worries a lot, he takes care and all. After Mc found out ML was gay he even tried to set up date for him because he wanted ML to be happy (he said all he had was money and that he wanted someone to chat and drink together - drunk talk of course). Didn’t end well, but anyway, at this point ML already have feelings for MC. Not sure when it started, perhaps from the beginning (tooth thing) there was a seed (ML sent like 30 complaints for a very long time lol). MC is probably starting to realize his own feelings little by little, even more after ML got younger and amnesia thanks to MCs little brother experiment (super crazy).

I don’t think he ever had loved Fu on the romantic way. They get along super well and MC just agreed to Fu decisions when she decided they would marry, but I never saw he infatuated, not with Fu at least. He just wanted to do what couples do without thinking too much. I guess he never realized something was missing? (Like feelings).

UPDATE:
    I just checked some raws,only images, didn’t try to translate, so, what I’m about to write may not be precise and is more based on my perception.

ML (father in law) seems to have seem MC before the tooth thing. I think MC did racing or something and ML happened to pass by a place he appeared in screen and that left an impression (perhaps because of Fu’s biological Father and MLs idol). Then, when he went to check his tooth, he saw MCs picture and immediately choose him.

Seems like MCs boss went away (travel? Vacation?) and left a baby (son? Brother?) with Mc and ML out of nowhere. We almost don’t see Fu by this point XD. Anyway, they went to a place to learn more about how to take care of babies and a guy interested in MC appeared. ML is all “stay away” and tried to be better than the guy (he tried to cook, he started to use beauty masks, etc). Seems like only now he (ML) is truly realizing How deep his feelings are, because he is avoiding / being indifferent to MC out of nowhere (guilty but the fact that the guy is his daughters husband). He hired a guy that kind of looks like MC to do everything MC does (cooking, taking the dog out, taking care of the baby, etc) and he is even treating the guy like he used to treat MC (not the too intimate parts, but patting head and stuff). I think perhaps that MC confessed, because he tried to kiss ML (MC had a fever, ML lied down with him to keep him warm, MC cried and then tried to kiss him - they talked, of course, no idea what).

ah, and I think Fu may already know about MC feelings for ML? While he was sleeping (he went to take a shot at the place Fu works and slept?) she decided to record him and he sleep talking something... Just a guess, cause again, I didn’t translate.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  6. JamaisVu13

JamaisVu13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you so much. I was in confusion for such a long time bc of this manga. :blobdizzy: I'll read it later.:blob_plusone:

7. Scapezz

Scapezz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ♡♡

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  8. Tad1989

Tad1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Several things, you’re absolutely right about Mc’s feelings about Fu. ML isn’t biological father of Fu, he was in love with her bio dad and adopted her after he died. After a mistaken stint Mc is drugged into being a boxer, MC gets amnesia right when ML is realizing his feelings for MC.