I need that dating advice.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dr.Maniac, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tolena

Tolena 《Virtual Reality Addict》

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I feel like a lot of people who commented on this post just want to see how things go with you and say "JUST DO IT".

However, my real advice still holds to you try to take it slowly mustering up courage to confess isn't easy. Sometimes you have to be a schemer and find methods in mustering up your own courage to confess such as subtle flirting and creating false rumours. Your closest allies are the friends you trust the most and the friends your target trust the most. One step at a time

1. Ask your friends
    2. Try getting close to the friends of the female target
    3. Muster up courage subtle flirting or creating rumours
    4. If you have enough courage I hope for your success

CDLevit and canaria23 like this.
  2. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    or have a brawl/boxing match with Jim.

do it for the AVATARLESS god.

FlowingSong and canaria23 like this.
  3. Dr.Maniac

Dr.Maniac I am Death.

Reading List:
    Link
    Why box when you can wrestle.I'll go Bone Cena on him.Ahhh see what I did there :3

4. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    He'll go undertaker at you and bury you again from where you came.

5. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    @ Yukkuri . What I really can't understand is all that ,,take it easy" and stuff. Does love waits or it doesn't? If it doesn't then why do you falter? Look at those two turtles (the blue one and the pink one), they act according to their notions. Anyway, for me, all love can't coexist with lies. I won't lie to my beloved one... And if I have to do I'll try to understand why and receive the sanction. If you only pose, then, for me you can be described as a douchebag, you'll bring suffering if that person really loves you and you acted only for him/her to do your biding. Really, love's mysterious but you can't act only as society reccomends - that example with the quoted site, for me's nothing. Change internet with real life and you'll have the same result.
    - sorry for hijacking the topic.

6. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    @Dr.Maniac

Ah, the age old teenage boy dilemma. Please take note that I have not read the previous posts and please forgive me for repeating an advice or missing some info.

You need to make sure that you satisfy all these criterias:
    1) Be confident.
    - Girls like guys who are confident. So no "Umm", "Uuu", "Eeeh" or any other fillers. Some girls find such guys adorable, but most don't. Be a man, not a puss. Though this depends on the girl's attitude. Not knowing Girl1 personally, I can't say exactly how she'd react. Of course, this is easier said than done, which brings me to the second point.
    2) Get a job.
    - I'm assuming you're a high school student. Getting a job helps you gain confidence. You learn to interact with people outside your own cliques and family members. This makes you more independent and gets respect from your peers. Even if it's a job mowing lawn or delivering newspapers, find something to do. My suggestion is to work at a retail shop somewhere, so that she can go see you if she feels like it. This also gives you money and also make you less 'available', which is a turn on for girls. Another turn on is, you have your own money with which to treat your girl to ice creams or trips instead of having to rely on your parents (relying on parents is a turn off for many girls).
    3) Get a hobby
    - I don't mean reading mangas. Sure, you can read mangas, just don't tell girls you do it. Get something interesting such as woodworking, playing guitar, basketball or cycling. Maybe you can even say that you're learning Japanese, which won't be a lie, since I assume you do watch anime in its original Japanese dub. Just to make it clear, playing Candy Crush is NOT a hobby you should tell people. By getting a hobby (and getting a job), you also have some conversation points with her, if you do end up conversing with her. Even if you're just starting, the conversation point can go to the topics of "I'm still just learning" or "I progressed a little bit further" or "My sensei told me I did it wrong yesterday. Hahaha"
    4) Get to know her
    - This can be something simple like a greeting every morning. Asking her how she's doing or asking to borrow her lecture notes. This will generally lead to conversations, and from these conversations, you can know more about what she likes, what she hates, whether she has a boyfriend, what her parents' attitude on her dating. Even if you ended up not dating, no problem, since you have a solid foundation here, you can become friends afterwards.
    5) Ask your friend what he really thinks
    - If you want to remain friends, you have to tell him that you're thinking of asking this girl to the dance. If he really like her, he will tell you and from there, you can decide whether to fight for it (if you like her too) or give up (to preserve your friendship). Remember one thing, DO NOT treat girls as just accessory. There's nothing wrong with liking a girl because she's pretty, but if you lose your friendship just because you want to boast of having a pretty girl dangling at your arms, forget it. It's simply not worth it.
    6) Ask her out but be prepared for rejection
    - Maybe she doesn't like your face. Maybe she thinks you're a pussy (sorry, I don't know who you are, so I'm not insulting you). Maybe as you said, she's not looking to date. Maybe she already has someone she's interested in. However, if you won't ask, you won't know.

Take these into consideration:
    1) Don't throw money like you're a rich kid with more money than sense. Sure, I said treat the girl, but don't try to buy her favors. You use money to get close, to make her more comfortable around you, but that's as far as you go with money. Also, don't be too insistent on spending money on her.
    2) Don't be a pushover. If she wants something, and you think you can afford it, buy it for her, but don't do it too often. Similarly, don't just do whatever she tells you to do. Some girls do this deliberately to gauge whether or not you'd be a good boyfriend for her.
    3) Don't date all the time. Nothing annoys a girl more (especially if it's a studious type) than your constant trolling for a date. Similarly, don't always agree to go on a date. Spending half an hour every day is fine. Dating everyday after school until late evening is NOT. This is where having a job helps. You can use it as excuse to refuse a date, or determine how much time you have each week for a date.
    4) Don't ask her out on a date out of the blue. If the girl don't even know your name, she will most likely refuse, unless you're so hot that she is shocked someone so hot would invite her on a date.
    5) You are NOT god. Similarly, you are NOT god's gift to women. So don't be a troll. Other than being too shy, this is where most teenage boys failed.

I think I covered all the bases. Please understand that this is from a girl's POV and our cultures may differ. That was why I didn't make more specific advice, but if you follow this guideline, you should be able to at least become close friends with her. Don't bother with all the trolls who will say "Friendzoned!" because you can still invite your friend (who happens to be a girl) to the dance, you know. You don't have to date her.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    CDLevit and Ldyrdy like this.
  7. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai chan, I agree only with point4 and 6 and Take this into consideration - but, that's only my point of view. I must ask you, what's your notion of love?

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    My notion of love? Isn't that kind of broad? I think love is a romance where the two persons (or three) are mutually fond of each other and want to be close to each other. It can be adventurous, sometimes stormy, and sometimes conflicting, but it is always something you can talk to the other person with.

Sorry, I don't know how to answer your question.

9. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    hm, ok. You could cut short the explanation. Anyway, I've found an answer, a new one, in a comment at one of my favourite melodies... I've had eyes but coudn't see Mt. Thai. And no, that notion wasn't so broad. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.