Discussion I need to talk about 'I have a super usb drive'

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Azriel, Nov 23, 2020.

1. NothingIsEternal

NothingIsEternal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story itself its good, but you know when you read something like that don't excepte good or logical plot because we can't even understand the technologie of the movie world whit the modern sciences.

So for real, I have Super usb drive its just for passing time but atlest its different from typical chiniese novel and better than a lot of other Black Technology novel.

And the personnality of the mc is pretty good even tough sometime he is weird but still he his not a wimp and he is pretty ruthless sometimes.

The plot is very interssing but after getting at 300-500 the antimemtic shit got my brain cells turning off, so just try it worth a little bit of your time.

2. The vulture

The vulture Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC isn't stupid but the way he does things really frustrate me I Mean the guy has A.I and all he does with ot is to protect his identity i would go totally BADASS like TONY STARK and build myself a company and be filthy rich why would i research genetics and stuff

3. 8oni

8oni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Food. Just food. I don't want other stuff, too troublesome. Just some delicious food from anime please.
    Btw, is anime counted as movies? I haven't read this novel yet. If anime not accepted I will just throw the USB back. I always want to eat anime's food. Somehow they really looks good on screen.

4. Alex Woods

Alex Woods Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dude, it looks that you didnt pay attention to the plot.
    He cant just take out anything from the movie. Fantasy world are strictly banned, avengers was also grayed out. The movies should have some make some sense.
    He experiments on people.
    He cant take out something that can conquer the world in one shot. So, he increases his knowledge by taking out advanced technology, researching on it and increase his cutting edge technologies.
    He wants to gain immortality. so he is researching on it. Why the hell would he want to conquer the world? It will just waste his time, fight the whole world as his own. He is increasing his presence in the world by being a multinational company, cooperating with the top brass, recruiting scientists. He is a very smart level headed mc. Kind of chaotic neutral.
    He fits god chips into the people so no fear of betrayal.
    He is arrogant, why the hell he wont be? He is a genius, with billions of dollars at hand and have an super army to threaten the world.
    He sometimes uses threats and sometimes assasinnation. whats the use of having power, if he cant wield it? He doesnt go assasinnating everyone.
    He is no goody two shoes.
    These type of books are very rare. Good smart MC, no romance, good plot, modern world. The book is very exciting.
    i will surely recommened this book to you.
    In many movies there is an big secret organisation,with much influence, total control over their people, having best tech, inhuman experiments that the main character have to fight. The MC is that organisation.
    If you want some stupid mc, getting op items, face slapping everyone one. Killing people, harem and no good plot. There are tons of it.
    Go read those.

JKingSniper, linmeili and Annie999 like this.
  5. Annie999

Annie999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel is giving me creeps.... still i can't stop reading it...
    i like the mc character portrayal... he was simple good person but with power.. he becomes dark... he is behaving like crazy scientist.... and completely like villain.. especially when he killed his uncle and aunt... my god!! I can totally imagine the dark and vicious cruel vibe he gave off during that scene.....anuways the novel is getting darker.... and i have the feeling that he will die in any chapter now (with how reckless he has become with experimenting dangerous materials) and then i remember that he is the protag and I am like thank god.. i can still continue reading it and at least nothing is going to defeat him anytime soon.. but if this was a traditional or normal movie.. i can give 100% guarantee Chen Chen will be the villain that brought apocalypse to the world... and the hero will be born thousands of years later trying to solve Chen Chen remnant and scattered powers....

Elisee likes this.
  6. Annie999

Annie999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

the author is too good right.... I can't believe his brain... i mean he did good work in the research and story building part... did you read the Gantz part.. Man.. when I was reading that part I was wondering... Wow... give it to the author to make up something like this... I like how every apocalypse setting is different and still related... I don't know if there is some actual knowledge behind the sci-fi setting. as I am not good in science..... but whatever.... everything the author wrote is good... I can't wait to know what the author is going to bring up later with all the major shadowing the plot is building with the Usb and all/....

7. NarutoIsGreat

NarutoIsGreat New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you ask me, since the USB drive takes objects from movies and stuff that is close to reality, then after making a little money first thing I will do is make a movie doesn't have to be good all that movie needs is a drug that makes someone OP in the way I desire while the rest of the factors in the world remain almost same and then play the movie in the USB and get yourself the drug and the powers I wanted. who is stopping me? Wouldn't that be way easier?

8. JKingSniper

JKingSniper Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is ruthless when necessary. Part of what makes me love this novel, especially since he wont take shit like other MC. Plus, he is intelligent as he basically no longer need NZT as his brian essensialy is always on NZT now

9. chillidude

chillidude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read the whole novel already so i have my own view on it.
    So basically you are right if we assume this to be the extent of the USB drives abilities. But if you continue to later chapter you find that the USB drive is much more than a movie world cheat.
    I'm going into spoilers next
    The USB drive is not just a cheat. Rather its a divine object created by an unknown entity. It does now access movie worlds, rather it takes its owners narrative and actively modifies alternate realities to fit that narrative as best as possible.
    It basically changes time and space to accommodate the movie plot. If the movie plot is in the real world and is a year later, then that event will actually happen in the real world. The MC actually makes his own movies to prove this, and if the plot is too much separated from reality, the the USB wont accept it. If its on an alien world, the it will search the universe for the closest alien specifics and interfere in its development to allow for the plot to happen. Later we find out that the USB actually takes on different forms for whoever finds it. its former user saw it as a cd disk, and the one before as a floppy disk, and if we go further back then 'perhaps' as a notebook on which you can write the story.
    The MC finds out that its called a divine Key, and that is a universal constant. He also finds another universal constant object called the civilization monolith, its similar to the USB but weaker. I enjoyed the novel, and i would not change much if it was me.

Elisee and JKingSniper like this.
  10. MFL_THE_BOTH

MFL_THE_BOTH Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wanna to ask what is this nuf you are talking about what's the novel's full name?

hmmm... i remember using one that i picked up until noew wkwkkww

11. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I was pretty hooked at start but slowly it crumpled into a crap pile.

Just saying, MCU is not realistic but pokemon world is.. that's how much of a freestyle author has done it.

It's pure wish fulfilment with zero thought process.

I wouldn't rec it to anyone .

12. JKingSniper

Reading List:
    Link
    There's actually pretty good plot in it. Also, Pokemon makes up less than a fraction of the novel.

13. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    A drop of ink is enough to ruin a glass of water.

Anyway that's just the entree, there just wasn't any creativity in using the gold finger, just a long winded drama with a narrowed usage.

I mean come on, guy could have achieved a lot more if he used a bit more of his nzt brain juice, china is like "what multi billion dollar deal? is that even important pew" kid just beat jack ma back to his ma's womb.

not to mention even the power he pulls out is lack luster, they seemed to have a lot of potential but they just turn out meh.

Oh I remembered another careless plot, he pulls out the galaxy star from mib2...and a neutralizer from mib international.

If you've watched both the films and think for a min, you'll see where the problem is.

And is the author f**King serious?! That galaxy star just amounted to some rdx2.0?

Simply, author fails to follow his own world rules, writes with half knowledge of the movies.

PS: but to each their own likes

14. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that.

I ran into the synopsis and got bored so I started reading it (mtl), but, got red flag right at the start.

NZT? Googles it,.... this is gonna go to shit real quick.

Typical problem of trying to get it all, but author actually had a specific and "narrow" preference for what fits "realistic enough sci fi".

Why doesn't anything MCU qualify (Tesseract is a shell of enormous energy based weapon inside.It could just as easily be only Captain America's origin movie and Iron Man's are accessible by USB)?

Why not try if some sci fi games compiled cutscenes can form a stable world (and there are many games to try with like Starcraft -at least basic Terran campaign and Zerg, even Protoss psionics is merely an exotic energy form- )?

Command and Conquer? Spore? Age of Empires (its not much, but at least some small amounts of gold could ease financial troubles like food and bills in case he needs couple real months time off to get his start together and AoE can definitely be simulated),......

There's too many ways it can go and each reader even prefers their own scheme so it easily lands flat.

Especially because it starts with NZT which clashes with an author's actual brainpower too much, no matter how well he plans stuff out given how too many options are out there for an item like the USB.

15. JKingSniper

Reading List:
    Link
    Still a enjoyable read nonetheless

16. Deez_nutz black

Deez_nutz black New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Id keep it simple..

Money money money. Obviously i wouldn't like make it explosively overwhelming. Just enough to live by and buy a small property. Than build on that.. than build on that than build on that.. lol onceall worry on that's all done everything else would come inline. It wouldn't even be interesting enough to be a novel. That's how lowkey id be