Spoiler I Only Came To Find My Dad

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y are you blaming the mum and the dad? The dad transformed into a dragon and had no control over his powers. Its natural he would not want his wife around him. If he loses control, she'd be dead with unborn MC in her belly. He was sent fake letters and didn't even know he had a child. His situation is exactly what happens when there is bad communication. He couldn't visit because of siad first reason and second reason being his status (he can't exactly leave everything around to go visit her evertime he wants. Plus, the letter probably told him not to do so anyway)

16 is old enough to be able to have reasoning. She's spoilt and it's good but she could at least ask her dad to teach her to be an heir instead of sitting deck. She does practically nothing and expect her life and things around her to suddenly miraculously change. That's lame and damn lazy in my opinion.

She's only the victim of her uncle's evil along with that of the scared villages. The mum did everything in her power to protect and love her. She has no blame at all. She could have left but the uncle never bahave badly towards the mum and in her situation, having some backing is better than none when raising a child.

The MC is definitely the result of bad writing from author. She lacks fundamental character depth. Her being able to escape her uncle's grasp is proof that she has skills, intelligence and talent. But none of that is explored after she arrives at the Palace. On the opposite she regressed. Instead of using her father's influence to get away from the ignorant doll life she lived before, she chose to do absolutely nothing and continue to be a doll.

As I see it, MC is only good at being beautiful and worrying over trivial matters when her most important concerns remain unmentioned.

Katoanime and Miya Mizu like this.
  2. weiwei_w

weiwei_w Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever the reason, the dad proclaimed to have loved the mom so much, but never really made anymore effort to fix their situation, other than writing some letters. When you love someone that much.. can you 100% leave your love one to someone else’s care for that long?

16 is not old enough for her to accept everything that’s thrown her way bc of the situation her parents put her through. Ofc the uncle is the worse villain but her parents LACK the decency a parent should have. 15-16 y/o teenagers, even if they’re mature, aren’t mentally fully developed to think critically at all. Imagine a 16y/o whose been groomed from a very young age, they would have no room to actually self develop any thinking in their own. Her being spoilt, I see no reason to shame her. She literally never had a childhood to be a child. Mentioning that she should ask her father to “train” her to work and become the heir, I get what you’re trying to say but give the girl a break. She barely even had time to feel loved.

the mom definitely didn’t do everything in her power to protect the MC. If she did, she wouldn’t have stayed that long in a disgusting village that harasses them over and over. Her selfishness of wanting to pursue her love was prioritized before the safety of her child. As a mother, shouldn’t you have tried to do something in those 8 years to change your own circumstances instead of just bearing with it?

All in all, the parents lack responsibilities as “parents” should have, the uncle shouldn’t even be allowed to live, the whole storyline failed to deliver any raw emotions that should come with the situations.

I had high hopes for a more in depth character growth type story but the author wants to fluff the dark storyline. I respect your opinion, I guess that’s your takeaway from this story. Hopefully, the story gets better if not worse.

snzzykitten and its0k like this.
  3. Miya Mizu

Miya Mizu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'all, all I wanna see is spoilers abt chapters and who's the ML. I'm kinda rooting for the blond haired twin boy since he seems so sweet, but on the other hand it seems like the Crown prince might just be the ML. But there's also a possibility that her step bro is going to be the ML, I don't rlly want this so that's why I need confirmation.

But all I see is opinions abt the dad being trash and all. Like... Can we just wait for a few chapters in so that the explanation will come rather than getting to some conclusion?

Apparently being an Imperator bloodline, the dad had to send Leah and his brother (in hope that he'll protect Leah in his stead but look where it got him) away so that he won'f harm any of them. At the moment his awakening started, he won't be human and will go to his instinct to kill. Apparently the brother said that he already killed their parents so yeah, more the reason why he sent Leah and his brother away.

They exchange letters but apparently the brother was obsessed with his brother's wife and manipulate the letters sent to him. In Alistor (the dad) perspective, he wanted to be strong and better for Leah so that she can confidently stand beside him and safe living beside him. The reason why he didn't went and search for Leah was because he haven't truly return to human since there's still scales around his body and scratches from when he lost control. This is from my understanding from reading the manhwa.

Then his daughter came, by God, why are you mad at the daughter who wasn't raised to be intelligent for not being able to save her mother? Her mother didn't listen to her when she said that Benjamin was up to no good and kept telling her that she was having a nightmare. Then Leah knew that Benjamin was up to no good but still trust him, perhaps because he was her brother-in-law. Then came the time when Leah kept refusing his proposal and abandoning her and also broke his promise to the village, making Leah and her daughter shunned from the villaige for being the reason why some husband died from the wolf conquest.

The village bullied and won't help her and her mother because Benjamin broke his promise. Then her mother became ill. Only Father Patrick, the priest cared for her while cannot do much. But still stood beside her and her mother. She tried to get the doctor to cure her mom only to leave in vain because the doctor is scared that they will get the lashback from the villagers.

And you know the rest.

Now, Louise knew that her father is kinda having some contract with the dame and she was not comfortable with it. She only wanted her mother to be the only one who stood beside her father, to be her only mother. Now if you read around chapter 35ish to 40, you'll see how Alistor and Louise talked about what happened, heart to heart. She became aware of what her father really going through. She was guilty of only thinking why he didn't search for her and her mother and she was not ready to forgive. But she opened her heart and learnt to forgive her father.

Now please, tell me :') anyone knew who's the ML? I haven't check all the pages yet since 7 pages in, still no sign of spoiler...

Also um, why I said wife and brother-in-law because the manhwa said so? I don't rlly know... So they might not be married yet or already married

Thank you so much for this spoiler! I've been going through this thread for spoiler and I finally got one :') Kinda sad that the ML is not the blond haired twin boy

Khadz and TiaUnniee like this.
  4. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, the father had health problems which could potentially kill his wife and daughter. Would he risk meeting them? I think it is exactly because he love his wife that he refrained from meeting her. Besides, we are never shown how much suffering the parents went through. To call them unfit for parenting is a bit biased.

In isekai novels especially ones in those times, she should have matured in second life. I mean she could escape from the worst situation yet can't deal with simple matters. That's just bad writing and character growth - plain and simple. She doesn't put effort to change things or even herself yet expect all good things to fall on her lap. I call that lazy. She knows she was indoctrinated but in Thai life thanks to being by her dad's side, she is finally free. So, as a 16+ child I expected her to at least ask to be educated this time around so as not to repeat history. Her fear of her past life should have made her do something-anything useful. Instead she passes her time sitting there doing relatively nothing. And that's been going on for a while.

From my view, when she comforts her dad or talks to others she has some character growth but then she regresses in the next chapter. Sometimes she looks like an Isekai protagonist but sometimes she acts worst than a baby. The to and fro in her character change shows bad writing. Feels personally that author didn't plan the story before starting to write.

Katoanime likes this.
  5. weiwei_w

weiwei_w Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I see what you’re trying to say. In the end there’s still not gonna ever be enough excuse for the dad’ s and mom’s careless actions. that’s just my opinion. Thanks for explaining your thoughts

As for Louise, her trauma is just that deeply rooted. People deal with trauma differently, some spend their whole life with mental trauma. With no real therapy or guidance, It’s probably why you feel that Louise is unstable.

Some ppl already mentioned but Louise gets stronger when she’s older right? Maybe they’re will be some character development.

snzzykitten likes this.
  6. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then we agree to disagree about the parents. I personally think the parents are forgivable as they too have a life of their own, duties, responsibilies, priorities (here it's the illness of the dad) and situations they cannot avoid.
    Although I find it harsh, your opinion differs from mine. Thats fine.

As for Louis, since the genre is isekai and fantasy, I don't want to judge the story on modern or real life too much. But, it is kinda boring for the story if the MC doesn't make a move. I mean we read stories for entertainment purposes and expect it to flow. I can't see the importance of the FL in this story. I personally feel the story would have been nicer if written from the perspective of the adults or the brother as they at least do things that makes them important. But in this case, it's too stagnant. Personally, since she is the MC, I expected her to do something instead of nothing that makes her worthy of being a protagonist. But she is a boring character unfortunately.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    81ganzy likes this.
  7. byunzkdlin

byunzkdlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    had a feeling the ml was idris i like him anyways

8. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Summary for those who want to know what is been going on in the last 14 pages

[​IMG]

diorion, Hln1231, snzzykitten and 8 others like this.
  9. lostxrain

lostxrain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New season 2 cover
    [​IMG]

10. Notnott

Notnott Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like MC because even though she went through so much pain she was able to run away from that hell and even faced that damn uncle and please don't forget the fact that she was brainwashed , as for the father I should say he is a good father and really loves MC and does his best to comfort her and be there for her , so I respect the father and don't hate him and quite like him , but I can't forgive him for marrying another woman in the first TL and not coming for the woman he loved , ok let's say he wanted power to protect Leah but why when he got that power he never came for them ? Unless it's a reasonable and satisfying enough reason I can't forgive him .
    As for the step mom at first I didn't like her cause she said to MC to call her mother even though she knew MC lost her mom recently but I forgave he cause she apologized to MC for saying that and so I respect her.
    I really want to know the reason why the father didn't came for them in the first TL so if any of you knows please share it with me too.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  11. aboni_06

aboni_06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who will inherit the imperator? is it fl or her stepbro?

12. Celly RIvers

Celly RIvers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Louise will be the one inheriting.
    Eric will inherit Dame Eisler's business

snzzykitten, Kamina and aboni_06 like this.
  13. Selene830

Selene830 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats with the Queen she doesn't like the FL dad and the FL? what's her history with the FL dad seems like they have a bad relationship ?

princessbelle likes this.
  14. Ganso777

Ganso777 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Endgame she becomes the archduke.

What happens to Benjamin (uncle) and the villagers? I'm starting the manhwa now but I want to know if they get a bit of comeuppance

snzzykitten likes this.
  15. Celly RIvers

Celly RIvers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Benjamin: Got his tong pulled out by Allistair himself, his hands were cutted of, and were sentenced to life imprisionment in a prison island.
    The Villagers: They don't recieve much focus, only a bit during the judgment part but, the comeuppance they recieve was that the the whole village changing into a ghostly place, as Allistair said that he would completely isolate the village, not allowing anyone to trade with them nor pass throught the village again. ( I sincerely wanted a bit more of punishment, but even so, they deserved and this is better then nothing.)

Minaeli and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  16. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean............................. he litteraly fucked some other bitch and had BABYS with her when the fl's mom was alive, what are saying about "moving on" he literally abandoned "the love of his life"

Creolenerd likes this.
  17. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "he litteraly fucked some other bitch and had BABYS with her when the fl's mom was alive"
    Didn't happen, but ok...no mention of MC having real blood siblings, I know it's better to invent, which is what you are doing, and who did he exactly fucked?
    Now that I think about it, have you ever read the story?
    Because he really didn't move on (he should have), the marriage he has with the brunnete woman is political, no sex involved.
    "Abandoned" => MC mom escaped, he tried to contact her, in fact, he thought he was contacting her, not his fault that his brother manipulated everything and was the middleware between them,,giving him power to do as he pleased.
    FL is for self-inserters

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Ravenz and Celly RIvers like this.
  18. 0mimi0

0mimi0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn...I've been waiting for Louise to grow up for so long (that's why I sometimes read manhwa!), and when I looked at kakao, I saw that cover 2, where she's an adult, only appears in a side story.Does this mean that she will be a child throughout the main story?(150 chapters) Well, bye then.Well, I understand that she's happy to finally live the life of a carefree child, but I don't see the plot.I love sweets, but they can be too sweet for me, the same story with cute novels :blobawkward:

19. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was curious if there were more details from the main story (or side stories ? ) If she becomes the Arch Duchess (a grand duke traditionally ranks in order of precedence below an emperor, king or archduke and above a sovereign prince or sovereign duke, unless you know its an independent Dukedom IE like IRL Grand Duchy of Luxembourg which is an independent sovereign Grand Duchy. ) So is he marrying into her line ? Because she is the Ruling duchess of a Grand Duchy - or is she going into his and thus the title would be either merged into the kingdom (or more likely given to one of her Children to carry on the line) -Well that got very wordy for a question xD

Fairly certain you misread the story. As that didn't occur. Hes the 'Teacher' of the Twins and their Guardian while their father (Count) is away. He is also Marrying the Dame as part of contract marriage. Her son is from her previous engagement and is her own heir. He gets the help of someone who will help him stabalize his Grand Duchy - she gets to mine more Mana stones and gets a Title that will help her project herself further. Its a mutually good agreement. But they certainly haven't ****ed or had babies. She has her own heir and son , and he has his own heir and daughter. She also gets along quite decently with her Step daughter so.. yeah think you misread.

Ravenz likes this.
  20. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact people can justify what the FL's father did is shocking.
    The "father" abandons the FL and her mother to rot in a backwater village and be at the mercy of the psychopath perv yandere uncle. Not once bothering to check up on them once. However, the moment he realises the FL's mother is dead he marries some aristocrat and adopts her son whom he makes his heir (basically sidelining his own daughter in the favor of someone elses). The is more a "father" to is stepson than he is his own daughter.

The only reason I see this is because the FL is female and the stepson is male. And boys to someone like the FL's father is preferred over girls. Which is disgusting sexism. The FL's father handed over what should have been her inheritance to a child that isn't his blood because he is male and has better "breeding" (i.e mother is a noble).

Btw where was the "father" in the original timeline when she was being groomed and forced to be the bride of her uncle?
    Most likely playing happy families with his new "wife".

Notice that despite knowing the FL's mother is dead it's the FL who reaches out to her father and makes first contact than the deadbeat lowlife who is too busy making wedding plans and plans to groom/adopt his step-son to be his heir.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    pandamaci91 and magical_al00 like this.