Discussion I really wish people would mind their own business

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by teargrants, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if this teen was minding his own business that girl would have died.

We need heroes in life. Sadly, real heroes are underappreciated

Many living by themselves have ended up dead for days without anyone knowing.
    That's a sad life.
    I prefer that people mind my business.
    I can't live life alone.
    I can't even take a dump alone.
    I need toilet buddies :aww:

Totally not gay . Summon @Zheya @elengee

AMissingLinguist and mir like this.
  2. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's any consolation, that visual was 100% not on purpose :sweating_profusely: I didn't imagine it that way. I imagined it as:
    *looks down at body* yep still a girl.
    *still feeling the cramps* yep definitely a girl. (am tired of this goddamn pain every month :blobsalt:)

Like that ^
    I wear glasses but I'm not into those things.
    Yeah...

kenar and AMissingLinguist like this.
  3. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    The people I'm closest to always preface our conversations with something like "I'm just gonna rant" or "I just want you to listen". Most of my work revolves around solving other people's problems so my default is to listen and come up with viable solutions. If I'm unfamiliar with someone and they come to me to talk about stuff I usually ask them if they want advice or just a friendly ear so we don't end the conversation with them feeling unsatisfied.

It can be frustrating, right? I don't get bothered by it now, but it used to aggravate me a lot when I was younger. Eventually it'll get to a point where you stop caring about it so much. Until then...well at least we have the internet.

blues86 and mir like this.
  4. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, dodge that bullet. Nothing against you, but if you we’re my type. I’d be obligated to hit on you. And frankly your too cool to loose your friendship.

kenar and mir like this.
  5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Id totally hold your hand and help you do breathing exercises

Wujigege likes this.
  6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you suggesting @Wujigege is giving birth? Well then, I'll be the one to the inform the family if the child is a child or not.

Wujigege and blues86 like this.
  7. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course in all things should be in moderation. You shouldn’t go to the extreme on one side or the other, but there is a difference between a Good Samaritan and a busybody that don’t really care.

imK likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    A famous story I was told years ago

A man committed suicide by jumping off the golden gate Bridge or whatever bridge. On his suicide note, he said if one person said hello to him that he won't jump.

People easily talk to each other online. I am pretty sure you won't say hello to me if I was a stranger you met in real life.
    I guess our generation is lucky to have the internet

mir likes this.
  9. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    It saddened, or not. Just tell them to shut the hell up and don’t talk to me if you don’t want them to.

However, saying that everyone should just mind their own business is bad. A little encouragement is what usually needed for many who would have crossed the line if not for them.

mir likes this.
  10. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I do that all the time. I work at several hospitals and I sometimes say Hello or apologize for getting in some patients way. But it’s respectful and courteous to do so. It only takes a second to show, but it brightens that persons day. Especially if it doesn’t take that much effort.

Wujigege and imK like this.
  11. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of reminds me of this Korean variety show infinity challenge I watched. I remember there was like phase over months of episodes where the members would constantly tell one person to “cheer up” and he’d get super annoyed over it almost vent on camera but held it in with a forced smile. I know they were all rl friends and that member was going through rough times behind the scenes... but I sort of felt it was too much and ended up being some sort of running tv joke... since it was also used in other shows that member appeared on...so it’s understandable if you don’t wanna be forced into doing something and being told repeatedly is just annoying. Like it’s nice people are thoughtful but once it’s borderline teasing or a joke, it’s not ok.

12. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm this is pretty difficult topic to discuss. Because there's really no right or wrong answer. If you wanted people to mind their own business because they don't understand you. Shouldn't you try to let them know? People aren't mindreaders, we can't tell what's going on in your life if you don't tell us but we want you to know we're there for you.

I do agree that telling people to just 'laugh off the problems' can seem insensitive but I'm a person who always tries to see people in an optimistic light so I always assume their intentions are good, albeit delivered in a bad way. Communication is an extremely overlooked factor that harms a lot of relationships, i mean a simple 'fuck off' would be enough to ward off jerks who're trying to taunt you and a simple 'I'm sorry but it's not really a problem that a smile can solve' can send a direct but concise message to people. :blob_tilt: But this is just me speaking from experience with a really positive outlook on life. :cookie::cookie:

kenar and imK like this.
  13. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    Look them in the eye and say mind your own fuckin business, capiche!

14. Fuwafuwakid

Fuwafuwakid [HIGH-CLASS POTATO] [BAMBOO MUNCHER]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my mom said "dont feel depressed your life not as terrible as others"

imK likes this.