Spoiler I Refuse to Be Executed a Second Time / 2度目の処刑はお断りです

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Sep 9, 2022.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.pocketcomics.com/comic/7537

https://www.comico.jp/comic/7537

Description:
    Ella Walker looks back on her life atop a guillotine. She was forced to cancel her engagement with Prince Gil in favor of her stepsister Isabella and demoted to rule a desolate hinterland. Then, the resulting riot leads to Ella getting executed. But after the execution, she somehow ends up reincarnated ten years into the past. Having been given a chance to do it all over again, Ella is determined to live her new life freely, without being tied down. She gives up her spot as Prince Gil's fiancee to Isabella and decides to work hard to reform the hinterland as its new lord. But fate's guillotine doesn't leave Ella's throat, with the blades of many trials to come threatening to stab her. Can she escape her destined death and obtain happiness...?

—————
    I was hoping that the ex-fiancée wouldn’t be the ML but it seems to be the case based on the 2nd cover:(

1. What happens to those two b*tches (stepsister & stepmother)? Do they get retribution?
    2. What’s up with the ML? Why did he just let FL get executed? Did he really think she did all those things? Couldn’t he have investigated or smth?
    3. How does FL & ML fall for each other? Does ML now start taking interest in her now that she’s different? (Ugh *eyeroll* typical) or was it he’s always liked her all along (but if so why the f*ck would be let the girl he likes be executed?)

Laerta, Mandyj, hongmeowpanda and 6 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    Nono Ackerman likes this.
  3. Deleted member 445404

Deleted member 445404 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the cover,
    Though I'm not sure if I saw this one already,
    But I want to check if there will be a spoiler for this.:)
    Can I stay here and wait?

Naenia likes this.
  4. ellanica

ellanica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, I'm waiting here. I usually hate stories where the ML had something to do with the FL's death directly. Especially when she's innocent.

These FLs are built different, I could never imagine being with your killer/executioner even if they did so out of a 'mIsUnDeRsTaNdInG'. I'd be too paranoid.

5. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

From the cover down to the synopsis, I was already wary so I'm only here for the spoilers for now. Props to MC though choosing and keeping the desolate land though

6. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right this kind of scene will never happen in real life and doesn't make any sense, what kind of woman who married her killer and didn't get the trauma or living with the haunted past. All the author of manhwa just brush it off, and make the fl fine and dandy whenever meet the ml that killed her on the second life

AlmostMeds, Laerta, torte1315 and 3 others like this.
  7. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I notice that this is a manga not a manhwa. Judging by some other regression mangas I've read, I don't have high hopes.

Chapter 4 pretty much confirmed the ML when ML's grandma said "Isn't there someone out there who can free his heart". Idk about you guys but he is too weak and coward for an ML. He is okay with engagement to sister cuz it is good for family and his father wants to make the ties stronger with that household.

I cannot even call the sister human. If she became a queen she would be like Rashta. She publically burned a whole damn person (the minister) cuz he made opposed her family. She isn't even a wuren yet used the authority to alone pass such a horrible punishment. It was way too cruel and barbaric. After this her standing in nobility became stronger. I find it ridiculous cuz she took someone's life without any proper evidence or anything. The nobles and commoners should be throwing rocks at her not praise her.

The ML is not even slightly fazed by this. His grandma even ask if he wants to stay engaged with her and he is like of course, it is good for our family. Human life doesn't matter to him either, I guess. No wonder he let FL get executed in past.

What I hate more is that FL is doing her work and improving the land that was given to her. She is smart and capable but author is gonna waste her by making her marry this asshole.

I fucking hate "He is too broken and a girl will change and fix him with her love" trope.

With that being said, I am leaving. Not my type of story. Good luck to you all.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  8. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than cowardly, I’d say he’s too indifferent. Tf do you mean you don’t care who becomes queen when your fiancé is going around burning ministers to death? He’s meant to look cold and closed off but comes off looking like an apathetic idiot. I mean the political intrigue here is that his father wants the royal family to get closer to FL’s family, hence the engagement, but some nobles don’t want the Walker family getting anymore powerful— insinuating they are pretty mighty as is— and the sister’s actions is making nobles lean towards the Walker family out of fear. Like shouldn’t the king or ML be worried the Walker family will become more powerful than them? Also does the male lead intend to just turn a blind eye to whoever the sister kills just so the engagement can proceed? Where is the sense?

9. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so the ML knows that b*tches true colors and he doesn’t give a sh*t????? So does this mean he knew the FL was innocent????? Omg the FL choosing him in the end or the author making her FL do this is crazy!:blobfearful:

10. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure about this part but he probably had some idea in the past considering the sister doesn't hide her true nature. I read the 4 chapters only. ML and his family and almost every noble is aware that sister is cruel after the burning incident. You can read first 4 chapter on zinmanga.

torte1315 and imreallyanarwhal like this.
  11. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean she publicly had a minister burnt to death. Even the ML’s grandmother thought it was way too extreme. Whether ML knew FL was innocent idk but his personality actually makes me think he likely knew FL was innocent but didn’t care since her life or death neither contributed or took anything from whatever is the royal family’s agenda

AlmostMeds, Laerta, torte1315 and 7 others like this.
  12. Priyyaa

Priyyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure but i already hate this story since ML is pathetic. Being cold and aloof is fine but what's with this indifference when his to be wife is killing people like this when she didn't even become the empress what would be the condition once she does. How pathetic i swear for someone to not care about anything as long as royal family benefits. I swear he himself wouldn't make a fine emperor. I simply hate him. And the trope of "someone who can change him with her love" is the worst part. It's just like "abandoned empress". He killed her father and her as well as her child just for a measly reason that he was always compared to her so he started to hate her. How incompetent and pathetic i swear. Fl forgiving them is srsly:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

13. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That ML is just as worse as that sorry excuse of a ruler SHIT Emperor in LADY TO QUEEN:mad::mad::mad:
    It's a helllish nightmare that the author makes her clearly angry struggling FL to love/forgive her atrocious ignorant arrogant murderer who executed her and her entire beloved family!!!

[​IMG]
    It still amazes me that the demonized feminine sexual active gold digging whore type gets more punished than the guilty vile ML :eek: Lady To Queen Chapter 95

Here is an educational video why broken murderous immature brooding manchildren are often the love-interests of the FL/Heroine.
    The Byronic Hero: Isn’t it Byronic? (Feat. Princess Weekes) | It’s Lit

14. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with all of you we need a better ml, they don't have to be a knight in shining armor or from royalty golden spoons lineage. He can be just a citizen that hard working and passionate about his work, or peasant that have a heart of gold. Buttt nooo all the author just want to shove us the idea a good ml is from rich powerfull background that have shit downright asshole personality, that when the fl end up chose him anyway, i begin to question my sanity!!

15. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Rare examples where the ML isn't part of Imperial Royalty.

• André in Rose of Versailles
    • Lancelot in The Lady's Butler
    • Ursch-Kun in The Villainess Wants To Marry a Commoner
    • Nine Forton (Maybe) in Beware of the Villainess

16. WhiteCoffee

WhiteCoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow....another series where the dumb MC marries her killer because her killer has a royal seed. PTSD? What was that?

Royal seed >>>>>> PTSD.

Shojo writers should stop thinking this kind of trash romance is romantic. It is disturbing and disgusting.

17. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Tbf to the FL in that "Lady to Queen" the MC didn't really have a say when it came to leaving the Emperor. He REFUSED to grant her a divorce and REFUSED to allow her to live peacefully in self-exile. She was stuck with him and chose to make the best of a bad situation. Keep in mind, she only married him to protect her family from the fate they got
    in the 1st TL.
    Yes, I hate the ML of that story more than Rosemund because she was only elevated to the status she had and allowed to do the evil
    things she did 100% due to him.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  18. Elste

Elste Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is an original comic therefore doesn't have novel and I can say for sure every character is braindead.

Basically ML's PSTD is that the King and everyone around him consider him an average person, therefore he has reduced himself to comply with his duties and character. Yea that's it. He accepts everything that is ordered and if you want my opinion is just a puppet.

And honestly I say every character is braindead cuz they are. MC still believed that her sister was going to leave her alone even after being invited to a Royal Ball by the Queen Mother, that she could go back to her territory and live peacefully.

And the King is the worst of them all. HE KNOWS that by marrying ML with Isabella (MC's stepsister) they are going to become puppets of nobility and yet still wants to go ahead. They all know that Isabella is a cruel woman and if you want my opinion sooner o later will become a liability for the royal family, and still goes ahead with it

And you want to know the last thing Isabela did to get MC? Told everyone my sister has been sick since she was little so therefore she can't have a child so I'm better cuz I can continue the lineage. I mean, they haven't even tried to have kids lmao

19. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first, the Dowager Queen pissed me off when she interjected the FL into this "Queen competition" against her will and draw unnecessary attention to her. Insisting "she is the best candidate for CR's fiance", despite the fact the FL resigned from the role and doesn't want to marry the CR, however one thing the Dowager Queen implied is true is that the FL choosing to yield to her sister's demands won't protect her for long or those she cares about.
    Isabella is displaying just how erratic and tyrannical she is BEFORE even being a Queen, imagine what she is going to do after?

Being passive doesn't save the FL and her people since Isabella hired bandits to raid and murder/assault, innocent people, out of pure spite that the FL was invited to a royal event and that the FL was obliged to attend.

This isn't a rational person, whom you expect to behave in a reasonable and rational way.
    Even tyrants are capable of reason, and pragmatism. Isabella is a vicious idiot who sees herself entitled to become Queen and believes in her own self-importance. Demonstrated that she will torture and murder mercilessly those have done her no harm for either petty reasons or just kicks.

It seems the only one with a real sense of the gravity of the situation is the Dowager Queen. The King is weak and the CR is a passive
    tool. And the FL lacks the directness to stand up to her stepsister and stepmother, in fact she is the one who gives in too easily thinking that will let them leave her alone.

The question shouldn't be if the FL is the best candidate for Queen, but is the CR even suited to be King?

20. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    It's very likely a trashy melodrama to make the readers/viewers so shocked, perplexed and angry that they wanna keep hate-watching it......

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    AlmostMeds, RubySBS and i_am_here like this.