LCD I Shall Seal the Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Mousa4, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you reading atm?

2. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    All I can say is that you're in for a wiiild ride now. I kinda envy with all those stocked up chapters.
    On a completely unrelated note, rethinking about it, while ISSTH is GOOD, it's my least favorite among Er Gen's novels.
    Ri > AWE > ISSTH for me (didn't read BtD so I dunno yet)

3. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read all Er Gen's works and would say:
    BtD/PoT>RI>ISSTH>AWE
    ISSTH was good, AWE had not that good 2nd half of the story + it didn't match my sense of humor. Considering RI was first of this franchise it was great, however, none of them were as emotional and touching as PoT.
    I have a recommendation from personal experience. When one completes PoT, that person needs to re read the prologue/ preface. Honestly, I have read nearly all well known works on NU such as other Er Gen's works, Gu, ZTJ, WotMW etc. but none of them came even close to PoT

4. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost all those who read PoT said Ri is better. You're one of the rare ones to say the opposite(only one or 2 out of the countless I asked told me BtD > Ri) XD. Most of them tell me it's a close second to Ri. All hail Ri's mortal arcs!!

I heard BtD's divine magics are wtf tho.

As for me, I find AWE's 2nd half interesting. And the majority of the Chinese fans say that : Ri > BtD > AWE > ISSTH. Apparently issth is the least liked for them because they felt Er Gen could've done better, and mostsly I heard because of Meng Hao : (everything falls in his lap, his character too perfect, etc.) It dosen't mean it's bad, heck it's veeery good, a classic even, and I still like MH.

Besides, AWE is apparently a "break" from the author, so it's a more funny, light-hearted version break from his usual style.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  5. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there is also a question of how many of those people have actually COMPLETED both RI and PoT. Well, some of those magics might seem weird, but to be perfectly fair, most of them in any novel get really obscure, especially dao novels. + If you read mtl, it doesn't help much ether.
    Yes, Meng Hao is really lucky, but AWE mc is no different. From my personal point of view he is basically dumber version of Meng Hao.
    RI does have cooler abilities, but PoT has better main plot. From my point of view, Su Ming is one of those rare MC's who showed that being cultivator is more than just being lucky moron.

6. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so you can read the raws? or mtl? Anyway those people all read to roughly the current HTLed chapters.

Nah, the most lucky one's still MH. BXC isn't dumb, you can even see it when he enters politics in the Eternal Lands. It's jsut that as I said, the novel is a more light hearted one, so the moments where BXC can show his wits can only be counted on one hand, compared to some novels like Ri or PoT when everyday is a day you gotta be cautious to survive.

I think you misunderstood what I mean by "wtf divine abilities". I meant that POSITIVELY. My wtf here meant : awesome, OP, cool, etc.., pick whatever you want :)

A good chunk of those I asked told me that BtD divine abilities are better than Ri. (but that Ri > BtD still...)

I dunno about plot-wise, since I didn't read BtD, so I can't comment on that. Tho imo, for now, issth kinda had the "better plot". I can't really say something about this actually, since the translation of Ri didn't finish, so there may still be surprises, and the plot seems to be evolving to a REALLY good direction.

"From my point of view, Su Ming is one of those rare MC's who showed that being cultivator is more than just being lucky moron."
    I guess, since they say BtD is a close 2nd to Ri, it must be kinda similar. And just so you know, wich you probably already know, that's literally what's Ri's known for.
    The sheer lvl of scheming in Ri is over 9 thousands. Ri and BtD are one of the most, if not the most realstic novels about the cultivation world, where MC actually gotta think and scheme to survive.
    Wang Lin is generally the prime exemple to that. And I guess Su Ming too.

PS : I'm not contradicting you or anything, heck I didn't even read BtD so what right I have to do that. Just saying what I already know and what those seniors that read and still read both novels thought and said. The majority.

:)

7. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you re-read issth, it would be cool if you could help the issth wiki :)

8. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I read MTL. You should understand that Er Gen's style involves a lot of philosophical concepts. Sometimes it is hard to understand them. We might argue who is more lucky, but in the end we can agree that both of their luck is amazing. PoT is darker than RI.I don't want to spoil anything, but trust me, Su Ming's life is harder than Wang Lin's and that says a lot. From my point of view, if I had to rate overall quality of life (luck, schemes, darkness) in a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being hardest and assume that Su Ming's story is rated 10, than Wang Lin would be at around 8, Meng Hao at 4 while BXC at 3.5 or so.

9. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, they told me Su Ming is the one who had it the shittiest among Er Gen's MCs. Tragedy after tragedy (wich is actually one of the reasons they liked it a bit less than Ri apparently. Some of them said Ri's MC has a shitty, but not an extremely overboard one like Su Ming or smthing.......fuzzy memory dammit.)

And about that philosophy bit (I perefer to call it.....Dao comprehension ;) ), it's precisely becaus eof this that I don't dare to read MTL. Or else it'll be a blasphemy to Er Gen's works imo XD.
    You have guts to be able to read mtl........this old man salutes you for that (and berates you for it a lil' bit too XD)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  10. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone remember the chapters of the red wedding?, that whole arc was amazing and I'd love to re-read it .

11. philgreek

philgreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends how far you want to go back. The book as a whole relating to the whole arc starts at 629. Xu Qing reappears (after Meng Hao loses cultivation) in chapter 687 and the events leading to her inevitable death occur here (black sieve sect). Meng Hao arrives at the blood demon sect in chapter 701. Xu Qing re-awakens in blood demon sect in 710. The marriage itself is arranged in 763, occurs in 766 and Xu Qing dies in chapter 773. That arc/battle as a whole probably extends to about chapter 800.

So basically if you want the most complete version of the arc you're probably looking at all of book 5 (chapter 629-800), if you want from the point where Xu Qing reappears and the leading causes to her 100 year time limit then start at 687. If you just want the wedding itself probably 763-775 covers you.

Viola likes this.
  12. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay thanks a lot bruh <3, I'll probably read the whole arc, so this helps a lot

13. mukkaar

mukkaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I absolutely love this novel, but goddamn it bothers me when he doesn't go and get that Li legacy from the ruin where "Nigth" is. Especially when the war between 33 heavens were starting it could have been opportunity to power up. It seems like he spent entire 3 months before war just lazing around anyway. Instead of, idk, get stronger? He sI mean it has been there for something like 500+ chapters waiting for him.

14. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hadn't he already obtained the 3rd hex at that point?

15. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord Li's legacy afaik was the 2nd and 3rd Hex. Said legacy door was on Reliance's back, and Meng got it as @chencking said.

16. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he’s referring to the thing in the immortal demon sect. That MH never finished it

17. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    He got the legacy so who cares

18. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been years but I recall him finishing up all the loose ends very well. Er Gen as I recall didnt leave any plot holes as far a Meng Hao as him leveling his power. And if he did it was for something better found later.

Again, this was years ago, I am probably wrong but I followed issth pretty close... so maybe not lol???

19. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right but everyone thought the legacy was some supreme cultivation boosting thing and it turned out to be hexs

20. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    The legacy at the top that everyone wanted was a lie. The true legacy was the demon sealers hexes. He got them and used them to transcend. I call that a win.