Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoiler :aww::aww:
    I'll waiting for the next update :blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

2. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I had put my expectations on HIGH because this wasn't posted straight to MTL, the literal 1st post for 155 was someone telling us to read it ourselves and IT... WAS... WORTH... IT! We got a random proposal but I welcome it, I RELISH it, I ADORE it, I LOVE IT. Yulan took waaaayyyyy too long

Yu07, ATrueStory, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  3. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess that incident was to push Yulan and Vio together, gosh, what a violent way to do it. Well, what important is -MY SHIP HAS BEEN SAILED

Hypothon, Jukki, rock.doll and 2 others like this.
  4. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh... oh no. I can't say I'm thrown off by the sudden violent change of pace. It's so sudden that I'm a bit wary of something bad happening.

kawaii12345 likes this.
  5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had to mind replace the name, almost forgot who "Zilant" is hahahaha

kawaii12345 likes this.
  6. watha2

watha2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the urge to kick Vio's dad on his balls so hard he could not impregnate any woman.
    I hope he will get the justice and suffers slowly for a long time untill the last of his breath.
    No, you do not deserve any happiness you selfish bastard.

DOHere, Jukki and Tt123 like this.
  7. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you please tell me who's Zilant again?

8. neru74

neru74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yulan

ArkiV_10 likes this.
  9. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohh thank you very much

10. whyneji

whyneji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I needed to see this so much! And hear hear about the trash, don't ruin my happy babies!

Yrra likes this.
  11. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Yulan, sometimes MTL would translate his name as Zilant apparently.

ArkiV_10 likes this.
  12. usagimochi

usagimochi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is anyone keeping up with the manga? From the hints dropped, it seems that the manga endgame pairing will be Vio and Prince Claudia instead

kawaii12345 likes this.
  13. whyneji

whyneji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really??? That changes the whole story! And who would consider that a better ending to change up the novel???

Is Mary-Jun writing the manga or something...

Shyde, SueVal and ShinahX like this.
  14. ShinahX

ShinahX Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that's going to happen. I mean no one likes the prince and everyone roots for Yulan + there's no reason to change endgame couple (n)

DOHere likes this.
  15. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    How did you lead to that conclusion? I mean, sure admittingly manga Claudia surprisingly has many scenes (the talent competition and the senior tutorship before exam) but its still feels like leaning to Yulan. MC is literally over with Claudia, has gotten a bit colder with MJ in the latest translations, and as for Yulan, we get 2-3 important scenes, .5 if we count his scenes with Gia and the tutorship since those were the one of the few times Vio could catch a break. The others
    a. Yulan's internal vow. While it hasn't reached to the spoiler territory where it'll be revealed (like in the novel) that Yulan remembers first timeline and is most likely the reason why she was brought back, he won't make the same mistakes twice/let her suffer again makes a ML dialogue option. Or the friendzoned 2nd ML if we got it wrong.
    b. Buying Yulan's watch chapters, Vio even goes as far as tell him more about herself (the origin of her name) AND it was a date. Vio has to be forced by social etiquette to hang out with Claudia or by plot due to the secretary, MJ, or even his torned cloak.
    C. Semi-important since we can't have Yuri end, Yulan got Marin's internal semi soft approval. Literally the only person Vio considers family in that household is willing to consider Yulan to save her at some point

16. okpanda_533

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it because of the cover? I think from an emotional perspective of the manga plot, it seems like Yulan and Vio's relationship is more fleshed out (iirc there was a side story where Yulan talks about Vio saving him etc) whereas for Prince Claudia it seems like 1) fascination at her change in behaviour, 2) guilt towards Yulan - and how Vio is facing the same situation, 3) Vio is rationally a better choice for marriage [though this originated from the secretary/meddling court jester's perspective]

17. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    QUOTE="DOHere, post: 5942018, member: 19420"]Yulan must also feel guilty about this, since he's the one who opened MJ's eyes.
    Then as someone above says, the father was already angry with Vio because of her grandfather and came to scold her to begin with?

Please Yulan, go with Vio to her grandfather, go the emperor, go to the police or something!:blobangery::blobdevil: Let them know how her father treated the legitimate daughter in her mother's house:blob_teary:

Now, if MJ were truly fair, she would bring her father to justice. Didn't she say in her previous lifetime that her sister must pay for her crimes?[/QUOTE]

I dunno but I see no reason why Yulan has to guilty. In fact, I think he should be angry. Why does that the father has to punish Vio for something another adult did? Because he was powerless to stand up to his former father in law? That's the duke's problem and it is an indication of how childish he acts despite his supposed age.

The only way to stop the father's actions is to put him in his place. He is just there until Vio's majority. For me, he knows it that why he keeps insisting Vio play nice and family with Vio so his second family can claim they were on the good terms with her when they are really not. Stepmother's action also reflects this and this is why cutting the cords of this family is the only way.

Please let me know if you have a spare spear, bow, and arrow, sword, or other tools for maiming the said father. I am in charge of keeping an eternal bonfire and a collection of weapons including pitchforks for the opportune time to skewer the man. Thank you and please spread the word! If you have a huge, fire-breathing dragon, it will nice too!

I know, right? I don't really want to expect too much on the romance angle since the family angle is ...effed up to put it mildly.Romance angles are also often effed up from the get-go so I really didn't dig deeper into that. But if the story tries to salvage that relationship with a romance that is for VIo's betterment, I will abandon the family ship and go for the romance ship. I will also abandon the Nun route if this gives me more satisfactory closure about this story. There is a saying that we cant get everything in our lives but if this path makes Vio more content, confident, and be more of herself this time around, I say, full steam on this ship.

Que horror! But usually, expect tweaks in any form of adaptation - from novel to manga, manga to anime, book to film...I will still judge based on the plot but at am least assured on the novel side.

I also usually judged on the cover but in this story, it has been an ensemble of Vio, MJ, Prince, and Yulan. I guess the Claudia cover was for the fans of that ship coz it can still sail on the manga. While you pointed good points, it still up in the air how this can work. In addition, let's not forget MJ as a part of the story and relationships. Vio is still pushing MJ on Claudia and Claudia can still find her attractive despite Vio not in the picture. If the YUlan-Vio ship cement son the manga, Claudia and MJ can establish themselves as secondary c characters or a couple firmly than before.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    zemblenity, Khadz, Creolenerd and 4 others like this.
  18. okpanda_533

Reading List:
    Link
    • Vio and Yulan were hugging, but even then the cold still got to them - Vio was still wearing lounge wear and slippers
    • Yulan apologised before princess-carrying Vio and when their eyes met, Yulan blushed
    • Vio tried to apologise (seriously why are they apologising lol) but Yulan said he was a bit happy because he could finally carry her properly
    • Vio said that Yulan used to be unable to carry her
    • Yulan recounts training so that he could carry her properly and protect her because Vio was the one protecting him when they were younger
    • Yulan tells her to forget his initial failure to carry her, and then asks if he's the only one who's seen Vio crying
    • Vio's thinking that she took great care of Yulan because she wanted to maintain some semblance of humanity(?); alternatively, Yulan is thinking that because of Vio, he was able to maintain some semblance of humanity despite being hurt by so many people - and that's why Yulan will only be moved by her and shed blood/tears for her.
    • Vio says "I've cried in front of Yulan... I wonder if I've cried in front of Marin before."
    • Yulan and Vio, though they've been hurt by people, are different. Yulan cut off ties with everyone early on (besides Vio), whereas Vio still craved her family's love. That's why Vio acted out in her past life, and she reflects on it thinking that she had a delicate/emotional heart, in some sense.
    • Yulan tells Vio that they're going somewhere to eat because she'll be hungry after crying (same girl)
    • Vio is confused that they're not going back to her house (bruh)
    • Yulan wonders why Vio hesitated about going somewhere other than her house; maybe she has someone important there that she wants to return to - it's her homing instincts (what is she, salmon?). He also notes that Vio and ~mysterious important person~ have been co-dependent for a long time and they need to talk properly. [t/n: is this about Marin?]
    • While they wait for the car that Yulan came in, Vio's grip tightens on Yulan's chest.
    I swear the changing POVs and lack of proper pronouns is going to end me some day :cry:

Bastian, Shyde, Yu07 and 29 others like this.
  19. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh, these two dolts talking with topics so serious and delicately while being all adorable and stuff. Honestly though, can't Yulan just send a letter requesting Marin to be sent to his household? Sure, it'd be a tipoff for sc*m dad where Vio is right now, or maybe he'll held Marin hostage or whatever, but clearly, other than the building itself, only Marin's the only being left in there Vio wants to have with her.
    Godspeed on the MTL and your brain. I thank you for the contributions

20. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, a bit random but the only series I can remember ever supporting the anime direction as opposed to the source material when it came to shipping is probably Fushigiboshi no Futagohime, and to those who've watched the anime, basically ended with FinexShade instead of the source material being RainxShade. Ofc we might've missed out on the shipping of the two more intelligent characters of the male-female main cast but I think the anime did a good job making ma appreciate and rooting for the brave girlxmysterious guy with a hidden purpose.
    Now back to the actual thread, I remember the early spoilers here mention Claudia had an obsession with Vio's smile and the spoilers haven't mentioned him at all with the number of new chapters? We've talked about manga Claudia but whatever happened to novel Claudia? This just goes back to the possibility of Claudia end at the manga (but its definitely leaning on Yulan for me. And that's not even me saying as a shipper since manga Yulan has toned down in yandere-ness compared to his novel self (and random add-on, I was pissed he was suddenly sick at the new arc. Can't Vio visit him after she left MJ alone? She is going to get punished either way for her latest actions towards MJ at the last panels of the manga translations, AT LEAST she can leave before she causes unwanted attention thanks to MJ, Claudia, or the secretary dude

Khadz, Jukki and kawaii12345 like this.