Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. datagirl

datagirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sarcasm of some of the commenters are killing me. *Wheeze* keep it up guys :sushi_cool:

Khadz likes this.
  2. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Came back here after months and still no update. By the time this novel ends, I will be an old lady.

If the author doesn't leave this world with the novel on ongoing status, of course.

darkcrystal, DOHere and Dadatada like this.
  3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main story is completed, andbthere looks to be 1 after story chapter posted last month, people just stopped talking about new chapters before it finished.

Khadz likes this.
  4. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? Then is it a HE with the 3 characters we care about? Vio, Yulian, and Marian in my case. What about MJ? Back to commoner status or POS dad?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    DOHere likes this.
  5. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it completed? Which chapter number is the last one?

6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marian stayed a loyal simp maid and she died 3 years later taking a bullet for vio and wjatshisface. Vio forgot she even existed by that point. She mispelt her name on the wooden headstone she made near the garbage dump. Her reason for loyalty remain a mystery to this day

ml stayed a genric yandnere boy and likes to threaten his son for taking to much of his mothers time #romancegoals

Vio founded a fund for nobles to protect them from commoners who are mean to them. The money is usally take from the orphanage fund

MJ went to a better written story With readers who can understand nuance Praise Jesus
    9bf2f726958682a8c5ee2a325e7f2c70.jpg

The stepmother finished her psychology PhD and runs a mental health clinic

The dad divorced and came out of the closet. He now lived with his husband and they are expecting there 5th child. He open a dance studio for dancer's

Source: my tea leaves

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    ValReads, Khadz, ninjakitteh and 5 others like this.
  7. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically you trolled us?

Can someone give us actual spoilers??

8. LyRogers

LyRogers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuran meets Violet and is worried about her. Wants to tell her a plan. They plan a meeting but Maryjun interrupts and weasels her way into it. Violet says that she will accept it
    To be fair, there is no purely good character in this manhwa. Everyone has done shit directly or indirectly and there is enough blame going on. To be fair, Violet couldn't directly express Maryjun to leave her alone but, she started clearly after leaving the family, that I am not your sister. If she had done it before, I shudder to think what her father would do then. The manga is quite accurate in showing it there, where it started, I've bothered/made sister angry again. Maryjun starts becoming intriguing when, well her worldview shatters and she shows a steel underneath it. After that, whatever development done is ruined by her being clingy. To be honest, I think the author is conflicted about her, whether they want to sacrifice her or make her an idiot, even though she is supposed to be a genius.

Honestly they're similar however the sister is even more pitiful back there☹️☹️

Khadz, lostross and ninjakitteh like this.
  9. ninjakitteh

ninjakitteh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still have to disagree: I think MJ qualifies not just as an innocent bystander, but as the sole "good" character in the story. As I pointed out before, not once did she ever act in an "evil" or vindictive manner, which cannot be said about petty much anyone other character - unwise decisions & living in denial do nothing to diminish the core of her character. Again, I am not the biggest fan of MJ as-written (Vio is easily the most intriguing of the bunch), but there really is no denying that she more-or-less held the moral high ground from beginning to end. Whether or not she is annoying, ignorant, deluded and/or immature, on the other hand... well, those are completely different discussions. If I were to factor morality out of the equation, I would even suggest MJ leans a little towards insufferable, but that is just the humble opinion of little ol' me.

Thanks for the spoilers, BTW. In all honesty, I threw this one in the trash, so to speak, after I concluded that I was very likely never going to care about what happens to any of these characters, but it's nice to get some answers nonetheless.

IMO, the sisters in TRDIB are way more interesting, and Helianne is even something of a badass. It is a shame that story makes even less sense than this one, though. lol

ValReads likes this.
  10. LyRogers

LyRogers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only say that purely I can consider her naive, pitiful, and a little on the dumb side but not good. Good can be defined as something which is "behaviour that is morally right or acceptable". However, what is morally acceptable? Ignoring her sister's conditions, not standing up for the sister, can that be stated as good? No. Maryjun does have a morally higher standard than Violet but that doesn't mean she is good. Her case is similar to when you see a someone getting bullied by a person close to you and you deliberately ignore it. Then when it's exposed, your worldview shatters. Honestly, nobody in any isekai manhwa is 100% good, no matter how innocent, sweet, and kind they seem. There are always layers to a person.
    Sorry, if I sound a bit philosophical

11. ivanlyw7

ivanlyw7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I AM FUMING BECAUSE YOU MADE ME COME BACK AND MTL THE NOVEL AND ITS SO DISSAPPOINTING LIKE I EXPECTED RAWR

Anyway short version of events after last spoiler:-

Yulan is threatened by prince to be introduced to the king at prince + fiance's engagment ceremony / graduation. Nothing really happens

MC has tea and relaxes.

MC and Yulan profess their love for each other.

MC and Yulan move into Yulan's mother house. Yulan reminices about whatever he knows about her to MC.

Thats it. Thats all the chapters.

Will write chapter by chapter summary when I feel like it

Opelia, Khadz, its0k and 6 others like this.
  12. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he did say he took that infro from his "tea leaves"

ninjakitteh likes this.
  13. ninjakitteh

Reading List:
    Link
    Ethics is a branch of philosophy (and my minor), so there is no need to apologize for going "deep," for lack of a better word. lol

If we really want to get technical, the very concepts of "good" and "evil" are just ideas that we monkeys invented, and thus hold no meaning outside of human society. Even if such things existed, it would, of course, be impossible for any monkey to be 100% lawful good, chaotic evil or even true neutral; therefore, the statement that any character is not "all good" holds absolutely no value whatsoever because it is a given premise right from the get-go. Regardless, we are not discussing whether or not anyone is 100% of anything, because our disagreement is ultimately over whether or not MJ qualifies as a "good character," according to whether or not MJ's character could be described by the word "good." As for the agreed-upon definition of the word "good," I would note that your definition is an example of circular reasoning, since "good and "morally-acceptable" are synonymous, though you seem to suggest that only the results of one's action matter in determining the morality of an action.

The moral content of one's action are determined more by their intent than by their results (boy, does this age-old subject take me back to my college days). Throughout this story, MJ's intention was always to do positive things for the people around her and grow closer to her family, but she just had no idea how to interact properly with all the shitty people in her new environment, which is completely different than everything she knew up to that point, and how fruitless it was to even try connecting with her "family." There is also no indication that she was making the decision to ignore/disregard her sister's feelings, which would be a malicious act since it requires conscious intent; rather, the issue there seems to be more that, depending on the instance, she either did not know better or somehow deluded herself into believing that any of her efforts would make a lick of difference... which is exactly what I would expect from a happy & innocent young commoner girl in a primitive Medieval-esque aristocratic society who suddenly gets thrown into noble society by a bunch of self-serving & vindictive pieces of shit without sufficient preparation to meet the high expectation placed upon her without warning. Again, I am not saying she was not a fool or a fuck-up - I am saying her foolish fuck-ups were innocent and understandable because, unless I missed something pretty major, she really was just a good kid put in a bad place.

The road to Hell may have been paved with good intentions, but its design and use is for nothing but ill will.

Afterthought: In the end, I think the biggest problem with MJ is that she is simply not a very well-written character. The author seems to have some issues with consistency, as there are way too many instances of characters acting in manners that make no sense. This seems especially so with MJ, who on occasion seems way too dumb, way too smart, way too idealistic, way too happy, etc. Like you said before, the author was probably conflicted on exactly how to portray MJ, and ended up making a sloppy mess... but this is just me.

Conclusion: Helianne FTW

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    Khadz, theilikepie and renuac like this.
  14. bloop123456

bloop123456 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    while i do agree that mj is a good person, her stupidity is what gets on my nerves. kinda reminds me of those annoyingly naive shojo mcs

beazacha and ninjakitteh like this.
  15. ninjakitteh

Reading List:
    Link
    You will get little no argument from me on that point! She is a significant part of why I dropped this shit, after all... :LOL:

The reason I prefer TRDIB over what's-this-called-again, despite it having an overall more-nonsensical story, is because the sisters are much better characters, and neither of them have much in the way of patience for the bullshit coming from their "parents" by the time they meet. Were it not for a couple plot elements, it would be close to what I consider a "top-tier" story at the very least.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
  16. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what series is TRDIB?

Nanashy likes this.
  17. ninjakitteh

Reading List:
    Link
    'The Real Daughter Is Back'

digitalreader likes this.
  18. Astrology Freak

Astrology Freak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (old lady voice) it's been 400 years...

But wow, I thought this story would wrap up in under 170~ ish chapters. This thread is so full of salt you can use it to season a few hundred meals for a whole year. THERE'S EVEN A WHOLE PAGE ABT GUNDAM????

People are still going at the MJ vs Vio debacle, I see. Besides, you can't deny that the author is terrible at handling their characters.

See: they should have used an exposition in-universe using their PoVs. All the things we have abt MJ's niceness are readers piecing things together, and the rest is heavily implied. MJ isn't a Good Person in TL1 and she isn't good at the present TL2 either lol. Which "good person" steals the man her sister likes, despite knowing said sister is heavily infatuated with him (Claudia, TL1)? And does a "Good Person" make overtures at a man who very much likes her half-sister (and said half-sister is attracted to the said man, but still unaware of it)?

Lol Nah. Vio finally getting some sense knocked into her and disengaging from MJ and Co. in TL2 is suddenly "kawaisou UwU" because that's what the default should actually be. MJ wasn't even that pitiable in TL1. She literally witnessed every day screaming matches and insults thrown at her "beloved big sister," and did absolutely nothing to stop it. Didn't even question why it happened. She probably just assumed her sister had a bad streak in her (with family like them, lol no wonder) and let it float through her empty, empty, head.

Even the most sheltered airhead can probably idk, actually TELL THAT THEIR PARENT IS BEING UNNECESSARILY ABRASIVE WITH THEIR SIBLING???

Vio in TL1 is THE bad guy because the attempted murder of your sister in abuse-induced madness is infinitely worse than you know. Standing by and watching it happen for years. TL2 is where Vio finally disengages and everyone gets to lie in the graves they dug. There's no reason good enough in the world for people content to let the status quo be if they're blissfully happy in their lil bubble of rose-colored glass houses ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It isn't even a question of ethics, it's just plain common sense. A good person In the Know wouldn't actively covet another person's special someone they're interested in jsyk. Funny thing is that this could have all been resolved earlier...if Vio just saved up every instance of her parents' of emotional abuse in the 2nd Timeline, dug around for a good lawyer and her Grandpa's support, and reclaimed her right to the Duchy. This is why I love KR Villainesses. They serve quick as you please the second time they come around.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    Neuthue, Khadz, Girokar and 8 others like this.