Resolved I think my friend likes me, need help, urgent

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leisheng, May 20, 2022.

1. Leisheng

Leisheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might do that when the situation is right because i feel like abruptly saying it now seems to be too late of a reaction?

2. Tarara

Tarara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i really did find new friends but they are all online friends and we do not live in the same country and all my friends that arent that close we barely communicate after quarantine, i wanted to find a new friend after that school year bc we most likely wont end up being classmates again but then quarantine happened so i didnt find new friends[/QUOTE]

Try reaching out to friends who you've lost contact/stopped communicating with. It might feel awkward but it's worth it plus they might love to hear from you/meet up. They're probably experiencing the same thing. A lot of
    No it's not. Next time you see her just say hey I want to talk to you about something important. Explain what actions it is that you don't like/make you uncomfortable, explain you only like physical contact with your parents and that you're straight so feel uncomfortable with kissing your female friends on the cheek. Then say I hope you understand so for future reference she knows not to do that. Make sure she understands its not ok and you don't like it. If she tries to change the topic or pretend it's not a big deal don't let her as its something that's really affecting you and as a friend she should respect that.

I want you to know that its OK to set boundaries with friends and be open and honest about how you are feeling or how their actions affect you. If you feel like you can't or they won't listen or change, those aren't the types of people you want as friends.

I also really recommend that you reach out to those friends that aren't so close anymore. One of the current closest people in my life is a girl I knew 6 years ago and I reached out to her last year after lockdown ended. We now talk everyday. Also if you meet someone new and aren't that close, try to build build relationship. Ask them questions, invite them out.

Leisheng likes this.
  3. Leisheng

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot!♡(∩o∩)♡ I will, and maybe reach out to some friends of the past

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Tarara likes this.
  4. Tarara

Tarara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot!♡(∩o∩)♡ I will, and maybe reach out to some friends of the past[/QUOTE]

Hope everything works out!

Leisheng likes this.
  5. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, totes adorbs.

Second of all, I'm way too old to be commenting on this any further.

I call upon women that can relate to other women, for as a man, I cannot understand emotions or it would be inappropriate for me to do so. @ludagad @Cream

Mnotia, Cream and Leisheng like this.
  6. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she only express affection in this way to you? Or is she like that with everyone?

Silver Snake likes this.
  7. Leisheng

Reading List:
    Link
    Update! I told her that we needed to talk and she said is it serious? I said well, i just wanted to say that i dont like my cheeks being kissed by other people and for her to not do it anymore and she apologized so thanks for the help everyone !! (♡˙︶˙♡)

BooklessBookworm, ludagad and Cream like this.
  8. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    yay!!!

Silver Snake and Leisheng like this.
  9. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Don't be desperate. At this point she'd be using the fact she's your only friend to take more advantage of you, and you'd be too scared of being friendless and let her. It's a lose-lose on both accounts. Friends are nice, but they're not everything in life. You can let some go.

2. I'm assuming you're young and haven't learned how to say NO yet. Guess it's time to. In this case it's a girl and they're usually less aggressive, but at some point you might meet a guy who might do far worse things if you can't even express your reluctance. For your sake, toughen up, stand by your principles and don't be afraid to speak your mind. So, talk to her and say you don't like being touchy-feely, you don't like her kissing you on the cheek, and you barely tolerate holding hands. Ask her to respect your boundaries. If she doesn't, she doesn't respect you, and you don't need people who don't respect you in your life.

3. She probably won't confess and enjoys the ambiguity of it all, since you give off clear signs you're not into it. I can only see this stressing you out in the long run. It's best to gather some courage and ask her straight out (after your convo from my second point) if she's into you. And politely reject her. Say you're into boys and you're not bi-curious and she's only wasting her time with you and stressing you out.

Silver Snake and Leisheng like this.
  10. Leisheng

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.. Update i asked her if she had a crush on me and she immediately called and asked why would i think that so based on this she doesnt like me??
    This is now awkward she keeps insiting on calling me but i keep rejecting because i share a room with siblings and everyone is asleep

She said that her making me say i love you throigh call was bc she never heard me say that to here before and asked me if she cant even be allowed that, i said you can but under normal circumstances where im willing not where im forced to say so because you pranking me that you were sick and felt like dying.. And she said but i never thought that i like u, what do i do

11. BooklessBookworm

BooklessBookworm Sensible Little Sister ꒰ঌ(⃔ ⌯' '⌯)⃕໒꒱

Reading List:
    Link
    Show obvious relief, and ask her to not act so odd by kissing and asking for you to say “I love you” since it’s confusing. In situations like this I think it’s best to be clear and honest. That’s how friendships should be. If you’re in a relationship where it constantly feels like your walking on nails and you need to be careful with your every action, I don’t think that’s very healthy. It’s fine to feel like that sometimes, we all have a couple moments where we overreact, but all the time? By that point you need to set an appointment to have an honest heart to heart to clear everything up and drop all the stress

Leisheng likes this.
  12. Leisheng

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!! I will

13. Lemonlyn

Lemonlyn ♥[ Incubus ] Onee-san Seducer♥

Reading List:
    Link

speaking as a Sapphic myself, um.... I flirt with all girls XD. but kissing is a bit far

Leisheng likes this.
  14. myfakeaccount

myfakeaccount Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See! Communication is good. Always be straightforward and the first thing any friendship or relationship is that you yourself is comfortable with it first.

Leisheng likes this.
  15. Leisheng

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone, there is another update, it turns out she DOES like me and she said she wanted to tell me through call but i didnt want to call. I thought she meant she didnt have a crush on me because, she said that she was just a showy type of person and even said she never thought that she liked me, but then she said she liked me today.. I am gonna reject her

EDIT : so we are no longer friends because we cant exactly ignore that ever happened since its unfair to both of us so thank you everyone for your help!

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Mnotia likes this.
  16. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    just watch a wellknown lesbian movie and say something like 'they are really cute and i support same sex love but i am straight af so it is not my cup of tea' she will understand if she is not dumb. I also liked my bestfriend (i wasnt touch thou) and was planning to confess till she said 'even though i support lgbti+ i am %100 straight' worked for me.

EDIT:just saw your last post but not gonna delete my comment in case someone needs this type of suggestion

Leisheng likes this.
  17. BooklessBookworm

BooklessBookworm Sensible Little Sister ꒰ঌ(⃔ ⌯' '⌯)⃕໒꒱

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s sad that you guys won’t be able to stay together, but I’m glad you’ve managed to solve the situation and put your mind at rest.

Leisheng likes this.
  18. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

No cap brother mans. Just date her.

Might as well. Fuck it.

Just tell her you didnt like that she lied to you about the whole health thing. Also, you dont like telling people other then your parents I love you? No cap, kinda weird but live your life.

I can see how that she could misconstrue how your acting as positive affirmations for kisses. You don't tell her to stop and you dont object to here going in.

You either gotta tell her your uncomfortable with this or just date her.

As someone that has dated the same gender, I can tell you it's fine. First time a dude kissed me I punched him the face. Now I love it with consent though.

Damn brother mans just damn

19. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Dump her and embrace the path of loneliness :blobuwu:

Leisheng likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you need to end your friendship with her tbh. Things may be a bit awkward around you for a while, but that doesn't mean you need to sever ties.

Like, I have three ex-boyfriends, and I'm still friends with them to this day... I won't say it wasn't awkward at first, but I cared enough about them to the point I wanted to keep contact even if I had to get over that strange feeling of being friends with someone who I held romantic feelings for at some point in time (and who held romantic feelings towards me too).

It's just... I dunno? I feel like being with someone I care for matters more than having or not having romantic feelings for one another.

Just try thinking about it? You don't need to lose a friend because you can't look at her romantically.

Leisheng likes this.