Spoiler I Unintentionally Cured the Grand Duke's Insomnia

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hoouuujae60, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Hoouuujae60

Hoouuujae60 No One from Nowhere

Reading List:
    Link
    20220211_214902.jpg

Title: I Unintentionally Cured the Grand Duke's Insomnia /본의 아니게 대공의 불면증을 치료했습니다
    Author: Hong Jeory/Red Jeolly/홍저리
    Artist: Irangbi/이랑
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-unintentionally-cured-the-grand-dukes-insomnia/
    Raw Link:
    https://page.kakao.com/home/본의-아니게-대공의-불면증을-치료했습니다/58416397
    Synopsis:
    I possessed an extra young lady, Adelia Blaise, who did not appear in the original novel.

The male lead, who was called madman due to his severe insomnia, was destined to be saved by the female lead, the saint.

Since this had nothing to do with me, I was just planning to live by publishing a book.

The male lead suddenly appeared before me.

Of all things, holding the book that I had published with him as the subject.

Making all the excuses, I even read the book to prove my innocence.

“Don’t tell me you’re falling asleep… Huh?”

The male lead fell asleep.

“I’m not the one who saves you, Cain.”

“…That mouth.”

“You’ll meet a woman who’s much more benevolent and kinder than me, and she’ll save you…!”

“Shut up, Lia.”

The corners of his lips, which had been moving leisurely, twisted and rose.

“Okay, then let’s do this. The moment I leave this room, I’ll kill the woman you said is more benevolent and kinder than you.”

“…What, what did you say?”

“Bring as many people as you want.”

“….”

“Because there’s no one like you in this world.”

I was astonished to hear the male lead say that he would kill the heroine of the novel with his own mouth.

“You’ll be the one who will save me, Lia.”

…I think I twisted the original story.
    ~~~
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

I Unintentionally Cured the Grand Duke's Insomnia
    TABLE OF CONTENTS
    Minor Spoilers
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    yerisegg and Hoouuujae60 like this.
  3. Hoouuujae60

Reading List:
    Link
    It currently has 2 translated chaps on travis:cookie:
    The ml hasn't appeared yet...:blobcry:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  4. Samona

Samona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to let spoilers be deciding factor if I want to read the novel. The comments from kkp users are saying it's quite childish.
    If this is funny & fluffy without much depth like 'Grand Duke, It Was a Mistake' then I won't mind giving this a try.

Rin.rinaaa, Joon16 and twilight_123 like this.
  5. Hoouuujae60

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I read the raws a little and...
    so Adelia immediately rode the carriage, since it was going fast, she arrived at their mansion in only about 30 minutes. When she got off, Lina (probably her personal maid) who came with her told her that she shouldn't jump off the carriage while it was still moving since it was dangerous, but mc/adelia didn't listen to her since she was looking at a carriage parked nearby, she asked Lily which guest came, and Lily said that judging by the carriage(probably the crest on the carriage) the guest should be baroness Jo Malone (dunno if its right, since I read it in mtl). Baron Jomalone seems have the backer of Marquis Black, and they seem to do a lot of bad things, he's also the first who ml/cain kills at the start of the novel. And the baron family's young lady also clings to a villainess in the novel named Evelyn.

After remembering that the baron family's young lady is already 18, mc hurriedly went to her father, her father has dark brown hair so it looks like mc got her pink hair from her mom. She asked her dad for a favor. She thought to herself that the baroness Jomalone must have come to their house to brag to mc's mother, that her daugter is going to debute while mc is still not, mc seems to have just woken up a month ago (maybe the time mc transmigrated). Adelia, the ori owner of the body seems to have been sickly and didn't get to debut at the right time, she's already 20. Mc asked her dad to persuade her mom since she would definitely be impatient and ask her to debut immediately, to delay it for another year, she lied that she wanted to spend more time with her parents and doesn't want to get married yet. Dad was moved and said yes confidently, the more he reassured her the more anxious she became.

So fast forward when the family is having a meal, dad did what he promised but mom did exactly what mc thought, they argued for a bit (mostly dad losing from moms momentum lol) but dad really insisted since that was what his daughter wants, saying she's already late for 2 years so another year should be fine, but mom went off about how mc should go since she was already late for the debut and that to prove to people mc is no longer sick, she wants mc to start family and be happy. Mc thought this shouldn't go on, so she signal to her dad that its fine to stop but dad seems to have misunderstood and tried to persuade mom more. Mc was asked by her mom, Lina (its moms name) if she wanted to debut this year or the next, mc looked at her dad who had an expression that she should express what she wants...but mc got scared of being scolded lol, she said it should be fine having only one of them getting scolded no need for both of them and hurriedly spoke that she wants it this year lol dad got betrayed~:blob_grin:

Oh my gosh! They finally meet at ch 4~:aww:

two weeks left for the debutante and mc made a lot of excuses not to go, like she had no dress or like she wants to spend more time with her parents but she wouldn't be able to if she gets married. But mom solved all her problems and asked her to go, she wants her to marry a good man and that she'll still be her daighter even if she gets married. Lily her maid proposed she pretend to be sick since she saw mc doesn't really wanna go but mc didn't do it since she still remembers the time mom prayed so much and caressed her head every night after she woke up.

Fast forward to tge time of debut, mc went inside and was fascinated by the splendor of the imperial palace...lol she kept gloating about the fact that she was an extra that no one paid any attention to her :blob_grin: she was like "poor lady Evelyn Black (ori novel villainess) being approached by many men since author wrote it that way, being able to catch attention with her black eyes and silver hair, she was beautiful," :blobjoy: men kept asking her to dance, mc was like, this is the fifth time she was asked, then like this is the fifth time she rejected someone...she did all that while eating as much as she wants and drink a lot of champagne as much as she wants while standing by the wall...

Adelia wanted to get another drink (it was placed on the center of the room) when suddenly someone arrived at the door...guess who? Ding! Its ml:blobsmilehappyeyes:

People were surprised when he came, they were like "omg its gd cain destro" or "it rare, whys he here!" While ml just went through with an expressionless face...towards mc, :blobowoevil: she was whys he coming here while looking around her only to see she was the only one there:blob_grin: people was like "let's get outta here" and moved to the side, mc was like "I'm done for!"

When ml arrived in front of her he smiled and said "its an honor to meet you..." "young lady of Blaise family/earldom/county" others were surprised asking who mc was while others were shocked since ml smiled:blobmelt:

Mc was like what's happening? How do you know me? And how it is an honor to meet me!?

But she still greeted the grand duke the same, and he was like you seem to know me which mc responded that there would be no person in the empire who wouldn't, he said it looks like my notoriety helped me, mc was dazed by his low voice while looking at his face, black hair and red eyes, mc thought its no wonder artist would praise his face whenever they have time. Then she woke up when she heard someone on the crowd saying the gd of destro must be in love with the yl of blaise:blob_grin: mc was shocked deep inside saying who is in love with whom?! She was like I need to get outta here! The she asked the duke to enjoy and turned to leave. But she was blocked by him so she asked him if he wanted to say anything else which he replied that he heard tody is the ly of blaise's debut, she was silent so ml asked if he misunderstood. Mc tried to ask him how he knew but the emperor suddenly arrived.

Young emperor Ioan Von Claudius, with blonde hair and golden eyes which seem to embrace the sun. Mc said she would have liked him a bit if he hadn't said anything weird. Lol:blob_grin: Ioan teased Cain/ml saying he saw a face more precious him today which made cain furrowed his eyebrows.
    He said that he thought the duke came to congratulate the young ladies who made their debut then he said he thought wrong since ml doesn't seem to want to move anywhere else besides to where mc is. Emperor raised his eyebrows while mc thought oh no, he must be planning something...

:blob_grin:emperor asked ml if he would be fine having the last dance of the event for the young ladies, other people looked curiously while ml who greeted the emperor while having one knee kneeling stood up and said it would be absurd if he refused while emperor looked at him playfully. Ml said it was just in time since he has a young lady he would like to dance with:blobxd: he turned to the crowd and adelia noticed Evelyn who was acting nonchalant but was actually tensed thought oh yeah if it's not the heroine the he'd probably choice the villainess...she looked at cain hoping it was so but when she looked at his intense gaze towards her, she thought oh no, please no :blobpopcorn: but ml eventually asked her for a dance:blobjoy:

Ch 5 was funny lol I'll give summary tomorrow~:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    OtomeAddict, Averyn, Chorkie and 20 others like this.
  6. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Hoouuujae60

Reading List:
    Link
    Cain looked at Adelia and licked his lips, but he didn't withdraw his outstretched hand. Adelia couldn't find herself to accept, she felt like it was an invitation to hell:blob_grin:. She told Cain that she wasn't a good dancer to which he replied that it was the same for him, Adelia couldn't refuse any longer, the crowd was paying attention to them, if she declines, then rumors that the grand duke asked her to dance along how she rejected him would spread not only in Aren but the whole Lian.

(it seems that Aren is the name of the capital and lian is the empire, I might be wrong though, since this is only mtl)

Adelia wanted to cry, she accepted his hand while looking like a person who ate mustard:blobjoy:
    Cain wrapped his arms around Adelia's waist and closed the distance in an instant. The tips of their noses almost touched. She took the breath in surprise but Cain pretended not to see and started to move according to the music. Adelia only started to learn to dance a few months ago so her dancing was sloppy, her body was tense, but the good thing was Cain was actually good at dancing unlike what he said earlier, so good that it wasn't obvious that she was bad at dancing. Adelia thought that after this dance she should immediately leave the ballroom and go home, she should stay at her house at leaset until the ori novel's heroine, Irene, appears and meets Cain.

It was around the time that Adelia was getting used to the steps when Cain suddenly pulled her closer and bowed his head near her ears, Adelia took a breath, being startled by his actions and his scent. Cain called her "young lady Blaise" to which Adelia responded yes. Cain asked her if she likes reading:blobjoy:, Adelia stuttered saying she does. Cain hugged her crookedly and asked her in embarrassment "among the recently published books in Aren, there was an interesting book, does young lady know about it?":blobjoy: Adelia said she wasn't sure to which Cain responded that it was surprising, the book's about"the mad grand duke" so he thought that she would be interested:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: Cain said he liked the title of the book lol he said it was as if it was pointing towards him:blobrofl: Adelia's heart dropped. She couldn't even focus on the dance.

It was at that moment when the music slowly stopped, the crowd looked at them, she was startled by Cain's voice and accidentally stepped on his foot. Cain said the title of the book; "the mad grand duke loves me":blobjoy::blobjoy: she looked at him in embarrassment while the corners of his lips slowly raised as he looked at her quietly. Cain asked if she really doesn't know the book, Adelia was shocked and instinctively let go of his hand and she got out of his arms. Adelia reasoned that he wouldn't know she wrote it since she was using a pen name so she responded that she was not familiar with such book. Cain called out to her, he said he doesn't like lies, he said that if she really knows him then she would know, he looked at her with cool eyes and smiled.

Adelia thought to herself that of course she knows, she thought that it was obvious he wasn't a bad person, his notoriety for being crazy and having the nickname "maniac" was made by the aristocrats to tarnish his reputation. In fact he was so weak that he couldn't even sleep properly because of guilt, he thought that his brother, Abel (the names :cookie:, adam and eve's sons) died on his behalf. So Adelia admitted it and said it was her who wrote it then she continued that she didn't mean anything bad when writing the book to which Cain cut her off by asking if they could dance another song. The crowd heard it and started murmuring again, he smiled but his eyes that were looking at her was intimidating. She said its an honor and held his hand again, then he wrapped his arms around her waist again as if waiting. Then she danced following his lead, but even after some time passed he still didn't say anything, when she wanted to ask he finally opened his mouth.

Cain said that it would be difficult if they talk here since there are a lot of eyes, to which Adelia complained that why did they have to dance another song but cain cut her off and said that he would send a carriage to the Blaise mansion and they will talk at the grand duchy in the morning. She tried to say that its not like they would be talking g long to which Cain raised his eyebrows and said, "I'll just say one thing while praising the quirky brain that thought writing a book with me as a model":blobjoy: then he continued saying she shouldn't even think about it, if she doesn't arrive at the grand duke's residence tomorrow morning, he won't hesitate to kidnap her...Adelia thought that that lines belong to a villain while looking at his back that turned to leave:blob_grin::blob_grin::blobjoy:
    She thought that plan B failed so she should go with plan c.

Adelia turned and ran away from the ballroom, running away from the crowds curious looks and Evelyn's gaze that seem to want to kill her any moment. She run through the imperial palace and got on the carriage and went straight back home without looking back.

Lily asked what she was doing when she saw Adelia opening the closet and putting all the clothes hangging on the bed. Adelia asked if her parents are already asleep, then she suddenly remembered that they went out, Lily said that they went to the estate of count Blaise, they hurriedly left because of frequent disappearance that occured in retinem. She said that the count was sorry they couldn't celebrate together even though its her debut and she was told by the countess that they should take care since they would be gone for about a week. Adelia thought it was a good thing since it would not be easy to run away if they were here, she was angry at the author and started dissing in her mind, she asked lily to bring her a pen and paper, she tought it would be good if she at least leave a letter. She pulled out a bag under her ben and started packing, she thought the story must have been disrupted because she didn't die, she said she could still fix it since the story hasn't started yet and Irene hasn't appeared yet. Lily was surprised by what she was doing when she delivered the pen and paper, Adelia told her she wants to go on a trip, she said she was going to travel for as long as when nobody remembers her, she thought to herself that atleast until the novel goes on and Cain falls in love with Irene.
    Lmao~ I've been reading up to ch 9 and:blobjoy::blobjoy: fl and ml are so funny~ i'm choking from laughter:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobrofl:

8. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you mtl? I tried it myself and it was so frustrating

Hoouuujae60 likes this.
  9. Hoouuujae60

Reading List:
    Link
    I used google translate...actually there's a thread for that I think, you can look it up...typing was more frustrating lol

10. Hebaj22

Hebaj22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is so handsomeeeeee!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:
    I’m tired of this kind of Fl so I’m gonna just wait for a spoilers and won’t read the novel:cool:

twilight_123 likes this.
  11. Hoouuujae60

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on ch 49 and I think fl is fine, she's also funny lol, though I agree ml is hawt, he kinda gives the same vibe as aedis on rather than the son, but only slightly, since he also has his charms ^ ^

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  12. misa191199

misa191199 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoiled more plsss

13. Hoouuujae60

Reading List:
    Link
    as you can see on the cover, mc's hair is pink, but actually it used to be grey, when she was ill about a year ago, her hair turned white, and it glimmers in pink hue whenever the sunlight shines on her hair
    while ml's hair looks black it's actually dark blue close to black or atleast that's what I understood from the raws...

anvollo, OtomeAddict, Chorkie and 7 others like this.
  14. Hoouuujae60

Reading List:
    Link
    the chapter starts with Adelia writing a letter to her parents, she figured she couldn't tell them the real reason why she's running away, so she wrote that she wanted to go on a trip. She put the letter on the side table, all the while Lily who was watching her, worriedly asked where she's going, Adelia responded that she didn't know, she had no destination, but she thought she should go outside Aren first.

Lily couldn't help but raise her voice in a fluster, asking what she meant by that, to which Adelia ignored her, pouring all the contents of her jewelry box in her bag, she asked Lily to lend her some money, not just 1 gold, but all she has, if the trip goes longer than she thought she would end up selling all the jewelry she brought, she thought it would be good to have some cash ready at least tonight. Specially since it is a sudden departure to avoid Cain.

She turned to Lily who was dazed and asked again, when Lily heard her, she finally snapped out of it and asked if she's going on that trip alone, where they don't know where she's going. Adelia said yes, she asked again if she would really go in a time where the count and countess aren't around, she asked if it had to be tonight, so Adelia said it may seem strange but she's really in a hurry. Lily immediately disagreed knowing she just got better from her illness, she proceeds to tell her that her parents will be shocked if they got home and she's not there.

Adelia slowed down her movements and thought if she's really overdoing it, Cain just wanted to have a talk with her, and it'd be overreacting if she runs away. She also thought that life as a fugitive would be hard, and any other things she could consider. She brought her right hand to her lips while thinking, then she suddenly remembered what Cain told her when she smelled the scent of wood that Cain has, that if she doesn't come in the morning, he won't hesistate to kidnap her.

She instantly woke up, she said to Lily that she should go, Lily tried to stop her again and she said to her that her parents will understand, she thought that she could only fulfill her filial pity if she's alive. Then Lily said she understand, but she will come with her, if Adelia refuse, she won't let her go. She said she won't lend her money nor will she arrange a carriage for her, she said she will tell the butler so she wouldn't be able to go and asked her to choose.
    ▪︎▪︎▪︎
    Adelia leaned on the window whle the carriage kept rattling, Lily asked if she really won't tell her, she said she read the letter Adelia wrote and left, Adelia asked her why she read it, she recond that she couldn't help it since she was acting unusual. She said she was acting like she's going to die if she doesn't leave. Adelia saw her teary eyes and said that it's because her circumstances changed, she said she thought she was just an extra, that no matter what she did, it won't be noticed by the main characters, that it was all set. She said she realized that it was wrong, and her actions can affect the protagonists so she's running away, she said that was the reason for the night escape. She said to Lily that she hopes she won't be upset if she doesn't tell her everything. She said there is a reason why people said it's best not to know everything, as the kidnappers will kill their hostage for being able to see their face, she said it's same same as that.
    Lily says she doesn't understand, Adelia said it's a way to her, to protect her parents, them. She also included to beware of marquis Black in the letter she left.

Lily looked at her while she was biting her lips, she told her that she wasn't smart and couldn't understand her, but she knew one thing, she said she always talked about not being the main character, but for her, she is the main character and that no mmatter what happens, she will protect her. Adelia felt shy, this was the first time she heard words like that, then she changed to topic by saying they'll take a break after going through the west gate. Her peaceful life was broken only a few hours, but she thought it wasn't so bad...

I mistook it, they'll actually meet again at ch 8 not 7 and it was so funny lol

15. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much~ more please

16. _sleepy_foodie_surfing_

_sleepy_foodie_surfing_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiii, the book is published in stage kakaopage till 50+ chaps you can easily translate via Google as it's in text format and it doesn't require kakaopage account too. I've dropped link here:

17. Hoouuujae60

Reading List:
    Link
    okay so the chapter starts with Cain pov...

"I just confirmed that the young lady of Blaise just passed through the capital's west gate"
    Lyle asked what he should do after he was done reporting, however Cain who heard his report just looked at him blankly, his face looked as if he didn't know what he was talking about. Lyle who saw that tried to repeat his words but Cain raised his hand to make him stop, his vacant hand rose and covered his face. Lyle who saw Cain's unusual behavior began to have doubts. He paid close attention to Cain only to hear a muffled laughter in his ears. Lyle's face couldn't help but show that he couldn't believe what is happening, he was in amazement as he looked at Cain who's shoulders was shaking and a smile hung on his face. The sound of laughter that was pouring out little by little as if teasing him for not being able to make a sound in this unbelievable situation quickly grew loud enough to resonate in the room. Lyle swears he never saw his master laugh like that in the last five years. He had no way of knowing whether his master was laughing because of surprise or joy at the young lady's careless behavior, but Lyle who saw that felt somewhat moved.

In the office, Cain leaned on his desk and laughed for a long time, then he turned his head towards him. Cain looked at Lyle and asked him where he thought the young lady would go after passing through the west gate. Lyle hearing that, answered, he said he didn't know their destination but they would probably stop by the village of Birk. Cain repeated the village's name, asked why he thought so, to which Lyle replied that according to the information he got from the investigation, the young lady had suffered from a chronic illness since she was a child, and she only got better in the last three months. When cain looked at him, he continued, saying the young lady was very much loved by the count and countess and the while county because of her illness moreover she was the only daughter of the Blaise family, so he said they wouldn't have a schedule that would strain the lady's body. Cain looked at an envelope with a golden seal as he tapped his finger on the desk. He said that the young lady was a sickly but precious princess. Cain looked at Lyle, and the other who understood his master's meaning said he got everything ready. Cain then stood up, while the grand duchy's butler Roan approached and put of his coat for him. He said that since the precious person didn't want to come without an escort when she was politely invited, he has no choice but to go himself and kidnap her.

Adelia sneezed, Lily who heard that asked if she caught a cold, to which she responded no, they went back and forth with Lily not believing her, it ended with Lily wanting to go out in order to get more firewood, Adelia stopped her and said the firewood is enough and she doesn't need to, she continues, saying it wasn't even winter, she commented that she'll get steamed at this rate, moreover she even made her wore thick clothes, she said it was too much. Adelia remembered the carriage that was full of luggage, the servants who heard she was going on a trip filled it with things like chessboard, since she'll get bored when traveling, or alchohol, saying its a must when traveling or what not. She told them there was no need and she just want to bring less luggage but no one listened to her. Lily then told her that she was only worried since she was ill for over 10 years. Adelia changed the topic by asking her a favor and prepare a bath, sha said she wanted to take one since she's tired...when Lily turned and left, Adelia exclaimed that it was hot and immediately took of the thick clothes she was wearing.
    To be honest I already wrote this yesterday, but it got deleted~!! Fml :/

I never knew that~!! Now it looks like my coins in kakao and time typing was useless~ :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobcat_rawr::blob_catflip::blobcatblush::blobdead:

I bought several chapters on kakao app but others can read it on the link mr. sleepy gave so that's good... but should I continue giving short summaries still or not..?? Tv T

18. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. misa191199

misa191199 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Plssss continue :love::love::love:

Hoouuujae60 likes this.
  20. JoshyM62

JoshyM62 Well-Known Member